Thread: SLE/ESTp roomate - help!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    My SLE landlord is a lot like this guy.
    I straight up said to him: "I'm your customer. I'm not your friend." Probably crushed his Fi polr into a million even tinier pieces.
    he, having base Se, just have thought: "all who give me money are my friends"

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ilu Sol
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Regulating personal distance is largely . I might accidentally do things that might cross it.

This does not sound like business relation where you basically discuss stuff that overlaps with your interests you share and might think it further [it tends to have minor disagreements under the hood].

Irrationals might bicker but leave each other alone eventually. It is just stupid to waste time in it when you can do something else.
    Well, I don't doubt Polly's type as ILE.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Holy shit wait.

Now I'm starting to second guess my landlord's type LOL maybe he is ESE.

It's just I had multiple ESE landladies before who seemed somewhat different.

And btw -- my cooking is WAY better than his. He thinks so too.
    Last edited by niffer; 04-15-2018 at 06:07 AM.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Holy shit wait.

Now I'm starting to second guess my landlord's type LOL maybe he is ESE.

It's just I had multiple ESE landladies before who seemed somewhat different.

And btw -- my cooking is WAY better than his. He thinks so too.
    And the light bulb goes off...

The guy in the OP could be EIE tbh, but this kind of nosiness and smothering affection, "let's be friends everyone" is definitely an ESE thing.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nah I think my landlord still is SLE after all. Crisis averted.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

English words I’ve taught my SLE landlord so far: unprofessional, asshole, advertisement, criminal, illegal, godfather/mother/sister/brother, collagen

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE imo.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    Is he really ESTp and not e.g. ESFp? I mean doesn't sound like your look-a-like, more like a super-ego. With ESFps there is no other way than to adapt. Sorry If he is really ESTp then I don't know what is wrong with him But ESTps should listen to you if you talk to them about it. I don't know but I haven't yet met an ESTp who would say to a stranger something like "get ready for hugs!". I have met a hundred ESFps who could do that though.
    Tho I'm late to the thread, I wondered the same thing. The SLEs I've lived with had better boundaries than this and weren't so pushy w things like hugs, i.e. would ask or say "I want a hug," or in the case of a lover, I remember getting warnings of how he would want to affect me, but it was more like wanting me to feel better about myself and the world. Or something sexual, but I count that as a different domain.

They can be caring and want to do a lot for you, including cooking and cleaning, ime. Not like cooking three meals a day but sometimes, with pleasure. Maybe also an E8 thing? I'm not much into enneagram.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    Is he really ESTp and not e.g. ESFp? I mean doesn't sound like your look-a-like, more like a super-ego. With ESFps there is no other way than to adapt. Sorry If he is really ESTp then I don't know what is wrong with him But ESTps should listen to you if you talk to them about it. I don't know but I haven't yet met an ESTp who would say to a stranger something like "get ready for hugs!". I have met a hundred ESFps who could do that though.
    Tho I'm late to the thread, I wondered the same thing. THE SKEs I've lived with had better boundaries than this and weren't so pushy w things like hugs, i.e. would ask or do "I want a hug, of in the case of a lover, I remember getting warnings of how he would want to affect me, but it was more like wanting me to feel better about myself and the world.

They can be caring and want to do s lot for you, including cooking and cleaning, ime. Not like cooking three meals s day but sometimes, with pleasure. Maybe also an E8 thug? I'm not much into enneagram.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12