Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you help me find my type?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can you help me find my type?

I attempted this lengthy Socionics questionnaire where the questions are grouped according to the information elements.

https://pastebin.com/a3NsP3Lj

I haven’t dabbled in typology for quite a while but from what I recall, I was strongly inclined towards Gamma, and particularly ILI.

Here's an alternate questionnaire, if you don't like the pastebin one.

Describe your upbringing. Did it have any kind of religious or structured influence? How did you respond to it?
    There wasn't any significant religious influence, just the customary festivals and whatnot. My parents are perfectly fine with me being an atheist or at least an agnostic. I was very moralistic and disciplined as a kid. No incident shows this better than that time I almost cried out of despair because someone accused me of doing something as horrible as swearing. I was also stringent about rules and didn't want to be seen as a bad person. Much of this was self-imposed in the sense that it wasn't some external influence deliberately pushing me towards being that way.

What do you do as a job or as a career (if you have one)? Do you like it? Why or why not?
    I'm still a student. Currently studying for data science in uni. I like it because I've always liked playing with numbers and analysing data. Making predictions and getting insights about things.

If you had to spend an entire weekend by yourself, how would you feel? Would you feel lonely or refreshed?
    Lol, this is how I live. I don't feel anything because there is nothing to unusual to react to. It's neither lonely nor refreshing.

What is your relation with movement and your surroundings? For instance do you prefer a sport or outdoors event? If an outdoors event what is it? And why? If not what type of activities do you tend to engage?
    I prefer playing a sport such as football or tennis. It keeps me active and I'm constantly doing something, which assuages my restless mind. Can't think of any particular outdoors event I have a clear preference for.

How curious are you? Do you have more ideas then you can execute? What are your curiosities about? What are your ideas about - is it environmental or conceptual, and can you please elaborate?
    I don't know if I'm any more curious than the typical guy. I can definitely get lost "researching" something I'm interested in but I don't see really myself as curious in the sense that it's one of the attributes which defines my personality. It's such a vague attribute as well. Curiosity is more often than not dependent on your interests. People can have very little curiosity about something but spend a whole day only thinking about something else. I care little for the environment but not in the wrong way. It's just something I don't have considerable control over and so it rarely warrants my undivided attention. I won't throw garbage in the middle of a road but I'm also not going to attend some green planet rally or anything of that sort. Climate change is another example. Yes, it's a concern but there's little I personally can do about it so I have little to no curiosity for that matter. Let the people who actually have the skills or knowledge to do something about it do their job. My ideas are definitely more conceptual. I like thinking about why people behave a certain way, for instance.

Would you enjoy taking on a leadership position? Do you think you would be good at it? What would your leadership style be?
    I can see some appeal in that but I don't think I'm fit for it. I'm not particularly fond of being responsible for other people. I can get impatient easily and my communication skills are far from impressive. I think I'm good at things like describing the big picture or generating ideas, but a leader does a lot more than that.

Are you coordinated? Why do you feel as if you are or are not? Do you enjoy working with your hands in some form? Describe your activity?
    I haven't particularly noticed. It's normal, I guess.

Are you artistic? If yes, describe your art? If you are not particular artistic but can appreciate art please likewise describe what forums of art you enjoy. Please explain your answer.
    No, I've gone through phases where I have fancied myself as an artist but I'm really quite shit at this stuff. I can't say I have a particular appreciation for art. I have occasionally tried getting into it but I lose interest quite quickly. It's just another aspect of life from my perspective, one that I've always be aware of but never really engage with.

What's your opinion about the past, present, and future? How do you deal with them?
    I often think about events of my life in a way where the past, present and future are analysed together, although it's mostly past and present. I like thinking about how I've grown and developed over time and how the world around me has also changed in that same period. I occasionally think about where I'm headed or what kind of life I would like to have in the future.

How do you act when others request your help to do something (anything)? If you would decide to help them, why would you do so?
    I'll respond according to what it is that they need help with. If it's something I'm not good at, I'll just tell them instead of wasting their time with an ineffectual attempt. I would decide to help because it just gives me a good feeling. I feel like I've done something substantial and the other person obviously gets the help he needs, so everyone wins.

Do you need logical consistency in your life?
    Wouldn't say I have a need for it.

How important is efficiency and productivity to you?
    I am definitely in need of it. My life is a chaotic mess at the moment. It feels like I just react and adapt to situations and there is little to no organisation or structure. I'm prone to just doing things based on how I feel in that moment even though I spend a considerable amount of time thinking about what I should be doing and even mentally organising the day according to that.

Do you control others, even if indirectly? How and why do you do that?
    Not really. It's not something I seek to do. Depends on what you mean by control, I suppose. There are moments where I feel like I'm controlling someone because I'm only interacting with them for some business or material reason.

What are your hobbies? Why do you like them?
    Predominantly films, TV shows and football. Don't think there's a deeper reason behind my inclination towards them.

What is your learning style? What kind of learning environments do you struggle with most? Why do you like/struggle with these learning styles? Do you prefer classes involving memorization, logic, creativity, or your physical senses?
    I think I learn best when I'm under pressure. Learning style is irrelevant then, whatever gets the job done is what works for me.

How good are you at strategizing? Do you easily break up projects into manageable tasks? Or do you have a tendency to wing projects and improvise as you go?
    I'm good at all the conceptual stages of strategising, not so much the implementation. I can design a complex timetable for my activities but I'll never be able to follow it. I'm much more inclined towards just winging it and improvising. I don't even prepare for presentations. I just speak on the spot and to my surprise, that approach has actually worked well. With games based on strategy and long-term planning, I often find myself getting bored eventually and immediately switch to something with more action and short-term planning.

What's important to you and why?
    Not sure I can identify anything in particular that is important to me. I am mostly indifferent with respect to deep and profound questions like this. They're nice in films and books for character development but in real life, everything is eventually condensed to the mundane. I don't really see the point in it. What is important to you is dynamic anyway, it could even change by the hour.

What are your aspirations?
    Unfortunately, I have no grandiose goals or visions. I just want to have the best possible quality of life.

What are your fears? What makes you uncomfortable? What do you hate? Why?
    It may sound silly, but death is what I fear the most. Just the brutal culmination of everything you've known and experienced. Gone as the rest of the world moves on. There are a lot of things that can make me uncomfortable to varying degrees but I think social anxiety is the worst, specifically the feeling of being watched and scrutinised by everyone in a room. I hate a lot of things, quite a lot of them probably for stupid reasons.

What do the "highs" in your life look like?
    Accomplishing things, healthy and enjoyable interactions with friends, a clear mind, nearly all aspects of my life going smoothly.

What do the "lows" in your life look like?
    Lethargic and chaotic mess of mindless and repetitive activities which just give me short bursts of immediate gratification but lead me nowhere and can even have an insidiously detrimental effect. I feel like what I am now is the result of years of not making the most of my life and just going with the motions.

How attached are you to reality? Do you daydream often, or do you pay attention to what's around you? If you do daydream, are you aware of your surroundings while you do so?
    I'm fairly grounded. I daydream just as often as anyone else, mostly during lectures. I think I have a good awareness of my surroundings. I'm often one of the first to notice changes in my surroundings, whether they're physical or sound-related.

Imagine you are alone in a blank, empty room. There is nothing for you to do and no one to talk to. What do you think about?
    That's hard to say. I don't think any hypothetical answer I come up with will accurately reflect how I would actually feel if for whatever reason, I found myself in such a scenario. All I can answer with some confidence is that there will be a lot of questions in my mind.

How long do you take to make an important decision? And do you change your mind once you've made it?
    Depends on the kind of decision my making and other variables and factors. I can spend an embarrassing amount of time in a bookshop but take only a few seconds to make a decision on a matter that could have serious consequences. It's not consistent. I try not to change my mind after making a decision but it has happened more often than I like.

How long do you take to process your emotions? How important are emotions in your life?
    I don't process my emotions, unless I felt something really worth thinking about again, which is rarely the case. Emotions are emotions? Don't know how to describe their importance in my life.

Do you ever catch yourself agreeing with others just to appease them and keep the conversation going? How often? Why?
    Yes, I often do outside the internet that just because I can't be arsed to have an argument or conflict with someone else. Although when I'm on the internet, I'm extremely enthusiastic about disagreeing with others so who knows. Can't stop getting into arguments and fights then. I just have to tell the other person why he's wrong about something even if it has no effect on me.

Do you break rules often? Do you think authority should be challenged, or that they know better? If you do break rules, why would you?
    I don't deliberately break them to feel like a rebel. If I can break a rule and not suffer any serious penalties and it's not important to me, then I'll disregard it without a second thought. If it benefits me, I'll obey it. I don't see why authority can't be challenged but it's silly to do it just for the sake of it and not because you actually have an issue with what they're doing.

What is the ideal life, in your opinion?
    I don't think there is one. There will always be struggles and problems. They just evolve with your situation.

Here's the questionnaire recommended in this forum.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    I study data science. I’ve always had an interest in data and working with numbers.

What are your values, and why?

I don’t really have a strong set of concrete values. I just have an inherent understanding of, I suppose, a true self. I can notice if I’m doing something which is causing me to deviate from who I truly am, if that makes sense.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    On a daily basis, I’m really just wasting time on the internet, occasionally reading books.

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?
    I’m fairly distant and detached. I’ve never been close to anyone and there is always something cold about my interactions with people. It’s not that I’m not a loner, I’ve made many good friends. I’m struggling to describe it but there has always been something missing, like there’s a transparent wall between myself and whoever I’m acquainted with.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    I don’t look for anything. It just happens naturally and over time.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
    I’ve never actually been in real conflict with anyone else, probably because I don’t get close to people or have particularly meaningful interactions so there is rarely an opportunity for either of us to express something that the other disagrees with to such an extent. When I think about it, most of the few moments where I felt like I was in conflict with other people was in middle school, and that was mostly because of different interests in games or other childish stuff.

How would your friends describe you?
    I’m not sure, to be honest.

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People think I’m smart and mature, not sure I agree with them. I think it’s just the impression I give because of my demeanour. They’ve always said that I’m logical, which is more of an attribute than a strength, I suppose.
    Can’t identify anything in particular I like about myself. Not implying that I hate myself, just that I can’t think of any attribute that stands out.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Procrastination, indulgence, lack of organisation, passivity. I’ve been criticised for not acting quickly or being lazy. Basically, I’m just languidly walking on a road with a vague sense of direction or long-term planning.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I think I’m good at understanding things like processes and events are related to each other. In general, I suppose I’m fairly good at quickly understanding something if I give a shit. I’d like help with getting shit done and moving around, actually accomplishing things instead of simply envisioning how I’m going to go about it.

What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    I don’t like being in the kind of social situations where there is literally nothing going on and people are just chilling out, talking about whatever comes to mind. There’s no concrete activity. It's not even as if they're talking about something meaningful. It's empty space.
    Can't think of anything I enjoy more than most people. Obviously there are certain interest or hobbies one might have that a majority of their circle might not care about but that's normal. Football, I guess. It's the most popular sport in the world, but I think I am more obsessed with it than most people.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?
    I don’t really have any notable goals or plans. I’m just adapting to circumstances at this point, doing whatever I think should benefit me.

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    Probably what I’m doing right now: browsing the internet, watching football, playing games. Just without the sense of guilt or frustration.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    When people speak their mind even if the contents of what they are saying do not fit the popular narrative. It’s refreshing to see someone actually have an original opinion they believe in enough to face the inevitable outrage or reprimand from other people. Keep in mind this doesn’t include people who say disturbing or shocking things simply because they want to be seen as edgy, whom I dislike. I’m just referring to honest people. A trait I find annoying that others consider to be endearing is theatricality. When someone emotes excessively. I just think they’re being fake or putting on a show.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?
    My room is a mess most of the time so clearly I don’t put any effort into beautifying or managing it. I have thought about adding posters or the like expressing my interests but I don’t think the value is proportional to the cost. I think daily chores are a nuisance like most people. I have no particular opinion on them.

How do you behave around strangers?
    Like a typical stranger. Minding my own business. Staring at my phone.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    I try to understand why there’s conflict in the first place. I’m not going to charge into battle immediately like I see some people do. I’ve not really been in enough conflict situations to get an understanding of my reaction to them, at least outside the internet. If someone insults me for no reason, I brand them as a twat and move on.

What is one common misconception that people have about things? Explain why it is wrong.
    A lot of football fans don’t seem to understand that if you change something in the past, whatever happens after that point is altered. So it’s ridiculous when a team would, say, miss three great opportunities to score a goal and someone would say, “We could have scored three goals!”. No, if that team had capitalised on the first chance and scored a goal, the other two chances would not have happened for certain because now we’ve shifted to an alternate reality. That team would have probably changed their strategy, perhaps playing more defensively to protected their lead or, conversely, playing even more aggressively to put the game out of sight as soon as possible. Regardless, the point is that things would have changed. It's amazing how many people don't seem to understand this. Also, the factor of luck. "You make your own luck" must be one of the most stupid cliches ever. Luck is random and something you cannot control. At most, you can try accounting for it by optimising your work or performance to such a degree that bad luck wouldn't significantly hinder it.

What did you do last Friday?
    I was mostly on my couch, watching Netflix.

What is your biggest accomplishment?
    Probably not the biggest but personally, it’s winning an award for writing a short story in school, not necessarily because of the achievement itself but what it signified. For like months leading up to it, I had been endeavouring to improve my vocabulary and communication skills. I used to be terrible communicator and people often mocked the way I spoke. In a couple of months, I went from that to being the most eloquent person in my class. From my perspective, the award reflected that.

What is something you regret?
    The opportunities I squandered or missed because I was too lazy and inclined to procrastinate.

Who do you admire, and why?
    Someone who knows what to do and gets things done. Someone who has a clear idea of how to make the most of their life and makes things happen. Basically the antithesis of the guy lounging on the couch.

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?
    I don’t have any religious beliefs, I’m an atheist. In addition to the rational reasons, I just don’t like the idea of getting my moral compass from some external institution.

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?
    I don’t really care about politics, to be honest. I’d rather sort out my own issues first.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?
    No, I don’t think I’ve ever entertained being an entrepreneur, not even as a wild fancy. I don’t think I have the energy for that. I guess I’m fine with working within an organisation. I just want to earn money and spend it on silly stuff I enjoy.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?
    Any environment where I feel like I’m making progress and being productive.

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?
    My favourite subject was English because I liked reading stories and analysing their significance and the like. I liked literature. I also liked History, a subject I was mildly surprised to discover was abhorred by most people. I just liked reading about events and stories.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?
    I don’t go on vacations lol.

What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?
    As a kid, I was quite active. In fact, my parents often complained that I was prone to spending too much time outside. I've answered this question in more detail in the other questionnaire.

What was your high school experience like?
    Pretty good. I made some good friends and had some nice experiences.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?
    They are kids. I have no particular opinion on them.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Haven’t given the matter much thought.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yeah, that’s how I live.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I see imperfections and flaws, and I’m including myself before you accuse me of being a condescending twat. Nothing is perfect. That’s why some people worry about artificial intelligence.
    Funnily enough, I can’t really think of a prevalent social problem. I think people are mostly fine the way they are. This is the best time to be alive.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?
    Depends on how much I cared about getting it. If I cared enough, I would obsess over its absence for quite a while and endeavour to get it. Whatever approach is most suited to getting that thing.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?
    I’m not sure about comfortable, but I’m not inclined to do it because I don’t like being that responsible. Like in the entrepreneur question, I just don’t think I have the energy or enthusiasm for it. With that said, I can sort of assume a leadership position when I truly care about something and it involves many people. For instance, if I thought a group of people including me were suffering from some kind of injustice, I would basically try to galvanise the others into action, talk about confronting the problem. I wouldn’t necessarily be a de facto leader.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?
    I rarely get angry in public because I’m far too stoic and anxious to really emote in the first place. I can get angry quite often in private though, over a variety of things of varying degree. I can get extremely annoyed by people who are being deliberately obtuse or misrepresenting something you’re say just to gain the advantage in an argument. That’s just one of the many things that irritate me. I can write an essay on the subject. I suppose essentially, what makes me angry is when people distort or manipulate reality.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?
    I finished that assignment I had been procrastinating on.

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?
    Spurs reached the Champions League semi-final.

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?
    I don’t think there’s a grand, singular purpose of life. Just live it to the fullest. It’s an experience, journey, whatever.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?
    There isn’t a place I’ve been to which I thought was “interesting”. That word has never come to my mind.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?
    Combination of my personal style and an awareness of my surroundings.

Do you like surprises?
    Depends on how the surprised affected me. Obviously I wouldn’t be too fond of a surprise if it altered my life negatively.
    Last edited by Phantom; 04-20-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I attempted this lengthy Socionics questionnaire where the questions are grouped according to the information elements.

https://pastebin.com/a3NsP3Lj

I haven’t dabbled in typology for quite a while but from what I recall, I was strongly inclined towards Gamma, and particularly ILI.
    are you sure of your enneagram? because if so you are Fi creative

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    are you sure of your enneagram? because if so you are Fi creative
    Not really. I should change it. Are you implying that I’m Fi creative depending on my ennegram being 3w4?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not really. I should change it. Are you implying that I’m Fi creative depending on my ennegram being 3w4?
    not implying stating

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    not implying stating
    Alright, what can you tell from the questionnaire?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Your avatar picture is Ni leaning towards ILI.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Who made up this terrible questionnaire?

A lot of the answers are standard and universal. One doesn’t have to be a specific type in order to answer them just like everyone else would. A better test is if you say “I am compassionate “ is not to say it but to show it. So don’t bother asking for a type. Look at how you interact with people and the society that you are in on a fundamental level. Look and see how your energy flows and towards what areas. Are you super active or are you low slow key?. Does your activity flow towards people or objects or does it stay sedentary towards imagination and internal dialogue?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Your avatar picture is Ni leaning towards ILI.
    Ones avatar choice may have some indication of type specifically in terms of how you relate to objects. Are you dark humored you are likely not EII.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Who made up this terrible questionnaire?

A lot of the answers are standard and universal. One doesn’t have to be a specific type in order to answer them just like everyone else would. A better test is if you say “I am compassionate “ is not to say it but to show it. So don’t bother asking for a type. Look at how you interact with people and the society that you are in on a fundamental level. Look and see how your energy flows and towards what areas. Are you super active or are you low slow key?. Does your activity flow towards people or objects or does it stay sedentary towards imagination and internal dialogue?
    I am the opposite of super active. I'm very lethargic, probably the most lazy person I know. I have low energy most of the time. It seems I'm always waiting for the right moment to do something. Maybe it's just a way to justify my tendency to procrastinate.

I suppose it's more sedentary but I wonder if my social anxiety is to blame for that. I'm not particularly imaginative but I do have a sort of internal dialogue more often than not. However, in social situations, the focus seems to be on people and objects. I actually find it very difficult to internalise my thoughts and the like the way I do when I'm alone, so I inevitably start browsing through the apps on my phone. I've also noticed that I tend to initiate conversations which kind of contradicts my apparent introversion. One of my friends made an interesting observation about me, that I pretended to be an introvert and wasn't actually one.

In fact, I'd argue it's that focus on the external world which is somewhat responsible for the aforementioned anxiety, as I have this hyper-awareness of my surroundings and my place in it which makes me feel quite anxious about literally anything I do.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am the opposite of super active. I'm very lethargic, probably the most lazy person I know. I have low energy most of the time. It seems I'm always waiting for the right moment to do something. Maybe it's just a way to justify my tendency to procrastinate.

I suppose it's more sedentary but I wonder if my social anxiety is to blame for that. I'm not particularly imaginative but I do have a sort of internal dialogue more often than not. However, in social situations, the focus seems to be on people and objects. I actually find it very difficult to internalise my thoughts and the like the way I do when I'm alone, so I inevitably start browsing through the apps on my phone. I've also noticed that I tend to initiate conversations which kind of contradicts my apparent introversion. One of my friends made an interesting observation about me, that I pretended to be an introvert and wasn't actually one.

In fact, I'd argue it's that focus on the external world which is somewhat responsible for the aforementioned anxiety, as I have this hyper-awareness of my surroundings and my place in it which makes me feel quite anxious about literally anything I do.
    Sounds like you are an extrovert
    -

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What can I do that will give a better view of my type? An alternative questionnaire?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What can I do that will give a better view of my type? An alternative questionnaire?
    You can try the one in my signature

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    You can try the one in my signature
    I'm attempting it presently.

In the meantime, is anyone interested in VI'ing me? If that's still reliable.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type do these passages indicate?

"This morning, for some reason I thought about how we're all basically stacks of layered masquerades. Then I started thinking about how humans are inclined to form tribes, echo-chambers, and circlejerks. It's something unavoidable. I felt like there was something really animalistic in that, the way a large group of people can just unite over something and, more often than not, abandon rational thinking in favour of reinforcing whatever dominant beliefs the group might have, even choosing to avoid questioning them for the most part. Supporters of a sports team will hate another set of supporters simply because they're meant to, the primal motivations for doing so having really vanished a long time ago. Then I started thinking about how it was in fact this innate ability to form strong communities with common ideologies that basically gave us the advantage over other species in the caveman ages and instigated our development as the dominant species. I thought it was interesting that what initially differentiated us from animals is also something which occasionally reminds me that beneath all the masks and appearances, we can be just like them."

"Like it or not, Dubstep is the classical music of today. Not implying that Skrillex is as talented as Mozart but in 2200, our generation will probably be associated with dubstep just like the days of the Renaissance are associated with classical music. Dubstep is a perfect representation of the current generation because it screams what it's all about - technology. This is basic progression. Music changes with time." [I wrote this as a a teenager during the peak of dubstep, it probably looks silly now.]

"I was recently talking to someone about films I'd watched and I was reminded of how much I absolutely hated Jurassic World 2. Not just because it's not a good movie technically, my main complaints were about how fucked up it is morally, especially the ending. Basically, the dinosaurs in the zoo are going to be gassed to death but there is a button you can push to set them free. This little girl who is actually some kind of dinosaur/human mutant pushes the button and releases a host of carnivores into the civilian world, endangering lots of innocent lives. I'm not even that annoyed at the girl, I'm annoyed by the director presenting this as some kind of triumphant moment with the dramatic music and everything, not to mention none of the adults in the scene seem to have any problem with her decision because fuck real people apparently but these artificial, cloned creatures are more precious. Shit like this just pisses me off."

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the first paragraph looks Ni-Se, yeah.. the Critic would be well applied to you..

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You wait for the right moment to act.

Basically Ni in a nutshell

Why do you doubt ILI?
    -

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You wait for the right moment to act.

Basically Ni in a nutshell

Why do you doubt ILI?
    How did you gather that from the quotes? Or were you making an observation on something else?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw that it was something I had said in one of my previous posts. I did imply that it’s probably an excuse for my tendency to procrastinate though.

I’m basically vacillating between ILI and LIE.
    Last edited by Phantom; 04-15-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump. Also updated the questionnaire in the OP.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally did the questionnaire recommended in this forum, although I skipped three or four questions which shouldn't matter. It's in the OP, in addition to the reddit questionnaire and the 40q one in pastebin.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... for some reasons, I've read both questionnaire, the old one again.. and Voltaire came to my mind... "the best of possible worlds". I went to check what socionics say of Voltaire, for some he's ILE (?). and I guess this didn't help you : )

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, I'm just glad to see a reply. I've got to say, the questionnaire-to-typing ratio has been rather unexpected. Maybe it's the information overload.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, I was a bit overloaded... add to that that I've just noticed this thread these last days and you seemed to be sure about your inclinations to a dgree.. so that means I have to direct you towards the rightest possibility, which is a bit of a burden to take... intimidating? eheh... yeah I'm sorry you didn't get as many replies.. but come on, would you like people pop up en masse and start typing you ESE, SLI, what not because you remind them of their kindergarten crush?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair point lol.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

this shows me Si

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Procrastination, indulgence, lack of organisation, passivity. I’ve been criticised for not acting quickly or being lazy. Basically, I’m just languidly walking on a road with a vague sense of direction or long-term planning.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

i see Ne seeking here

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I think I’m good at understanding things like processes and events are related to each other. In general, I suppose I’m fairly good at quickly understanding something if I give a shit. I’d like help with getting shit done and moving around, actually accomplishing things instead of simply envisioning how I’m going to go about it.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

yeah Phantom SLI is the type I'm going with
    -

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see Ne seeking here

That’s interesting. Why do you think it’s Ne seeking as opposed to Se or Te seeking?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That’s interesting. Why do you think it’s Ne seeking as opposed to Se or Te seeking?
    Because motivation is Ne
    -

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Because motivation is Ne
    Is that why ur so motivated to get *b a n n e d*

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?
    Spurs reached the Champions League semi-final."

I relate man, I truly relate , I lost interest in football and this was one of the reasons

You are already one of the best users on the site for that answer alone .

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Well, this is a "gamma" tell for damn good reason (it's pretty damn accurate in most cases). Do you view or just plain fundamentally feel like life is a "game" on a truly fundamental level? Do you feel as though you are but a player in some game you can't really describe but just know you've no choice but to play somehow and that it just so happens to coincide with how you deep down know about how your life works? That you're playing a "game" that has knowable rules, restrictions, etc. that you can probably learn and thus somehow use to make things work out for you and those you care about? Yes? Then welcome to the Gamma quadra. Whether your dominant function is or , or , pull up a chair and keep it civil, for we've got things to plan, plot, and scheme .

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Well, this is a "gamma" tell for damn good reason (it's pretty damn accurate in most cases). Do you view or just plain fundamentally feel like life is a "game" on a truly fundamental level? Do you feel as though you are but a player in some game you can't really describe but just know you've no choice but to play somehow and that it just so happens to coincide with how you deep down know about how your life works? That you're playing a "game" that has knowable rules, restrictions, etc. that you can probably learn and thus somehow use to make things work out for you and those you care about? Yes? Then welcome to the Gamma quadra. Whether your dominant function is or , or , pull up a chair and keep it civil, for we've got things to plan, plot, and scheme .
    Sounds way more alpha than gamma

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- and this ''game'' does not refrain from extending its hands to the system you're trying to understand. Socionics is only a pointer, a marker. Avoid the trap by knowing that you're already caught.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see Ne seeking here

This is Se seeking. Simply envisioning a harmonious, bright future state wrapped in phantasms, while lacking a real drive or motivation beyond the mental looks like Se seeking to me. N seeking needs the fantastic.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hm i actually read it some more and it seems like u might be an LII type 5, theres some possibility for ILI too but im getting more alpha than gamma vibes

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    This is Se seeking. Simply envisioning a harmonious, bright future state wrapped in phantasms, while lacking a real drive or motivation beyond the mental looks like Se seeking to me. N seeking needs the fantastic.
    no it is not
    -

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no it is not
    Why not?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeaderLightChange View Post
    "What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?
    Spurs reached the Champions League semi-final."

I relate man, I truly relate , I lost interest in football and this was one of the reasons

You are already one of the best users on the site for that answer alone .
    Lol, I genuinely considered basically obliterating the game of football from my life at that moment. I can’t escape it though. Besides, although the tie is far from over, Ajax beat them in their shiny new stadium which was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Yeah, I do sort of see life from that perspective. I’ve often referred it to as an RPG but with a lot more ambiguity and randomness. I won’t say I’m consciously playing it all the time through. I envy those who are doing it consistently and successfully. I’m far too lazy lol. I’m also a lot more confident about my priorities than goals, if that makes sense. I don’t have a concrete vision or grand plan I’m striving towards. I just have priorities which obviously change with time, priorities which I feel will move me a step closer to being the best version of myself.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lol, I genuinely considered basically obliterating the game of football from my life at that moment. I can’t escape it though. Besides, although the tie is far from over, Ajax beat them in their shiny new stadium which was nice.

Yeah, I do sort of see life from that perspective. I’ve often referred it to as an RPG but with a lot more ambiguity and randomness. I won’t say I’m consciously playing it all the time through. I envy those who are doing it consistently and successfully. I’m far too lazy lol. I’m also a lot more confident about my priorities than goals, if that makes sense. I don’t have a concrete vision or grand plan I’m striving towards. I just have priorities which obviously change with time, priorities which I feel will move me a step closer to being the best version of myself.
    I do not see Ni here
    -

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not see Ni here
    Can you elaborate?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast