Thread: Romancing an SLI

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    And then be on your merry way to meet with more people because you're asocial butterfly and that's what you do.
    Freudian slip?

But yeah, I agree with blaecaedre's comment. What you're describing doesn't sound like typical IEE behavior to me. You're emphasizing all the wrong things.
    Last edited by Park; 07-20-2022 at 05:33 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The theatricality you're referring to in in the merry quadras gives more the impression of wanting to stimulate Ti leads directly. That's different from what I was implying.
    And what were you implying exactly?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Freudian slip?

But yeah, I agree with blaecaedre's comment. What you're describing doesn't sound like typical IEE behavior to me. You're emphasizing all the wrong things.
    IEE easily makes contact with others and rapidly becomes the soul of the company. Is able to connect with spectators and students, and is ready to play with their attention.

Observing the IEE for a while it is easy to notice the most characteristic feature of his behavior - the ability to create around himself a close circle of friends, and be in center of their attention

And how do they become the center of attention?

They test their abilities in the moment, write verses, and are ingenious storytellers.

Many times they tell their stories and the originality lies in the way their anecdotes interweave with their apparel of emotions:

Eyes are mobile and expressive. They reflect well his internal emotional state and its relation to others. Their expression is very variable. Gaze frequently is scattered, but it becomes penetrating and deep when it is focused on the interlocutor. Usually benevolent, merry and even coquettish, under the effect of the emotions it can become strained and angry. The mimicry of face corresponds to IEE's emotional state. Emotions of IEE are very variable; therefore his mimicry is diverse - from infectious laughter to strong indignation, from ecstasy to quiet pensiveness

Contrast this to stone-faced SLI.

And what were you implying exactly?
    From outside vs. from inside.

IEE: people, situations, 'others' in jest (or rather: situations with others can be made to sound somewhat ridiculous), 'we' is serious. The SLI comes out unscathed.

EIE (for contrast): LSI is to be 'wounded' by the playfulness. E.g.:

EIE's jokes usually have mystifying and mystic black humor undernotes. ("Daniel, here's what I have done for you ... – are you scared?! - I've left you some food. If you don't eat it up, I will then... – scared?! – I will eat it myself! And only try to not drink the milk. I will feed it to the dogs!! – scared now?! No, not you - the milk of course!..")

Last edited by Rusal; 07-20-2022 at 06:16 AM.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rusal
    I'd venture that some of the elements of those descriptions of IEE aren't quite accurate; they do not fit with my experiences of Fi, at least. Of course, any Fi type can turn on Fe if the situation demands it, but it is not what they prefer, and is mainly done under some form of external stress.

>from infectious laughter to strong indignation, from ecstasy to quiet pensiveness
    This is Fe - not how IEE directly act often. They are active, open, ''merry'', loud, but the feelings are not played with so much, they do not act so much, they're mainly focused on being affable and kind. When they laugh - it's not so easy to explain, but it's not so forcefully infectious, there's no subconscious or conscious need to 'infect'. You are quite right, of course, in pointing out that Fe is in the 'background', so to speak, it is strong in all ethicists - so it is felt, but it is supressed, indirect, ignored, even disliked by the Fi type - it's an annoying and even painful tool to use (like when Fe types cannot openly express themselves because they have to consider the feelings of an individual there, they can do it skillfully, but they prefer to stimulate the emotional situation).

Of course, to talk about the experiences of types is word against word - there's no empirical evidence for type behavior. But if you think this underlined behaviour consistent with IEE and Fi, i'd suggest considering EIE, IEI for those people.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=blaecaedre;1523368]@Rusal I'd venture that some of the elements of those descriptions of IEE aren't quite accurate; they do not fit with my experiences of Fi, at least. Of course, any Fi type can turn on Fe if the situation demands it, but it is not what they prefer, and is mainly done under some form of external stress.[QUOTE=blaecaedre;1523368]

What I’m describing is observable externally, and it’s not Fe as a valued element (and I don’t think you are comparing Fe ego vs Fi ego correctly). But back to this, I said it’s observable because childlike IEE is going to:Try attracting partner’s interest with fun and interesting conversation and discussion, proposals, humor, ethical and mental exploration, and quirky statements.

Where and how do the ‘quirky statements’ and ‘humor’ appear in the IEE. Well typically if left to their own devices, they’ll just start speaking of something that’s been going on and that involves other people, not unoften threading a pensive and serious recount of the situation and then do a 180 on let out the quirkiness. It looks theatrical from outside because it’s part of the storytelling, but the background is Ne+Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by blaecaedre View Post
    i'd suggest considering EIE, IEI for those people.
    Unlikely. If SLI can stand Ne+Fi it is because it’s like a long reflection on relationships + quirkiness that is not a direct appeal to said SLI. EIEs mark a tempo with what they said, like the pulsating lights inside a nightclub that evolves and changes much more rapidly not focusing in neverending stories of ‘relationships’ and people but on the outside with highlights for the proper/improper of the situation and a feel of ‘where is society going with this, can you believe it, kids these days, now I’ll kill you’ as unstable as that sounds. The IEI suggestion is more preposterous as it’s not in the IEI nature to be a stroyteller and have 1,000 ‘friends’ that can used as fodder to sit down and analyze while stretching an anecdote for hours. They are reflective type that lack the relations and the inclination to analyze events and people in that manner using Ne+Fi power of insight. They just come out of their reflexive state to make a colorful association with some lightness and humor to it many times. If they are around their quadra they can get downright silly at times but that’s it.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@blaecaedre if you want to see what I'm getting at watch SNL clips from some years back. Kate McKinnon, Cecily Strong, Nasim Pedrad all IEE; so is Stephnie Weir in those old clips from Mad TV the best of the cast, there's a talent for improv there.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@blaecaedre if you want to see what I'm getting at watch SNL clips from some years back. Kate McKinnon, Cecily Strong, Nasim Pedrad all IEE; so is Stephnie Weir in those old clips from Mad TV the best of the cast, there's a talent for improv there.
    McKinnon is Fe valuing
    Cecily Strong feels more like an intuitive logical type
    Pedrad - I doubt she's IEE, most likely IEI (not totally excluding SEI, either)
    Weir is not IEE, maybe EIE

here's IEE, for comparison

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McKinnon is Fe valuing
    Cecily Strong feels more like an intuitive logical type
    Pedrad - I doubt she's IEE, most likely IEI (not totally excluding SEI, either)
    Weir is not IEE, maybe EIE
    We'll, you don't have much experience being an observer of SLI-IEE duality. And Fe an element that you seem to register much. For example, what makes you say Weir might be EIE rather than IEE?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll, you don't have much experience being an observer of SLI-IEE duality. And Fe an element that you seem to register much. For example, what makes you say Weir might be EIE rather than IEE?
    My impressions from VI - I felt Fe, extraversion, not any Si
    That you seem to often type Fe valuing types as IEE may explain why you think theatricality to be a significant part of their behaviour

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My impressions from VI - I felt Fe, extraversion, not any Si
    That you seem to often type Fe valuing types as IEE may explain why you think theatricality to be a significant part of their behaviour
    Look at this photo of her. An EIE would be hard-pressed to pose like this for a picture, it's simply not in their inclination to present child-like ‘quirky’ behavior, mainly because it's not within their usual palette of expressions as they seek to project more of an image of a serious person... and pouts, crazy eyes, hair-pulling, unhinged giggling that looks like a sudden regression to infancy, are not part of the victim-aggressor programming. To the point: when delta types do that childlike thing they do…well it is perceived as theatrics from the outside. I've witnessed it and I can tell you IEE does that very naturally and often and Weir is a very good example of the subtype I'm talking about down to the vibe and delta clothes, probably along with the other ladies I mentioned. Infantile is not Fe, please read what I wrote further up. An approximate male equivalent of Weir is Conan O'Brien and he has been discussed here and IEE/ILE were the main options for him, maybe that helps for comparison.

Infantile

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An EIE would be hard-pressed to pose like this for a picture, it's simply not in their inclination to present child-like ‘quirky’ behavior, mainly because it's not within their usual palette of expressions as they seek to project more of an image of a serious person... and pouts, crazy eyes, hair-pulling, unhinged giggling that looks like a sudden regression to infancy, are not part of the victim-aggressor programming
    I disagree. Histrionic personality disorder and related tendencies have nothing to do with being infantile or an IEE.

IEEs are sort of like grownup teddy bears who want to play, plus they care about people and relationships. When you mix these two attributes together, you get a person who likes to have fun, constantly generate ideas and explore possibilities, while creating bonds with and getting the best out of other people.

And sure, IEEs can be theatrical, but that tends to manifest more as goofiness and playfulness rather than the type of histrionics you're describing.

A theatrical IEE (by vocation):

Last edited by Park; 07-25-2022 at 05:23 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tricky. infantile is not always behaving like a child. in delta, its more like needing, better yet, appreciating guidance on how to do things. not even guidance, but attempts at streamlining, improving, participating in making the environment "better".

here are the property brothers, SLIs-IEEs, to help make your living space more incredible.

Oh and look, one of them dated (edit: formerly married, man my Fi is bad), Zoe Deschanel, IEE extraordinaire.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

basically, be "useless at something", but show a desire to be good at it, and then enjoy, or flirt, while being lightly patronized. this wins the heart of a SLI. The more they can help you, while patronizing you, the more they like you. Make sure you show your indignation at the treatment, while thinly covering your gratitude. This gets the SLI mend the "broken bird wing" complex, up and running. You are silly and they are wise and knowledgeable. The sooner you understand this, the sooner they will take you under their wing.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    basically, be "useless at something", but show a desire to be good at it, and then enjoy, or flirt, while being lightly patronized. this wins the heart of a SLI. The more they can help you, while patronizing you, the more they like you. Make sure you show your indignation at the treatment, while thinly covering your gratitude. This gets the SLI mend the "broken bird wing" complex, up and running. You are silly and they are wise and knowledgeable. The sooner you understand this, the sooner they will take you under their wing.
    Sounds more ILI.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLIs secretly want to do something silly

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bark like a dog in public, the person that turns their head the fastest is an SLI.

TIM
    SLI 9w8 sp/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, I want someone to bark with in public.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to make sure you both are on the same vibe and that's completely outside the Socionics scope. As I've grown older, I've become much more mature than before, and I'm no longer that playful, scattered and optimistic as I once was. I'm still a good person at heart, but I'm more cynical now. I can X-ray people from a mile away and cringe at their lame attempts to manipulate me. People does so more often than most of us think.

People from my own quadra can be quite shitty. STs in particular. LSEs at least are openly jerks; it's the SLIs the ones who are dangerous. They can be total selfish pricks and still go around wearing an innocent mask. I know quite a few that lie, sabotage other people, cheat on their spouses, steal stuff, and more. They are truly cold minded, so beware.

Just because someone is your dual it doesn't mean you should give them a free pass. So my best advice is: keep your eyes wide open when meeting someone. Observe the small things. If you see a red flag, trust your gut. We often see people for what they are, but are in denial of the negative stuff. You'll pay for your tolerance later on.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renna View Post
    SLIs secretly want to do something silly
    I never really hid this, though I see how it might appear like that to outside observers.

When I was a kid I used to have an idea of remodeling a car to drive backwards...

I imagined something like this: https://live.staticflickr.com/4384/3...8e477bee_b.jpg

or this (upside down): https://www.tuningblog.eu/wp-content...5801386850.jpg

Faced with a lack of skill and resources to accomplish something like that, I instead persuaded an older friend of mine to drive us in his car in reverse throughout our neighborhood.
    Last edited by Park; 01-15-2023 at 04:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard it explained that SLI can be like a ship adrift in the ocean. Their lives can grow monotonous, so they get stuck waiting for some opportunity to take advantage of and shake things up. Spike from Cowboy Bebop is a good example of the sort of inertial state SLIs can find themselves in. So the theory is, the IEE with their Ne is supposed to be the person to point out all of the potential and opportunity the SLI has around them. In reality, there is no cheat code to romance and these things are highly dependent on the people involved.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WVW View Post
    I heard it explained that SLI can be like a ship adrift in the ocean. Their lives can grow monotonous, so they get stuck waiting for some opportunity to take advantage of and shake things up. Spike from Cowboy Bebop is a good example of the sort of inertial state SLIs can find themselves in. So the theory is, the IEE with their Ne is supposed to be the person to point out all of the potential and opportunity the SLI has around them. In reality, there is no cheat code to romance and these things are highly dependent on the people involved.
    (My like button doesn't work so I have to do it this way.) *LIKE*
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WVW View Post
    I feel like I'm getting stuck in such a rut at this very point in time.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I'm getting stuck in such a rut at this very point in time.
    How so?

P. S. I'm glad to see you're still around.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ask them to go to Trader Joe’s with you and get them something they like to eat eat it together and talk about sex the whole time without having sex

You’ll be having sex soon after that

I’m their activity relationship I know how to connect with them
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123