Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    Ignoring. Never underestimate its ability to delegate information to other IEs. I need to investigate what Kant did. AFAIK he still lived quite comfortable life but also collected people to take part his "parties".
    Maybe LIE-N in Model G, LII in Model A. A Contrary mistype is when one mistakes their Ignoring/Control function for their Base.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    The more Eudemonia cries about his typing, the more I see him as an LSI. Can you say dogmatic? I've never seen someone hold so dear what they perceive themselves to be.

Just wanted to save this before you edit it.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Saying things that has no sense =/= generating ideas
    Having no Ni/Ne (intuition, pattern recognition blah blah) =/= something making no sense. Stop trying to clip my wings, wing clipper.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xelor View Post
    Maybe LIE-N in Model G, LII in Model A. A Contrary mistype is when one mistakes their Ignoring/Control function for their Base.
    Let's put it this way: When I as teaching chemistry I had a pretty good collection of pupils' pyromaniac tendencies.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's put it this way: When I as teaching chemistry I had a pretty good collection of pupils' pyromaniac tendencies.
    It would be pretty interesting to see Gulenko make an account here and interact with the local wild life. Chemistry? I'm a fan of Life Science myself.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It would be pretty interesting to see Gulenko make an account here and interact with the local wild life. Chemistry? I'm a fan of Life Science myself.
    One of my occupations after got that master's.. because I didn't resort to drug manufacturing. Dunno maybe kingpin lyfe has too much Se and Te.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaemonia View Post
    I've doubted his type before, but the things Alive so tactfully pointed out in the other thread he has shown little interest in interpersonal communication. Conversations that he has had on here are technical or socionics related and then he bounces when things veer too far away from that.
    If you check Miasma’s record it’s not difficult to find a proclivity for comments intended to cause of at least some kind of effect on the reader with their excess, injected in promptu in an otherwise more or less serious discussion; a trait more proper to EIE-C than ILE-C.* What you might be noticing as lacking is Normalizing style of ‘human’ interaction but Creative subtype might be behind what you perceive in his case: it’s not just that C subtype feels interactions like N but decides it’s not for him in the end. Extreme internal concentration blocks the outside (people including) to the extent that it becomes foreign. Miasma might’ve stayed away from some topics associated with interaction because he simply had nothing to offer, feeling greatly removed from them. It’s a paradox of some ethicals, similar to IEI-C: arguably the most charming subtype and the most severed from the way of the workings of established codes at the same time.

*I chose ILE-C to compare him to because Creative subtype is a kind of a given for him, IMO. ILE-C is described as somewhat lacking in outward social grace and, when they want to be funny, they might tell a joke. EIE- C’s manner of communication (their humor is more developed than in ILEs) shows a marked tendency to give their account a “shade of sensationalism or drama” and their jokes appear more often and suddenly. The following are some comments by him that took me some seconds to find and which are common in his case when he disrupts any given thread:

-Normie, because I'm toilet trained.

-Who has a giant cactus in his ass. Just kidding - I wanted to get in his mindset.

-somehow I see ILIs as cabin in the woods sort of peeps but cabin in the rain forest might be a better fit.

-Tell me your deepest thoughts about your dictator who has poisoned politicians in opposition, put protestors in a jail, probably conducted numerous false flag operations against the citizens, started…

-It is perplexing to listen. Big picture: you will die anyway, you will be forgotten, you gain…

-According to Strati ILE waits for public execution. I have certainly executed some ESIs publicly.

And there are many more. Probably one per every other thread at some point. I’m not arguing in favor of his EIE typing as truth carved in stone. But someone who has been around and has come across Miasma’s interventions knows they show slightly greater absurdity than average. Such imagery comes from a fantasizing nature in the production of situations and in humor as a consequence, and if ILE-Cs showed this tendency to the degree and rate Miasma does their profile would make mention of it as characteristic. They don't, but this same tendency is heavily highlighted as characteristic of EIE-Cs as it's the basis for their showmanship, whether they know it or not (even the choices he makes when he changes nicknames fit EIE-C's unpredictable humor better than ILE-C). Make of that what you will.

Last edited by Rusal; 04-28-2022 at 06:34 AM.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    Intuitive
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is a common mistake assuming that Gulenko types people according to Model A?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysm View Post
    Is a common mistake assuming that Gulenko types people according to Model A?
    People say Model G conflicts with Model A, but I see no contradiction. They are not different systems as suggested. Different socionists can have different opinions about how IE can represent themselves in terms of behavior. So G's opinions can clash with some for sure, I find G's takes more suitable to our times, but in terms of model alone, there is no contradiction, he just took something and turned into a different shape by adding other features like Reinen and Talanov. I also don't see them conflicting with the original model.

I explained it under this thread.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal;1513134[COLOR=#333333
    ]
    And there are many more. Probably one per every other thread at some point. I’m not arguing in favor of his EIE typing as truth carved in stone. But someone who has been around and has come across Miasma’s interventions knows they show slightly greater absurdity than average. Such imagery comes from a fantasizing nature in the production of situations and in humor as a consequence, and if ILE-Cs showed this tendency to the degree and rate Miasma does their profile would make mention of it as characteristic. They don't, but this same tendency is heavily highlighted as characteristic of EIE-Cs as it's the basis for their showmanship, whether they know it or not (even the choices he makes when he changes nicknames fit EIE-C's unpredictable humor better than ILE-C). Make of that what you will.
    [/COLOR]
    https://socioniks.net/en/article/?id=119
    Functional state E - ethics of emotions

Thinking proceeds as a dialogue with a real or imagined interlocutor.
    bolded part seems to describe my thought process.
    also this https://socioniks.net/en/article/?id=126 and this
    https://socioniks.net/en/article/?id=121
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    But what I’m pointing at is - out of all the ways to sort people why would we sort people this way, if we classify a certain person as EIE over ILE what would that imply when it comes to ITR? I wonder if G focuses on how people think while where the ITR doesn’t hold anymore because he’s bad at Fi (??) lmao.
    EIEs being bad at Fi is an expected thing since Fi is ignoring function. This is again not about solely G. I type one of my ex managers as EIE and she had no friends expect SEE manager. And they become friends through a common enemy another SEE before both become manager. Now everyone is working at separate places.

EIE manager was both liked and hated by majority. But she was very lonely so much that I think she made people overworked sometimes just so she can be with others. Sometimes she could ask if we want to do something, but she was unsure and shying away from asking without looking shy so it was one of her ways to ask this without asking at times like implying she is hungry etc, so maybe one of us would say yeah lets eat at this place.

I met with lots of different EIEs at workplaces, I don't think they all suck as much at Fi compared to her. But generally speaking they are bad at maintaining relationships (Si'ing Fi) basically. So eventhough people can come and go through their lives, they don't know or do much to keep people stay in. In comparison, IEIs and LSIs are generally have friends that they talk over the years regardless sharing the same environment.

What I meant to say is that this is not a thing that necessarily overrides ITR, but not every dual is going to get along or dualize with each other at the moment they laid eyes on each other.
    Last edited by myresearch; 04-28-2022 at 06:39 PM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What I said. Please do this. I don’t actually care if the typing is “sound” because after all I just see systems as malleable and if this is how G defines things then so be it. I just wanna know how this dualization based on Gulenko’s system manifests. Have you and @Sanguine Miasma tried to talk at length ever? How was it? Was there common understanding and how is it different from other interactions?

Side note maybe you guys are too Ti for me or idk but I really don’t care about this if the ITR and other implications don’t follow because it won’t mean anything at that point. I can type some characteristics of you or other people as well lol and label you guys some random thing, you know what I mean?

As for the descriptions it’s not like Miasma is wrong and the write up he got from G is most likely accurate about himself. On his video he does seem very smiley, he just looks like he’s internalizing what he was saying, as in reflecting on the typing he got. He likes joking here on the forum, he just says his stuff and leaves immediately for some reason. Expressions from video seem genuine and I remember some parts where he would look at the cam and smile in a non-calculated manner. Idk idk. The descriptions fit him. But what I’m pointing at is - out of all the ways to sort people why would we sort people this way, if we classify a certain person as EIE over ILE what would that imply when it comes to ITR? I wonder if G focuses on how people think while where the ITR doesn’t hold anymore because he’s bad at Fi (??) lmao. But anyway if that’s the case then the theory is more of a personal use then - that ok this is how a certain person process things. But with that we’ll have to revisit or discard other previous implications like ITR, or natural skills even. I think this is where the issues start because it’s not like Gulenko’s specifically wrong or people against him are wrong. You guys are both right but you’re referring to different things. After all it’s safe to say that G has his own system. He’s the one who made it and people asked to be typed based on that system and not on any other system even if those system and G’s system are also called “Socionics”.

I think people should consider their money’s worth not by the actual label but by the write up and its use to them. And basically just follow G’s book and his other materials. If you don’t like the system and don’t believe in it then it’s just not worth it. Better find a system that actually resonates with your understanding of the world (astrology eeek) or just make your own. PhD in Socionics means making your own system, other people’s system just lead to ideas but in the end but it’s still you who will have to figure everything out. Some people may have similar conclusions to G and some may not and that’s alright.

Now for people who actually believe in objective reality then give actual proofs of how this whole thing manifest then. As of now I don’t know if I’m right but Socionics is very underground even until now and not even accepted by people who care about proof irl lol. Overall we are all just seeing various parts of reality here. Some parts from your pov gets illuminated while on another’s pov other parts get more prominent.
    If we talk ITR around LSIs and myself: some are hell yeah, some are hell no but as Gman has put it: subtype makes a huge influence.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    EIEs being bad at Fi is an expected thing since Fi is ignoring function. This is again not about solely G. I type one of my ex managers as EIE and she had no friends expect SEE manager. And they become friends through a common enemy another SEE before both become manager. Now everyone is working at separate places.

EIE manager was both liked and hated by majority. But she was very lonely so much that I think she made people overworked sometimes just so she can be with others. Sometimes she could ask if we want to do something, but she was unsure and shying away from asking without looking shy so it was one of her ways to ask this without asking at times like implying she is hungry etc, so maybe one of us would say yeah lets eat at this place.

I met with lots of different EIEs at workplaces, I don't think they all suck as much. But generally speaking they are bad at maintaining relationships (Si'ing Fi) basically. So eventhough people can come and go through their lives, they don't know or do much to keep people stay in. In comparison, IEIs and LSIs are generally have friends that they talk over the years regardless sharing the same environment.

What I meant to say is that this is not a thing that necessarily overrides ITR, but not every dual is going to get along or dualize with each other at the moment they laid eyes on each other.
    Well, according to model G EIEs are closet ILIs (ILIs are closet LSEs, SEIs are closet EIEs and LSEs are closet SEIs). Go figure.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're all incompetent
    I joined the forum hoping I could get something useful out of it, but I was wrong. A lot of you have been here for a decade yet you can't get basic things right, which made me realise this forum is pretty much useless for anyone who's serious about Socionics. I didn't learn shit. If anything, reading terrible takes here has done me more harm than good and slowed my learning process. Cling to your delusions and keep happily mistyping each other if that's what you want. I don't care about your life stories either. To me and some others you'll always be the laughing stock of this community, along with places like PDB. You're not any better, even if you think so. I'll be reading and discussing Socionics somewhere else.

Goodbye, this has been a waste of time and I won't miss you!
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Side note maybe you guys are too Ti for me or idk but I really don’t care about this if the ITR and other implications don’t follow because it won’t mean anything at that point.
    They should follow. As described in Socionics. Gulenko's types are the same old types as in the rest of the sources.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suspiria View Post
    You're all incompetent
    I actually have just as many degrees in psychology as the doctor and his students do.

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So like is Gulenko still doing typings from his emergency bunker or what? I need to support him by getting a typing so I can virtue signal.
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mysteryofdungeon View Post
    So like is Gulenko still doing typings from his emergency bunker or what? I need to support him by getting a typing so I can virtue signal.
    Why not get typed by me instead? I have my own typology school. It's kind of just me and a storage unit that I use as an office in the ghetto part of town for consultations, but it works.

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not get typed by me instead? I have my own typology school. It's kind of just me and a storage unit that I use as an office in the ghetto part of town for consultations, but it works.
    Well, your avatar has the colors of the Ukrainian flag at least, and that description makes you sound more desperate than Gulenko… so it sounds good enough for me to use to virtue signal with. Deal.

get ready to get cucked

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Better to pay extra and get your closest ones typed as well.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, your avatar has the colors of the Ukrainian flag at least, and that description makes you sound more desperate than Gulenko… so it sounds good enough for me to use to virtue signal with. Deal.
    I think in Model G, LSI-C. So, you're a badass like Adam Jensen. That was free, I'm a philanthropist as well as a doctor.

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better to pay extra and get your closest ones typed as well.
    Good point, and I’d better hurry too, before his 5G connection cuts out.

get ready to get cucked

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think in Model G, LSI-C. So, you're a badass like Adam Jensen.
    And @Eudaemonia . Twinsies!

That was free, I'm a philanthropist as well as a doctor.
    I might have to ask you to refer me to a misanthropist in my case, but thanks anyways!

get ready to get cucked

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Xelor So if you’re a doctor, fill us in here on the impacts of Model G on human health please. This is the moment we have all been waiting for. Si PoLR LIE investors with pen and notepads at poise.

get ready to get cucked

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Xelor So if you’re a doctor, fill us in here on the impacts of Model G on human health please. This is the moment we have all been waiting for. Si PoLR LIE investors with pen and notepads at poise.
    It seems to create some kind of brain damage similar to the effects of indoctrination when used for long periods of time (like in the game Mass Effect). It's possible that advanced users of it are retarded in some way (myself included; side note/edit: the more they know about it, the more they act like a retard, and not in the fun way).

Upon intensive investigation, I basically found it to be a very advanced prototypical iteration of r/shittyMBTI but with a lot more nuance.
    Last edited by Ocean Man; 04-29-2022 at 08:44 PM.

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to create some kind of brain damage similar to the effects of indoctrination when used for long periods of time (like in the game Mass Effect). It's possible that advanced users of it are retarded in some way (myself included).

Upon intensive investigation, I basically found it to be a very advanced prototypical iteration of r/shittyMBTI but with a lot more nuance.
    Oh that sounds pretty bad! I liked Mass Effect though.

Sort of explains why there are so many people with previous experience in cults, information starvation, strict authoritarian cultures, and traumatizing events on here. The trauma bonding, fawn response and complacency is strong!

So is there any magic pill to save us all from permanent retardation? Things are getting bleak here.

get ready to get cucked

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh that sounds pretty bad! I liked Mass Effect though.

So is there any magic pill to save us all from permanent retardation? Things are getting bleak here.
    I don't know, hopefully I can invent one in the future.

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, hopefully I can invent one in the future.
    We’ll just have to live with being retarded for now, you’re saying then?

Pssh some doctor you are!

get ready to get cucked

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’ll just have to live with being retarded for now, you’re saying then?

Pssh some doctor you are!
    As a doctor, the best medical advice I can give you is to simply get typed in it by its creator and then never deal with it ever again.

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a doctor, the best medical advice I can give you is to simply get typed in it by its creator and then never deal with it ever again.
    If I were Gulenko I would only offer guaranteed typings to those who visit me in irl. You go into his bunker cave in the Ukraine and play rock paper scissors with him, and if you win, he types you as LSI and lets you leave. If you lose, he throws you into a dungeon with Putin, Lolita and other fire breathing demons on the other side, and allows you to rot in your demise.

get ready to get cucked

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suspiria View Post
    You're all incompetent
    I joined the forum hoping I could get something useful out of it, but I was wrong. A lot of you have been here for a decade yet you can't get basic things right, which made me realise this forum is pretty much useless for anyone who's serious about Socionics. I didn't learn shit. If anything, reading terrible takes here has done me more harm than good and slowed my learning process. Cling to your delusions and keep happily mistyping each other if that's what you want. I don't care about your life stories either. To me and some others you'll always be the laughing stock of this community, along with places like PDB. You're not any better, even if you think so. I'll be reading and discussing Socionics somewhere else.

Goodbye, this has been a waste of time and I won't miss you!
    Heretiiicccc!!!!

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were Gulenko I would only offer guaranteed typings to those who visit me in irl. You go into his bunker cave in the Ukraine and play rock paper scissors with him, and if you win, he types you as LSI and lets you leave. If you lose, he throws you into a dungeon with Putin, Lolita and other fire breathing demons on the other side, and allows you to rot in your demise.
    You should email him your suggestion, he's pretty open-minded; I think it's possible that the people (a lot of them are under 25 from my observations, so they're barely human let alone self-aware) that orbit him simply ruin it for everybody else.

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should email him your suggestion, he's pretty open-minded; I think it's possible that the people (a lot of them are under 25 from my observations, so they're barely human let alone self-aware) that orbit him simply ruin it for everybody else.
    Orbiting daddy's spring maypole

get ready to get cucked

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orbiting daddy's spring maypole
    Maybe a circle jerk if we're getting spherical.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diametric View Post
    It then becomes a metaphorical form of cock and ball torture... Full circle ftw.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Iconoclast View Post
    Not very active here, but whatever. I was typed as ILI - harmonizing-normalizing with an accentuation on the E (Fe) function. I thought I was EIE or IEI for quite a while, and this is explained by the relationship between the accentuated function and perhaps DA cognition. The whole analysis made total sense. Every contradiction was removed, and the once somewhat fuzzy picture began to show clarity and consistency of pattern.
    Can you share the last part of your report DCHN, accentuation section?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can we have a space for these Gulenko duals? Hopefully we can see some nice interaction for observation purposes. I'm asking because I haven't seen that very much between supposed duals. Do you guys bore each other? Is the information very easy to understand when it comes from your duals? I'm not talking about theory but more about your experiences.
    This is an interesting line of conversation. Could you be a little more specific? I have limited interaction with Lolita but I've read a lot of her posts and seen videos of her. Definitely not boring. And definitely easy to understand.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just want to tell everyone my new typology service is open. I accept Steam gift cards and BTC. 10$ a pop, I'll even dox and stalk people for you for an additional 5$.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alex got typed by Gulenko. EIE.

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal
    Alex got typed by Gulenko. EIE.

Extroverted Ethics is definitely on display, no question. Less grounded/in the moment than what (I imagine) something like an ESE would be. EIE, from what I’ve heard, can often mistype as IEI because they typically do enjoy a lot of introverted activities (reading books, etc.). Both types apparently can be quite focused on intellectual pursuits in another sense.

Anyway, seems like a pretty cool guy.