Thread: The Ukraine Question

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asterr View Post
    Tbh, I’m a bit confused by your statement here, but it does allow me to bring up another question I had about all of this.

if someone nuked me during a war, I wouldn’t exactly consider it illegal. Maybe illegal under the terms of the current government I am living under. I mean, what are these international laws of war?? War crimes?? War criminal. It seems like anything would go in a war. Dirty tactics. What’s stopping them from doing that and who made this stuff up. Idk. I need to google it.

you might all consider me awful, but I’m generally curious about this. Is there laws in war? I’ve never given much thought to it. Who makes the rules, who enforcers them? Is that just NATO, and is that such a good idea?
    @asterr, there are lots of rules in war. Just look up the Geneva Convention.

Basically, war is an extension of diplomacy and when people stop talking, they start hitting. Most modern wars are not wars of extinction, as they used to be, so the winners will have to deal with the losers when the war is over. If the two sides treat each other too badly, then there will be people who are traumatized on both sides (even more than usual) and most governments don't want to deal with the problems that these people present, so they make laws that say that you can't behave too badly during wars.

Do countries follow these laws? Some try to, especially if they aren't, as I said, trying to kill all of their opponents. However, there are incidents and accidents, and those are generally overlooked. However, if the loser were behaving very badly, the existence of these rules means that the winners can prosecute the people that they claim violated these rules.
    It's like an extra incentive to return to talks.

In practice, though, the law cannot reach where enforcement will not follow, so you have a lot of guys walking around free who have not been prosecuted for their crimes.

Make of that what you will.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 03-02-2022 at 04:02 PM.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @asterr, there are lots of rules in war. Just look up the Geneva Convention.

Basically, war is an extension of diplomacy and when people stop talking, they start hitting. Most modern wars are not wars of extinction, as they used to be, so the winners will have to deal with the losers when the war is over. If the two sides treat each other too badly, then there will be people who are traumatized on both sides (even more than usual) and most governments don't want to deal with the problems that these people present, so they make laws that say that you can't behave too badly during wars.

Do countries follow these laws? Some try to, especially if they aren't, as I said, trying to kill all of their opponents. However, there are incidents and accidents, and those are generally overlooked. However, if the loser were behaving very badly, the existence of these rules means that the winners can prosecute the people that they claim violated these rules.
    It's like an extra incentive to return to talks.

In practice, though, the law cannot reach where enforcement will not follow.

Make of that what you will.
    thanks, Adam lol

I just find it all pretty interesting, really. I don’t want to just mimic what I’m hearing. I’d rather understand what’s happening, and not just from one bias side. I’m not really on anyone’s side, just want to try to keep my family safe and be prepared, I guess. No one or nothing is all good or bad I guess. Shit happens; but I’d like to know exactly what I’m getting into here.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. So when the USSR became Russia in 1991, Russia was USSR’s succession to their place in the UN

but I’m wondering if they had much of a choice. Wouldn’t it look bad not wanting to be part of the UN when you are trying to stand on your own two feet. Also, the legality of the transition has been called into question, so I read.

tbh, this is all very confusing. I’m refreshing about the history of Russia and the UN right now, it’s been a while.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.his...e-soviet-union
    https://www.history.com/topics/cold-...f-soviet-union
    Even then, I’m sure there are a ton of things going on behind the scenes.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. So when the USSR became Russia in 1991, Russia was USSR’s succession to their place in the UN

but I’m wondering if they had much of a choice. Wouldn’t it look bad not wanting to be part of the UN when you are trying to stand on your own two feet. Also, the legality of the transition has been called into question, so I read.

tbh, this is all very confusing. I’m refreshing about the history of Russia and the UN right now, it’s been a while.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.his...e-soviet-union
    Even then, I’m sure there are a ton of things going on behind the scenes.
    You do know that being part of the UN means at least one member considers your government legitimate, right? It's a privilege.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, that’s what I thought, if I’ve got it right. Those are rules the UN made. So Russia commited a crime under the UN while being a part of it. It seems to me they should have separated or left first before doing these things. So NATO essentially is like the world police, and they just made a move against them. I don’t know how I feel about that. But it seems inevitable a nation would do something like that-scary now it’s one as big and hot headed as Russia. This could cause a mess.
    The UN represents another mean of resolving conflict that doesn’t involve force, every nation is part of it, especially if they want to be recognized as sovereign. Even North Korea is included and they get to speak their piece. Leaving the UN will make Russia free for all. Sure they can do what they want but so does the rest of the world. That is basically why the world is not collectively bombing them right now. You could say countries like Russia rely on the UN loophole to do as they please and expect no retaliation. Of course the more you cross that bridge and make use of peoples’ good will the more likely you will change their hearts, see for example several European countries changing their policies recently to support Ukraine militarily, when they have been opposed to it for decades. Germany is planning to boost their annual military spending substantially as well.

This is not a case of right or wrong, it’s a step back for the world towards barbaric periods where diplomacy was not an option. And Russia is the sole reason for that. No one else has used force offensively in this conflict. But this could change any time. Sure no one wants a Third World War but it doesn’t mean countries will avoid it forever to please Russia.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    You could say countries like Russia rely on the UN loophole to do as they please and expect no retaliation. Of course the more you cross that bridge and make use of peoples’ good will the more likely you will change their hearts, see for example several European countries changing their policies recently to support Ukraine militarily, when they have been opposed to it for decades. Germany is planning to boost their annual military spending substantially as well.
    Yes, this is exactly what I was wondering. If maybe they weren’t ‘using the UN’ all this time.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An acquaintance / colleague of mine is from Russia and living in Ukraine, in Kharkiv. He and others from his work / community have gone silent over the last week, and yesterday someone outside of Ukraine finally heard back from him. He said he is focusing on survival. When asked how or if we could help, he said the "best help is to spread the understanding that Russia is fighting civilians."

He is not an elite, not a news person, not anyone rich or influential other than what he has contributed to the tech community.

While that is my main direct personal connection to what is going on, I am friends with people who have friends and family in Ukraine. They are sharing of the fear and hardship that those living there are experiencing (personal accounts), and I have seen no indication that any of them want any of this "liberating." There is a strong wish for peace, but the opinion I've gathered is that this is far from the way to achieve it. There is fear and an increasing amount of loathing directed toward Russia (though it seems there already is a good amount stemming from what has been happening from 2014 onward).

I, like many here, am suspicious of any blanket "us good / them bad" narratives; it's too convenient. And standard news sources tend to exaggeration and hyperbole even in mundane matters. So I've been looking for more (hopefully) reliable "man on the ground" sources. Also, anyone outside who isn't too "rah-rah" one way or the other.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CNN viewership is down 90% in 2021 alone, and God says they will soon be lights out forever. Some Fox News heads will soon be exposed and tried as traitors. MSNBC and NBC be bankrupt soon and their cooperating lying reporters will never report anything again.

Why believe what the liars are saying? Why not consider there is something ELSE to it? The major networks are publishing pictures from OTHER wars saying it is the Ukraine! The photo of the first news journalist killed in this Ukraine war is the photo of a reporter killed in the Afganistqan war!

That helps me see why God said this week, after assuring us that the people of Ukraine would be okay, that when our troops get there, it will "look like" a war zone. I knew God had a reason for using the words, "look like".

God said this war is not what we are being told it is. In a prophetic word last week He basically gave Putin the go-ahead -- because there IS something ELSE going on there - and I have heard in plenty of other places that Ukraine is/has been used as a world center for human trafficking -- but at the same time God warned that Putin knows he can only go so far, and that Putin knows how far that is. Another prophet said today that Putin will go too far - and that God will send plagues - not to Russia, but to Putin. ONLY Putin.

God has said VERY clearly that He will protect the Ukranian people. He also said this will NOT turn into WWIII, even though that is what they want. The warmongers WILL lose.

God has wonderful plans for Ukraine. He will pour His Glory out on Ukraine and they will have a GREAT revival sweep across their land. They will have joy, peace and prosperity! Ukraine will be great, propsperous, free nation until the end of time!

This newscast must have more truth:

[Comedian JP]: Ukraine and Russia: What the Media Wants You To Think!

https://rumble.com/vw8q9n-ukraine-an...-to-think.html
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before the Iraq war, general Shinseki estimated that the US would need 1 soldier for every 50 civilians to maintain the occupation. It was based on his experience as a commander in Bosnia. He had been ignored by Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz but has since been vindicated (https://www.cnn.com/2013/03/20/opini...raq/index.html). The article says that the occupation needed 300,000 soldiers (a lot more than were sent), but I think that the actual number should be closer to 500,000 (Iraq's population was around 25 million in 2003).

The population of Ukraine is even bigger, at around 44 million, which means that Russia would need around 880,000 troops to maintain the peace. The size of Russia's deployment to Ukraine is 150 - 200,000 troops (according to Al Jazeera). To match Shinseki's ratio, it would need to deploy nearly its entire army of 900,000 personnel or call in its reserves.

200,000 troops covers 10 million people. Even if Ukraine's official population figures may be overstated (lots of young people leave in search of work, for one thing), I don't get the impression that it's as small as 10 million.

Russian - Ukrainian proximity and historical ties may change that ratio, though. Who knows.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Russian - Ukrainian proximity and historical ties may change that ratio, though. Who knows.
    At this point, history is working against the Russians here. Their soldiers feel like they're putting down their brothers and the Ukrainians are galvanized because of the amount of shit they've had to deal with for the last 8 years. An ineffective occupying force and a civilian population ready to spend the rest of their days throwing molotovs more or less makes occupation impossible.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Well, without air support for the Ukrainians this war is essentially already decided. The Ukranian military could likely turn this around with air support and contested air superiority. However, as of right now Russia is well on its way to achieving full-spectrum air superiority. Once you have that it's basically only a matter of time. Bonus: Ukraine is mostly flat farmland. It's a breadbasket. Not many Jungles, dense forests, or caverns to hide out in like in Vietnam or Afghanistan. Thus, air superiority is an even bigger advantage than it usually is as there ain't much in the way of concealment or cover.

The only way to realistically change that is for the NATO countries to sortie their air forces and send them into Ukraine. This would be a significant escalation as that would mean a de facto declaration of war against Russia by any country in the area that sent in their jets and where one NATO country goes in this situation so too go the rest. The big problem with all that is both sides have access to "the button" if ya catch my drift. If open war gets declared between Russia and NATO someone's gonna push that button the instant they start to lose...

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just describing the optimistic scenario. I'm aware of the alternative, very real, possibility that a weakened Russia could fracture.
    If Russia is still a united country, Russia could always benefit from the collision between the West and China. Similarly, China could also benefit from the collision between the West and Russia. Since Russia is much weaker in economics currently, the West has to try to collapse Russia for the second time in order to facilitate full competition with China.

Ukraine's westward shift is now more-or-less politically irreversible.
    China is the biggest trading partner of Ukraine. The economy of the western part of Ukraine is not complementary to Russia but it's very complementary to China. So Russia is able to integrate the economy of the western Ukraine with the help of China. However, the Russia government is always trying to seek cooperation with the EU. This is why Ukraine is keeping its westward shift.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Posted by an acquaintance of mine, who lived in Kharkiv. The translation may be a bit wonky. I'm posting this on here because hopefully, this girl will help me get a point across that many of the disconnected westshits living an ocean or a continent away saying "just let Ukraine fall" do not seem to comprehend:

'Well, dear "brothers"? How do you sleep? Today I slept on the floor in the corridor, because it is the safest place in the apartment, in case of a shell hit. And all last night, because of the threat of an air raid, my friends, at whose house I am staying for the fifth day, and I were running from home to the bomb shelter with our bags. Thanks to our aviation, which repelled the strike. My Kharkiv, where I was born and grew up, is in its fifth day of fever from your "Grads. I know the city well, I will not be fooled by tales that these are our guys. People in Kharkiv have learned to tell by the sound who's firing, you can't fool us.

'Kiev, Mariupol, and Chernivtsi also suffer from shelling. I was in all these beautiful cities in Ukraine, in which we put our soul, forces and money, because we love our country and want to live well. Now you have come to destroy it. I say "you" because in any civilized country the people are the guarantor of government actions. When we disagreed with the authorities, we went to the Maidan in 2014, sparing no life. More than a hundred Ukrainians gave their lives for the freedom of our country. Your media is slinging mud and calling them Bandera [nazis]. Why? So that you don't take their example. And you don't. You keep quiet. Thank you to those who are not silent, but for now, unfortunately, this is not enough.

Other cities are suffering as well. Civilians are dying. Your soldiers are shooting at residential houses. We are not like you, we will not watch our children being killed, we resist and will resist until our last breath.

I wonder who you came to save? Who are you protecting us from? You are shelling Kharkiv, Chuguev, Izyum. There are many Russian-speaking Ukrainians in these cities. I myself grew up in Kharkov, in a Russian-speaking family, at school I learned both Ukrainian and Russian, I speak both languages well. All my life I spoke Russian, and I was not oppressed in any city of Ukraine, neither in Kiev, nor in Chernovtsy. At school we studied the Russian classics. I had a lot of friends from Russia. Even after 8 years of war in Donbas I tried to separate people and politics. But on 24.02.2022 everything came to an end.
    With your silent consent, Russian soldiers came to destroy my home. Instead of getting ready for the premiere of the play, which was supposed to take place on February 25, I spent the whole day on the phone with my parents. My mother came under fire. Your shelling. By your rockets. From your grads. A shell hit a house on the next street. A child died in Chuguev.

Who of us is a Nazi? Who kills Ukrainians for being Ukrainians? Who destroys infrastructure and museums?

You know nothing about us but lies. We chose our own government. Even the corrupt rats from the pro-Russian opposition who ran away and abandoned their few voters. I voted for Zelensky. Most of the young people voted for him. There is room for freedom of choice in our country. You don't understand that.

I will never forgive you for that. We will never forgive you that. We don't want anything more from you. Those who come to our land with war will know death. Come out to rally for yourselves and for your soldiers who are dying here as cannon fodder.

Russian warship, go fuck yourself!'
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suspiria View Post
    Posted by an acquaintance of mine, who lived in Kharkiv. The translation may be a bit wonky. I'm posting this on here because hopefully, this girl will help me get a point across that many of the disconnected westshits living an ocean or a continent away saying "just let Ukraine fall" do not seem to comprehend:

'Well, dear "brothers"? How do you sleep? Today I slept on the floor in the corridor, because it is the safest place in the apartment, in case of a shell hit. And all last night, because of the threat of an air raid, my friends, at whose house I am staying for the fifth day, and I were running from home to the bomb shelter with our bags. Thanks to our aviation, which repelled the strike. My Kharkiv, where I was born and grew up, is in its fifth day of fever from your "Grads. I know the city well, I will not be fooled by tales that these are our guys. People in Kharkiv have learned to tell by the sound who's firing, you can't fool us.

'Kiev, Mariupol, and Chernivtsi also suffer from shelling. I was in all these beautiful cities in Ukraine, in which we put our soul, forces and money, because we love our country and want to live well. Now you have come to destroy it. I say "you" because in any civilized country the people are the guarantor of government actions. When we disagreed with the authorities, we went to the Maidan in 2014, sparing no life. More than a hundred Ukrainians gave their lives for the freedom of our country. Your media is slinging mud and calling them Bandera [nazis]. Why? So that you don't take their example. And you don't. You keep quiet. Thank you to those who are not silent, but for now, unfortunately, this is not enough.

Other cities are suffering as well. Civilians are dying. Your soldiers are shooting at residential houses. We are not like you, we will not watch our children being killed, we resist and will resist until our last breath.

I wonder who you came to save? Who are you protecting us from? You are shelling Kharkiv, Chuguev, Izyum. There are many Russian-speaking Ukrainians in these cities. I myself grew up in Kharkov, in a Russian-speaking family, at school I learned both Ukrainian and Russian, I speak both languages well. All my life I spoke Russian, and I was not oppressed in any city of Ukraine, neither in Kiev, nor in Chernovtsy. At school we studied the Russian classics. I had a lot of friends from Russia. Even after 8 years of war in Donbas I tried to separate people and politics. But on 24.02.2022 everything came to an end.
    With your silent consent, Russian soldiers came to destroy my home. Instead of getting ready for the premiere of the play, which was supposed to take place on February 25, I spent the whole day on the phone with my parents. My mother came under fire. Your shelling. By your rockets. From your grads. A shell hit a house on the next street. A child died in Chuguev.

Who of us is a Nazi? Who kills Ukrainians for being Ukrainians? Who destroys infrastructure and museums?

You know nothing about us but lies. We chose our own government. Even the corrupt rats from the pro-Russian opposition who ran away and abandoned their few voters. I voted for Zelensky. Most of the young people voted for him. There is room for freedom of choice in our country. You don't understand that.

I will never forgive you for that. We will never forgive you that. We don't want anything more from you. Those who come to our land with war will know death. Come out to rally for yourselves and for your soldiers who are dying here as cannon fodder.

Russian warship, go fuck yourself!'
    So sad. People are suffering, so let's abandon any form of critical thinking, that hurts poor little children.

Anything aside "Ukraine's goverment is Nazi" it's one of the stupidest propaganda campaigns they could have come up with. This war is about nukes and oil reserve currencies not about russia liberating people from fascism.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Continuation of the previous post, written by the same acquaintance. This was posted in a conversation with war apologists.

'But if this situation is not resolved, we will all be equally fucked. Ukraine will stand to the last man. The people are not fighting for power, not for the EU, but for freedom from the regime. Grads scare us, kill us, but the whole country has one goal, we don't have people who would like to live in Russia, those who wanted to live there are already there. If you are afraid of a war, a war has already begun. I'm not going to agitate you to go to rallies, or to drag Navalny out of jail. It's your choice and you have to live with it. But if your grandfather fucking nukes the world, there will be nothing left of the world, and no one wants that. No one wants Russian peace in Ukraine, we just want to choose our own government and live freely. The question of NATO in Ukraine has always been a contentious one, and we needed NATO just to avoid what is happening now, because we don't have nuclear weapons and it's probably impossible to contain such an aggressive neighbor otherwise. My life is ruined. I have no contact with my relatives, I no longer have a hometown, I am left in ruins. I can't take my parents away, because they don't want to leave home and go away. And they will reach my town, too. We'll end up killing each other. But we don't need yours. I've been vacationing in Mariupol for three years in a row, I have two very close friends from there. My family friend is from there. My acting master is from Gorlovka, and I also have friends from Selidovo. We have a lot of refugees from Donetsk and Luhansk in our city, I won't list all the acquaintances who lived through it and now are living through it again. We don't want to live in Russia, we chose our own president, and we want to deal with it ourselves. Sooner or later we'll just kill each other, it'll get us nowhere, we're fighting for our homes and our families, for our freedom and our right to choose, and we're not giving up ours. We will not tolerate the mockery of our culture and language. This is our country. Even if you kill Zelensky, nothing will change, we are not fighting for his interests and he represents ours. The country is not houses and institutions, the country is people. And there is nothing scarier than people who have nothing to lose.'
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    The only way to realistically change that is for the NATO countries to sortie their air forces and send them into Ukraine. This would be a significant escalation as that would mean a de facto declaration of war against Russia by any country in the area that sent in their jets and where one NATO country goes in this situation so too go the rest. The big problem with all that is both sides have access to "the button" if ya catch my drift. If open war gets declared between Russia and NATO someone's gonna push that button the instant they start to lose...
    Ideally, NATO would straight up occupy the non-occupied parts of Ukraine (they're already helping Ukraine by shipping weapons). But, yeah, nuclear weapons change everything, even if it is probably a bluff by Mr. Putin.

Ukraine should never have given up its nuclear weapons. No one is going to give up their nuclear weapons now. Even Japan is looking at getting some.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason;[URL="tel:1505524"
    1505524[/URL]]CNN viewership is down 90% in 2021 alone, and God says they will soon be lights out forever. Some Fox News heads will soon be exposed and tried as traitors. MSNBC and NBC be bankrupt soon and their cooperating lying reporters will never report anything again.

Why believe what the liars are saying? Why not consider there is something ELSE to it? The major networks are publishing pictures from OTHER wars saying it is the Ukraine! The photo of the first news journalist killed in this Ukraine war is the photo of a reporter killed in the Afganistqan war!

That helps me see why God said this week, after assuring us that the people of Ukraine would be okay, that when our troops get there, it will "look like" a war zone. I knew God had a reason for using the words, "look like".

God said this war is not what we are being told it is. In a prophetic word last week He basically gave Putin the go-ahead -- because there IS something ELSE going on there - and I have heard in plenty of other places that Ukraine is/has been used as a world center for human trafficking -- but at the same time God warned that Putin knows he can only go so far, and that Putin knows how far that is. Another prophet said today that Putin will go too far - and that God will send plagues - not to Russia, but to Putin. ONLY Putin.

God has said VERY clearly that He will protect the Ukranian people. He also said this will NOT turn into WWIII, even though that is what they want. The warmongers WILL lose.

God has wonderful plans for Ukraine. He will pour His Glory out on Ukraine and they will have a GREAT revival sweep across their land. They will have joy, peace and prosperity! Ukraine will be great, propsperous, free nation until the end of time!

Get a grip and listen less to insane religious ramblings, the invasion is real and Trump’s buddy Putin is just as much a scumbag.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CR400AF View Post
    If Russia is still a united country, Russia could always benefit from the collision between the West and China. Similarly, China could also benefit from the collision between the West and Russia. Since Russia is much weaker in economics currently, the West has to try to collapse Russia for the second time in order to facilitate full competition with China.

China is the biggest trading partner of Ukraine. The economy of the western part of Ukraine is not complementary to Russia but it's very complementary to China. So Russia is able to integrate the economy of the western Ukraine with the help of China. However, the Russia government is always trying to seek cooperation with the EU. This is why Ukraine is keeping its westward shift.
    The collision between China and US probably won't happen, both China and the US are largely reactive, wars of aggression against a similar sized power is to be avoided. The competition will be fierce but unless a madman takes charge in either US or China, it will be a kind of aggressive competition. China will likely due to the current events take a more patient approach, they don't need to do anything now when in 20-30 years, their technology, economics and all factors will be better than the west. The future projects for China do not make it aggressive as it sees many gains without the need for desperation. Russia's move was a desperate maneuver of a insecure power, not that of a strong growing economy.

The west however is insecure and it's possible something will be acted on in the west by someone who follows Trump, but such an act will get little support and even less success.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The population of Ukraine is even bigger, at around 44 million, which means that Russia would need around 880,000 troops to maintain the peace.
    Numbers change if you partition it.

'Denazification' of Ukraine is a war of annihilation of a country. They're not even hiding it anymore. And I can't believe it's the best thing they could come up with since 2014. Tells you a lot about their citizen's sense of situational awareness and general sense of 'fairness'.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Numbers change if you partition it.
    I don't think that we can be sure of his game plan at this point, but ~9.5 million people is indeed the estimated population in Donestk + Kharkiv + Luhansk (as of 2012, according to Wikipedia). If that's all he wants, then one may suppose that Shinseki would approve of those troop numbers.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Before the Iraq war, general Shinseki estimated that the US would need 1 soldier for every 50 civilians to maintain the occupation. It was based on his experience as a commander in Bosnia. He had been ignored by Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz but has since been vindicated (https://www.cnn.com/2013/03/20/opini...raq/index.html). The article says that the occupation needed 300,000 soldiers (a lot more than were sent), but I think that the actual number should be closer to 500,000 (Iraq's population was around 25 million in 2003).

The population of Ukraine is even bigger, at around 44 million, which means that Russia would need around 880,000 troops to maintain the peace. The size of Russia's deployment to Ukraine is 150 - 200,000 troops (according to Al Jazeera). To match Shinseki's ratio, it would need to deploy nearly its entire army of 900,000 personnel or call in its reserves.

200,000 troops covers 10 million people. Even if Ukraine's official population figures may be overstated (lots of young people leave in search of work, for one thing), I don't get the impression that it's as small as 10 million.

Ukraine said it's killed 9k russians and that it has 100k defense force, so manpower-wise this equation is going to be much uglier for Russia. As long as Ukrainians get arms, it will take far more people to hold more than the east and south of Ukraine. If Putin doesn't take Kyiv, I think the Russians will hold the east and the south. I do think the Ukrainians will fight to the end in Odessa and not retreat from it like Kherson. From some of the image we saw of the plans, which might not be real, there are plans to attack Moldova too. If this is true, Russia will want a strip of southern ukraine to landlock ukraine and provide a bridge into moldova. And Georgia is likely to eventually get attacked as well.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    CNN viewership is down 90% in 2021 alone, and God says they will soon be lights out forever. Some Fox News heads will soon be exposed and tried as traitors. MSNBC and NBC be bankrupt soon and their cooperating lying reporters will never report anything again.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4927579/

There was this fascinating article I was reading yesterday about autism, schizophrenia, and intelligence. Basically, autism is associated with genes also associated with high intelligence, and schizophrenia associated with genes also associated with low intelligence. Things like accounting for biases and being "tuned in" to reality are also more associated with autism/autistic like thinking, while schizophrenia is defined by it's blatant disregard for reality, along with general dullness when it comes to sensing the outside world.

That being said, Eliza I want to ask you in the most genuine and honest way I can.

Please get tested for schizophrenia. We'd love to know the results

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Baqer, you quoted me: "CNN viewership is down 90% in 2021 alone, and God says they will soon be lights out forever...." "

So, did research that? Or are you afraid to hear anything bad about those you trust in? I imagine you trust Google, so, Google it.

You will soon see an explosion of exposures of truth about those you trust. Liars and traitors in numbers never imagined.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Baqer, you quoted me: "CNN viewership is down 90% in 2021 alone, and God says they will soon be lights out forever...." "

So, did research that? Or are you afraid to hear anything bad about those you trust in? I imagine you trust Google, so, Google it.

You will soon see an explosion of exposures of truth about those you trust. Liars and traitors in numbers never imagined.
    Sure, CNN viewership is down 90%. I'll believe. Can you please source your claim that god himself said that they're going to be shutting down soon?

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Sure, CNN viewership is down 90%. I'll believe. Can you please source your claim that God Himself said that they're going to be shutting down soon?
    God spoke this through prophets in September - when the was nothinng to give evidence that something so big and established as CNN could be lights out in a short order. Now, hearing in January 2022 that that this lying, false network is down 90% in 2021 alone, it is not so surprising to imagine they will soon be lights out, forever. But God said so again, in a prophecy to Julie Green recently. Prophets have said that they ahve observed tghat when God says somethign will happen for a second time, that means it will happen very son. Julie Green's ministry lauches a new website Sunday, where all these videos will be archived and organaized, labelde and manuscriped, with which ones were said when, and when/how the fulfilled ones were fulfilled. So after that is up it will be easier for you to find it there.

Or, you can just wait for it to happen, because it will. When CNN goes lights-out, watch, because then the liars at MSNBC and NBS will be nexty to fall. They will go bankrut. Soon many other well known news reporters will fall, resign, and/or be exposed for what they have done. Including heads of FOX New, soon. Everywhere there are those who have knowingly and for bribery and wealth cooperated with perpetuating lies to the American people, but some have cooperated innocently. God knows. [For some reason, CNN is always prophesized with the words, "Lights out, forever".]

I am not saying these things expecting you to believe them, but because I know they will be happening soon, and when they happen, you can know that God is doing what He said: making our nation and our world greater and better than ever. I especially want to share it because the evil deep state is losign it's power aned they know they are fallign soon so they are goign to make thigns as difficult as they can for us, but God says everythign they try to do against us, including market falls, will coem to nothing. God is rectifying, and that is what we will see. He has named many names recently, including those who will die. [for each He says, I gave you time to repent, and you refused]. At least two traitors will fall on live TV, never to get up again, on live TV. Chuck Shummer is one. God says we have not known in how many ways we have been enslaved and stolen from, but we will find out this year, and our prosperity will be returned to us. Your future is going to be fantastic!

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eliza Thomason is what happens when an IEI gets so deep into Ni that pretty much any real world data gets ignored and prophecies are believed to be true. these are the kinds of religious zealots that think the world will end at a specific date or that a "vision" of god told them to do something.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably, instead, Putin is SAVING Ukraine from the nefarious and very evil use of their country by the worldwide evil deep state. The media is trying to make it look like something else is going to happen, because they want war, as they need money and want death, so they are telling FAKE STORIES with FAKE PICTURES, explained below. Whatever the real truth is on that, God says that the truth about what is happenign there will soon be fully exposed.
    Putin is not saving Ukraine. My sources of information are mostly Reuters, The Hill, Channel News Asia, MyNorthwest, and NHK. If you don't trust those, then fair enough. I also think the MSM is lame and overly sanitized so I have been following uncensored, live, on the ground documentation by the Instagram channels donbas.frontliner, rawwar.exe (invite only), ukraineleaks, and herbheyati. I also follow rawwar.exe's Telegram channel, War.exe. I've seen plenty of the actual death and fighting. If you don't believe Putin is causing untold suffering and don't trust the MSM then go check out those channels. You'll see plenty of people crying over swollen corpses. If you still believe that all that hell is justified, then fine, but you can't go on believing Putin isn't directly causing mass suffering
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideally, NATO would straight up occupy the non-occupied parts of Ukraine (they're already helping Ukraine by shipping weapons). But, yeah, nuclear weapons change everything, even if it is probably a bluff by Mr. Putin.

Ukraine should never have given up its nuclear weapons. No one is going to give up their nuclear weapons now. Even Japan is looking at getting some.
    Ironically, nukes seem to be one of the best guarantors of peace. As long as no one is dumb/crazy enough to use them they seem to be a net positive. They even the playing field enough for an otherwise weak country to seriously threaten potential bullies such that they can negotiate as equals
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    Putin is not saving Ukraine. My sources of information are mostly Reuters, The Hill, Channel News Asia, MyNorthwest, and NHK. If you don't trust those, then fair enough. I also think the MSM is lame and overly sanitized so I have been following uncensored, live, on the ground documentation by the Instagram channels donbas.frontliner, rawwar.exe (invite only), ukraineleaks, and herbheyati. I also follow rawwar.exe's Telegram channel, War.exe. I've seen plenty of the actual death and fighting. If you don't believe Putin is causing untold suffering and don't trust the MSM then go check out those channels. You'll see plenty of people crying over swollen corpses. If you still believe that all that hell is justified, then fine, but you can't go on believing Putin isn't directly causing mass suffering
    I don't know what is happening,. I only know that God says what is hapenign there is not what we think it is and THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT. Something other than what we are beign told is being accomplished there. God says He will protect teh Ukranian people. I know the MSM has posted fake pictures of war horrors. I know that God has said He does not want Putin to overstep bounds He has made for Putin, and that Troy Black got prophecy that Putin will go (somewhat?) too far and in that case God will send PLAGUES to Putin. Not to Russia, just to Putin.

I don't know who to trust in the Media, but I think we will soon mroe know who to trust.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the MSM has posted fake pictures of war horrors.
    The MSM posts basically none of the pictures people actually need to see. I haven't noticed any fakes yet - just cropped, cut, and cherry-picked to avoid the truly grisly details. In the Instagram and Telegram channels I listed you'll see the full version of a lot of those as well as tons that the MSM is unwilling to show. They don't want to upset the sensibilities of western softies I suppose. If you don't know what's happening in the world then you should try to figure it out instead of just taking the word of self-proclaimed prophets profiting off of people's unknowing
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    I respect that you have put more effort into finding news stories than I have, and I especially respect that you have sought to find good sources, which are so hard to find. I also respect that you don't see following the'se prophets to be of importance, or good use, but I do. Especially in this case, since God says it will not amount to the WWIII they want it to become. I am trusting God for protecting the Ukranian people, praying for them, and reminding God of His promise in my prayer. I also take note that God said when our troops get there, it will "look like" a war zone. I think those words "look like"have a reason, which will will find out about. It is interesting that fake photos have allegedly b een used, so early in the game! That supports what is implied in the prophecy: that things will be made to look like what they are not.

I also expect that most people will not see much use for these words of the prophets I am sharing, but at least it should be an intersting curiosity, one that hails good news in a time of nothing but dreary news. But interest will increase when the astonishing predicted things start happening.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More from members of my tech community who are currently in Ukraine:

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update...0069048786944/ They were originally planning on having a conference in June. Normal, everyday people who don't seem to be relishing their "rescue."

Reports are that about a million people have fled the fighting. Is there any word on how many of those have gone toward Russia? So far most of what I've been hearing is people going to other West-aligned or NATO countries. If the Ukrainian people are scared of or held captive by the West, why are they running toward them?

So far, the only evidence I've seen that that checks out and even comes close to Ukrainians "using civilians as shields" is that they have been forcing males of fighting age (18-60ish) to stay and giving them guns. That kinda sucks.

-------------------------

An interesting thread on tires, of all things, and how that relates to what's going on: https://twitter.com/TrentTelenko/sta...64245250002944
    And, rather directly related to the tires thing, some discourse on Russia + land war and a bit of history on Shoigu (a Russian military bigwig) and the power of mythology: https://twitter.com/kamilkazani/stat...93363076915204

-------------------------

This is going to really suck for the Russian people, too. I realize that historically Russian revolutions have been... not so pleasant... but I really hope they can figure out a way to get leaders who will actually do good things for them and help them build up a prosperous and peaceful country. Aside from the occasional bigoted person, I don't know anyone who actually wants to see Russia suffer or be torn apart or defeated.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is an attacking a nuclear power plant considered a war crime?

A nuclear power plant is on fire at Zaporizhzhia.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Is an attacking a nuclear power plant considered a war crime?

A nuclear power plant is on fire at Zaporizhzhia.
    I think they are just ignoring those rules now. So probably. But it sounds dangerous and not good
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It seems that when you borrow money to buy stuff, and your lenders determine that there is no way you will be able to make your payments on your loans, then your lenders will start repossessions.

"Russian airlines now having their jets seized at international airports by the leasing companies"

https://twitter.com/Andrew__Roth/sta...C9kZaigc8pAAAA

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I respect that you have put more effort into finding news stories than I have, and I especially respect that you have sought to find good sources, which are so hard to find. I also respect that you don't see following the'se prophets to be of importance, or good use, but I do. Especially in this case, since God says it will not amount to the WWIII they want it to become. I am trusting God for protecting the Ukranian people, praying for them, and reminding God of His promise in my prayer. I also take note that God said when our troops get there, it will "look like" a war zone. I think those words "look like"have a reason, which will will find out about. It is interesting that fake photos have allegedly b een used, so early in the game! That supports what is implied in the prophecy: that things will be made to look like what they are not.

I also expect that most people will not see much use for these words of the prophets I am sharing, but at least it should be an intersting curiosity, one that hails good news in a time of nothing but dreary news. But interest will increase when the astonishing predicted things start happening.
    Likewise, I respect your civility. Speaking with you isn't unpleasant even if I take issue with a lot of your posts.

Additionally, I hope you understand that my issue is not with your faith in God or anything like that. I'm perfectly comfortable with religious diversity, and if your faith is important to you then far be it from me to attempt to deny you that. My problem is instead with your faith in "prophets" (fallible human beings) who fail time and again to be right about much of substance while still garnering tons of attention and in a few cases money too. This prophesying business is tangibly beneficial to them, even those who don't directly earn money from it gain attention (an arguably even more valuable resource these days), and I feel that generates a significant conflict of interest. If they were at least more consistently right about their prophecies I could forgive the conflict of interest, but given that, from what I can tell, they don't seem to know more than anyone else, I find it difficult to view them as anything more than charlatans preying on religious folk.

I probably haven't convinced you of anything with that, but I've stated my case at least. I would just like you to understand that if I seem at all antagonistic, it is rooted in my not wanting you or others who share your faith to be fooled, not in any dislike for you as a person
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God spoke this through prophets in September - when the was nothinng to give evidence that something so big and established as CNN could be lights out in a short order. Now, hearing in January 2022 that that this lying, false network is down 90% in 2021 alone, it is not so surprising to imagine they will soon be lights out, forever. But God said so again, in a prophecy to Julie Green recently. Prophets have said that they ahve observed tghat when God says somethign will happen for a second time, that means it will happen very son. Julie Green's ministry lauches a new website Sunday, where all these videos will be archived and organaized, labelde and manuscriped, with which ones were said when, and when/how the fulfilled ones were fulfilled. So after that is up it will be easier for you to find it there.

Or, you can just wait for it to happen, because it will. When CNN goes lights-out, watch, because then the liars at MSNBC and NBS will be nexty to fall. They will go bankrut. Soon many other well known news reporters will fall, resign, and/or be exposed for what they have done. Including heads of FOX New, soon. Everywhere there are those who have knowingly and for bribery and wealth cooperated with perpetuating lies to the American people, but some have cooperated innocently. God knows. [For some reason, CNN is always prophesized with the words, "Lights out, forever".]

I am not saying these things expecting you to believe them, but because I know they will be happening soon, and when they happen, you can know that God is doing what He said: making our nation and our world greater and better than ever. I especially want to share it because the evil deep state is losign it's power aned they know they are fallign soon so they are goign to make thigns as difficult as they can for us, but God says everythign they try to do against us, including market falls, will coem to nothing. God is rectifying, and that is what we will see. He has named many names recently, including those who will die. [for each He says, I gave you time to repent, and you refused]. At least two traitors will fall on live TV, never to get up again, on live TV. Chuck Shummer is one. God says we have not known in how many ways we have been enslaved and stolen from, but we will find out this year, and our prosperity will be returned to us. Your future is going to be fantastic!
    How do you know these prophets are the real deal and aren't just saying shit while not having any actual connection to god?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gruesome video of recent shelling. Among the devastatingly injured, there is one that looks like an old woman or man hunched, looking at the ground as if in shock, with her/his feet missing:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1499459994877636617

'DENAZIFICATION' of Ukraine:

Ukrainians and Russians are one people says Putin, then invader forces shell a nuclear plant. Fraternal feelings are going to soar in the 'UkrUSSR' after this, I'm sure:

Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast