Thread: Free Tritype Test + instincts

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Default Free Tritype Test + instincts

I thought someone would have posted this by now.

It's enneacards. Not sure how long it will be free since I was told it is in beta testing phase but they have a new test on their site. I guess it will replace current test eventually if it hasn't already.

http://app.trueself.io/home/(enneagr...me=enneagramv2

UPDATE: Katherine has posted a blog here with another link that you might want to try.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ta-Test-to-Try
    Last edited by Aylen; 02-08-2018 at 06:48 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

When I switched to desktop view so I could screenprint it kicked me out - if you're on mobile and want to screenprint, start out in desktop view!

It gave me 613 sx/sp.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My test result:
    7-9-2 sp/so

Last edited by WinnieW; 02-06-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did this test a few days ago and received the result of:

Researcher sx/sp/so 541

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It gave me 458 so/sp, which is... interesting.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Worldview:

Core Wiring

You want to be inspired, intuitive, and unique; but most importantly, you want to be passionate, true to your feelings, and authentic. You see yourself as a sensitive intellectual. That is, you see yourself as creative, expressive, and spiritual. You are identified with your emotional states and their meaning. You see yourself as emotionally deep, and seek beauty and meaning in everything you do. You may envy others, however, and become moody, haughty or overly emotional under stress. At your best, you are emotionally self-aware, self-revealing, creative, extremely compassionate, and humane.

Your greatest strengths are your deep intuition and your creativity, as well as your ability to transform painful life experiences into opportunities for profound growth and healing. This enables you to identify what is missing and, like a knight on a quest, you search until you find it or create it. Astute about human nature, you believe that everyone is an individual and that all emotions have value. Profound and insightful, you have an uncanny knack for transforming the dull and the ordinary into the exciting and extraordinary. You are able to see and appreciate what is truly unique, special, and rare.

Tritype Wiring

You are intuitive, knowledgeable and protective. You want to be original, wise and straight-forward. You study what makes people tick and form strong opinions about what you learn. Somewhat introverted, you are identified with being an intuitive, strategic thinker and see interconnections that others may miss.

Instinctual Wiring

You obsessively think about your partner and their passionate pursuits. Most of all, you secretly worry about being found to be lacking or seen as ordinary or commonplace. You have a passion to be creative and original and long to be seen as a one of a kind. You are highly creative, original and emotionally honest, believing that everyone has the right to be who they are. You crave attention, especially from your mate. You see your mate and intimates as reflections of your individuality. You thrive on intensity and feel entitled to fully express yourself.

Inner World

Core Fears

Being inadequate, flawed, common, ordinary, painfully lacking, defective, abandoned, unable to realize your potential or emotionally cut-off.

Core Desires

To be authentic, singular, unique, and exceptional, as well as to have deep emotional connections.

Core Needs

You need to be seen as artistic, gifted, and accomplished. You focus on your individuality and on carving a distinct image of yourself. You need to express your deep feelings and want others to validate your emotions. Whether arranging your living space to reflect your refined tastes, or engaging in an artistic pursuit, it is essential for your sense of well-being to express your creativity.

Core Beliefs

Something is important is missing. Knowing my uniqueness and expressing my depth is essential to finding my authentic self and meaning in life.

Outer World

Strategies

You look inward and focus on self-discovery to find meaning, as well as to understand yourself and others. You go into your emotional depths and seek happiness through beauty, suffering, and nostalgia.

Impact of Strategies

You are seen as singularly unique, and are emotionally understood and accepted for who you authentically are.

What's Great About You

You are passionate, deep, emotionally authentic, creative, fiery, and expressive. You are a true humanitarian and offer compassion to others.

Attention goes to...

Your attention goes to searching for meaning, noticing what is missing, feelings of melancholy and nostalgia, and longing for the unavailable. You appreciate the special, the humane and the beautiful. You like to put your personal signature on everything that you do. Your refined tastes make you a great critic and someone who appreciates the truly exceptional.

Journey to Higher Self

Spiritual Path

Your spiritual journey is to connect to the original source and create true meaning. Spiritual growth will come when you balance your emotional nature with temperance and equanimity. If you learn to master your powerful emotions rather than being a slave to them, you will create the life you most deeply desire.

Transformation Journey

Your transformation journey involves:

1. Realizing that you don't need to be unique or even understood to be special, singular or extraordinary.
    2. Letting go of sad stories of tragedy and instead feeling the joy of the present moment.
    3. Finding beauty everywhere instead of feeling the need to find it or create it.

Mantra

Remember not to dwell on the past and instead enjoy the pleasures that can be found in each moment. Cultivating gratitude will give you the courage to move through your fear of rejection and share your talents. When you share your talents others will honor you for your original and creative contributions.

Famous People with Most Likely Personality Type

Francis Bacon, John Barrymore, Ingmar Bergman, Peter Bogdanovich, Marlon Brando, Jackson Browne, Raymond Burr, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Prince Charles, Eric Clapton, Kurt Cobain, Judy Collins, James Dean, Johnny Depp, Neil Diamond, Isak Dinesen, Bob Dylan, Judy Garland, Martha Graham, Billie Holliday, Lena Horne, Julio Iglesias, Jeremy Irons, Michael Jackson, Jewel, Angelina Jolie, Janis Joplin, Harvey Keitel, Charles Laughton, T. E. Lawrence, Vivien Leigh, Rod McKuen, Thomas Merton, Joni Mitchell, Jim Morrison, Morrissey, Edvard Munch, Liam Neeson, Stevie Nicks, Anais Nin, Nick Nolte, Laurence Olivier, Paris, Edith Piaf, Pink Floyd, Sylvia Plath, Edgar Allen Poe, Prince, Anne Rice, Percy Shelley, Simone Signoret, Paul Simon, Meryl Streep, James Taylor, Spencer Tracy, Vincent Van Gogh, Orson Welles, Tennessee Williams, Kate Winslet, Virginia Woolf.

Questionnaire Results

My greatest strength is...

Creativity

Why?

I have the ability to turn great sadness into works of art, and the capacity to reinvent myself.

My greatest weakness...

Impatience

Why?

I tend to expect my visions to materialise straight away, and dislike inertia.

My desire is to look...

Alluring, profound, intense, seductive, sexually intoxicating.

I need...

Deep, passionate love, and the ability to express myself fully without judgement.

I'm afraid of...

Having no purpose to exist, being abandoned, unloved, manipulated and not accepted by another for who I really am.

I avoid...

Shallowness, conceit, conformity and moral zealotry. I despise people who are obsessed with appearing righteous and/or prestigious.

Other people see me as...

Wise, artistic, inventive and charismatic, but also lazy, impolite and prone to emotional outbursts.

Pick 5 adjectives that describe you best

Bold Insightful Original Passionate Romantic
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 02-06-2018 at 10:38 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

It doesn't show me any cards, neither in Safari nor Firefox... Am I doing something wrong?
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^
    The test is so evolved, the software knows you are Ni-leading and you will click the correct patterns without seeing the multiple choice answers.

The cards are Part #2 of the test. First there are some other type of questions.
    The test starts with five blank lines. You have to put in five answers.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

So you actually have to type in adjectives on your own for the first question etc.? I am not sure whether my browsers or my wifi are just acting crazy or not...

(P.S: Yes it is my wifi, nvm)
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What does visionary even mean when everyone seems to be visionary with different tritypes and instincts?

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    So you actually have to type in adjectives on your own for the first question etc.? I am not sure whether my browsers or my wifi are just acting crazy or not...
    Yes you do

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you actually have to type in adjectives on your own for the first question etc.?
    I did so, but I'm not sure if it's part of the evaluation at all.

I am not sure whether my browsers or my wifi are just acting crazy or not...

(P.S: Yes it is my wifi, nvm)
    Radio interference from wifi networks in the neighborhood, as always... Put a wire fence shielding around your workplace... no, I'm just kidding.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    What does visionary even mean when everyone seems to be visionary with different tritypes and instincts?
    It means you are a creative type, a type that is future-oriented.
    There are several paths of evolution – societal, technological, biological, artistic

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Enneagram 1 score got cut off, it was low.

Last edited by Muddy; 02-07-2018 at 04:22 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Personal Report: Adam Strange

Most Likely Personality Type

The Mover Shaker
    Most Likely Tritype

8-3-7
    Most Likely Starring Roles

Protector, Alpha Leader, Champion, Maverick, Commander, Negotiator, Boss
    Most Likely Enneagram Type

Most Likely Instinctual Stack

Intimate, Social, Self-Preserving
    Most Likely Dominant Instinct

Intimate

Unique Personality Composition

Emotional
    Mental
    Instinctual
    Worldview

Core Wiring

You want to be open, honest, and straightforward; but most importantly, you want to be independent, make your own decisions, and direct your own course. You want to be the master and commander of your own life. You are honest and take pride in calling a spade a spade. You say what you mean and mean what you say. You have the propensity to be excessive and to go to extremes. Too much is almost enough. Under stress, you may be intense, intimidating, overpowering, or unwilling to self-limit. At your best, you are a protective, compassionate, and magnanimous leader that is both tough-minded and tenderhearted.

Your greatest strength is your sense of justice and your desire to protect the weak, vulnerable, down-trodden, and under-represented. Big-hearted and generous by nature, you willingly protect others even at your own expense. A person of your word, you stand up for what you believe in and deliver what you have promised. You have the ability to quickly assess a situation, cut to the chase, and simplify the complex and the confusing. Your ability to instinctively see the truth and act decisively makes you a natural-born leader.
    Tritype Wiring

You are ambitious, innovative and protective. You want to be efficient, happy and straight-forward. You are a dynamic go-getter, focused on the prize. An expansive powerhouse, you see the big picture and have the will to make it happen. Obstacles are seen as competitive challenges.
    Instinctual Wiring

What matters to you is intimates and those in your intimate circle of care. Most of all, you secretly worry that you will be betrayed by those to whom you show your vulnerability. You mask your need for love and intimacy with displays of nonchalance and indifference. You are an individualist with a lust for passionate pursuits. You are at once both tough and tender. You need to be free and autonomous while simultaneously needing to be bonded and connected. You long for love and connection, but fear being controlled.
    Inner World

Core Fears

Being weak, vulnerable, harmed, humiliated, misrepresented, powerless, controlled, or manipulated.
    Core Desires

To be powerful, self-reliant, in control, and able to protect and empower yourself and others.
    Core Needs

You need to be your own authority. You seek independence, and strive to be the master and commander of your own life. You need to feel confident, self-reliant, and in charge of your emotions. You don't need to be liked, but you do have a strong need to be respected. You also need a sense of fairness and justice in your dealings with others, as your nature errs on willfulness and stubbornness.
    Core Beliefs

Only the strong survive. To be powerful and overcome adversity, I must be tough, independent, self-reliant, and avoid weakness at all costs. The weak are controlled, manipulated, and betrayed. No one can tell me what to do.
    Outer World

Strategies

You are independent, strong, honest, and upfront. You speak the unspoken truth. You have a personal code of honor; you protect the innocent and take control of difficult situations. You deny vulnerability and, when attacked, take charge and retaliate instead of defending.
    Impact of Strategies

Being self-reliant and having power and control over your life leads people to accept you as you are rather than who they think you should be.
    What's Great About You

You are strong, powerful, big-hearted, independent, and decisive. You can be a protective and charismatic leader that others readily follow.
    Attention goes to...

Your attention goes to issues of power— who has it and most importantly, if it is being used fairly. You instinctively sense a power vacuum and often step in to fill it. You are not interested in subtle nuance but rather in the big picture, much like a general surveying a battlefield. You can be relentless in your search for truth, justice, power and influence.
    Journey to Higher Self

Spiritual Path

Your spiritual journey is to reclaim your sense of innocence. Spiritual growth will come when you can acknowledge a higher truth and a higher power. As the king or queen of the jungle you have a powerful and commanding presence. You can either take advantage of others or make the jungle a safe place for everyone.
    Transformation Journey

1. Realizing that there is benevolence, truth and justice in the natural flow of life.
    2. Asserting your power without asserting your will.
    3. Surrendering to your more tender emotions and moving beyond your toughness so you can truly open to love and intimacy.
    Mantra

True strength comes from surrendering the need to have power and control. You should remember that sensitivity to others and acknowledging their own tender emotions is a sign of strength, not a sign of weakness. Being cynical and insensitively teasing others are red flags that you are feeling hurt and disempowered.

It is interesting that this test resulted in a tri-type of 837. Two previous tests have given tri-types of 836. But the e7 is there.
    Adam's Enneagraph test results.jpg
    I can't post the bar graph that came with the test because I'm almost out of forum-allowed posted image space, but it looks exactly like Muddy's, with the one exception that my "mental enthusiast" bar is a bit higher than my "mental problem solver" bar.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-07-2018 at 03:56 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Worldview

Core Wiring
    You want to be accurate, honest, fair, and objective; but most importantly, you want to be respectable. You want to do what's right, and what you feel is appropriate. You have high standards and are methodical, ethical, and diligently striving for continual improvement. You believe that anything worth doing should be done properly. Under stress, you may show resentment and become angry, nit-picking and overly critical. At your best, you are wise and noble. You act with integrity and offer sage guidance to the world.

Your integrity, wisdom, and adherence to sound procedure can bring clarity and guidance to a confused world. You are a true pioneer with the ability to envision utopia, and the discipline to put in the hard work to make it happen. Like a white knight, you are not afraid to act according to your convictions, even if they go against the beliefs of your parents, boss or society. You have a special gift for teaching and enjoy helping people learn and improve.

Tritype Wiring
    You are very diligent, caring, and knowledgeable. You want to be ethical, helpful and wise. You are very idealistic and see what needs to be done and the simple and effective ways to do it. You are intensely private but care about people. You seek practical systems and procedures to measure results and effectiveness.

Instinctual Wiring
    You think about what is proper and socially appropriate. You may secretly worry about failing to act according to social norms and social expectations. You focus on what is right and the rules and regulations that need to be in place to ensure proper etiquette. You are very strict with yourself and others regarding social norms. You likely have a fear of making a social mistake and being criticized for it.

Inner World

Core Fears
    Being wrong, bad, evil, corruptible, inappropriate, lazy, unethical, lied to, incorrect, or worthy of criticism.

Core Desires
    To be good, right, accurate, correct, and above reproach.

Core Needs
    You need to know what is expected of you, so you can act accordingly and excel. You want to know what is considered appropriate, do things by the book, and avoid making mistakes. You continuously strive for self-improvement and expect others to do the same. You act in accordance with your high standards, moral beliefs, philosophies, and principles; you don't base your behaviors on another person's rules.

Core Beliefs
    Everyone can and should strive to do their best and continually improve. There is a correct way to do things. We should all do what is right and do so properly.

Outer World

Strategies
    You adhere strongly to standards and codes of conduct to ensure appropriate actions that evade criticism. You may proactively criticize and judge yourself and others to enforce good conduct.

Impact of Strategies
    Everyone notices how hard you work. As a result, they often believe you are correct and follow your orders.

What's Great About You
    You are ethical, principled, hard-working, disciplined, thorough, prepared, and accountable. Others see you as someone who is very responsible, fair, and who will do what is right.

Attention goes to...
    Your attention goes outward to the environment, to creating improvements, correcting imperfections and righting what is wrong. In your search for what is perfect, you may become mired in details and lose sight of your original goal and intention. A growing edge for you is to recognize the value of completing a task over waiting for perfection.

Journey to Higher Self

Spiritual Path
    Your spiritual journey is to reclaim a sense of serenity. Even flaws may have a purpose. True perfection and spiritual growth will come when you can see the inherent perfection in all that exists.

Transformation Journey

1. Recognizing that you are fully good just as you are. You don’t have to be perfect to be worthy of unconditional love and acceptance.
    2. Relaxing the tension and anxiety around what needs correcting and allowing things to exist as they are.
    3. Recognizing that your inner critic is not the voice of a higher authority, but rather a defense mechanism you’ve created in an effort to make yourself a better person.

utterly moronic Mantra
    True perfection already exists in every moment, and there is nothing that needs to be reformed or improved in the eyes of God.

Famous People with Most Likely Personality Type

Amish, Julie Andrews, John Bradshaw, Tom Brokaw, Susan Brownmiller, William F. Buckley, John Calvin, Cesar Chavez, Ong Teng Cheong, Hillary Clinton, Confucius, Crusades, Jane Curtin, Angela Davis, Michael Dukakis, Mary Baker Eddy, Dr. Dean Edell, Daniel Ellsworth, Harrison Ford, Jodie Foster, Barry Goldwater, Al Gore, Lillian Hellman, Katharine Hepburn, Charlton Heston, Inquisition, Glenda Jackson, Peter Jennings, Joan of Arc, Samuel Johnson, Dean Jones, John Kerry, Dr. Jack Kevorkian, Ted Koppel, Dr. Laura, Laura Linney, The Lone Ranger, Martin Luther, Nelson Mandela, Miss Manners, Thurgood Marshall, George McGovern, Arthur Miller, Ralph Nader, New Zealand, Leonard Nimoy, Gregory Peck, H. Ross Perot, Pioneers, Sidney Poitier, Pope John Paul II, Emily Post, Colin Powell, Puritans, Marilyn Quayle, Yitzak Rabin, Ayn Rand, Tony Randall, Vanessa Redgrave, Donna Reed, Cliff Robertson, Eleanor Roosevelt, Bernard Shaw, Singapore, Gene Siskel, Kenneth Starr, Martha Stewart, Peter Strauss, Switzerland, Margaret Thatcher, Emma Thompson, Harry Truman, Jack Webb, Joanne Woodward, Jane Wyman.

Questionnaire Results

My greatest strength is...
    dependability

Why?
    It means I can be trusted to do things well and reliably.

My greatest weakness...
    prediction

Why?
    I can't guess how long something will take or how a person will react.

My desire is to look...
    truthful

I need...
    to know where to go and when

I'm afraid of...
    hurting a loved one

I avoid...
    overscheduling

Other people see me as...
    weird, but in a good way

Pick 5 adjectives that describe you best
    honest consistent giving intelligent weird

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why so many visionaries of differing E-types?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Why so many visionaries of differing E-types?
    It's the Beta version of the test (will probably become paid in the future). Littered with bugs, and that seems to be one of em.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

873 Sx/Sp The Mover Shaker

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

541 Sp/Sx (The Researcher)

5 > 4 > 1 > 6 > 9 > 7 > 3 > 2 > 8
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The test is pretty good with the core types so far

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    The test is pretty good with the core types so far
    Definitely. I'm a confirmed 541 (I took the RHETI 2.5 by myself) and this test got it right.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most likely type: the Seeker
    most likely starring roles: loyal skeptic, trooper, trouble shooter, defender, guardian, questioner, devil's advocate
    most likely instinctual stack: self-preserving, intimate, social

694 sp/sx
    Problem Solver (6): 1
    Enthusiast (7): .84
    Thinker (5): .42
    Peace Keeper/Individualist (9/4): 0.32
    Idealist (1): 0.29
    Helper (2): 0.16
    Challenger (8): 0.13
    Producer (3): 0.1
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think I'm 614 but I got 613. Probably cuz I took it at work and cuz my line to 3 has been stronger lately in general. I found the e4 cards unsavory too, prob for a similar reason as why I've been testing logical in tests lately.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got 3-7-1 with 3 as core type (but 3 and 7 basically tied), with sexual as primary instict.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Did some experiments (lol) and the manual answers you write dont matter much or at all, what makes the outcome is the cards you choose. I guess they do that to collect data.
    I will probably never recommended taking tests, besides maybe in the beginning for a place to start (in my first tests I used to get 5 the highest and 4 the lowest ), because after knowing enneagram for a while you can just pick the answers of the type you imagine yourself to be, which I think is also a subconscius process. So it becomes useless.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tela View Post
    Did some experiments (lol) and the manual answers you write dont matter much or at all, what makes the outcome is the cards you choose. I guess they do that to collect data.
    I will probably never recommended taking tests, besides maybe in the beginning for a place to start (in my first tests I used to get 5 the highest and 4 the lowest ), because after knowing enneagram for a while you can just pick the answers of the type you imagine yourself to be, which I think is also a subconscius process. So it becomes useless.
    Comparing the words you used to describe yourself with the results of the card sort also provides you with insight into how well you know yourself (or how well you use enneagram to describe yourself). or iow, "this is what I believe about myself" (adj) vs "this is what I don't know about myself" (card sort)

Imo, card sorts are better than most tests. And people who are more concerned with modifying their answer so they can receive a particular result should maybe consider why they feel a need to lie about themselves to themselves or those they intend to share the results with. But then also, many people don't analyze themselves and so may actually have a difficult time figuring out which sets of words might describe them better than another set.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Comparing the words you used to describe yourself with the results of the card sort also provides you with insight into how well you know yourself (or how well you use enneagram to describe yourself). or iow, "this is what I believe about myself" (adj) vs "this is what I don't know about myself" (card sort)

Imo, card sorts are better than most tests. And people who are more concerned with modifying their answer so they can receive a particular result should maybe consider why they feel a need to lie about themselves to themselves or those they intend to share the results with. But then also, many people don't analyze themselves and so may actually have a difficult time figuring out which sets of words might describe them better than another set.
    Its also that, like i said, its a subconscious process for some people, to try to fit in to a certain type when theyre typing as such and thus will answer like that type

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Definitely. I'm a confirmed 541 (I took the RHETI 2.5 by myself) and this test got it right.

I recently took the full Rheti 2.5 too and scored highest on 4 then 5. 4 and the feeling triad highest by far. Lowest in instinctive triad. I scored highest in Hornevian withdrawn group. I also scored higher on 8 than 9, like in this test, it wasn't by a lot but still.

I think 458 (in that order) is more fitting for my overall inner motivations, desires and fears. Triple withdrawn is too passive to describe me. It is referred to as the "fetus" by some and I consider myself to be an old soul who has been there, done that, in too many lifetimes and should know better than to repeat the same mistakes. I feel I learn quickly from my mistakes now because I have access to these other levels of reality when I open to them. The exception is when my heart is in charge but that mostly applies to closer interactions where emotions cloud intuition and logic. Above all I consider myself an intuitive > feeler. I can forget who I am and repeat my mistakes hoping something changes. Shifting to 5 saves my sanity and dignity.

My inner world is probably more complex than the average person and I am not saying that as a point of pride. It is what the world has shown me. I am very interested in transcendence (not denial of what is) life/death, real magick, love, sex and rebirth among other things because those are major themes in my life.

Those who love and know me still see there is more to me than even this. They find me fun and charming too. They enjoy long conversations where there is a balance in give and take. They value me and appreciate my light side with all it's shadows. This is why my circle is small. I have had lots of acquaintances like anyone else but they do not know me at all. I probably know way more about them only because I am intuitive and observant. I also take other people's emotions into myself so in a way I am very influenced by the Fe of others and for the most part I enjoy it. I can also feel strength when I am motivated by strong people. It allows me to access parts of myself I ignore, but my inner strength is mine not their's they just bring it to the surface.

The things I relate to most in the 459 is intuitive, contemplative and waiting for others to come to me because you can't make people accept or do anything they don't want to do. If they do it to please you, or avoid conflict, you are not getting the genuine person. I am not going to chase people down who do not relate to me. Those who seek what I offer will find me. I guess some do see me as humble and discrete but humble was learned by looking at myself honestly and seeing I was not humble enough until life taught me to be more humble by knocking me on my ass. That 459 description fits my EII, 9w1 sister better than me but she is a 946 sp/sx. She is naturally very humble, modest and discrete. Discrete comes naturally to me I guess. I don't like everyone knowing all my business.

I put in bold the things I relate to in each.

459, 495, 549, 594, 945, 954
    Nicknames: The Withdrawn, The Contemplation Pool, The Fetus, The Wilting Life

Life Purpose: To delve deeply into the mysteries of life and share it with others, a philosopher, want to write about and discuss your discoveries with others, never ending quest to make sense of your world

Blind Spot: To focused on inner world, inhibited, indifferent to others, insecure, moody, expect others to initiate and come to you

Traits: Intuitive, knowledgeable, accepting, original, wise, peaceful, self-aware, reflective, shy, reserved, self-conscious, need regular quiet time to reflect on thoughts/emotions, easily flooded with emotion, difficult for you to voice your ideals/feelings. The 459 is the most reclusive type on the Enneagram. They are humble, modest and discreet. They can be ethereal and dreamy They are passive and unassertive. They are shy but usually display a pleasant countenance. They have complex inner worlds. the objective with the subjective. They are gentle, sensitive and avoidant. Since they are so reserved, they express their anger in a passive-aggressive manner.

Their withdrawal and withholding feels harsh or very uninvolved. Naturally reserved and reflective, you see yourself as intuitive, introspective, perceptive and thoughtful. Responsible and diligent, you resist taking action that is not first well considered and thought out. You dislike making sudden changes and prefer to take time to think things through before acting. When opposed, you tend to take a step back or move away from others to evaluate your circumstances to manage problems. A true introvert. The withdrawn likes to delve within them self in order to release their tensions and stress. The more problems that arise in their life, the further they find themselves from the external world.

​458, 485, 548, 584, 845, 854

Nicknames: The Scholar, The Psychopomp, The Shaman, The Vision Quest, The Otherworldly Iconoclast, The Ethereal Beast

Life Purpose: To discover what is innately human and share it with others, to follow your own muse and study what interests you

Blind Spot: Too enamoured with what you've learned and your opinions, self-absorbed, hyper-introspective, headstrong, cynical

Traits: Intuitive, knowledgeable, protective, original, wise, straight forward, study what makes people tick, form strong opinions about what you learn, somewhat introverted, intuitive/strategic thinker, see interconnections that others miss. One of the most direct/blunt tritype. The darkest tritype (especially if core 4 or 5), the most intense type (especially if SX). Builds mental or internal maps that are quite astute as to what makes people do what they do. Propensity toward the grotesque, anatomical or intensely esoteric.

Want to disseminate what information is found. The three types can be prone to arrogance and the attachment to the internal map of what they've found can make them blind to new information as it comes in. So there will be a tendency to become fixed in their worldview or ideas particularly about people and not take in new information. So while the map is quite extraordinary that they've painted they may miss a whole region and thus not have the full picture. This is also the most cynical and the tendency to be so overly opinionated can make people turn off to their wisdom. However, even if they are too arrogant to accept criticism from others at first, they are likely to outwardly repudiate that criticism, and then later modify their views accordingly rather than stubbornly retain their original position. When 8 is core, there is a bit more compassion, and with an integrated 5 or 4 in charge you get a gifted spiritual teacher (Russ Hudson for example).
    An intensely original archetype with a passion to explore and to find the hidden meaning in all things. Impenetrable inner world. They are complex individuals, but they are more characterized by the way they tend to push everyone away from them. SO increases the need to have the critical information needed to be interesting to others–to be wise and in the know. SP increases the focus on the the basics, the resources one must expend to have the information. What will the cost be?

All 6 variations of the 458 will avoid being ignorant and speak up for what they believe in. For example, in contrast, the SP 548 will be far more reluctant to speak than the SX 845 but both fear being inadequate, incompetent and powerless. It is particularly hard to generalize about this tritype. This tritype seems peculiarly subject to flux, and thus can vary greatly, or have many different real selves. There is no
    social element (3, 6, or 9) so it can be complex, contradictory and often perplexing especially if SO is your blindspot (last in the stacking). 458 has two reactive types (4,8) two rejection (5,8) two withdrawn (4,5) and three very independent, very resistant to anything that originates outside itself, and not always interested in being accessible in any way. There is a kind of de-construction of present systems and a reconstruction into something that subverts previously-held notions. An “ontological terrorist”. They are staring past the fragility in the conceptions of humans as living and rational beings, hope to cling to and look into something “under”, to poke around, and reveal the beauty within it.
    I am already ip temperament so if I add a 9 to it I would basically look pretty catatonic rather than just contemplative. I do not lack inner fire and I have issues with being controlled because of my childhood. It is not stubbornness so people who see me as stubborn are missing the point. It goes way deeper than that. I don't like being told to calm down or chill when I need to resolve something in my mind or heart. I hate when people gloss over or ignore me when I am saying something important. I have been going back and forth between these two tritypes, 459 and 458 for awhile. Anyone who types me a core 9 has not paid attention to me. They are seeing a projection of their own beliefs of a type. A pretty shallow one since 9s are more than what is being projected as well. I suppose that is the rule rather than the exception here.

I am not very peace/calm seeking. I can calm myself. I thought I had to have a 9 because "spiritual". I bought into the idea that 9 is the most spiritual, high level type when in fact 4s can be more "spiritual" in many ways than 9s. Peace is that last thing I want tbh although I value being balanced highly. Balance and peace are not the same to me. Peace in the 9 description would be frustrating to me when I need something to move me or inspire me. I love the 9s in my life but they don't get me unless they put effort into it (my sister does). I need resolutions and feedback. I still consider myself a pretty accepting person but I had to learn to be that.

Maybe the stereotype of 458 being the darkest tritype is a bit off for me (I see most people who put on the "dark" image as fake though) but I can see why people looking in from the outside might see it that way. My friends don't see me as particularly heavy even when I delve into some pretty heavy subjects. Maybe I make exploring the dark side more fun somehow. I want to explore the shadows and depths of others I care about and observe them in those I am neutral on. I am not into that light and fluffy, sweep things under the rug thing in my personal relationships. I think it is superficial and inauthentic because no one is all light and fluffy all the time.

I have been able to get the lightest of beings to expose their dark side on more than one occasion and that is what I need to see in order to form a real connection to someone. If SLE are my duals then this is a skill worth having. It is also why I can often accept them when others do not. Doesn't mean I like it but at least if I get to the depths of the issues I can make conscious choices in response. I found the ILI in my life much harder to go to the depths with since they were always trying to squash my emotional side.

Anyway I do not believe most people here use enneagram as it is intended to be used. That is fine until they try to type me. I don't care to be told who I am by a bunch of armchair psychologists who haven't done the work to express their opinion, as in getting to know me as well as I know myself. I liked both tests. People can try to pry my well investigated identity from my cold dead hands. I will change it if and when I integrate more aspects of my personality. If someone wants to tell me something they see in me I will consider it. I am not closed to new ideas. It is mostly the way it is presented. People who present things to me as a facts will not get a warm reception at all. It makes them seem more rigid than me, in my eyes.

The Withdrawn Stance - Types 4, 5, 9
    The Withdrawn Stance as the name suggests are those types that 'move away’ from people. Here we find the types that focus on thinking and feeling, making them highly imaginative. It is hard to see how their Freudian assocation, the Id, can be linked with these distant types however Freud himself remarked that it was 'thinkers and poets’ who were most in connection with their subconscious.

Type 5 often withdraws the most physically, strongly asserting their need for privacy and withdrawing from the world. Type 4 withdraws socially, taking time to construct their own individuality separate from others. While Type 9 doesn’t necessarily physically withdraw from the world, they are guilty of zoning out with people, a mental withdrawal into an inner sanctum of being.

Types of the Withdrawn Stance can all benefit from moving themselves into the world and really being present within it. Often the types can develop great skills and talents in their time by themselves but do not ever present these to the world, focusing rather on keeping it all to themselves. It is good to learn that using these skills and showing them to the world can be as rewarding as developing. The Withdrawn Stance also has a unique quirk in that they can feel a disconnect to their humanness, often feeling detached from their body and more present within their imagination and fantasy.

The Hornevian Groups are much easier to identify than the Primary Centres. It is also much easier to determine a persons type by first identifying their stance. In addition, all the triads make clear something that we can overlook in typing; personalities are complex. It’s not only our Primary Centre that we have to work on but also how our stance affects us and the way we react to others. Just learning about some of the basic aspects of ourselves gives us a starting point for looking further into each of our rich complexity of being.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Russ Hudson is 592 tritype not 548

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I scored 952 sxsp it says also The Visionary but I've read in other sites is called the Problem Solver.
    Last edited by Hope; 02-07-2018 at 08:26 PM.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This test gives me as result 792 and Visionary, but the alternative name of that tritype is Peacemaker. I doubt that fits me entirely.
    I'd never expected that a have a 2 as heart fix, and I scored lowest as 3 in that triade.
    Am I no NT-type anymore, or do I just have a strange Socionics and Enneagram type combination?
    Also my scores of 5 and 7 are nearly equal. Am I a true ambivert?

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    sp/sx
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

549 sp/sx

here are some rheti results from 2013, for the record.

Type 1, The Reformer: 10
    Type 2, The Helper: 8
    Type 3, The Achiever: 22
    Type 4, The Individualist: 19
    Type 5, The Investigator: 24
    Type 6, The Loyalist: 13
    Type 7, The Enthusiast: 23
    Type 8, The Challenger: 16
    Type 9, The Peacemaker: 9

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The Seeker - 694 - sp/sx

Problem Solver (six)- 1
    Enthusiast (seven) - 0.77
    Peace Seeker (nine) - 0.58
    Thinker (five) - 0.32
    Individualist (four)- 0.29
    Idealist (one) - 0.26
    Producer (three) - 0.16
    Helper (two) - 0.1
    Challenger (eight) - 0.1

Quote Originally Posted by tela View Post
    I agree that it has limited use for self typing like any test because of our knowledge of the enneagram and our self typing will lead us to get our self typing most of the time even if it is erroneous.

However, it is a very good test for a newbie to the enneagram. In fact, this is the kind of test I would recommend to someone who has no knowledge of the enneagram to take to find out their core, tri type and instinctual stacking.
    Last edited by Raver; 02-08-2018 at 12:50 AM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9-7-2 so/sp hmmm....

Honestly, it could be? People tend to see me more cheerful than I see myself as, so that could fit with 9-7 airy-ness I guess. So/sp is questionable but eh. It is 5 AM and I'm tired.

Edit: Actually that could make a great deal of sense. As recently I was considering reading Black Butler but always kind of ran away from doing that because "it felt too depressing and pointlessly dark" so I think that that would already cross out 4. 3, pfff no. 7 vs 5, I can honestly see both sides to this, so either sounds like good fits for me.

so/sp, probably nah but not sure. I mean, on the one hand, I am mostly really happy when I emotionally connect with someone, feel a belonging and connection to people. On the other hand, I rarely have the proper energy to maintain such bonds so I mostly end up being hyped for a while then dropping off the communication. Basically every fictional series I like has one single main thing: Characters caring about each other and bonding as true companions throughout the series, as well as often ending up with at the very least bittersweet end. (Not cruelly hopeless though.) Heck, I can even tolerate bullshit happy endings at times, if I felt like those characters went through so much already. I wonder if I turned my 2 towards fictional characters more than real people (as well as my soc needs) so that's why I tend to be confused about it. Hm.
    Last edited by ApeironStella; 02-08-2018 at 03:55 AM.

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast