Thread: Require certain enneagram info (Attatcments to parental figures)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Require certain enneagram info (Attatcments to parental figures)

I think I saw it in the official enneagram site a long time ago before they overhauled it. It was sort of a correlation between attachment to your parental figures (mother and father) in childhood and each of the types. I remember the following, but I would be grateful if somebody has the info so I can fill in the gaps:

1 - ?
    2 - ?
    3 - attachment to the mother?
    4 - Ambivalent towards both
    5 - Unattached towards both
    6 - Attachment to the father
    7 - ?
    8 - Ambivalent towards mother
    9 - Attached to both

It was something like this.

Attempt:
    1- unattached towards father
    2- ambivalent towards father
    7- unattached towards mother

Makes sense?
    Last edited by roger557; 11-12-2021 at 02:00 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    There is something similar written in this blog - Childhood Scenarios for Enneatypes: Law of Three.

Three Basic Orientations

The three orientations are an expression of the Law of Three, on which the entire Enneagram concept is based. This law states that there are three kinds of forces that act in the human nature - the Active force, the Responsive force and the Neutral force and that each person is born with a natural preference for one of them.

These three forces are similar to the Hornevian Groups (Assertive, Compliant and Withdrawn respectively), but they are used here in a different context, to describe inborn traits and parental styles rather than established personality.

What would result from receiving both active and neutral parenting? It would be interesting if the combination contributed to the core enneatype's wing.
    I’ve always liked that “Childhood Law of Threes” website. I don’t know if it is true for all types, but I think it was true in my and my sisters’ experience.