Thread: Subtle quadra traits you've noticed

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Subtle/overlooked quadra traits you've noticed

Delta, and Beta to a lesser extent: people from the US who constantly reference their ethnic heritage and randomly throw in spanish/italian/yiddish/etc. words into a conversation. I come from an immigrant background myself and speak spanish exclusively at home but i don't allude to it that often unprompted and realize that I have little in common with someone who's lived in the Dominican Republic their entire lives.
    Last edited by Averroes; 08-13-2021 at 07:19 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I've never thought about this but now that you brought it up it does make sense.

I guess it would be a collectivist thing?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    LOL I've never thought about this but now that you brought it up it does make sense.

I guess it would be a collectivist thing?

Yeah, that's what I figured. I don't mind it personally but it's not a tendency that i relate to much

A good example of this is Andrew Cuomo (LSE) who apparently goes around saying "Ciao bella" and cheek kissing people (8:01) despite being a third-generation american

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Italian-Americans are some of the worst offenders for this kind of thing.

People who can't speak Italian nor have they ever set foot in the land will act as if they had come here on a boat a week ago.

My dad is third-generation Italian.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Delta being prideful an overlooked trait? I don’t know - we get a bad rep from other quadras (and in many ways I understand why). We’re prone to an overinflated sense of competence in specific trades, but it’s often a show because we are unsure of where we truly fit, with regard to being “aristocratic” types.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alphas smile so much it starts bothering me after a while. They smile as they talk, as they listen, as they go about their day, even if they aren't smiling physically it's like they're smiling with their words it's hard to describe. ILEs smile in a more psycho smug smile while LIIs smile more like a stoned amused smile, SFs smile seems to vary from person to person, the SEI-Si are the only one's that don't smile as much
    Last edited by coin; 08-14-2021 at 05:24 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    Delta, and Beta to a lesser extent: people from the US who constantly reference their ethnic heritage and randomly throw in spanish/italian/yiddish/etc. words into a conversation. I come from an immigrant background myself and speak spanish exclusively at home but i don't allude to it often and realize that I have little in common with someone who's lived in the Dominican Republic their entire lives
    Off the top of my head, I can think of an ILI who did this — she’s a 3rd generation Mexican who doesn’t really speak Spanish (though studied it in college). I think it has more to do with a lack of national pride — people want to fit in, and when you have so many mainstream voices like the morons behind the 1619 project pushing narratives like “the history of America is nothing but the history racism/sexism/-ism” people try to find other methods of gaining self-respect and a feeling of connection with a proud past. Also, with the current political climate, virtually any other ethnic heritage is seen as less “problematic” than WASPdom.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coin View Post
    alphas smile so much it actually starts bothering me after a while. They smile as they talk, as they listen, as they go about their day, even if they aren't smiling physically it's like they're smiling with their words it's hard to describe. ILEs smile in a more psycho smug smile while LIIs smile more like a stoned amused smile, SFs smile seems to vary from person to person, the SEI-Si are the only one's that don't smile as much
    : )

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

if you're on the road, you can tell people's quadras/types by the way they drive. if they are driving a big dumbass truck and speeding no matter how fast the traffic around them is going or weaving in and out of traffic, they're se. if not, they are si. If their driving sucks because they are on the phone or leaned back in their chair not paying attention, I feel like that's also Se but you could argue that's just merry extraverts.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    if you're on the road, you can tell people's quadras/types by the way they drive. if they are driving a big dumbass truck and speeding no matter how fast the traffic around them is going or weaving in and out of traffic, they're se. if not, they are si. If their driving sucks because they are on the phone or leaned back in their chair not paying attention, I feel like that's also Se but you could argue that's just merry extraverts.
    How can someone possibly drive without weaving around the obnoxious drivers?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    : )
    I think we should demand a worldwide 14 o'clock smile hour for every weekday.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta types seem to want or already have a large garden where they grow their own produce.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta types seem to want or already have a large garden where they grow their own produce.
    Yeah. I'm working on it.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is one of those dreams that at this point in my life, I’m too lazy to make a reality. I also want a chicken coop.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve noticed a lot of Alphas with a competitive edge.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Gammas are way more community-minded than they are given credit for.

Meaning they value fairness and social justice usually, in some way or another.

I think Yanis Varoufakis is a good representative of Gamma-type values.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    oh my, from this my LII little bro would be Se. he treats driving as a Ti-Ni game. tries to modulate his speed and time his moves into clever, methodical perfection. oh and he loves the accelerator. scares the hell out of me on highways cause i can tell he's intellectualizing it too much and not quite accounting for the reality of the situation. he has his license, but needs more practice IMO