Thread: Default Brian Peter George St. John le Baptiste de la Salle Eno (Brian Eno)

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Default Brian Peter George St. John le Baptiste de la Salle Eno (Brian Eno)

I may have started a thread on him before, but I thought it would be amusing to name a thread in the style of @HERO.

I thought LII before, years ago...I've also heard suggestions of ILI, EII, and SLI from at least three different people.

I had the impression that SLI would be problematic if Bryan Ferry's type was taken into consideration...even though I don't actually having a strong opinion on Ferry's type, and even though Eno DID leave after a number of years.

An absolutely fascinating individual in any case!
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 02-19-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EII E5-4 area

- evident rational VI (IJ); I could see why some may think LII , but maybe creative subtype

It's never occurred to me he can be anything but Fi, since he looks eerily similar to a EII I know.
    ESI is not exactly a possibility when looking closer into the way he thinks :

“I’ve always thought that art is a lie, an interesting lie. And I’ll sort of listen to the ‘lie’ and try to imagine the world which makes that lie true… what that world must be like, and what would have to happen for us to get from this world to that one.”

“If you say that meaning and value — they’re rather similar terms in the way I’m using them — are generated by a process, then you can also say, that process can stop. For instance, Duchamp’s urinal, the famous piece, I’m sure was a very important work of art in 1914, and it is now not: this is my opinion. It has only a historical position in the chain of how things came into being. It doesn’t live now.”

“The idea is to produce things that are as strange and mysterious to you as the first music you ever heard.”

“As soon as I hear a sound it always suggests a mood to me.”
    (this one is just for Fi )

http://flavorwire.com/391693/65-immo...-65th-birthday

I only like his music sporadically , but I'm sure it's just the genre (I can't tolerate ambient too often). You can tell he's good enough as an artist independent of my taste.
    Last edited by Amber; 01-14-2015 at 05:52 PM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I am currently persuaded by the EII suggestion. He is too rational (in Socionics terms) and deliberate to be ILI, and perhaps too non-linear in his approach to creating aural and visual art to be LII > EII, and yet he always utilises some system even when it is introducing a chaotic element. His political activism and his philosophical outlook is always shrewdly rational, and yet he always makes it clear that the human element is of primary importance.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XII possibly. Inclined to think he's ethical actually.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is an intuitive type without a doubt. I saw some random interviews with him. If XII then LII, because he use and values . -PoLR, maybe.
    He has ethical values, but I doubt -ego.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny, I've been listening to his music (and his contributions to other's music) for 30 years now, but I don't think I have ever heard him speak.

Anyway, now that I have seen some of his interviews, I'm inclined to say EII: his body language betrays a natural and relaxed capability for empathy (i.e. of putting yourself in someone else's shoes and consider their perspective), which I think does not come natural for LIIs. They can do it, but in a rational, stifled fashion. Eno already seemed to haver this quality in his younger years, judging from videos.

Funny that this has come up, I just introduced my GF to his Music for Airports last Monday evening...
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My take on this: Brian Eno is a E5 sp-last. The combination of EII and E5 is unlikely.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO, enneagram altogether is unlikely.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems Delta or Alpha to me.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read a book about Talking Heads several years ago. The sections on Eno were interesting. Apparently he was quite the ladies' man, despite the reserved demeanor. He allegedly tried to pick up bassist Tina Weymouth's sister.

I also seem to remember an interview where he said one of the reasons there was friction with Bryan Ferry in Roxy Music was because of competition for females. When asked if he got more girls than Ferry, he just replied "yes" very point blank (Ferry strikes me as the type who plays at being a Don Juan but is probably more insecure and shy in his dealings with women). Good stuff, and I wish I could find that one.

Not that one's propensity for success with the opposite sex has any bearing on type, but interesting nonetheless.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He also strikes me as a type 5, and Ne/Si valuing.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian Eno – LII E5 – basend on following lecture he gave.

Introduction speech takes about 7 minutes, feel free to skip it...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LIE

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xIE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb EIE

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I can see why people would think EIE although he does not seem like an obvious extrovert.

He has always had an emphasis on following some systematic process or organised chaos (my previous thoughts):
    Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I am currently persuaded by the EII suggestion. He is too rational (in Socionics terms) and deliberate to be ILI, and perhaps too non-linear in his approach to creating aural and visual art to be LII > EII, and yet he always utilises some system even when it is introducing a chaotic element. His political activism and his philosophical outlook is always shrewdly rational, and yet he always makes it clear that the human element is of primary importance.
    It is difficult for me to see him valuing or having a -HA - I say that despite being highly disillusioned with Model A and Socionics generally.