Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Harry Potter

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Playing With Fire View Post
    The movies are vastly different in terms of character representation though, Snape is ILI in the films for example. It's like Marvel.
    oh I see, dat ILI image, well it is the EII benefactor so it makes sense if they wanted to distill him down into his most hyped up aspects

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long time since i read the books, anyways....

Harry - ESI
    Ron - SEI-Fe
    Hermione - LIE-Ni
    Ginny - SEE
    Lockhart - ESE
    Tonks - IEE
    Slughorn - SLI
    Molly - ESE
    Arthur - ILE-Ti
    Moody - LSI
    McGonagall - LSE
    Umbridge - SEE or ESE?
    Malfoy - EIE
    Lupin - EII
    Hagrid - ESE-Si
    Luna - LII-Ne
    Weasley twins - ILE-Ne
    Bellatrix - EIE?
    Sirius Black - SLE
    Voldemort - IEI-Fe
    Neville - SEI-Si
    Dumbledore - IEI-Fe
    Snape - ILI

TIM
    ILI-Ni, 5w6 sp/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harry - ESI

Ron - SEE

Hermione - LIE

Draco - SLE

Snape - ESI

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good bye

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i'm rereading the series with my brother so it'll take a while before i'm capable of typing anybody, but why is nearly everyone typing harry ESI

i don't think lily was rowling's personification of herself. if anything, rowling would've channeled her own experience as a mother into her characterization of lily, but that's not the same as basing the character on herself, because she may have channeled a similar part of herself into molly weasley, or any other notable mother in the hp series. she's compared herself to hermione (read: subteigh's post) which is a comparison one of her old school teachers independently made himself (which is a source i'll retrieve by the next time i post on this thread) but i've always thought this was interesting because there's an implicit comparison between herself and dumbledore (and hermione) at least in the two of them being a vessel for her more personal thoughts:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude I read these stories like 20 years ago, I hardly remember them at this point. I was living in a government home for troubled youth at the time so Harry was me..I see now that Harry is every boy and girl, which is where the commercial success is situated. Rowling seems ethical and humanistic so whatever you want to draw from that.

These are books for children.

Gamma quadra seems off, I don't type most characters in the books gamma, including Harry. I think people were comparing Harry with Katniss because he was heroic, yet also blind-sided frequently, which is a ESI thing..?

TIM
    ESI 693 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harry shows Fi and Se so I can see him being ESI. I also got sorted into Gryffindor and that house seems quite Gamma (and Beta).

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm kind of wondering Harry's ESI typing as well. Anyways I have not read any of the stuff and I have only watched almost one movie entirely.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never liked Harry Potter's character, I've always thought he had no personality. It's a great example of how to defy Socionics, I wouldn't type him as Fi dominant either, especially ESI, but he's not even a SEE for what I make of it, although he definitely values Se and Fi. He shows great elements of Ni as well, and some Si is there as well, especially throughout the book, while T seems to be lacking. He could be a SiFe maybe? But then... what about Se and Fi?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I typed Harry as ESI-Se earlier, but in the books he seemed LSI-Se at times.

Either way, I used to have a huge crush on him as a kid.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    I've never liked Harry Potter's character, I've always thought he had no personality.
    Im feeling you on this. I feel like in a lot of ways he's meant to be more of a template for the reader to insert themselves; a "silent protagonist" in the medium of literature rather than gaming, which the reader uses to relate to and connect with the more extreme and colorful personalities around them (especially the contrasting temperaments of Ron and Hermione).

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah Mio, I guess the same, and I've actually read that same idea from @timber if I'm not wrong, that Harry is meant to be everyone... it makes sense because it would be hard to relate to a character that is too circumscribed and risk to have nothing in common with its readers. Add to that that it's a coming to age story, so Harry absorbs the events and grows through the books, while the other carachters give the sort of elements and the limits in which Harry's personality can shape itself... It's actually damn insightful and true for ourselves too, it's hard to access ourselves without the relationship with the people around us, with what's the world we're in, we're always growing and shaping ourselves to people and circumstances. Harry is our eyes, or ourselves, if we were living those same situations... you just gotta enjoy that world and let yourself do all the crazy things Harry does.

Bonus points to JK.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    i'm rereading the series with my brother so it'll take a while before i'm capable of typing anybody, but why is nearly everyone typing harry ESI

i don't think lily was rowling's personification of herself. if anything, rowling would've channeled her own experience as a mother into her characterization of lily, but that's not the same as basing the character on herself, because she may have channeled a similar part of herself into molly weasley, or any other notable mother in the hp series. she's compared herself to hermione (read: subteigh's post) which is a comparison one of her old school teachers independently made himself (which is a source i'll retrieve by the next time i post on this thread) but i've always thought this was interesting because there's an implicit comparison between herself and dumbledore (and hermione) at least in the two of them being a vessel for her more personal thoughts:

Luna lovegood was rowlings personification of herself in the books. I'd type her IEI 9w1. That or EII 4w5 im still not sure

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

But yeah harry being ESI seems not right. Pretty sure he was a logical type. He also seems like an anger type. Either 9 8 or 1. Hermione was defo a 1w2 and ron is a 6w7. I think harry mightve been an 8 but not sure. Ive been looking around online recently and i see him being typed 9w8.
    Maybe LSI 9w8 makes sense.
    Hermione i think is LSE 1w2
    Voldemort is EIE 3w4
    Dumbledore maybe SEI 9w8
    Malfoy is tricky. I think he might be a 3w4 also EIE maybe, like voldemort. If not that then a 6w5
    Arthur and molly seem like LII-Ne 5w6 and ESE-Si 2w1 to me
    Snape is an SLI 1w9 i think
    Sirius black is 7w8 SLE like James
    Umbridge is LSE 1 like hermione
    Ron is a difficult one...
    Maybe SEI?
    The weasly twins are ILE 7w6s
    Mad eye moody is 6w5 SLI
    Bellatrix is 3w4 SEE
    Ginny is 7w8 SLE
    Hagrid is either a 9 or a 2. Probably 2. Alpha SF
    Last edited by Number 9 large; 07-12-2018 at 04:19 PM.

TIM
    enneagram 1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we can see in some typing that there is still people enough ignorant to confuse MBTI's definitions of functions and socionic's, despite it is two different system that are separated by miles.

Harry is EII he have Se vulnerable outburst and his mainly interested by his relations with his firends (Fi)

Hermione is a rationall Fi/Te valuing sensor. so she is ESI or LSE. her ability to lead the group and her goal oriented attitude made me lean to ESI, she seem to show Ne porl rather than Si porl.

Ron Weasley could easely be a Fi vulnerable . he incapicity to see hermione's emotionnal needs and his blunt insensitivity fit with it. SLE rather than ILE, he is too interested by conquer and achieve rather than pursuing his curiosity(Ne).

Dumbledore is an NF (probably a beta, his participation to grindelwald's ideology seem indicate Beta over Delta.)Fe could work with his ability of making jokes and how he bring a positive atmosphere.
    Ni with his metaphoric . probably EIE (not a T vulnerable)

Snape is an LSI: rigid, bossy, uncompromising, wanted to belong to a side who make him feel powerful. his relation with Harry seem to indicate Ne porl.

tom Jedusor seem an LIE: creative, witty, good seller but in Voldemort he seem more SLE.

Luna is ILI: Ni inner world with Te desire of understanding how things works.

Neville: ESI

Malefoy: EIE

Ginny: SEE

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harry: ESI

Ron: SEE

Hermione: LSE. Her Ni polr so obvious

Ginny: Se lead

Luna: Could be IEI. Hermione's conflictor

Neville: EII

Snape: LSI or ILI

Dumb: LSI or IEI

Moody: LSE

Arthur and Molly: LII Ne/ILE an ESE.

Lupin and Tonk: SLI and IEE

Voldy: mix between EIE and SLE

Bellatrix: SEE

Malfoy: EIE
    Last edited by Tarnished; 02-08-2022 at 03:51 AM.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The following typings are based on the movies characters not the Novels. (Use the translation option)

Now, this is propre typing guys. I really like that lady (Iya Tamarova). You see, to me a typing is valid if it is well substantiated. We can disagree with her typings but at least they don't seem aleatory almost arbitrary like most typology aficionados do. Her typings are well thought and she is in control of what she is doing. Most typology enthousiast don't even know what to look for in the first place while they are typing. A typing must be structurally substantiated, one has to justify the placement of each IEs pairs in their respective slot and block . One has to demonstrate through the typings a certain mastery and consistency in term of matching people (fictional or real) to some characteristic markers of types that differentiate them from one another. One has to make abstraction of what is said and focus and how it is said because in typing the process takes precedence over the content , likewise what people do takes precedence over what they say.

Unfortunately, and without even talking about the cacophony induced by the different school of socionics and their respective aficionados who in most cases don't even tell in which team they play and behave as if everybody was on that same team as theirs, typing is not as easy as it might seem. Indeed, most typists apprentice don't even think about differentiating between information stemming from the mental ring and the vital ring. Most people don't even think about differentiating information that pertain to static or dynamic aspects. My typing skills are not very sharp, but I watch and I learn. I wish we had more of those kind of video analysis, I think those are the very nitty-gritty of socionics. Practice, practice, practice !!!

Anyways, Here are her typings :

She made a difference in types between the Albus Dumbledore portrayed by actors Richard Harris and Michael Gambon and called them Dumbledore 1 and 2 respectively. (She could have named the Jude Law version Dumbledore 3 but I digress !).

Dumbledore 1 : Robespierre / LII (1:35)

Dumbledore 2 : Don Quixote / ILE (6:17)

Rubeus Hagrid : Gabin / SLI (13:51) (Note, she said that he is very similar to Shrek whom she typed SLI too)

Voldemort : Hamlet / EIE (21:32)

Bonnus :

Gilderoy Lockhart : Huxley / IEE (33:28)

Luna Lovegood : Dostoyevski / EII (34:04)

Remus Lupin : Dreiser / ESI ( 34:37)

P.S. I suspect that the video might be striked by Youtube because of Music CopyRights usage bla bla...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234