Thread: Delta: what's your social scene and partying style

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta: what's your social scene and partying style

Have you ever been to a Delta Party? What kind of parties (if any do you go to?) What kind of gatherings are you to be found at and what is your style of mixing?
    I hang around lots of different types not just Delta. I used to try to have parties but it doesnt work out I get very discouraged and want to give up, plus I hardly ever have as much fun. Usually when its time for a party I find a good J type to put it on ( particularly ENFJ or ESFJ and even ESTJ )
    Even when I have people over for dinner its a mixed bag. I will usually bounce from one small group over here and then talk with some over there. Sometimes the discussion Im in gets so animated other groups will stop and join in.
    It really depends on the mix what kind of party it will be. I always try to support the host in getting everyone to feel comfortable because I appreciate being invited and I hate the responsibility of throwing one myself.
    How about you? Whats your social scene?

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Re: DELTA PARTY

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Have you ever been to a Delta Party? What kind of parties (if any do you go to?) What kind of gatherings are you to be found at and what is your style of mixing?
    I hang around lots of different types not just Delta. I used to try to have parties but it doesnt work out I get very discouraged and want to give up, plus I hardly ever have as much fun. Usually when its time for a party I find a good J type to put it on ( particularly ENFJ or ESFJ and even ESTJ )
    Even when I have people over for dinner its a mixed bag. I will usually bounce from one small group over here and then talk with some over there. Sometimes the discussion Im in gets so animated other groups will stop and join in.
    It really depends on the mix what kind of party it will be. I always try to support the host in getting everyone to feel comfortable because I appreciate being invited and I hate the responsibility of throwing one myself.
    How about you? Whats your social scene?
    The only reason I like parties is for socializing, other than that it can be quite a waste of time in my opinion. Even after a while of socializing, I feel that I have to recharge. Though, parties are fun overall especially when you are discussing something interesting or just acting foolish. I prefer to avoid alcohol/drugs completely, since I feel that my inhibitions are naturally reduced to zero anyways.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*crashes the party*

Who wants a drink? I've got stuff to make Mai Tais, Rum Runners, Smith and Kearns, a variety of coffee drinks, and your mom.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: DELTA PARTY

Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    I hang around lots of different types not just Delta. I used to try to have parties but it doesnt work out I get very discouraged and want to give up, plus I hardly ever have as much fun. ... Even when I have people over for dinner its a mixed bag. I will usually bounce from one small group over here and then talk with some over there. Sometimes the discussion Im in gets so animated other groups will stop and join in.
    It really depends on the mix what kind of party it will be. I always try to support the host in getting everyone to feel comfortable ...
    The only reason I like parties is for socializing, other than that it can be quite a waste of time in my opinion. Even after a while of socializing, I feel that I have to recharge. Though, parties are fun overall especially when you are discussing something interesting or just acting foolish. I prefer to avoid alcohol/drugs completely...
    I left in all the stuff that apply to me. Saves time. Hiya, identicals. *gives small wave*

EDITED TO ADD: @Joy: hey, thanks. I'll have a latte macchiato with amaretto.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like going to parties, but as said before really just to socialize.

I get a bit stressed throwing parties but I always am glad I did it.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i believe it is a colloquialism meaning "to do" as in definition number dos aqui. it can mean "to kill someone" (imagine a mafia leader from the 50s saying, "Jus' make 'im" or some such) which is connected to the "to do" definition which I assume is how the sexual variant attained ontological significance. you are very welcome for the . forgive me for any force fed

: D

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    i believe it is a colloquialism meaning "to do" as in definition number dos aqui. it can mean "to kill someone" (imagine a mafia leader from the 50s saying, "Jus' make 'im" or some such) which is connected to the "to do" definition which I assume is how the sexual variant attained ontological significance. you are very welcome for the . forgive me for any force fed

: D
    Ah. Thanks. "...attained ontological significance" - very neat. I'll look up what Ti is so I can tell if I've been forcefed some.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I do go to a party I usually stick to the people I know unless im formally introduced to someone. The parties im most comfortable at are the ones that involve food and board games. Please,everyone, go and buy the board game Quelf. Its publicly humiliating but it sure is an ice breaker. Also movie parties where we watch lots of movie triologies and tv episodes. Or just taking a walk around town at night for literally no reason. This probs didnt answer the question. Basically, this is the kind of stuff I like to do with groups of people. So technically its a party?

TIM
    ENFp-IEE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like parties with people who share my same values. I'm not a fan of big, loud screaming gatherings with a whole bunch of strangers, either. I hate that. I need at least two close friends or like five or six somewhat friends in order to feel comfortable going to a party. I love gatherings with small groups of people where there isn't any sort of person trying to lead people in doing things. I like parties where there are options, e.g. Swimming in the pool outback, movie in the theater room, board games/party games going on in the main room, people just talking and dancing to music on the back patio, but nothing too crazy. I'm a Mormon, so anything with alcohol is an instant turn off too, no offense to anyone- I just like my values and I've been around too many people who have tried to make me compromise them and I won't have it haha. Overall I would so much rather prefer just to have a small, intimate gathering with friends I love than a giant bash. Kinda weird to hear a college student say that, huh? Haha

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

R.I.P. Raver
    TIM
    ENFP 7W8
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    Reminds me of the Justin Bieber Nikki Minaj song WOOO! We're gonna party is like 2012 tonight!
    I know I joined a while ago, but I'm really a newbie, so cut me some slack. I know the MBTI?

Check Out My Youtube:
    http://youtube.com/c/learningreadefined

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If there are fun, interesting people and booze, I'm there. Parties I really try to avoid are any sort of family party (like a family cookout, especially other people's families--yikes!), superbowl/sports parties, and just general gatherings where people bring food because they know each other, but there's no excitement or anything engaging going on.

As far as social scene, small groups of people I already know and like with some adventures thrown in. Could be shopping, could be bar-hopping, could be finding a spot outside and telling ghost stories. It just has to be better than staying home, alone, and watching Netflix. Which doesn't sound hard to beat but it kind of is.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I love family around. My cousins throw a lot of home parties. I too have traditions like "pancake breakfast" where every year I invite friends and friends of friends and family to have breakfast at my place and go hiking afterwards. These are falila family love. Love though is about welcoming people too so extensions are welcome. I often have Thanksgiving dinner at my place.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    My LSE brother's favorite Weird Al parody.

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaein View Post
    Please,everyone, go and buy the board game Quelf. Its publicly humiliating but it sure is an ice breaker
    A friend suggested a board game meeting so we might just try it; thanks for the rec!

Quote Originally Posted by Emmym View Post
    If there are fun, interesting people and booze, I'm there.
    I was beginning to feel like a sore thumb because I used to enjoy clubbing a lot, especially when the music was "right", which at the time meant cold wave, synthpop, and the like. I would drink and dance and talk over pretentious stuff that seemed essential, rinse & repeat. Perhaps it didn't come naturally to me but I was heavily influenced by an SEI BFF and in the end partying grew on me.
    These days I'm more likely to be found seeping wine with a friend, eating something I cooked and watching movies. It's lovely but I do miss the crazy. It wasn't all that long ago.
    I call myself batyote and I fight crime at night.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I LOVE to plan/host/attend parties with 10 to 15 people, especially when it revolves around an activity/event- snowboarding, birthday, ugly sweater party, etc. Those tend to take the pressure off ensuring every one is mixing and socializing well.

But I think the best parties are vacation parties, where you rent a place with friends. Weekends in cabins or somewhere out of state really bring out the spirit of adventure in me and my SLI. They tend to be the most memorable while also drawing friends closer together. Plus, willingness to travel together seems like a "level up" in friendship.

I'm not much for parties that are big and full of people I don't know. I can handle myself for awhile, but then I get overwhelmed. I don't mind meeting new people in smaller parties, but small talk over big crowds wears me out after awhile.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    I LOVE to plan/host/attend parties with 10 to 15 people, especially when it revolves around an activity/event- snowboarding, birthday, ugly sweater party, etc. Those tend to take the pressure off ensuring every one is mixing and socializing well.

But I think the best parties are vacation parties, where you rent a place with friends. Weekends in cabins or somewhere out of state really bring out the spirit of adventure in me and my SLI. They tend to be the most memorable while also drawing friends closer together. Plus, willingness to travel together seems like a "level up" in friendship.

I'm not much for parties that are big and full of people I don't know. I can handle myself for awhile, but then I get overwhelmed. I don't mind meeting new people in smaller parties, but small talk over big crowds wears me out after awhile.
    I love these
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malna View Post
    A friend suggested a board game meeting so we might just try it; thanks for the rec!

I was beginning to feel like a sore thumb because I used to enjoy clubbing a lot, especially when the music was "right", which at the time meant cold wave, synthpop, and the like. I would drink and dance and talk over pretentious stuff that seemed essential, rinse & repeat. Perhaps it didn't come naturally to me but I was heavily influenced by an SEI BFF and in the end partying grew on me.
    These days I'm more likely to be found seeping wine with a friend, eating something I cooked and watching movies. It's lovely but I do miss the crazy. It wasn't all that long ago.
    Aww. I don't know, I miss having a social life but I can sort of relate. I like having lots of time for myself, too. But I can get depressed if I spend too much time just working and hanging out alone. Even introverts need friends.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Willyum Take4 View Post
    Now that I think about it, perhaps SLI/IEE/EII are all better at 'relaxing' than LSE
    Whenever I see an LSE relaxing, I take a picture.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    Whenever I see an LSE relaxing, I take a picture.
    Hahaha. They find an hour before bed
    -

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not really a big party person, and they can be draining if long but I do enjoy them if close friends are there. I would be reluctant to go if it were mostly strangers. If there are people I'm familiar with, I'll come out of my shell, and be more willing to talk to mutual friends and new people. I'll warm up, and enjoy it if there are people with common interests, or a common sense of humor.

They are also enjoyable experiences if we can have conversations about a common interest that I can go on and on about. It's rare that I get to this point though, because I'm more of a listener in social settings.

I do like it if board games are involved, with the familiar people. I stick with those who I know, at a party where I barely know anyone, I'm awkward and quiet most of the time. I also not one for dancing unless close friends are there.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like going to jazz clubs and events my church has. Hardcore like rave stuff or dance clubs are not my jam, I like things laid back unless it's a rock or metal concert to which you'll find me in the heart of a mosh pit but those are rare occasions lol

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I prefer spending my time alone. I've been to parties before, but I didn't really fit in there.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loud crowds, bars, etc are exhausting and I usually end up gravitating to one or two people anyways. Shows are different, concerts are great but not a fan of moshing at all. It's more about feeling the music and then discussing it afterwards. I prefer "parties" that are more like...just hanging out with a small group of friends. Someone else mentioned board games, & while I'm not one to bring them or be invested in choosing which ones are brought out, I always have fun playing them. A little alcohol or weed (where it's legal) and a movie is good, too.