Page 156 of 163 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,240 of 6486

Thread: Delta Lounge

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Well, I was a bit wrong there. Once, and only once, my mother (LSE) and father (SLI) were talking about a party they were at when they were first dating, and she said to my father, "Bill (a mutual acquaintance) was drunk and came up to me and told me he was going to steal me away from you." The disdain in her voice and the ludicrousness of Bill's words were obvious even to my young ears. It was pretty obvious to me that no one was going to tell my mother to do anything. She made up her own mind. My father didn't say anything, as usual.

The two of them formed an impregnable bond against the rest of the world. They are still together.
    I remember this story actually lol. But it still wasn't about an ex or anything.

Also the bold sounds very delta.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a really good chance that you are overthinking this.

Te-doms are not that tuned in to their feelings. And LSE's tend to react to what is in front of them. Loosen up, tell her some jokes, and I think you will find that everything is as it was before, except maybe she harbors some resentment towards her ex, which she probably won't admit.

Because she's thinking....damn, another relationship failure. She must suck at this stuff.
    Seems you were right. Last time I spoke to her everything seemed normal.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    The only way I can think to "repair" the relations is through Ne, which is what the relationship revolved around anyway. Some moments of Fi but it was not the theme, it was more like Ne created more Fi fondness.
    Ne just perceives endless possibilities.

If you love her show her your love and if she sees how much you love her she will submit to that love. End of story.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Seems you were right. Last time I spoke to her everything seemed normal.
    If you want a relationship with her, just hang around her as much as possible. Be presentable, respectable, and funny. Show up a lot. You will have to be the one seeking her out for help, conversations, after-work parties, whatever.
    After a while (maybe six months, maybe a year), she will ask you "Where is this going?" That's when you need to have the "exclusive" conversation. Alternately, she might simply give you an ultimatum (which kind of reveals her Fi-vulnerability): "Agree to marry me now or I will never ask you again." So you should be pretty clear on your intentions.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Ne just perceives endless possibilities.

If you love her show her your love and if she sees how much you love her she will submit to that love. End of story.
    Uh, I don't love her. I just like her lol. I don't know her enough to love her.

And idk if that's true because one time she asked me to come see her at work, when I got some free time I went to go see her and she said "awww" in a sort of "that's cute but look too eager" kind of way.

Ne comes up with a bunch of jokes and funny unpredictable antics that make work less boring and makes her like being around me. It's like the big kid inside me can come out and she for some reason appreciates that.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Uh, I don't love her. I just like her lol. I don't know her enough to love her.

And idk if that's true because one time she asked me to come see her at work, when I got some free time I went to go see her and she said "awww" in a sort of "that's cute but look too eager" kind of way.

Ne comes up with a bunch of jokes and funny unpredictable antics that make work less boring and makes her like being around me. It's like the big kid inside me can come out and she for some reason appreciates that.
    I don’t pretend to know what goes on inside an LSE’s head, but I don’t think “submitting to love” is in there at all. I think it is more like, “It is time for me to get married and become a fully respectable citizen. This guy meets most of my requirements and doesn’t get on my nerves too much. I think he can get with my program. I will ask him.” Basically, she has to make that decision and see how you are going to help her meet her life goals.

As for her appreciating the big kid inside of you, I think all Caregivers do this. I’ve seen it time and again. A female SLI at work was very properly and businessy working on her computer and her LII boss came up to talk to her about her mathematical atmospheric models. There was no chair next to her desk, so he grabbed a big blue inflatable exercise ball and sat bouncing on that, and she practically wet herself watching him. It both pissed me off* and made me realize the gulf between Caregiver-Infantile and Aggressor-Victim axis’.

*I secretly like and admire her because she is my Socionics Supervisor, but she never looks at me the way she looked at him. She is also a near clone of my ex-wife (except she's Iranian instead of Prussian), and watching her give her full, fascinated attention to the LII made me realize in a flash what went wrong with my marriage: I'm not a little kid, and I never act like one. Talk about your projects that were doomed to fail from the start because someone didn't do their homework.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-28-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t pretend to know what goes on inside an LSE’s head, but I don’t think “submitting to love” is in there at all. I think it is more like, “It is time for me to get married and become a fully respectable citizen. This guy meets most of my requirements and doesn’t get on my nerves too much. I think he can get with my program. I will ask him.” Basically, she has to make that decision and see how you are going to help her meet her life goals.

As for her appreciating the big kid inside of you, I think all Caregivers do this. I’ve seen it time and again. A female SLI at work was very properly and businessy working on her computer and her LII boss came up to talk to her about her mathematical atmospheric models. There was no chair next to her desk, so he grabbed a big blue inflatable exercise ball and sat bouncing on that, and she practically wet herself watching him. It both pissed me off* and made me realize the gulf between Caregiver-Infantile and Aggressor-Victim axis’.

*I secretly like and admire her because she is my Socionics Supervisor, but she never looks at me the way she looked at him. She is also a near clone of my ex-wife (except she's Iranian instead of Prussian), and watching her give her full, fascinated attention to the LII made me realize in a flash what went wrong with my marriage: I'm not a little kid, and I never act like one. Talk about your projects that were doomed to fail from the start because someone didn't do their homework.
    Should have went over their with a pair of scissors and just poked a hole in the ball lol.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 10-29-2019 at 07:15 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They want love.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Should have went over their with a pair of scissors and just poked a hole in the ball lol.
    You don’t do Fi- “ When encountering people who are disadvantaged, outcast, unhappy, or weak she experiences a desire to emotionally support them and console them. ”

I see that something is troubling you. I’m here for you if you need to talk.
    -

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree on all of this. I'm often hesitant to do something, but then when I push myself and do it, I feel pretty good and it DOES bring about Ni thinking. It also bring about a lot of hope and inspiration for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    what works for me, I would definitely see it not working for everyone else. when I engage in Se it's really draining, it's the result of me being "fed up" by the circumstances and people around me, but after the Se release, I always realize I needed that.. it gives me many Ni "aha" moments, makes me think " if only I could have done this in the proper time!". esprit de l'escalier.

if you can step out of socionics' fixed mentality for a sec, I'm sure that engaging in activities that you don't normally consider would be really beneficial for your growth.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don’t do Fi- “ When encountering people who are disadvantaged, outcast, unhappy, or weak she experiences a desire to emotionally support them and console them. ”

I see that something is troubling you. I’m here for you if you need to talk.
    Because I made a joke? Damn I must not have Fi then.

No but seriously, I mean how do you get that I don't do what's in those quotes from that single statement?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Because I made a joke? Damn I must not have Fi then.

No but seriously, I mean how do you get that I don't do what's in those quotes from that single statement?
    No go up to her and ask her how might you be of service. Tell her demonstrate your her that you are willing to take the time to sit with her and speak with her about her troubles
    -

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No go up to her and ask her how might you be of service. Tell her demonstrate your her that you are willing to take the time to sit with her and speak with her about her troubles
    Oh I see what your saying now. I would love to help someone through their struggles but idk, I feel like getting in someone's business might idk make them feel awkward or something. That's why I asked if asking her what happened with her break up was ok, but if it's not I don't wanna ask questions that make someone feel weird.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Oh I see what your saying now. I would love to help someone through their struggles but idk, I feel like getting in someone's business might idk make them feel awkward or something. That's why I asked if asking her what happened with her break up was ok, but if it's not I don't wanna ask questions that make someone feel weird.
    Well now I would say “if you want it, find a way (Ne)”
    -

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well now I would say “if you want it, find a way (Ne)”
    Yea I know -_-.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I'm gonna write this down while it's fresh since it just happened.

I was able to go out with the LSE girl outside of work. We went to a halloween night event. I had to sort of force it to happen.

Brief version : LSE definitely confirmed, and very standard by the book dual encounter. And both Beautiful Sky and Adam Strange are right. About LSE wanting love and also needing to be approached for going out and all that. I went expecting to leave with butterflies in my stomach, I left feeling like a counselor.

Ok full version:

I message and ask this girl if she's going to the halloween event and after being anxious for about an hour and a half she finally gets back to me and tells me yea. I just invite myself to go with her and ask her what time she'll be there and after another anxious hour she tells me she just arrived. So I rush over to the place which is on the other side of town, get there only to find out parking is through the roof, I tell the guy I'm gonna just leave and exit the event, but end up sneaking into parking anyway because I can't turn around and go home after making it this far, I didn't even know this girl was gonna hit me back and she did, there's no way. I finally meet up with her and she's there with her mom and a friend. I figured she'd at least have her mom and an extra person, come to find out the friend is, if I had to guess her type based off tonight, an EII-Fi, and the mom is probably EIE-Fe, Fe dom for sure. Or just an Fe super charged ILE, idk.

So we are off on our way to the attractions, and this girl just confirms how LSE she is, she literally spends time most of the way towards attractions planning out a route on her phone to get the the next ride with the shortest wait time. She's walking out front leading the whole way, and me her friend and mom are following her around as she plans these routes. She picked attractions to go to that had the shortest wait time instead of which attractions were best. On top of that, I came dressed like I was going to see a girl but go to a theme park at the same time, so a little nice but casual at the same time. She came dressed appropriate for the weather, it was hot, she had a baseball cap on, shorts, a white tee shirt, a fanny pack with all her stuff in, and athletic walking sneakers, claiming it's too hot to be wearing make up and all that stuff, and that I should have know how the weather was gonna be.

Most of the time we did not talk a whole lot, she spent time leading routes to attractions and chatting with her friend and mom, and making the occasional comment to me. The WHOLE time I was so in my head, trying to figure out how to fit in her little group, make the group accept me, warm up to me, feeling like maybe they are asking "Why is he here?" just overthinking the whole thing, while also making some jokey comment here and there like a try hard that wants to be liked . When we went to the attractions it was fun, but on the way to each one I had my own little torment going on, worried about us not talking enough and how to get the approval of her friend and mom. Practically went on a date with the mom the whole night.

The last attraction was a roller coaster. She wanted to go and asked me if I was up for it, hell yes, but her mom and friend were not up for it. So her mom told her she'd stay with the friend and hold our stuff while we went on it. YES! Finally. Just us two doing something. The wait is about 35 mins before we get on the ride. The whole time we were in line our interaction was so by the book socionics it's not even funny. First thing we talk about is how she invited a friend to do this a few days before with her, and that friend never showed up, so she cut them off, blocked them, all that. I react like damn that's harsh and she starts saying that she is quick to cut people off who are "fake" and not genuine, and how alot of friends of her's drop like flies. The whole time I'm telling her, damn you should give people a second chance, that's harsh, you'll never have any real friends that way, and she insists she's fine with out them, she doesn't care. Idk if it was a front or not, good wisdom tells me it is but who knows. She even brings up the boyfriend she broke up with for a brief second and says that it was her fault with that special case. The whole time I'm just giving her advice pretty much saying to give people second chances and not cut them off so quick. I ask her how is she ever gonna get a real friend, and she tells me "When someone genuine and real comes along." She tells me she feels the world is not real anymore, people are fake. I ask her if she can tell when people are being genuine and she tells me she can tell when their actions show it. She also tells me she's not really close to anyone. Not even her friend that she brought with her mom today. But she also says she'll probably never cut her off because she's not the type of person that will "ghost" her like other's have. I tell her some parts about my life and my friends and when I brought up some childhood issues she seemed really tuned into what I was saying, but when I spoke about how I have old friends form highschool and I've only ever cut off one person in my life, idk she stopped looking me in the eye and seemed to not be as into what I was saying, congratulating me on my highschool remaining friendships like I was bragging about them. We went on the roller coaster and it was great. Before she leaves I bring up the fact that she's an extrovert, she insists she's an antisocial introvert, yea right, and that her mom is one too, yea right, and then I take a long ride home feeling like I just finished a counseling session lol.

We had a really honest talk really fast, I also realized I went there with really idealistic day dreams of how I wanted things to go, and what happened was I met a real person, not just the pretty face I thought she was at work, but a real person with real problems. I def saw the whole duals balance each other out thing, because most of the issues she brought up felt like, not to sound condescending but, "Why are you having problems with that?" and her view of Fi seems similar and different to my own, more looking up at Fi as some sort of big deal, while for me it's like "duh", not to sound condescending again lol. Anyway, it was a good time, I def got a reality check and the rosey glasses I had of her before are gone, but at least I saw a more real version of her, def saw past the pretty face, not as desperate to pursue her anymore, but still interested in getting to know her more at least.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 11-04-2019 at 12:29 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

11/12/19 I miss my father this morning. For those who don’t know he was SEE type. He used to wake up at 4:45 and make us coffee in the mornings... who does that any more

I
    Get
    So soooo
    Exhausted
    I
    Need
    A
    Break
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 11-12-2019 at 03:10 PM.
    -

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been away from the forum, very preoccupied, with different things, particularly, I have been blessed with a temporary teaching position. Here I am the 4th teacher in 4 years, as the position is challenging.

This I may not get to keep if the tenured person on leave comes back next year as planned. Possibly she won't come back, and possibly if she returns to work in the district she will be assigned a post in her other certification area, and then they will be glad to keep me where I am. That is my hope. But if that doesn't happen, I will have to move on, after all this investment, and start at square one once again. But I am investing myself fully anyway, because I want at least a stellar recommendation from this year, and to get that means pouring my whole self into this as if I am here for good. I am determined to succeed in all ways and that means putting in long hours. And also having, daily, maximum energy all day from beginning to end. Maximizing my daily energy is a project I am working at constantly as well, and I have made heaps of progress. I feel like a new person! And I want to keep that, and keep improving in every possible way. I just ordered a book on red light therapy, just in case my circadian rhythm needs honing (it's already much better, and one reason is I am, til now, never up this late anymore, as I often was when typing here). Besides sleeping well, I just added taking a walk in the sunlight and fresh air after dismissal and before I return to more hours of work in my classroom or indoors at home.

I want to share that today I made a major thought-breakthrough when I realized I have been feeling guilty (because perhaps I feel I am being selfish?) about wanting to be successful. This needs to be addressed because being successful is a my goal. And I didn't realize I had this idea holding me back until today, when I "heard" something Jesus said to Judas iscariot, in the book of a mystic, which I was reading while waiting in a long line at a store. [This is a book from multiple volumes on the life of Jesus, 15,000 pages written by this mystic while she was having visions of the life of Jesus, and these works have been confirmed to be miraculous by historians, astronomers, scientists and medical doctors. These volumes are my treasures, my peace, my joy.]

This realization [of this area of my thought/belief that needed mending], came from the middle of a lot of words and many thoughts that Jesus was saying in a conversation with Judas Iscariot, to calm him down, assure him, guide him. This was in the early days of the Apostleship, when Judas wasn't yet so bad, but was clearly different from the other Apostles. (He was rash, young, impulsive and irritable, to name a few). In the middle of these many words, Jesus said this to him:

"...You want to be the winner. You are anxious to be 'applauded'. Do you not realize that victory is certain when it is conquered by constant, patient, and prudent work?"

It was as if God were highlighting these words just for me. Like a light shined down on them, saying "Look here. See this." A gift for me. The fact that Jesus affirmed that Judas wanted these things assured me God does not say that it is wrong to want it to "win" or to be applauded. If it were, Jesus would have said so. Instead, he tells how it is achieved.

So this will be my new mantra. I am going to write these words out and post them on my desks, and on the dashboard of my car to read on my commute in, and to reflect on when I commute home. When I get anxious about things not done, or things not yet perfect, or if I feel bad about desiring success for myself, I will reject such anxiety and thoughts. Because success is going to be something "conquer" bit by bit, with constancy, patience, and prudence.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope everything turns out well Sky

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    I hope everything turns out well Sky
    It didn’t turn out well. EII have a very difficult time leaving a well established relationship even if the person is abusive because we are lovers...because we want things to work for a long time...because we exhaust every avenue of possibilities to make things work and my friend is locked into that right now
    -

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry to hear that. If she has been with him for a long time, it's definitely understandable, especially if the behavior just started. If he's drinking to the point of abuse without being able to stop, he clearly has a serious issue and is also probably self-medicating for deeper underlying issues, but that is no excuse to allow something as serious as abuse to continue. I hope she gathers the courage to leave if he refuses to stop/change/get help. It may be what she needs to do as a potential catalyst for his getting help.

It didn’t turn out well. EII have a very difficult time leaving a well established relationship even if the person is abusive because we are lovers...because we want things to work for a long time...because we exhaust every avenue of possibilities to make things work and my friend is locked into that right now

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange Continuation of the Impossible Burger + environmental impacts convo: https://www.instagram.com/tv/B7Ra3vrpv9S/ He's a little bit rambly as I don't think this was rehearsed, but he talks a little about some of what I've been learning. Regardless of what you choose to eat, supporting regenerative farming seems like a good way to go, both for the sake of the planet as well as personal health (the foods will be more nutrient-dense).

Aside: I might start a typing thread on him.

He seems like a decent source of health info, particularly as it relates to diet. I'm sure he's wrong about some things (most people are), but he seems like the type of person who really likes learning, and that's a good sign to me. If you want to know more about the latest in longevity, etc., Ben Greenfield is another source, though he's a bit extreme for me. I do like the variety he covers.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    @Adam Strange Continuation of the Impossible Burger + environmental impacts convo: https://www.instagram.com/tv/B7Ra3vrpv9S/ He's a little bit rambly as I don't think this was rehearsed, but he talks a little about some of what I've been learning. Regardless of what you choose to eat, supporting regenerative farming seems like a good way to go, both for the sake of the planet as well as personal health (the foods will be more nutrient-dense).

He seems like a decent source of health info, particularly as it relates to diet. I'm sure he's wrong about some things (most people are), but he seems like the type of person who really likes learning, and that's a good sign to me. If you want to know more about the latest in longevity, etc., Ben Greenfield is another source, though he's a bit extreme for me. I do like the variety he covers.
    Thanks, @Minde. I appreciate your sharing this with me.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister moved in with her cats, and my cat is on the main floor. My kitty, Marceline gets hissy and territorial with the other cats so we have to keep the other two behind a closed door. Once, one of the other cats had tried to steal her food and she hissed. We are hoping to integrate them in the future. I had wanted to spend a lot of time with the other two cats but the thing is, one the door to the upstairs opens, they sneak to the other parts of the house. I know they are just bored with being confined to one part of the house.

I've been making an effort to play with them and hope to do this at least once per day. The other to cats are Maine Coons named Rainbow and Siddhartha. They are large but gentle cats, and almost like longtailed bushytailed bobcats. Despite the fact that they are brothers, the two are very opposite.

Rainbow is very affectionate, emotional, can be energetic, and has trouble adjusting to new places. Siddhartha is more calm, gentle, takes less time to adjust to new places, but he's nervous and reserved around new people. Marcy is tiny compared to the other two cats, which is one reason why she gets nervous.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post

The last few weeks I've been experimenting with some diet stuff. I feel particularly uneasy about how grain carbs (gluten or not) show an impact and affect my general hunger level. I've been looking quite a bit at how insulin affects biochemistry and digestion. The less insulin triggers I have, by far the more stable I am in my energy levels, and the less dependent on constant arrivals of food I feel. The relationship between insulin and fat processing is very interesting. More about that later, perhaps.

WRT the fake meat burgers... I'm kind of surprised when people speak about them like they are much of a salvation, for their own health or the planet. I've seen the charts about how much less resources they use in total, and I guess that is something, but I would agree that 'we won't save the planet by eating fake meat' - at least not this kind of fake meat. I'm curious how lab grown meat would work.

A related topic that people seem averse to deal with is that the capacity of the planet to hold humans is limited. There are parts of reality where yes, eating highly contrived food shouldn't be the right course to take with exponentially growing human population (yes, births are slowing in some areas), or more so, humans who will "live forever". People who think soylent or huel is going to be salvation make me a little uneasy. Yes, the bit about farming and eating as well-sourced food as possible is big. Many things are eating corn and commercial / industrial oils that should simply not be consumed.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss having a cat. Too allergic :/ Maine Coons seem like lovely little beasts
    Quote Originally Posted by Froody Blue Gem View Post
    My sister moved in with her cats, and my cat is on the main floor. My kitty, Marceline gets hissy and territorial with the other cats so we have to keep the other two behind a closed door. Once, one of the other cats had tried to steal her food and she hissed. We are hoping to integrate them in the future. I had wanted to spend a lot of time with the other two cats but the thing is, one the door to the upstairs opens, they sneak to the other parts of the house. I know they are just bored with being confined to one part of the house.

I've been making an effort to play with them and hope to do this at least once per day. The other to cats are Maine Coons named Rainbow and Siddhartha. They are large but gentle cats, and almost like longtailed bushytailed bobcats. Despite the fact that they are brothers, the two are very opposite.

Rainbow is very affectionate, emotional, can be energetic, and has trouble adjusting to new places. Siddhartha is more calm, gentle, takes less time to adjust to new places, but he's nervous and reserved around new people. Marcy is tiny compared to the other two cats, which is one reason why she gets nervous.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss having a cat. Too allergic :/ Maine Coons seem like lovely little beasts

Yes they are, they are gentle giants of cats. Almost like longtailedd bobcats. Well, more in appearance than personality. They can be pretty food aggressive though. I was hearing that they make great "therapy cats" too. x3

Sorry about the allergy though. :c That is really sad. I got my first kitty last year and they are great to have around.

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s okay. I had a really great cat up until her passing (very touching story for our final moments together). I think of her still all the time, have dreams with her, that sort of thing. She was black, fluffy, green eyes, intelligent, sweet as hell to humans and sassy as hell with others cats. She wasn’t large and continued to have a girlish figure (7 pounds) her whole life, but she appeared to be part Ragdoll because she had the floppy, going limp features of a Ragdoll. She used to lay my head every night and I am sure that’s part of what led me to my first sinus surgery lol. A lot of Zyrtec-D in those days. Worth it. I used to call her my “soulcat” so if she’s my last, it’s okay. I have a dog with a similar temperament now, still though, something special about cats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Froody Blue Gem View Post
    Yes they are, they are gentle giants of cats. Almost like longtailedd bobcats. Well, more in appearance than personality. They can be pretty food aggressive though. I was hearing that they make great "therapy cats" too. x3

Sorry about the allergy though. :c That is really sad. I got my first kitty last year and they are great to have around.

TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s okay. I had a really great cat up until her passing (very touching story for our final moments together). I think of her still all the time, have dreams with her, that sort of thing. She was black, fluffy, green eyes, intelligent, sweet as hell to humans and sassy as hell with others cats. She wasn’t large and continued to have a girlish figure (7 pounds) her whole life, but she appeared to be part Ragdoll because she had the floppy, going limp features of a Ragdoll. She used to lay my head every night and I am sure that’s part of what led me to my first sinus surgery lol. A lot of Zyrtec-D in those days. Worth it. I used to call her my “soulcat” so if she’s my last, it’s okay. I have a dog with a similar temperament now, still though, something special about cats.
    She is still alive and well in your dreams, and she lives on in a way. But pets are family and it's hard to lose them. She sounds so cute, and black cat sometimes get an uncalled for bad rap. Ragdolls are adorable and are very friendly. She does sound like she was a very affectionate and intelligent little girl. That is great that you have a dog now though.

My cat loves humans too, but she is sassy to other cats. Back at the shelter, she had a lot of cat friends and was allowed in the freeroaming area. I guess being adopted as an only kitty changed that. xD

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, it's kind of a similar situation with my girl of late too. She lived in a cat hoard, which I will admit belonged to my grandma. 10 cats or so in small apartment. My grandma was a very sweet woman and cared for them the best she could, but no one should have that many cats in that situation. I remember when I visited my grandma, I was always drawn to this cat and she seemed drawn to me too. When my grandma passed and we took her in (she was about 4, lived to be 19 I think, if I did the math right) she had a bunch of bald patches from stress. I think maybe she hated other cats in part due to having been in the cat hoard. She had a brother she loved though until they parted and she seemed to kind of grow to respect another beloved male cat she lived with for a bit who stood up to her, lol (she could be quite cruel to other cats who were afraid of her though). I don't know why, but these sort of alpha pets seem to be really great pets. My dog is similar and she's also a really good, affectionate and loyal pet.

Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 01-20-2020 at 08:15 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fantastic green eyes on your cat, @bouncingoffclouds.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Adam! Yes, she was very beautiful
    Fantastic green eyes on your cat, @bouncingoffclouds.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it funny how late at night LSE friend contacts me to rant about his job. Like his Fi kicks in before goes to sleep or something.

TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the library with my nearly two year old niece and my sister. She really wanted Sesame Street books so we got some.

I got a bunch of animal books and was reading about tasmanian devils and armadillos. Even though Tasmanian devils are fierce, they are still cute little marsupials in my book. They have piercing screams. They are generally solitary animals as well as nocturnal. They are also a threatened/endangered species. I wouldn't mind seeing some of them in person, of course letting them have their needed space. Dingoes are a main natural threat to them, and of course humans are a big threat to them too.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So romance styles are real, ime atleast. LSE girl asked me " why didn't you bring something to eat and drink." and this slightly motherly concern just wrapped me up in a warm blanket of security. Like it sounded like the person actually gave to craps about me. I imagine other types probably feel it's condescending, but my gut reaction to it did not feel like that.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Henlo, gang...

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my gosh, yes, my SLI is a lot like that and I wuv her.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not knowing yet how to reply to specific comments and I feel a bit dumb

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Something View Post
    Not knowing yet how to reply to specific comments and I feel a bit dumb
    You can press replay with quote and you'll quote the specifc comment you want to respond to.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can press replay with quote and you'll quote the specifc comment you want to respond to.
    Testing, testing... thank you sir