Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The death of a lead function

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    I feel like puking anytime I read of IR relationships and the takes people have on it.

In the words of a cute bookshop keeper that I met in Milan: "Do you need a bag-a?"

I'm still not entirely sold on the nectar of duality myself.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post

In the words of a cute bookshop keeper that I met in Milan: "Do you need a bag-a?"

I'm still not entirely sold on the nectar of duality myself.
    Baboo? is it you?

why did cute bookshop keeper tell you so? what did you do?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Baboo? is it you?

why did cute bookshop keeper tell you so? what did you do?
    Yes, it's me. New and improved.

Standard shop stuff. I had a stack of books that I really couldn't carry in my arms forever so she asked me if I'd like them in a bag, using the thickest italian accent I have ever heard outside of parodies and promos. She was cyoot
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao ok, I love talking with thick italian accent with foreigners too.. it makes me laugh so much, as if I'm roberto benigni <3

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
    That's SEI and IEI (look a like), not SLI-IEI (super-ego).

Super-ego

"Partners normally think more about expressing their own point of view than listening to their partner. This expression comes from the confident side of one of the partners reaching the unconfident side of the other partner. The latter tries to defend themselves by projecting their confident points in return. Partners normally show interest and respect to each other if they do not know each other well enough. When partners start more close interaction, they start experiencing many problems.

Super-Ego partners may think that they understand each other well. However, when it comes to day to day matters or co-operative activity, partners start thinking that their partner is deliberately trying to do everything wrong. Super-Ego partners are not interested and do not make each other aware of their intentions. Therefore their actions may look exactly opposite to what was expected. Although the hope and the feeling between partners may remain as before, it does not prevent the conflicts penetrating their relationship."
    See this is where a bit of personal maturity goes a long way. As Te is so common place, most people have adapted to this reality so there is a level of acceptance on the part of IEIs. SLI is usually easy going and forgiving with lack of common sense (to varying degrees), Come on, have you seen IEE, you kind of have to be forgiving with these guys as duals. I think there are odd intertypes within the core set and this super ego is one of them.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super-ego Relations

Monovert
    Information Based
    Symmetric
    Small Psychological Distance

These are relations of mutual respect between partners. Super-Ego partners may think of each other as a distant and slightly mysterious ideal. They often show interest in each other's manners, behaviour and thought composition. Both partners experience a warm feeling towards each other, but for the outsider, these relations may look cold.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Personally, I believe the difference is due to the fact that a stable society needs more mothers than mother f**ckers.
    lol Hot take. And it supports my suspicions.

LIE’s are not the most stabilizing influences in society.
    Without a doubt, and so therefore it makes sense that overwhelming amount of Si lead types ("SJ", "Guardian"), in particular, act as a (often irritating) counterbalance to LIE societal "fuckery and shenanigans." This dynamic reaffirms much of the my generally misanthropic leanings. lol But this ebbs and flows for me, seeing as how LIEs are a resilient bunch, and we tend to get our way, by hook or by crook--which again perhaps reaffirms the necessity for the S*Is to stand "on guard," in the first place. Heh.

I just wish more LIES (and society as a whole, tbh), especially young ones, were privy to this information (as some sort of moderately interventionist mechanism, perhaps) because it would help to explain our "me against the antagonistic world" perception/actuality that could very well escalate feelings of apathy and contempt and induce all kinds of self-defeating turned other-defeating, hyper reactive neuroses with powerful repercussions for not only us, but everyone else, too. I dunno, it would seem to me that, at its genesis, a lion/shark/eagle/predator's existence is a response to the wild and not the other way around.> and/or, if quadra succession is an actual thing, we can just blame all proceeding quadras for creating the monster and the incoming Delta IEEs/SLIs that cage and electrically prod the beast with evil social experiments if the great Stratiyevskaya is to be believed.

Tangentially, you know what trips me out? That SLEs and SEIs are "mirages." That scenario gives me all kinds of "wolves in sheep's clothing" potentialities and seems both simultaneously advantageous and unfair af from a LIE's perspective, seeing as how SLEs can also have a rather "destabilizing" effect on society, left to their own devices. *ahem Trump ahem*

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Personally, I believe the difference is due to the fact that a stable society needs more mothers than mother f**ckers.
    That means more milfs for me?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Alonzo
    Thank you again. I am sorry for the late reply, i have been quite busy.

Even still, the manner in which you pointed "at the moon'' encompassed an Fe approach
    Yes, i can have a tendency to work in this manner. I have noticed in myself from an early age the ability to induce certain states in others, when i felt the need to share and 'format' my inner world. I was a taciturn child when it came to things outside of my interests, but i take great pleasure in pulling others into my plane of existence when i find it fitting. I will say that i have the ability to be harsh and scathing, but there is always a bit of dramaticism going on in that moment (the remark i made about it being a play is fitting here) - although i am usually very calm and tranquil, i can have an affected kind of moodiness sometimes. An example that seems to fit the Fe thing from my real life is that: i was with a SEI and a SLI (assumed) friend, playing a board game. I usually lost to the SLI, and whenever i did, i peppered the situation with a facade of whines and woes, looking to 'pique' the others to confront me. There was no confrontation, as the SLI was uneasy about me ''feeling sorry for myself'' over losing, and saw my outbursts as an enemy toward a relaxing and fun time. He became irritated, although subduing this feeling, about me playing my anger and misery over losing - as he felt it to be aggressive, which unsettled me, as i expect and need the response to be 'in spades', and i am usually the calm and quiet one. This could point to a need of Se, to need someone to provoke, perhaps? I felt completely alienated nonetheless, at the lack of competition. Well, that aside, i seem to work best with people who appreciate and respond to those 'hints'.

Only a monster would deny you
    Ha - there was no hidden intention involved there, i'm afraid. I was worried about the politeness simply because i had asked him before, with no answer. I'm very flattered that you attribute such wit to me, though.
    With regards to the positive disposition, i am actually sometimes good at appearing to be 'harmless' or 'meek', and i usually 'catch' people with it. I do think that i am 'meek', but i can definitely play it, which i do think is a part of communication as a whole, language demands this warping. But, in contrast, i can find myself in a pit of darkness so thick that i come off as despressed or distant, which similarly 'affects' people. Fwiw, i am often called 'cute'.
    I am not English, actually. I am Danish, which is ironic considering that the Danish are usually seen as profoundly rude and gruff people.
    The pleasantries might also be related to this, as i am not fluent in english, and i try my best to transcribe what i would have communicated in my mother tounge.

FWIW, this right here signifies Te-PoLR, which would again dismiss ILI and SLI.
    Yes, this is one of the biggest hole in my thought as ILI or SLI - i do not care for the ''scientific'' way of approaching things - i find it to be missing the forest for the trees in some way.

...Distinction between Ni and Si...
    Very interesting - one of my troubles with discerning this distinction was that: i have specific sensory images that i work with when thinking/imagining, but, and this, i think, may be the distinction between Si and Ni in this case, i seem to use the sensory images specifically for ''framing'' something more genreal and abstract, and achor, if you will. If im thinking of a story, and i've seen an image used to represent that story, that image can easily 'frame' my further imagining and understanding of this work. I think that this is quite natural for all humans, as this is needed to make sense of the sensory perceptions, but i have been unsure if this was really something sensory or intuitive. I ''fill in'' the nebulous parts of what the sensory image points towards, and my imagination creates images only very vaguely related to ANY sensory perception i might have had. So, the particularity of the sensory image seems to morph into something archetypal or symbolic as you've mentioned. I'm very tired atm, so elaborating further might need a bit more reflection.

... the Ni 'fruits' of IEI...
    This is something recognizable in my own thinking - if even only for myself. I find delight in a particular phrasing that i find especially poignant when thinking for myself, and also when occasionally sharing with others. To zoom in on the crux of how i (ideally) communicate - i, to use my earlier phrasing, point at the moon, i wish to stimulate the reflection in others by my words, i wish to imbue something that might make myself and others wiser - this is what goes against the motions of the exact sciences: the thought that the external provides what is necessary.

Again, thank you for taking the time to engage with me. I am very open to thoughts from your side, as they seem to be thought-through and conducive to further reflection on this topic. I will seriously consider your words about IEI as type for me. A few (usually) respected members of this forum agree with your typing.

Edit: Also, i have noticed in myself a tendency to 'role play' whatever type i am considering, even if it was a 'flash in the pan' typing, without any real hold in the world - an attitude supremely attributed to IEI, afaik. Ni ability to imagine personas, archetypes and alternate realities + Fe ability to 'create' types in the world. Just a consideration.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@para, best EII I've ever seen

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's the actual utility here? I'll wait.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm afraid that this is the universe where i'm a p type.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

time will tell... : ) enjoy your typing @para

(I remember I've typed you NiTe back in time but since then I've came to read your posts and nothing of that seemed to fit with a Se seeking of sorts.. but of course, I can be wrong. Ive noticed how you tend to look for and agree with the typings of Sol, which surely plays the part of the Te expert around here, and I think it's cute of you, not something very Se, as Ni doms are a bit more open to use their own understanding and not rely on someone else's judgement, also, what you said about your SLI friend (is he really a SLI tho?) makes me think: 1) close friendship with a SLI? hmm 2) an SLI that doesn't enjoy some emotional tantrums? hmm.. 3) you know that when we're in our comfy space we can engage in our quirky sides more? EII can be playful and engage in their ID functions when in private.. although that's usually made for fun, which looked like the case in your case.. but again, I can be wrong! I like you )

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ooo

Actually, i tend to gravitate toward the typings of Sol because he provided me with an alternate typing that i hadn't yet seriously considered. He types me as SLI, and i like to see his 'workings' because it may help me to see a system in the way he views the different categories. So, i'm 'using' him to see a system which will help me to determine whether or not there is a foundation for that typing.

And with regards to the SLI ''friend'', we aren't very close actually, mostly pulled together through the SEI. He finds me a bit annoying, ranty and 'hysterical' (which is very alien to me, as i am usually the quiet one), and i find him on occasion to be narrow-minded, banal and with a blindside to the greater things in life. But, you might be right, and i'll consider it.

I remember your post in an earlier thread of mine, it was very sweet.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're using Sol? you lil genius, ok, approved©

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shh...

The forum is bugged...

His goonies could pulverize us at any minute...

Edit: But yes, i do like reading his posts - mostly that i think he's weird and alien (read: he thinks VERY differently from me), so it is interesting to 'study' them, to wring out some sort of meaning from them.

I hope that didn't sound too perverse, lol.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we all have a little Sol inside of us

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

we all have a little Sol inside of us
    The meat was too dry and lacked proper seasoning. It didn't take me into places and made me painfully aware of my bad senses.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    See this is where a bit of personal maturity goes a long way. As Te is so common place, most people have adapted to this reality so there is a level of acceptance on the part of IEIs. SLI is usually easy going and forgiving with lack of common sense (to varying degrees), Come on, have you seen IEE, you kind of have to be forgiving with these guys as duals. I think there are odd intertypes within the core set and this super ego is one of them.
    the only fairly decent IEI that I've known at close is this male friend with Se mom, who when we were up to share home (as we had agreement) literally flew away after his SEI friend previous roomie, who was leaving the country. We were buddies and we had fun together and nice talks, but not like we could live together as his Ni knew wouldn't work.

The other one is this IEI with no Se parents with whom I've lived with and who's almost pathological. As this IEI acts perfectly sane and nice with outsiders, I can't really opine about other representatives whom I don't know at close (or lived with). What I can say is that probably they get better domestic life with SEI. As acquitances or friendships its probably ok if they both consider it worthy. I've known some who seem funny and easy to get along, I've known some who seem completely the opposite. I suppose its due subtype.

Then, the problem is not if I'm forgiving or not, is that depending on someone to be forgiving means that you are probably just taking more than you should or doing what you shouldn't. Besides IEE I don't think SLIs are keen to support mistreatments. And SLIs don't lack common sense, those are SEI probably.
    Last edited by Hope; 04-30-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
    the only fairly decent IEI that I've known at close is this male friend with Se mom, who when we were up to share home (as we had agreement) literally flew away after his SEI friend previous roomie, who was leaving the country.
    That sucks, but it seems like you were still young and nothing was set in stone..a rental agreement is not really a binding contract burned in blood though. I'm guessing he felt bad about it, but what can you do? Home and harth are good priorities, but the urge to nest is not strong in these ones.

We were buddies and we had fun together and nice talks, but not like we could live together as his Ni knew wouldn't work.
    Ni does know stuff like this. I going to say that because Ni types are weak sensing they leach off other's sensing which creates a personal sacrifice for them. Ne types do the same.

The other one is this IEI with no Se parents with whom I've lived with and who's almost pathological. As this IEI acts perfectly sane and nice with outsiders, I can't really opine about other representatives whom I don't know at close (or lived with). What I can say is that probably they get better domestic life with SEI. As acquitances or friendships its probably ok if they both consider it worthy. I've known some who seem funny and easy to get along, I've known some who seem completely the opposite. I suppose its due subtype.
    I was saying a few years back that its actually the IEI that is the manipulative ones in beta groups with all these inner demons. I don't think life is kind to these types of people. The border line pathologies are what pookie was saying about trying to overcome.

(TBF the worst borderline personality I ever came across was a monstrous IEE woman who hoarded farm animals, had no job, and complained about being hard done by by everyone else...her farm literally burned to the ground and the animal services confiscated all her animals. She needed to suck the life out of Si-Te types and manipulated in the worst ways. There was nothing cute about an infantile woman in her 60s pushing hard into people's sense of caring and using other's good will to further her vanity projects).

Then, the problem is not if I'm forgiving or not, is that depending on someone to be forgiving means that you are probably just taking more than you should or doing what you shouldn't.
    Like I was saying I think all intuitive types could be guilty of taking more than they should and forgiveness only goes so far. I think that IEI feel entitled a bit to items and services, whereas a IEE will make you feel good about it or that you owe them somehow->its not issue because I'm so stupid when it comes to this stuff can I just borrow some shampoo, I forgot mine?

IEI duals and LSI are not really keeping track of resources like delta STs are.

As far as domestic lives go with SEI I really don't think that would be a good idea. SEI are either slobs or prisses. It would be like hanging out a college sleep over party that never ends.

Besides IEE I don't think SLIs are keen to support mistreatments. And SLIs don't lack common sense, those are SEI probably.
    Depends on what you call a mistreatment. I did not mean SLI lack common sense, I meant that SLI are forgiving with people that lack common sense, as long as they play by unspoken rule of common sense or bust. How many times you going to pick up the IEE because they did something stupid like lock the keys in their vehicle?

More mature IEI are better at this with level of responsibility. I think if both lean heavily on their base functions and they don't live in close spaces together they could be fine. Si and Ni can be privately stand-off-ish to each others need for space.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123