Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default People who treat life like a game

Please diagnose them with a mental disorder/inexorable enneagram sin for me so we can know how exactly they're contaminated. Thanks!

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What kind of specific behavioral examples would you classify as "treating life like a game"?

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

People who can't talk face to face or be genuine with the people they control. For those who the world is just a playground to do shit in. Trump is a good example I think.

Maybe Psycopathy is a disorder that is best at gaming the world?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chrys View Post
    People who can't talk face to face or be genuine with the people they control. For those who the world is just a playground to do shit in. Trump is a good example I think.

Maybe Psycopathy is a disorder that is best at gaming the world?

Treating life as a game can be good or bad.

Consider the happy-go-lucky guy who isn't fazed by setbacks or difficulties.

Then consider the people who treat life as a game that doesn't have consequences for them in particular.

Trump is insulated from the consequences of his actions by his inherited money and by his supporters, who are just as amoral as he is.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t understand this because some people take their gaming lives more seriously than their real lives.

What is the issue here?

Too playful and non-serious? Or too strategic? Too controlling? Too detached? What aspect of gaming are we talking about here? Some of these contradict each other.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking too strategic, like people who are really competitive and think of everything in terms of objectives and whether they win or lose everything and can't be authentic to the point that it's semi-ironically autistic because they have no relationships, no creativity, and are complete losers because life doesn't really work like that and that's more of death and murder. But there are really a billion kinds of games and some of them represent pretty good worldviews.

Obligatory picture of Wittgenstein in honor of all the different types of games:

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soulless and E3?

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Soulless and E3?
    LOL. Good enough.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Successful."

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    "Successful."
    I'm going to assume you know a whole lot about what it takes to be successful from personal experience.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My SEE friend from hs treated life as some sort of game.. But I don't think she had a disorder, she was just immature (and Se with Ti PoLR on the other hand). her etype, mb 7w8.
    Napoleon is the representative of SEE in socionics.
    Typically Se types are competitive.
    Zhukov was a general from the WWII and is used to represent SLE. The autistic and have no relations seem kinda Fi PoLR (SLE).
    Last edited by Hope; 10-22-2018 at 03:34 PM.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I don’t understand this because some people take their gaming lives more seriously than their real lives.

What is the issue here?

Too playful and non-serious? Or too strategic? Too controlling? Too detached? What aspect of gaming are we talking about here? Some of these contradict each other.
    ^Pretty much this.

Also...

Most games involve strategy, and I think that a goal-oriented lifestyle requires strategy to execute effectively. Survival itself is a goal that requires strategy in a world where resources aren't freely given. Therefore, I could argue that a life that comes with no such demands must consist of exceptional luxuries and privileges.

I would say that the gaming elements of "detachment" and "control" are more debatable as it concerns their place in the real world. Too much of either and I wouldn't reach any objectives or accomplish any goals.

One of the downsides to excessive strategy is that you get tunnel vision and fail to see people and things around you. Hard to make any vulnerable, lasting connections this way. Hard to enjoy life for what it is this way.

People under extreme circumstances don't always have much of an option.

Anyway, nice Wittgenstein reference, @coeruleum.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Trump is insulated from the consequences of his actions by his inherited money and by his supporters, who are just as amoral as he is.
    Herpderp people i dont agree with are amoral herpderp im so moral derp

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aki View Post
    My SEE friend from hs trated life as some sort of game.. But I don't think she had a disorder, she was just immature (and Se with Ti PoLR on the other hand). her etype, mb 7w8.
    Napoleon is the representative of SEE in socionics.
    Typically Se types are competitive.
    Zhukov was a general from the WWII and is used to represent SLE. The autistic and have no relations seem kinda Fi PoLR (SLE).
    Herpderp all SLEs are autistic herpderp

Also mb

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    I was thinking too strategic, like people who are really competitive and think of everything in terms of objectives and whether they win or lose everything and can't be authentic to the point that it's semi-ironically autistic because they have no relationships, no creativity, and are complete losers because life doesn't really work like that and that's more of death and murder.
    Oh you're absolutely right. There's too many of those people IRL. I run into like, eight of them on average every day. Like can you imagine that? Them and their stupid "goals" and "achievements" Pffft. They definitely need to be diagnosed with a mental disorder because screw psychology. The DSM V should totally add that to Cluster B, along with Antisocial Personality Disorder, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, they should add a new category: Extreme Competitiveness Disorder. It's inconceivable to even think that a person of that type values personal achievements and milestones, that they actually love what they do and like to challenge themselves. They're all psychopaths. Even though they're married and have kids, we KNOW those relationships are completely fake. Like seriously, Steve Jobs? Total loser. Bill Gates? Yeah, that guy sucks. Elon Musk? I'm sure his species reproduces asexually. I mean, you've hit the ball on this one. More people should come to you for advice. I *sincerely* mean it.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    Oh you're absolutely right. There's too many of those people IRL. I run into like, eight of them on average every day. Like can you imagine that? Them and their stupid "goals" and "achievements" Pffft. They definitely need to be diagnosed with a mental disorder because screw psychology. The DSM V should totally add that to Cluster B, along with Antisocial Personality Disorder, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, they should add a new category: Extreme Competitiveness Disorder. It's inconceivable to even think that a person of that type values personal achievements and milestones, that they actually love what they do and like to challenge themselves. They're all psychopaths. Even though they're married and have kids, we KNOW those relationships are completely fake. Like seriously, Steve Jobs? Total loser. Bill Gates? Yeah, that guy sucks. Elon Musk? I'm sure his species reproduces asexually. I mean, you've hit the ball on this one. More people should come to you for advice. I *sincerely* mean it.
    Lol.

you know how they say ''don't make anything too real''? Seems that it lubes things up in a good way more often than not. also helps with perceiving scarcity in a more ''accurate'' way.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kalinoche View Post
    it lubes things up in a good way
    okay......

New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    okay......

i don't see why it would not affect multiple energy centers (in a good way)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kalinoche View Post
    i don't see why it would not affect multiple energy centers (in a good way)
    Dat Sacral chakra tho
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    But we love Elon Musk! The real problem is people who compete despite always failing. They're just shooting themselves in the foot.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    But we love Elon Musk! The real problem is people who compete despite always failing. They're just shooting themselves in the foot.
    Despite failing? Like how? You would assume a super competitive person would have more wins than losses...

I'd say the real problem is competiton for competition's sake.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tide View Post
    I'd say the real problem is competiton for competition's sake.
    Yes, that's what I was getting at. Like people who play a bunch of RPGs like World of Warcraft all the time. People just want to feel in control by pressing a bunch of buttons, but it makes them a dweeb. A lot of people seem to treat life like that but they don't have any actual good goals like making computers or going to Mars either. They're just like "yes, my boss gave me a raise from scrubbing the toilets with a toothbrush to licking boots in the lounge! And I only had to murder 4 of 5 of my boss's exes with a machete and sell my soul to a minor imp to do it! I'm the big boy now!"