Thread: Bible Characters by Collaboration

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Bible Characters by Collaboration

On Saturday I spent a few hours discussing the personalities of Bible characters with my pastor (IEE-Fi) I gave him a rundown of socionics and wrote out the different personality types, sorted by quadra and with accompanying function symbols. We analyzed the actions, interactions, and writing styles of various people from the Bible. So here are the typings, as determined by people whose life's work involves studying these characters. (New Testament characters are more likely to be accurate since my pastor has recently been studying and teaching on their interactions.)

Barnabus - ESE
    John Mark - SEI*
    Jeremiah - SEI*
    Daniel - LII
    King Saul - EIE*
    Miriam - EIE
    Nehemiah - SLE
    Matthew - LSI*
    John - IEI
    Judas - IEI*
    Jesus - ESI
    Prince Jonathan - ESI*
    Paul - LIE
    Abraham - LIE*
    Peter - SEE
    David - SEE
    Thomas - ILI*
    Solomon - ILI
    Luke - LSE*
    James the brother of Christ - SLI*
    Moses - SLI
    Ezekiel - IEE*
    Mary - EII

*working off limited information; less certain typing

If you suggest some other biblical characters, we may be able to type them later and I can add their typings to this post.

If you're interested in an explanation on the typing of a particular character, go ahead and ask, but I'm not going to bother explaining all of them, so please don't overdo the explanation expectations.
    Last edited by DirectorAbbie; 12-21-2020 at 04:31 PM.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Nehemiah might be ENTJ. I related to him a lot with the systems work

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DirectorAbbie View Post
    On Saturday I spent a few hours discussing the personalities of Bible characters with my pastor (IEE-Fi) I gave him a rundown of socionics and wrote out the different personality types, sorted by quadra and with accompanying function symbols. We analyzed the actions, interactions, and writing styles of various people from the Bible. So here are the typings, as determined by people whose life's work involves studying these characters. (New Testament characters are more likely to be accurate since my pastor has recently been studying and teaching on their interactions.)

Barnabus - ESE
    John Mark - SEI*
    Jeremiah - SEI*
    King Saul - EIE*
    Matthew - LSI*
    John - IEI
    Jesus - ESI
    Prince Jonathan - ESI*
    Paul - LIE
    Peter - SEE
    David - SEE
    Thomas - ILI*
    Luke - LSE*
    James the brother of Christ - SLI*
    Moses - SLI
    Ezekiel - IEE*

*working off limited information; less certain typing

If you suggest some other biblical characters, we may be able to type them later and I can add their typings to this post.
    Daniel and Abraham could be interesting.

If you're interested in an explanation on the typing of a particular character, go ahead and ask, but I'm not going to bother explaining all of them, so please don't overdo the explanation expectations.
    Jonathan seemed super endearing....ESI possible, yeah

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Solomon - LxI?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    I'll add him to my mental "we should type these people" list.

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    Solomon - LxI?
    I don't know. I'll add him to the aforementioned list too. He'll be difficult because we don't have much information about his interactions with people. We have writings that are attributed to him, but we don't know how much of Proverbs is from his mind and how much he just agreed was wise and included in the collection. Ecclesiastes may be a better source to get an idea of his thought process (though some are skeptical whether he was the author). Song of Solomon wouldn't work as a source because it might be the work of a court poet who includes Solomon as a character. He certainly didn't to anything on a small scale. That may be type-related.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judas???

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miriam, sister of Moses?

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would you type Joseph?

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Afaik he is usually typed ILI on Russian sites.
    That was gonna be my next guess. I can see it.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Judas???
    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Miriam, sister of Moses?
    I'll make a note to bring them up, though we don't have much about their personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    How would you type Joseph?
    Joseph son of Jacob, Joseph husband of Mary, or Joseph of Arimathea?
    The latter two have very little information about. The former I'm sure we have enough for. But I recently ordered a book called "Was Yosef on the Spectrum?" which analyzes his behavior, and I'd like to read that before typing him.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

where are the women

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is Jesus ESI?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    where are the women
    Unfortunately, the Bible was written at a time when people generally saw women as less important to keep a record of. So there are a lot more men in the Bible than women, and most of the women who are in the Bible are not accompanied by much information that could be used for typing them. The ones we could very well type we just didn't happen to get to that day. We were mostly considering those who had written books of the Bible, and that wasn't done by women. (I can't think of any ancient writings done by women.) I'll be sure to include some women next time I go through Bible characters with my pastor.

Quote Originally Posted by BrolyV2 View Post
    Why is Jesus ESI?
    He's a feeler - very people-oriented. And he doesn't have the charisma or crowd-effectiveness of an type. He preached to crowds, but not in a way that he seemed to care what they thought of Him or how they reacted. Sometimes a crowd would gather to hear Him speak, and he'd tell a parable that most of them didn't understand, then leave without explaining it. He explained it later to those who were close to him. And He would make meaningful connections with individuals, understanding their thoughts and feelings on a mostly-unspoken level. He has a very clear-cut understanding of morality which He's told others in teaching, explaining, and rebuking.

He's also an introvert. He would often go out alone to spend time in prayer, and being around crowds too much seemed to wear Him out.
    This leaves ESI and EII. But He's no -PoLR. He has a strong personality, even forceful at times. Like when He overturned the moneychanging tables: He saw a problem with the environment and physically acted to remove it.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, the Bible was written at a time when people generally saw women as less important to keep a record of. So there are a lot more men in the Bible than women, and most of the women who are in the Bible are not accompanied by much information that could be used for typing them. The ones we could very well type we just didn't happen to get to that day. We were mostly considering those who had written books of the Bible, and that wasn't done by women. (I can't think of any ancient writings done by women.) I'll be sure to include some women next time I go through Bible characters with my pastor.
    I dont remember the bible that much but what about Ruth for example?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    I dont remember the bible that much but what about Ruth for example?
    She'll be difficult to type, but we could try. Her main feature was loyalty, which is NTR.
    I do have Mary and Miriam on the list to type.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Esther

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had another typing session with my pastor during the Christmas party yesterday. I've added Daniel, Abraham, Mary, Nehemiah, Solomon, Judas, and Miriam to the list.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    Solomon - LxI?
    For the record, my pastor suggested LII for Solomon, and I argued for the Ni-valuing equivalent, which he then accepted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Afaik he is usually typed ILI on Russian sites.
    ...and I apparently agreed with them. Okay, Solomon was his dad's favorite son because they were duals.

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    My pastor figured SLE was a sure fit for Nehemiah. I can see why LIE would be considered, but agree that SLE works better.

Judas???
    My pastor initially suggested EIE, and I joked about typing all the bad-guys EIE. After discussing some of the functions, I started to suggest IEI, then realized that was John's type, and John was Judas's biggest critic. But my pastor pointed out that some people have issues with those in whom they can see too many of their own traits, and maybe that was the case with John and Judas.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@DirectorAbbie

IYO, how realistic was the portrayal of the characters in The Passion of the Christ?

I thought that Caiaphas (the Jewish high priest) was IEI.

Pontius Pilate was SLE.

King Herod was EIE or ESE.

Jesus seemed Fi-dom.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@DirectorAbbie

IYO, how realistic was the portrayal of the characters in The Passion of the Christ?

I thought that Caiaphas (the Jewish high priest) was IEI.

Pontius Pilate was SLE.

King Herod was EIE or ESE.

Jesus seemed Fi-dom.
    Sorry, I haven't seen that in like ten years. If I see it again and remember this question, I'll respond. But I don't watch many movies.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll make a note to bring them up, though we don't have much about their personalities.

Joseph son of Jacob, Joseph husband of Mary, or Joseph of Arimathea?
    The latter two have very little information about. The former I'm sure we have enough for. But I recently ordered a book called "Was Yosef on the Spectrum?" which analyzes his behavior, and I'd like to read that before typing him.
    Do you have any new conclusions on this subject?

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Mark was Se dom.
    I used to see Luke as EII.
    Paul strikes me as a Delta extrovert.
    Thomas could be LSI
    I think whoever wrote Hebrews was LIE.
    David always struck me as EIE.
    I think Jacob could have been SLE. He had major balls.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    Do you have any new conclusions on this subject?
    Yes indeed. Thank you for reminding me. After reading the book and discussing some of the traits that came up, I concluded that Joseph was probably an LIE on the autism spectrum. This is mostly based off a personal comparison. I don't know any LIEs on the spectrum. But I know myself, and the main differences I noted between how I would have reacted to things and how he reacted to things seemed to be an Si/Ni difference.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes indeed. Thank you for reminding me. After reading the book and discussing some of the traits that came up, I concluded that Joseph was probably an LIE on the autism spectrum. This is mostly based off a personal comparison. I don't know any LIEs on the spectrum. But I know myself, and the main differences I noted between how I would have reacted to things and how he reacted to things seemed to be an Si/Ni difference.
    Could you elaborate on what you mean by this?