Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The videos I sent off for my typing assesment, curious to hear other people's thoughts

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Sociotypes are a human invention.
    Jung types are hypothetically _objective_ psyche trait.
    The correct knowledge about the reality you may take into account, what gives more possibility on better actions, or do not take.

> If they don't make your life better in one way or another

Then either the knowledge is incorrect (while there are more signes it's correct)
    or you may to think and train better to get the use from this knowledge.

Also
    Jung types should help to take into account one of important psyche compatibility traits useful to make long pairs. This needs good enough typing skills, as people do many typing mistakes. Without such skills it's possibly to do a harm by a mistyping with significant chance.
    There is indirect usefulness of Socionics - to point on the importance of personal sympathy and friendship feelings to choose your pair. Many people underesteemate soul attraction and positive emotional influence, what leads to short, surface and not good long relations.
    It's partly possibly to evaluate friendship abbility directly without Jung types. To take into account Jung types is T approach, while there are 3 else functions. Jung types is not anything important for the compatibility and so general evaluation by other functions and logical processing of other factors is important too.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, now that I think about it, not caring for your dual much at first explains the course of our friendship.

When we were actually in school together, we never hung out. She thought I was weird and I thought she was part of the "cool upperclassmen" group. It wasn't until after we'd both graduated, I'd recognized her posting a story on a semi-anonymous social media site (think tumblr or reddit), and I reached out to her saying "oh I think I know you!" She responded with an "oh shit, you do, let's meet up!"

& when we were younger we definitely had a couple of tiffs. Mostly over her trying to nudge me into do things I really didn't want to do (cause I'm a stubborn little shit), or me getting in the way of her getting something she wanted at the time. Never stuff that mattered much in the long run.

We kept hanging out anyways, all the disagreements we had dissolved into funny anecdotes, and now she's one of the most important people in my life.
    ~we're just out here havin a good time~

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sociotypes are a human invention.
    No, they aren't. But one thing is certain: on this forum, sociotypes iare merely social constructs, and as such, indeed human inventions that have hardly anything to do with the reality of Socionics.

And with these words I bid you all farewell and wish you all the best for the future. It's been a pleasure!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    No, they aren't. But one thing is certain: on this forum, sociotypes iare merely social constructs, and as such, indeed human inventions that have hardly anything to do with the reality of Socionics.

And with these words I bid you all farewell and wish you all the best for the future. It's been a pleasure!
    The pleasure has been mutual. We hope to see you again soon.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, haven't been around long enough to interact with you much, but sad to see you go @consentingadult

But uh...other thoughts;

I'm not Te PoLR, I'm not! I have a budget, I shop at Aldi's, I don't buy stuff I don't need!

*happens to need Dr. Teal for baths every single week so goes to the regular grocery store afterwards anyways and impulse buys there*
    *also needed a 6 week meditation course + essential oils with my last work bonus*
    *also needed to use half my stimulus to get typed by a ukranian psychologist, and also to get an energy healing session*
    *$40 a week Juul habit*
    *1.5k in CC debt, 20k in student loans with no degree*
    *late 20's and still don't pay for my own cell phone plan*
    *literally had multiple months last year where i was less than $300 from being flat broke and unable to pay bills, despite working full time*

I'm not Te PoLR! "im not owned! im not owned!!" i continue to insist...

socionics is so mean to me, specifically

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Don't feel bad, @megedy. Most of these things get worse with age, but the good thing is, you don't care about them anymore.

I have:
    No budget for groceries. I impulse buy at Krogers.
    Spent my stimulus check on... I don't remember. Lol. It's gone, in any case.
    I don't smoke, but I have a weakness for eating out. Almost every meal.
    Over $200k in debt with a physics degree which no one cares about. Haven't had a regular job in twenty years.
    I have a burner phone with TRACFONE minutes.
    No longer deciding which utility bill I won't pay this month. Instead, I just didn't pay my property taxes. It's way better than skipping utilities.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange hahaha I'm glad to hear that even if it doesn't get better at least it gets easier to deal with hahah! So that's reassuring!

I definitely get insecure that I don't have the safety net I guess I should have but also...yeah thinking about it my unwise spending tends to be for either bad habits or experiences or a certain standard of living, and not gadgets or stuff like clothes and makeup. But I've been thinking about it since Gulenko dunked on me in my assessment about my finances, and I really do impulse purchase, it's just that I do it in a way that I can delude myself into thinking I don't lol.

at least we're living a life worth living if we're spending the money on stuff we enjoy, right?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol, FI PoLR (~self dehumanization ). In the end you should rely on yourself while it is not necessary so... (let it be in a cardboard box). That is how I make decisions even if I take risks. As such I'm not in debt altough I might have scared people with minimal budget.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 01-25-2021 at 08:15 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think Se is tied to abuse, but Se mixed with testosterone in young males often doesn't bode well and can end up resulting in that. Although a lot of the people that SLE attacked, I think they had it coming as usually it was people who were sadistically trying to bother me and take advantage of my IEI niceness. lol duality! <3. But not always, in unhealthy SLE males - they just start punching people for no good reason just because it feels good to hit them. Then you get the stereotypical SLE in prison for punching kittens/unarmed women or whatever.

All leading, 4D egoic functions can get pretty dark and out of hand though- Se is probably just the most 'obvious' and scapegoated when it happens because it's Se. But like egoic Te can treat everybody incredibly inhumanely and cruelly part of a 'system' when people are not systems. Egoic Fi is just incredibly biased and overly subjective in immoral ways. Judging people by attraction/repulsion only and no objective standards whatsoever. Egoic Ne... narcissistically and autistically changing the subject of conversation too much into something that has no substance and is just fluffy weak NOTHING-NESS. Egoic Ni relies too much on fantasy and train-of-consciousness that ends up derailing and goes out of whack into something creepy and sadistic and downright incoherent- it just breaks everything up. Egoic Si doesn't confront anything- is just a languish shell. Plays victim and martyr to keep the peace even though it's raging inside. And then it often does rage, destroying relationships in the process with sadism and hatred that wasn't placed in a proper Ni tempo.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Diaper 007 View Post
    Lol, FI PoLR (~self dehumanization ). In the end you should rely on yourself while it is not necessary so... (let it be in a cardboard box). That is how I make decisions even if I take risks. As such I'm not in debt altough I might have scared people with minimal budget.
    Ok, this is true. I admire this. I really do, I swear. I admire asceticism. I think simplicity is a good core value to have, and it's part of why I like Quaker ideology so much.

But, also, consider this. The energy healing session was an emergency, ok? My energies were out of alignment. What am I supposed to do? Walk around with a shitty aura all day? Now that would just be silly.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't feel bad, @megedy. Most of these things get worse with age, but the good thing is, you don't care about them anymore.

I have:
    No budget for groceries. I impulse buy at Krogers.
    Spent my stimulus check on... I don't remember. Lol. It's gone, in any case.
    I don't smoke, but I have a weakness for eating out. Almost every meal.
    Over $200k in debt with a physics degree which no one cares about. Haven't had a regular job in twenty years.
    I have a burner phone with TRACFONE minutes.
    No longer deciding which utility bill I won't pay this month. Instead, I just didn't pay my property taxes. It's way better than skipping utilities.
    It is fascinating how Si PoLR can have a great deal in common with Te PoLR even though that would include comparing conflictor types as similar in the process. It adds up in my head, because I always saw Si and Te as the primary functions of responsibility in our modern world (yuck).
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@megedy I was certain you were EII-Ne with regards to my first impression of you, however that is not a solid idea anymore after watching you. You have a body language and eye movement that is more reminiscent of Ne ego to me, but I can very much see the case for SEI. Ne/Si valuing is by far the biggest thing I will stand by. If I am forced to pick, I would now change my mind to SEI-Fe based off temperament and I can see a very good case for Ne seeking whereas I don’t see anything that really tells me that you want Te. I think Alpha SFs can look deceptively childlike a lot of times, so it’s nothing new (Alpha is the childhood Quadra in the Quadra progression, anyways). You seem like a well adjusted SEI. This is not the first time I’ve disagreed with a typing by Gulenko, and I’m sure it won’t be the last - I think he over represents Beta in his typings and it could boil down to differences in our society from his if anything.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    @megedy I was certain you were EII-Ne with regards to my first impression of you, however that is not a solid idea anymore after watching you. You have a body language and eye movement that is more reminiscent of Ne ego to me, but I can very much see the case for SEI. Ne/Si valuing is by far the biggest thing I will stand by. If I am forced to pick, I would now change my mind to SEI-Fe based off temperament and I can see a very good case for Ne seeking whereas I don’t see anything that really tells me that you want Te. I think Alpha SFs can look deceptively childlike a lot of times, so it’s nothing new (Alpha is the childhood Quadra in the Quadra progression, anyways). You seem like a well adjusted SEI. This is not the first time I’ve disagreed with a typing by Gulenko, and I’m sure it won’t be the last - I think he over represents Beta in his typings and it could boil down to differences in our society from his if anything.
    There are parts of SEI that would track for me. I do like being comfy. I think one of the hard things about Si-base, for me, would be the romance style. Like I don't want to take care of anyone, that sounds like too much pressure. & if I'm being honest I want to be spoiled lol

I'm curious if people are judging my "quarantine style" as how I look when stuff is open >_> lmao I haven't had to go anywhere (& I really wasn't planning on making these videos public initially), I live alone, the only people I visit are my grandparents. But out of quarantine I do tend to have a more...e-girl vibe to my makeup and appearance. i have gauged ears! my hair wouldn't be like this if I wasn't so worried about going to the salon! lmfao & i used to think my preference for that style was Fi base-individuality and I'm starting to wonder if it's more Se trend-seeking.

Also another thing about Si that would be weird to me is the aspect of inner bodily sensations. Like...I had a certain misdiagnosis for a decade because I was oblivious to my own body state and was in denial about it. To the point you wouldn't believe me if I told you what happened lmfao it was bad & i felt dumb for ignoring it for so long and letting doctors convince me nothing was wrong. I also have a tendency to fluctuate between extremes on my relationship with food. & even when I live with other people, I really don't care what's harmonious in my living space or what's not. I know if my apartment is "clean" or not for visitors coming over but beyond that? Eh.

Idk I think my intuition is stronger, I'd have to examine Ne seeking more closely but from my understanding making imaginative connections isn't really something I struggle with at all. If anything I get too in my head and fantasies. Unless that's just an introvert thing in general.

As far as being well-adjusted, though, lol thank you! Years of therapy

(Although take all my protesting with a grain of salt because like...again, I'm still a goober that deluded myself into thinking I was Fe ignoring lmao so I do appreciate other people's input even if I'm being a little turd about it)

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also before anyone says fear of contracting covid is Si base, feels important to point out I don't give a shit if I get sick, it'll give me an excuse to take a week off work. I'm more worried about passing it on to my family and killing my grandpa :I
    Last edited by megedy; 01-25-2021 at 09:19 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by megedy View Post
    I really don't care what's harmonious in my living space or what's not. I know if my apartment is "clean" or not for visitors coming over but beyond that? Eh.
    Don't worry, neither do SEIs worry beyond that.

NOT SEI confirmed. SEIs don't do therapy. Kinda kidding, although...
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rusal ooh okay now I'm curious, why wouldn't an SEI go to therapy? >_> Mental health issues can manifest as physical symptoms, I would assume a type that has concerns about their physical state would want to treat those at the source.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are parts of SEI that would track for me. I do like being comfy. I think one of the hard things about Si-base, for me, would be the romance style. Like I don't want to take care of anyone, that sounds like too much pressure. & if I'm being honest I want to be spoiled lol

I'm curious if people are judging my "quarantine style" as how I look when stuff is open >_> lmao I haven't had to go anywhere (& I really wasn't planning on making these videos public initially), I live alone, the only people I visit are my grandparents. But out of quarantine I do tend to have a more...e-girl vibe to my makeup and appearance. i have gauged ears! my hair wouldn't be like this if I wasn't so worried about going to the salon! lmfao & i used to think my preference for that style was Fi base-individuality and I'm starting to wonder if it's more Se trend-seeking.

Also another thing about Si that would be weird to me is the aspect of inner bodily sensations. Like...I had a certain misdiagnosis for a decade because I was oblivious to my own body state and was in denial about it. To the point you wouldn't believe me if I told you what happened lmfao it was bad & i felt dumb for ignoring it for so long and letting doctors convince me nothing was wrong. I also have a tendency to fluctuate between extremes on my relationship with food. & even when I live with other people, I really don't care what's harmonious in my living space or what's not. I know if my apartment is "clean" or not for visitors coming over but beyond that? Eh.

Idk I think my intuition is stronger, I'd have to examine Ne seeking more closely but from my understanding making imaginative connections isn't really something I struggle with at all. If anything I get too in my head and fantasies. Unless that's just an introvert thing in general.

(Although take all my protesting with a grain of salt because like...again, I'm still a goober that deluded myself into thinking I was Fe ignoring lmao so I do appreciate other people's input even if I'm being a little turd about it)
    I relate a lot to this. I also had a medical problem and had it for a long time without realizing the solution which was beyond ridiculous...and the last time I was pregnant, I didn’t even realize until I was 20 weeks. I thought I was bloated. Or I had some type of cancer. And this was #4 so you’d think I’d know Now I’m the joke of the family. They tease me about it all the time.

After listening to you talk, I think you sound clearly intuitive.
    i think the people that are typing you SEI are going by looks/more shallow things instead of the way you perceive things, no offense to them. I’ve been on the other end of it so I know it can be frustrating.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I relate a lot to this. I also had a medical problem and had it for a long time without realizing the solution which was beyond ridiculous...and the last time I was pregnant, I didn’t even realize until I was 20 weeks. I thought I was bloated. Or I had some type of cancer. And this was #4 so you’d think I’d know Now I’m the joke of the family. They tease me about it all the time.

After listening to you talk, I think you sound clearly intuitive.
    i think the people that are typing you SEI are going by looks/more shallow things instead of the way you perceive things, no offense to them. I’ve been on the other end of it so I know it can be frustrating.
    Hahaha oh no! At least you figured out you were pregnant eventually! To be fair nobody else said anything? Like your husband didn't notice either? That's on him too then!

Yeah I just zone out and don't always feel connected to my body? Like I'm terrible about picking at my the skin around my fingernails without even realizing it. I really wish I could feel safe going to a salon right now, because gel manicures seem to be the only thing that keeps me from picking at my skin until it bleeds (ugh it's a nasty habit).

But yeah so other stuff like actual health issues usually gets put off like crazy. "Doctor said I'm fine so I guess I'm fine?" and then turned out I was not fine. The surgeon that finally treated me was like "...how did you live like this for so long?" Beats me bud, lmfao.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha oh no! At least you figured out you were pregnant eventually! To be fair nobody else said anything? Like your husband didn't notice either? That's on him too then!

Yeah I just zone out and don't always feel connected to my body? Like I'm terrible about picking at my the skin around my fingernails without even realizing it. I really wish I could feel safe going to a salon right now, because gel manicures seem to be the only thing that keeps me from picking at my skin until it bleeds (ugh it's a nasty habit).

But yeah so other stuff like actual health issues usually gets put off like crazy. "Doctor said I'm fine so I guess I'm fine?" and then turned out I was not fine. The surgeon that finally treated me was like "...how did you live like this for so long?" Beats me bud, lmfao.
    lol yeahhh it was pretty embarrassing. It was actually my husband that said something to me about it. Well my mom kept asking me and I told her that it was ridiculous because I was on birth control. My husband said he thought I was for a while...but he didn’t want to say anything??? That might sound odd to some, but I’m not surprised...

Ive never been to the salon to gel manicures, but it sounds nice. Have you tried doing something like that at home on your own? I’m a skin picker too, sometime around my nails, but not as bad as I used to be. But not until it bleeds. It sounds painful. I mainly chew the inside of my mouth anymore.

my mom (ESE-C) had something like that happen to her lately, with a dr telling her she was fine. Turned out she had ovarian cancer. she still suspected something was seriously wrong and luckily got a second opinion. Probably would have died if she didn’t. I suspect a lot of times dr.’s aren’t as all knowing as people think they are. I’ve had drs google my symptoms on a smart phone right in front of me. It’s ridiculous lol. But I’m glad you got it taken care of! It sounds like it was pretty serious! Scary stuff.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol yeahhh it was pretty embarrassing. It was actually my husband that said something to me about it. Well my mom kept asking me and I told her that it was ridiculous because I was on birth control. My husband said he thought I was for a while...but he didn’t want to say anything??? That might sound odd to some, but I’m not surprised...

Ive never been to the salon to gel manicures, but it sounds nice. Have you tried doing something like that at home on your own? I’m a skin picker too, sometime around my nails, but not as bad as I used to be. But not until it bleeds. It sounds painful. I mainly chew the inside of my mouth anymore.

my mom (ESE-C) had something like that happen to her lately, with a dr telling her she was fine. Turned out she had ovarian cancer. she still suspected something was seriously wrong and luckily got a second opinion. Probably would have died if she didn’t. I suspect a lot of times dr.’s aren’t as all knowing as people think they are. I’ve had drs google my symptoms on a smart phone right in front of me. It’s ridiculous lol. But I’m glad you got it taken care of! It sounds like it was pretty serious! Scary stuff.
    Well at least that's one way of finding out he didn't mind having a fourth baby hahaha!

Yeah and I think part of the problem with doctors too is that women just aren't taken as seriously when we go in to be seen. Jeez that sounds so scary for your mom, at least she was able to advocate for herself and it was caught so she can be treated now I hope everything goes well for her from here on out.

I wasn't taken seriously until I had family drag me to a better hospital so they could help speak on my behalf and help vouch for me. I think having a man in the room say "this isn't normal" was the only reason I got the surgery I needed.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well at least that's one way of finding out he didn't mind having a fourth baby hahaha!

Yeah and I think part of the problem with doctors too is that women just aren't taken as seriously when we go in to be seen. Jeez that sounds so scary for your mom, at least she was able to advocate for herself and it was caught so she can be treated now I hope everything goes well for her from here on out.

I wasn't taken seriously until I had family drag me to a better hospital so they could help speak on my behalf and help vouch for me. I think having a man in the room say "this isn't normal" was the only reason I got the surgery I needed.
    LOL that’s very true. He was excited. I cried and cried and ugly sobbed. Because my youngest was 6 and was in school. I finally had a little bit of freedom. I just knew things weren’t right for it at the time. But it’s ok. Baby O is so sweet and lovely. and I had a little bump in the road because of it that made me all the wiser. So here we are

yeah men prob don’t take women as seriously...I think too a lot of the problem drs think they know everything (are a bit arrogant). That’s scary that they wouldn’t listen to you like that. It’s really ridiculous that people have to advocate. my moms dr was a woman. she had it removed but it came back. she has surgery again next month. prob not a good sign it came back already like that...but anyway, I don’t want to get all depressing on your thread! I’ll save that for the random thought thread, where I can torture everyone It’ll be ok, no matter what. This is just a lesson for us all to advocate for our health, I suppose!
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL that’s very true. He was excited. I cried and cried and ugly sobbed. Because my youngest was 6 and was in school. I finally had a little bit of freedom. I just knew things weren’t right for it at the time. But it’s ok. Baby O is so sweet and lovely. and I had a little bump in the road because of it that made me all the wiser. So here we are

yeah men prob don’t take women as seriously...I think too a lot of the problem drs think they know everything (are a bit arrogant). That’s scary that they wouldn’t listen to you like that. It’s really ridiculous that people have to advocate. my moms dr was a woman. she had it removed but it came back. she has surgery again next month. prob not a good sign it came back already like that...but anyway, I don’t want to get all depressing on your thread! I’ll save that for the random thought thread, where I can torture everyone It’ll be ok, no matter what. This is just a lesson for us all to advocate for our health, I suppose!
    Aww, I can imagine that must've been such a shock, but at least it sounds like everything worked out just fine in the end (& you'll still get a little bit more freedom again eventually once the youngest joins the rest at school age, haha!)

Yeah I think doctors just assume people lie about their issues for some reason? I'm sure arrogance has a big part in it. They don't want to consider that they might be wrong, even if they're just googling symptoms anyways. & honestly I thought I WAS advocating, but you have so many doctors saying "you're fine" that you just get used to a different kind of normal, I guess. That's so terrible that your mom's doctor still didn't listen to her. I always thought women doctors would be more sensitive to women's issues. I hope her surgery goes alright!

(& for what it's worth I don't care about whos thread is whos or going off on tangents. at least not here hahaha!)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rusal ooh okay now I'm curious, why wouldn't an SEI go to therapy? >_> Mental health issues can manifest as physical symptoms, I would assume a type that has concerns about their physical state would want to treat those at the source.

Some SEI's are somehow aware of dialectical-algorithmic cognition plus Ne in 5th: “no one can help me with this which I project will be becoming more subdued starting now, anyway”. Whether it does for real is open to discussion.

I can see why Alpha was suggested for you (ILE by looks).

I don't know if asked you this, but, do you find yourself in the IEI description, the subtypes, for example?
    You can try SEI-Fe for a while, and see how that fits. Read the subtype profile. More importantly, stick around to write how your perception evolves. I am curious.

I had a superior at work. Before anything, the clichés: she dressed superbly and enjoyed travelling and yoga.

I didn't pay much attention to her type at first, but I kept hitting something familiar with her: she carried a mug of tea to sip wherever she went (to create some physical sensation that confirmed her in the world or create comfort) and visited a syncretic woman in the mountains that was reported to send people she touched on a trip, but what really felt like looking in the mirror was her attitude to work. Work meetings with her meant outlining a plan and then she ghosted her whole team for months. There was no pressure and she herself seemed to shy away from it. Propositions just vanished in thin air.

SEI-Fe is the type I am left with for her. In a continuum of this woman and the woman of the video below is where, you might be aN SEI-Fe. Does the written above seem somewhat close to you?

This blonde presenter dancing is an SEI-Fe.

Yeah I just zone out and don't always feel connected to my body? Like I'm terrible about picking at my the skin around my fingernails without even realizing it.
    What you describe doesn't entail weak Si or presence of intuition. The opposite could be argued: because Si types need to feel a connection to the physical world (like the example of the tea mug) they can develop disroders like dermatillomania as just a habit that worsens with anxiety.

There are parts of SEI that would track for me. I do like being comfy. I think one of the hard things about Si-base, for me, would be the romance style. Like I don't want to take care of anyone, that sounds like too much pressure
    Playing Devil’s Advocate at this point but that answer came out so unintendedly Si haha.
    Last edited by Rusal; 01-26-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, it's hard to wrap my head around a bit because I had such a different idea of what SLE was. Now that I'm starting to get a better idea of it, and with Gulenko saying my closest friend represents duality, I can start to see it? @Suspiria 's explanation of Se does pretty much describe what I admire in people. I don't care for violence or conflict or excessive pushiness, but I do envy people who have an assertiveness, know what they want, and stand up for what they believe in. & the reason she's always helped me out so much is she knows how to nudge me into making better choices and getting out of the ruts I have a tendency to fall into, but without being overbearing. She helps me expand my horizons and have new experiences I wouldn't be able to without her. I could see that in a romantic partner working, too, but I thought PoLR Fi meant...idk less loyalty or commitment? That's really important to me, too.

I will say that this morning, I watched this video about duality. At the little skit at the end, before he said what type of duality it was specifically, I thought to myself "oh that's the exact kind of meet-cute I've been dreaming of!"
    I haven't seen SLE as less loyal.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Some SEI's are somehow aware of dialectical-algorithmic cognition plus Ne in 5th: “no one can help me with this which I project will be becoming more subdued starting now, anyway”. Whether it does for real is open to discussion.

I can see why Alpha was suggested for you (ILE by looks).

I don’t know if asked you this, but, do you find yourself in the IEI description, the subtypes, for example?
    You can try SEI-Fe for a while, and see how that fits. Read the subtype profile. Most importantly, stick around to write how your perception evolves. I am curious.

I had a superior at work. Before anything, the clichés: she dressed superbly and enjoyed travelling and yoga.

I didn't pay much attention to her type at first, but I kept hitting something familiar with her: she carried a mug of tea to sip wherever she went (to create some physical sensation that confirmed her in the world or create comfort) and visited a syncretic woman in the mountains that was reported to send people she touched on a trip, but what really felt like looking in the mirror was her attitude to work. Work meetings with her meant outlining a plan and then she ghosted her whole team for months. There was no pressure and she herself seemed to shy away from it. Propositions just vanished in thin air.

SEI-Fe is the type I am left with for her. In a continuum of this woman and the woman of the video below is where, you might be aN SEI-Fe. Does the written above seem somewhat close to you?
    I'll have to sit on it for a while. As far as that description goes, part of it sounds like me and part of it doesn't. I normally prefer jeans and boots and band t-shirts, and I wear nice sweaters when I'm trying to be "presentable". The only makeup I still do during quarantine is my eyebrows lol but I do like getting compliments on them.

I don't really care for tea but I do have a reputation amongst my friends and family for a terrible affection for diet Mtn Dew if that counts for anything? lmao

I joke about having an energy healer but I don't actually put much stock in energy medicine beyond it being a really fancy massage and a different form of meditation (which does have proven benefits). I think I've said before I don't like putting stock in supernatural explanations when natural explanations for things fit. I think a person saying they can send you on a trip with just a touch sounds like something someone who's never done shrooms might be enticed by lol >_> Essential oils just smell good, too. I don't think they are actually able to heal you for anything.

I DO do yoga twice a week but it wasn't my idea to do it, I got invited to do it and it's how my friend and I are exercising during quarantine together. We hold each other accountable that way.

also that lady in that video looks really sweet and fun but when I dance I've been compared to Elaine. The nicest thing anyone's ever said about my dancing is that I "look like I'm having a lot of fun" lmfao.

IDK how much of this is Si or not honestly.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As it stands, SEI is by no means my final answer. I am still very open to getting on board with EII. Like I said, you really do possess that Ne energy to me. But I cannot see IEI... Anyone who thinks you’re not a Ne/Si valuer should probably reevaluate their knowledge of Socionics lol.

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody was on to me being some kind of Fe ego and/or irrational except me. v_v lmao

Yeah I'm still exploring the IEI descriptions now but it makes sense! Especially his explanations of why irrational > rational, and strong valued intuition over everything else. It also explains why I identified so much with EII but none of the subtypes for it made any sense to me. IEI-C just fits together.

@aster hahaha you and me both on that book! At least you weren't the only one that thought I was SEI or IEE lol
    I should have worded my sentiments differently, I apologize. I'm really excited about this but didn't know how to say since I was so exhausted when writing up that short bit (not an excuse but still, I apologize). I got typed IEI-CN and can relate a lot to what you say here in this thread and the G thread. I grew up with someone who I suspect is SLE (he's IRL Tom Nook), so developmentally being constantly exposed to Se at a young age consistently, this is maybe why we IEI-C have accentuated Se? Haha go us! TBH it's great to have another IEI-C on here and I'm glad someone sweet with a great sense of humor like you is IEI-C. Looking at your posts, through your sense of humor, emotional intelligence, and even the way you apply force, I can understand why your Ne and Se developed to the point where he wants to use you as a class exemplar for this type, and if that doesn't speak to the forums as to what this type looks like then idk what will.

But yeah enough of my silly hobbyist rambling, (Reputably) Typed IEIs unite, is what I'm saying.
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILE-Ne

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    I should have worded my sentiments differently, I apologize. I'm really excited about this but didn't know how to say since I was so exhausted when writing up that short bit (not an excuse but still, I apologize). I got typed IEI-CN and can relate a lot to what you say here in this thread and the G thread. I grew up with someone who I suspect is SLE (he's IRL Tom Nook), so developmentally being constantly exposed to Se at a young age consistently, this is maybe why we IEI-C have accentuated Se? Haha go us! TBH it's great to have another IEI-C on here and I'm glad someone sweet with a great sense of humor like you is IEI-C. Looking at your posts, through your sense of humor, emotional intelligence, and even the way you apply force, I can understand why your Ne and Se developed to the point where he wants to use you as a class exemplar for this type, and if that doesn't speak to the forums as to what this type looks like then idk what will.

But yeah enough of my silly hobbyist rambling, (Reputably) Typed IEIs unite, is what I'm saying.
    No offense taken! I sincerely thought it was funny! I really get now why people saw creative Fe so obviously, and it's genuinely goofy of me and speaks to how much I misunderstood that I thought I was Fe-ignoring. So don't apologize lol!

& yeah I really have been reading his book, I've been reading the descriptions for the other types people are pinning me as, and nothing fits so well as IEI. I'll read a section for IEI, think "oh no that's not me", and then suddenly, hours later, I'll realize "oh shit, that IS me." Nothing for IEE or ILE or SEI is bringing me any insights the same way. Which also, I think, speaks volumes for the way Gulenko is able to see through how we wish to be seen or how we think of ourselves versus how we actually cognitively think. Even in cases of different life experiences boosting Ne and Se.

& aww I appreciate it! I definitely feel similarly when I read your posts. I think it might have been you that mentioned once before in the Gulenko thread that ITR holds up for most (if not all) of the people he's typed haha. That stuck with me and it's not lost on me that you and @aster are the people I relate most to.

Heck yeah IEI gang!

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably the most serious post I’ve made so far;

I’m curious how heavy an influence role function is having in the argument of Si vs Ni. Ni-dominant would want to be seen as Si dominant in unfamiliar spheres and vice versa. I CAN come off as light and jovial and like people thinking of me that way but honestly, I am not always a very bright and bubbly person. I have gone through quite a lot of hardships and can very easily end up dwelling on those. It is a conscious effort to instead choose to see the brighter side to things. I will crack jokes about it, but ultimately therapy and a stronger connection to my own personal sense of “faith” (or whatever you might call it, connection to the metaphysical in as much as I see it) has brought me to a better place.

On reflection, my intuition does, in its most basic and frequent form, take to a deeply personal narrative. My main focus of interest is my own place in life. Where I have been, where I am currently, where I will be. What that meant for me, what that means to me, what it could mean in the future. There is a deeply Fi-infused personal sentimentality to it, which can be mistaken for a Si-based reminiscence (and what led to my initial self-type of EII). But my nostalgia isn’t for anything physical. It’s for the feelings and impressions I had during a time period. & it is most certainly not limited to the past.. I like to think about where my course is taking me, and what I can do to steer it. I am frequently disconnected from myself and the world around me. I inhabit the world of fantasy more than I do my surroundings. My interests are often more ideological than practical, and with the obvious ethical slant.

Role comfort sensation as gulenko describes ultimately fits much more neatly than command. I am prone to complaining about my health on occasion, but also of very much ignoring it and suppressing extreme amounts of pain (even to the shock and bewilderment of doctors). I frequently struggle to make myself comfortable, or even notice that I’m uncomfortable until someone else points it out.

I am more convinced now that I am Se-seeking. I gravitate toward people who are strong, decisive, ambitious, and energetic. People who are practical, willing to explore, and give me a reason to do so with them. I am drawn to people who are blunt, without necessarily meaning to be hurtful but who are honest in situations where others are doing wrong. This was a large part of what drove me to think I was Te-seeking.

I mentioned before, but I am now quite sure that how I’ve been dressing during quarantine has had an undue influence on how people were visually identifying me. While I do like coming off as “cute”, it’s honestly been a bit of a wake-up call that I might need a bit of a glow-up...

The larger reason behind why I chose to get professionally typed was because I have been, over the last year, coming out of a very long period of hard times, mental illness, and general toxicity in my immediate environment. In a healthier place than I was previously, I was curious if I had misunderstood aspects of socionics. I wanted to break out of that fog and enlighten myself, so that I could come to a fuller understanding of myself. To that end, I ultimately agree with Gulenko’s description. I understand there are people who are going to think this is unwise of me, that I’m wrong, or that I put undue influence on his verdict. However, if anything, I think he was very perceptive at revealing my underlying cognition, and seeing past some of the delusional ways I was viewing myself. Gulenko and his methods have already been debated countless times in this forum, and it’s possible he might occasionally be wrong. In my case, however, I do think he’s right, & it’s not a debate I’m interested in having.

I’m taking my video links down for now, as I believe I’ve gotten all the input I need to come to an informed decision. Whether I ultimately disagreed with other people’s judgments or not, I did find their opinions welcome, reasonable, and worthwhile. So thank you to everyone who gave me a lot to think about since I got my assessment in, it did help me come to a more whole understanding.

Now the fun begins in trying to apply these concepts to real world relations. And I’m bored of talking about myself now so also maybe going back to shitposting. <3

TLDR; i’m an IEI-C and also I’m gonna dye my hair pink.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    I got typed IEI-CN
    Cyanide sub. Makes me suspicious but if most (>50 %) of your ex-boyfriends are still alive I'll calm down.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate a lot to all that @megedy

im glad that it helped you! helped me a lot, too

ps
    have you finished book yet? (I haven’t, just getting into beta )
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Megedy, as I said before, I’d like you to stick around. So take this as commentary on Si and Ni in ethicals rather than a challenge to your typing.

On reflection, my intuition does, in its most basic and frequent form, take to a deeply personal narrative. My main focus of interest is my own place in life. Where I have been, where I am currently, where I will be. What that meant for me, what that means to me, what it could mean in the future. There is a deeply Fi-infused personal sentimentality to it, which can be mistaken for a Si-based reminiscence (and what led to my initial self-type of EII). But my nostalgia isn’t for anything physical. It’s for the feelings and impressions I had during a time period.
    Nostalgia is usually for feelings and impressions. I'm not sure where you get the 'physical' quality side of the supposed nostalgia of Si.

I am frequently disconnected from myself and the world around me. I inhabit the world of fantasy more than I do my surroundings. My interests are often more ideological than practical, and with the obvious ethical slant.
    Much of this is also true for me. It doesn't hold as much weight as you think it does. Ni is more armchair planner and Si can languish (as someone aptly pointed out) in their impressions. Se ignoring and Te polr in in Si leads take the form of disconnection as well. Attention should be paid so that one is not confused for the other, as dermatollomania or similar is not necessarily indication of disconnection by the way of intuition and is actually a way sensing can come to bite you in the butt, for example.

I gravitate toward people who are strong, decisive, ambitious, and energetic. People who are practical, willing to explore, and give me a reason to do so with them. I am drawn to people who are blunt, without necessarily meaning to be hurtful but who are honest in situations where others are doing wrong. This was a large part of what drove me to think I was Te-seeking.
    This is generally true for ip introverts. Young introverted women like you would be very aware of those traits. Admiration and gravitation is real but they are not the whole story of duality.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate a lot to all that @megedy

im glad that it helped you! helped me a lot, too

ps
    have you finished book yet? (I haven’t, just getting into beta )
    Thank you!!

I keep skipping around! I made it through most of the intro, but then I kept going back between different alphas and betas.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Megedy, as I said before, I’d like you to stick around. So take this as commentary on Si and Ni in ethicals rather than a challenge to your typing.
    Naaah you're all not gettin rid of me that easy lol. I just meant that, after some thought, I ultimately agree with Gulenko. Also feels weird to talk about myself this much to people I'm not paying to listen lmfao.

Nostalgia is usually for feelings and impressions. I'm not sure where you get the 'physical' quality side of the supposed nostalgia of Si.
    I just meant that I don't really actually care to revisit the places or reminisce on specific activities in my mind, and honestly I never remember specific events anyways. It's more like...the general time period. The era, the chapter. Someone upthread mentioned that Si reminiscing is along the lines of "remember when we did..." whereas Ni is more along the lines of using the past to predict the future. I reminisced about my childhood in the Northeast for a long time before moving back. The goal, the point of the reminiscing for a decade, was always to eventually move back. I wanted it for years. I would talk about it at length. It was what I wanted for my future. & now that I live here again I don't really reminisce about it anymore.

Whereas other people will say "remember when we did...", to which I always reply "...not really no" lol

Much of this is also true for me. It doesn't hold as much weight as you think it does. Ni is more armchair planner and Si can languish (as someone aptly pointed out) in their impressions. Se ignoring and Te polr in in Si leads take the form of disconnection as well. Attention should be paid so that one is not confused for the other, as dermatollomania or similar is not necessarily indication of disconnection by the way of intuition and is actually a way sensing can come to bite you in the butt, for example.
    Honestly armchair planner still fits me better, too. While I could point out the occasional Sunday I've spent the entire day in bed imagining stories (and get typed as an Ne-valuer for it), I really do constantly spout off and research plans that I know I'm, ultimately, never going to pursue. A recent example, my company offers the opportunity to WFH wherever you want, and has an office in Florida. I've spent whole afternoons perusing apartments, browsing local community websites (& their subreddits lol), learning about the local culture, looking at what kind of activities I'd do if I lived there.

Then my sister reminded me I would have to deal with alligators and mosquitos and Floridians and I realized it would probably not actually be that nice (...but also I still think about it sometimes. OR I could move to California, their office there is actually somewhere with a relatively low COL...)

Yeah honestly that just makes me more convinced of Ni lol because this is just one example but I'm playing this sort of "what-if" games constantly & that consumes the bulk of my inner monologue. It works out when I DO end up doing the thing I'd been fantasizing about. Things will go pretty much to the way I expect them to.

& dermatillomania's not the only thing I do where I'm disconnected from reality or my body. It just felt like the most immediate example.

This is generally true for ip introverts. Young introverted women like you would be very aware of those traits. Admiration and gravitation is real but they are not the whole story of duality.
    Okay this is fair and good advice lol.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!!

I keep skipping around! I made it through most of the intro, but then I kept going back between different alphas and betas.
    lol it sounds like we are in about the same spot. I read the beginning, alpha, and now I’m almost done with beta. Trying to read it slowly that way I can absorb it better, opposed to my usual speed reading.... I’m sure if I try to argue my point, my mind will still go blank, like it usually does, even with all the reading...
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whereas other people will say "remember when we did...", to which I always reply "...not really no" lol .
    Neither would SEIs reply otherwise, so don't read anything into it. And IEI can verbally recall “remember when it…” as well and 'impressions' rather than specific events are gathered just as well by Si.

Honestly armchair planner still fits me better, too. While I could point out the occasional Sunday I've spent the entire day in bed imagining stories (and get typed as an Ne-valuer for it), I really do constantly spout off and research plans that I know I'm, ultimately, never going to pursue. A recent example, my company offers the opportunity to WFH wherever you want, and has an office in Florida. I've spent whole afternoons perusing apartments, browsing local community websites (& their subreddits lol), learning about the local culture, looking at what kind of activities I'd do if I lived there. (…) Yeah honestly that just makes me more convinced of Ni
    'Armchair planner' should be understood in the Beta sense: propelling movement towards acquisition. Resource acquisition. It's a more focused and somewhat more sober energy than Si. It is realized fully when an SLE is around and is the reason why IEIs, IMO, look like they have it slightly more together than me (they aren't, after all, part of the permanent staff of Peter Pans in Alpha). Their Ni is trying to engage the real and gritty world in a way, I think this is where their Ni is headed with the 'what ifs' and why IEI are survivalists.

What you write I do as well: research life in other places to see what it would be like, find out about the environment and cool things to do (culture), etc. It falls under Si+Fe and Ne valuing: being on the lookout for general pleasant impressions, get the 'aura' of a place. A recent example: I had a thought that I’d like to move to Sothern Europe and I spent hours researching houses and apartments, what to see and do, etc. Now I keep getting notifications about the new Mediterranean 3 million euro villas in the market. Not Ni necessarily and neither is proclivity to bask in feel-good imaginings of plans that will never come to pass.
    Last edited by Rusal; 01-28-2021 at 04:08 PM.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rusal , look I'm trying to be nice and understanding here, because I WANT to understand the difference of Si vs Ni, but I don't get it. I originally thought I was EII because descriptions of intuitives fit better than any for sensors, and I knew I had strong Ne and weak Si. I didn't feel like IEI would be right either until Gulenko himself said I'm the archetype IEI-C. I can go through every single description in his book of why Command Ni fits better than Command Si and vice versa for Role, but it seems like no matter what I say, the goalposts keep moving.

"I've thought about it, but there's too many parts of the Command Si description that don't fit, example example example"

"Oh but SEIs do that too!"

"...okay, well, here are the parts of Ni Role and Ne seeking that don't fit me either example example example plus here's why Command Ni fits"

"Don't confuse that with SEIs, they can also be like that!"

You wear some comfy sweaters and light makeup in the middle of a damn lockdown and everybody can't get it out of their heads that you must be Si-dom, no matter how much you try and research and explain thoughtfully why it doesn't fit after some consideration.

Yeah I armchair planned for California but I also lived there. I armchair planned for the northeast and then I moved there. Sometimes I armchair plan for things I want but aren't really immediately feasible right now (but I still might actually do them, it's not like it's completely out of the realm of possibility. I literally could move to Florida next week if I wanted & it's just a matter of I WANT to be here with my family).

Ultimately, the crux of why I'm getting frustrated is this; if everybody does everything, then what is the point of bothering with learning any of this? If Gulenko himself can tell me I'm the damn Ur-IEI and everybody is going to think he's wrong and cherry-pick everything I say anyways, then what the hell am I supposed to do? Dial up Ausra with a slavic ouiji board for clarification?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Rusal , look I'm trying to be nice and understanding here, because I WANT to understand the difference of Si vs Ni, but I don't get it. I originally thought I was EII because descriptions of intuitives fit better than any for sensors, and I knew I had strong Ne and weak Si. I didn't feel like IEI would be right either until Gulenko himself said I'm the archetype IEI-C. I can go through every single description in his book of why Command Ni fits better than Command Si and vice versa for Role, but it seems like no matter what I say, the goalposts keep moving.

"I've thought about it, but there's too many parts of the Command Si description that don't fit, example example example"

"Oh but SEIs do that too!"

"...okay, well, here are the parts of Ni Role and Ne seeking that don't fit me either example example example plus here's why Command Ni fits"

"Don't confuse that with SEIs, they can also be like that!"

You wear some comfy sweaters and light makeup in the middle of a damn lockdown and everybody can't get it out of their heads that you must be Si-dom, no matter how much you try and research and explain thoughtfully why it doesn't fit after some consideration.

Yeah I armchair planned for California but I also lived there. I armchair planned for the northeast and then I moved there. Sometimes I armchair plan for things I want but aren't really immediately feasible right now (but I still might actually do them, it's not like it's completely out of the realm of possibility. I literally could move to Florida next week if I wanted & it's just a matter of I WANT to be here with my family).

Ultimately, the crux of why I'm getting frustrated is this; if everybody does everything, then what is the point of bothering with learning any of this? If Gulenko himself can tell me I'm the damn Ur-IEI and everybody is going to think he's wrong and cherry-pick everything I say anyways, then what the hell am I supposed to do? Dial up Ausra with a slavic ouiji board for clarification?
    I was thinking the bolded just yesterday, @megedy. Everyone does everything, so how can you draw distinctions between the types?

I think the answer is the degree to which people do things. Other than that, it can be hard to tell.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I told you not to take it personally; I just seem to be hair-splitting because I'm aware there might be lukers reading and it wouldn't be ok if what they got from this is that daydreaming and a penchant for envisioning interesting places to live means intuitive. Enough to know that neither Ni (nor Si) correspond unequivocally to deaydreaming or living outside one's body, but that one of those IE in the lead produce a definite set of attributes and you can get familiar with them by interacting with people of the type and, if not, reading quadra values and dualities might be a good start.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast