Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is the male aggressor romantic-style outdated?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    sbbds, this happens with the ESI's that I like, particularly the ESI-Se's. If I make any sign that I kind of like them, they get dismayed and dodge. This seems to be consistently true with this type. Eventually, they might think about it and will return to the conversation, but their first reaction is to hide or run away.
    I think it worked well when I was charismatically just entertaining the group of us that were at the event together (some strangers but all connected somehow and at a big event together where we all felt a little shy). And he was VERY quiet. I kept reaching out to him and connecting and then moving on. I mistook the ESI-Se for a SLI or something and was just being extroverted and paying him compliments in a warm, sincere way but also turned back to the group. I think it let him get the idea I wasn't hunting him. When he started stationing himself at my side the next hour and offering to drive me to the next place we all danced and talking to my friends about me, I realized he was introvert version making a gesture/move/asking me out. It made me uneasy because he was so starched (literally), and I misunderstood that's sometimes a XSI thing. I am a swaggery,fly-by-the-seat of my pants person, and I thought he had the wrong idea about us working out. But the buddy telling me he was sleeve-tatted up under the clothes and my friend's exhortation got me to warily agree.

I liked that there was a mutual confidence, freedom/you don't own me, and power-sharing vibe the rest of the time. Kinda seems like we could both be hunty but on the same team...Hunting orgasms together is a good past-time for Ni-Se couples, imo. I want to run at him sometimes, him lurch at me others...kinda like that song..
    Last edited by nanashi; 08-16-2020 at 11:59 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    A male seems to need a modicum of testosterone to have any kind of sexual drive. Male drive (not testosterone) seems to linked to possessive, controlling/manipulative behaviour - like animals. This may not translate to observable aggression so I'll wait for a study involving orders of magnitude more than 120 people. In order to get laid one has to push into a crowd or schmooze a straggler; it's certainly not lay on one's back passive action.

a.k.a. I/O
    Males depend on their estrogen in order to have erections.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    it's not about aggressor vs. victim, in general now it's a good time for extroverted women and introverted men and also a bit of a bad time for introverted women (who are socially forced into more "aggressive career" roles) and extroverted males (who are supposed to spend more time at home, etc. etc.)
    Basic human rights to provide for ourselves (and not being coerced into hoping the nearest male relative will feed us when we're able-bodied to provide for ourselves) has not caused introverted women to be pushed into 'aggressive career' roles. If any man or woman is pressured into a career role, it's other forces at work than the right to provide for oneself.

Extroverts often like doing extroverted things at their homes. I'm a nearly nomadic entj happiest out adventuring, but I don't want my introvert boyfriend/fiance/partner doing all the domestic drudgery. We extroverts managed our own shit when we were single, and I can find shit I like doing, like raking leaves and moving furniture and taking out trash, etc.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni-types do seem to have trouble with that. They seem to have much understanding of and insight into everyone but themselves; the ones that I've known were so convinced that they were right or righteous that I doubted that they ever took the time to analyse themselves. They also seemed to want to avoid details that might detract from the positive outcomes for which they strove.

a.k.a. I/O
    i dunno. Mentors and counselors keep telling me I have an 'impressive' understanding of myself.

I still find introspecting during conversation challenging, but I think that's because switching between extroverted foci and introverted ones sometimes is hard to do..?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not about aggressor vs. victim, in general now it's a good time for extroverted women and introverted men and also a bit of a bad time for introverted women (who are socially forced into more "aggressive career" roles) and extroverted males (who are supposed to spend more time at home, etc. etc.)
    I agree with @nanashi on this , especially since there always were plenty of introverted men who are making lots of money. One doesn’t need to be an extroverted man or woman, socially or otherwise to make money and have a successful career.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I agree with @nanashi on this , especially since there always were plenty of introverted men who are making lots of money. One doesn’t need to be an extroverted man or woman, socially or otherwise to make money and have a successful career.
    True. I met a fat bald manlet ILI-Te yesterday. He shits money, the cheapskate and drives an Audi A8 L 60 TFSI e quattro from 2020.
    Last edited by SGF; 08-18-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    True. I met a fat bald manlet ILI-Te yesterday. He shits money, the cheapskate and drives an Audi A8 L 60 TFSI e quattro from 2020.
    I just woke up snd thought you meant my ILI buddy, but then I remembered he has hair and not excess fat. Smh. He does drive beaut vehicles, tho.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    I just woke up snd thought you meant my ILI buddy, but then I remembered he has hair and not excess fat. Smh. He does drive beaut vehicles, tho.
    You don't live in Romania nanashi.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Driving BMW's or Audi's is an ILI trait, probably stemming from Se-Dual-Seeking. I notice that they rarely go for Mercedes, though. They don't want to be seen as the one running the show, merely as the Mastermind in the middle of a dark spiderweb, controlling everything from behind the scenes. To an ILI, being the Main Man is SEE territory.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mercedes is for status and comfort (old men). Audi and BMW are ”younger” and more geared for the thrill of driving fast.

Of course, A8 and 7 series are luxobarges like the S-class. M and RS models are where the fun is.

And yes, ILI love cool cars. I know one that drives Audi, one that drives Tesla and both of the two fellow Tesla owners that chatted me up at a Supercharger were ILI.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Driving BMW's or Audi's is an ILI trait, probably stemming from Se-Dual-Seeking. I notice that they rarely go for Mercedes, though. They don't want to be seen as the one running the show, merely as the Mastermind in the middle of a dark spiderweb, controlling everything from behind the scenes. To an ILI, being the Main Man is SEE territory.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    But that's not what I wrote. I didn't write that introverted males don't make money. I wrote that extroverted males may be supposed to spend more time at home and introverted women may be forced into aggressive career roles. You can make loads of money in non-aggressive career roles and you can spend your time outside drinking with friends rather than doing business. Now it's a good time to be an extroverted woman compared to the past because nobody would ever say that you're not taking care of the house etc. when you're outside doing your own thing. This is a good thing. But it's not counterbalanced by a positive attitude towards the same thing in males.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But that's not what I wrote. I didn't write that introverted males don't make money. I wrote that extroverted males may be supposed to spend more time at home and introverted women may be forced into aggressive career roles. You can make loads of money in non-aggressive career roles and you can spend your time outside drinking with friends rather than doing business. Now it's a good time to be an extroverted woman compared to the past because nobody would ever say that you're not taking care of the house etc. when you're outside doing your own thing. This is a good thing. But it's not counterbalanced by a positive attitude towards the same thing in males.
    Well you didn’t say that last part lol. I disagree though, I think it is. I don’t see how it’s not seen as positive for males too.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is a ferari.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"New scientific evidence refutes the preconception that testosterone causes aggressive, egocentric, and risky behavior."https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/12/091208132241.htm

incel or PUA ideology and myth but not science
    Good shit. I'm tired of "PUA" (incel) spreading their ideology everywhere online, these days.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For one thing, hormones do not directly change behavior; they influence the expression of a behavior within appropriate environmental/ social contexts

In terms of helping us understand the relationship between testosterone and aggressive behavior, the current evidence suggests that the relationship is nonlinear. Instead, there seems to be a threshold level after which exogenous administration of very high doses of testosterone may lead to negative behavioral changes in particular people under certain circumstances

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct. Behaviour does depend on how the urge is managed but barring self-preservation, the animal instinct does tend to tempt males to get it done by any means necessary. Because most males don't act upon it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

a.k.a. I/O
    bullshit. rape apologetics. lmao.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Victim Girls will seek Aggressor Males and vice versa. It is somewhat interesting how society is promoting male victims and female aggressor relations though. Though I will point out that they make out the female aggressors to be, shall we say, overly aggressive and the victim males to be, well, far more "feminine" than they actually would present themselves if we were being honest about all this.

No male "victim" who has an adequate amount of self esteem would ever pass as a "simp" if ya catch my meaning. We only bow before and offer our services and loyalty to the truly worthy of the opposite sex, not just any HB/H 10 (and I'm being generous with that consideration) who happens to give us a time of day. Yet that's how the media is presenting how things ought to be. I've said it many a time, we're all being told to adopt behavioral patterns that will ultimately Immiserate us.

I'd rather be happy than miserable. How about the rest of you?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Another point for ILI, lol. Look at my excessive laptop as well.
    Lol they certainly go other way than me. I even charge my phone with a self made bicycle dynamo charger [although it contains mosfet rectifiers and microcontrollers as well s super caps - so it is not exactly behind of its time]. I also use raspberry pi 4B as my desktop machine. My router is hacked originally cheap ass Chinese only machine which now has openwrt firmware. It is my own route.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 08-22-2020 at 10:09 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Romance styles don't really seem to have a solid basis. In general, the tendency is to select for certain genetic make ups and these may even be culturally enforced. There have been several scientific studies done on what people find attractive and how the sexes differ in general cases. I would imagine that individual preferences far outweigh the supposed compatibility of sociotypes. We as humans can learn to adapt to people who are not perfectly compatible with us but genuine, authentic attraction can't be manufactured.

As for the OP, I dislike aggressive men. They make me uncomfortable. I prefer men of any sociotype that can make their attraction clear and unambiguous. I dislike being pursued, it's a legitimate turn off. However, I also don't do the pursuing. If it's a good match, it happens naturally, without effort.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aggressor as applied in Socionics is a dubious term. The animalistic prime directive of most normal, heterosexual males is to impregnate females in a possessive, controlling/manipulative fashion. Type may, to a limited extent, determine how this urge is likely masked and visible aggressiveness indicates less capability to mask true intentions, which isn't limited to specific types. Now attractive men usually have bigger herds from which to choose but those aggressive urges are still ever present; if they aren't then males should have their testosterone levels checked. Being socially inept is a much broader problem that could also lead to them not chasing women; one should not confuse clumsiness with aggression. Most normal, heterosexual females are sexually 'thirsty' but cognition, in a similar fashion, masks their urges too.

a.k.a. I/O
    Yes controlling and manipulative..

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Panda View Post
    As for the OP, I dislike aggressive men. They make me uncomfortable. I prefer men of any sociotype that can make their attraction clear and unambiguous. I dislike being pursued, it's a legitimate turn off. However, I also don't do the pursuing. If it's a good match, it happens naturally, without effort.
    That's because according to your type, you're FeSi seeking but there are IEI women who are searching for extraterrestrial intelligence, also known as SeTi.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234