Page 8 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Your typing of forum members

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    Join in. I hope you're prepared for violence because when it comes to fights I'm like an animal; I'm more afraid of you than you're afraid of me
    If you want to pretend to be SLI then you'll have to work at presenting yourself more logically Sure everyone has opinions, that's human nature. But, you can't post meaningless catchphrases, have zero explanatory powers, and outright lie for the truth for the sake of your emotional opinion. You'll have to work at coming across as being a little more logical, and not just have your decision making process - your judgement function, being driven purely by F means.

And, did you not initially type as F when you came to the forum? Yes, you did.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    If you want to pretend to be SLI then you'll have to work at presenting yourself more logically Sure everyone has opinions, that's human nature. But, you can't post meaningless catchphrases, have zero explanatory powers, and outright lie for the truth for the sake of your emotional opinion. You'll have to work at coming across as being a little more logical, and not just have your decision making process - your judgement function, being driven purely by F means.

And, did you not initially type as F when you came to the forum? Yes, you did.
    ok

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok
    Great, I look forward to seeing you try to work on it. PM me with regular updates and I can tell you how to re-do your posts to make it more convincing for you

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Great, I look forward to seeing you try to work on it. PM me with regular updates and I can tell you how to re-do your posts to make it more convincing for you
    nah

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah
    Yes I didn't think you were being serious, you were just proving your point about how you 'aren't one for fighting because scarper typed my buddie as not IEE' except you are. Anyway it's 6 and half a dozen, also the amusing part is that I answered you.

I suppose in forums things change for many people. IRL I usually say nothing for people like you, you'd think scarper was a great guy, always willing to help you and assist with your business problems at work. Still, the other side of the coin is, abuse is abuse, turn a blind eye to it often enough and it becomes acceptable.

It's sort of like, put a sane man in an asylum and see who stands out as odd.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How does Scarper manage to get in fights only with people from the same quadra? I say that this is the only proof we need in order to claim that socionics is bullshit. Let's go home, guys and girls.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes I didn't think you were being serious, you were just proving your point about how you 'aren't one for fighting because scarper typed my buddie as not IEE' except you are. Anyway it's 6 and half a dozen, also the amusing part is that I answered you.

I suppose in forums things change for many people. IRL I usually say nothing for people like you, you'd think scarper was a great guy, always willing to help you and assist with your business problems at work. Still, the other side of the coin is, abuse is abuse, turn a blind eye to it often enough and it becomes acceptable.

It's sort of like, put a sane man in an asylum and see who stands out as odd.
    huh

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LOL.

Whatever is perceived as important etc. People's priorities are different. So do not fall in trap of over generalizations.
    Online stuff is also just online stuff. I believe some may want to regenerate their online masks etc. It is easy. Hitta is one example.

I'm fairly certain that one person here is truly genuine. Too bad it also comes with his own personal package and with too tight axioms.

Also:

People are capable of integrating information from different sources and with enough 'diligence' and brain plasticity a person may overcome lots of limits just by practicing it.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Join in.
    ok. Scarper feels extroverted to me. he continually attempts to arrange things (and doesn't seem to question his right to do so) in a more direct manner than I associate with cognitively introverted egos

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    Scarper feels extroverted to me.
    With respect, I'm not sure if you would appreciate any input from me regarding that matter due to our, lets put it mildly, less fortunate communication on the forum. My perception of others writing style is too inaccurate for me to have any opinion on Scarpers type. Personally, I thought Scarper behaves a lot like Sol but I was wrong about other peoples type, for example your type, too often so making an opinion about his type would be a waste of energy.
    If you don't mind, could you explain what feels extroverted about him?

edit:

ok. Scarper feels extroverted to me. he continually attempts to arrange things (and doesn't seem to question his right to do so) in a more direct manner than I associate with cognitively introverted egos
    Alright, you've already explained it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    How does Scarper manage to get in fights only with people from the same quadra? I say that this is the only proof we need in order to claim that socionics is bullshit. Let's go home, guys and girls.
    It is pretty much bs - at least this is the opinion i'm forming. There's many factors to take into account. Personal development, maturity; psychological type is just one aspect. Truthfully, to describe it like that, is kind of humorous, imagine saying to someone IRL, that there a large number of factors which influence compatibility, well they'd be thinking it's your first opportunity to meet captain obvious.

A number of factors - are certain people in my quadra?
    Observe some other types here - Gamma quadra is constantly in battle with each other.

For Delta, strat talks about an unofficial power hierarchy, whereas in Beta the power hierarchy is fixed. I can sort of see this in Delta, despite the drawbacks. I get status through experience, being good at what my chosen field is - an expert at work for instance, the 'go to' guy. Whereas Beta wants the power structure explicitly stated, i'm happy with being high in a power structure which is not officially set. For socionics, and socionics forums, this *could* happen too, however, it's not providing anything constructive or useful, it's primarily personal pride, over confidence in abilities, other motives, these types of factors, and it seems like a burden with no rewards.

Socionics has some use for me - in a sense that I can acknowledge the basic structures exist, some types as 'F', some are ILI, these things have helped me more than trying to objectively judge a set pattern of intertype relationships. At the same time, it does still manage to surprise me on occasion. There's been some nice moments of identity types and our similarities, and some nice moments of duals. Just don't expect an intertype typology to be as accurate as the people who picked all the correct jackpot numbers on Saturday night, avoid ascribing weird stereotypes as though they are fixed, keep an healthy balanced overall viewpoint, and mostly we'll be fine.

Edit: A major concern for me is how Jung did not identify an intertype compatibility. He hints at it in Chapter 10 of his psychological types, but if it existed for sure, I struggle to see how we would not have spotted it or spoke of it specifically.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bertrand is ILE IMO, not EII.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Turns out people who claim to be the most peaceful are those who seek violence, people who want enlightenment are the most shallow, people who say they are geniuses are the most ignorant and people who want an easy life cause the most problems.
    Not exactly. Some relation to what you wanted to say about contrast, is that people often seek the lack of what they have to compensate and supplement own traits. Duality works similar. So the ideals which they declare may be sincere, despite they don't fit them good.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SLI wars
    meanwhile, both of them were suspected by me as F types

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Not exactly. Some relation to what you wanted to say about contrast, is that people often seek the lack of what they have to compensate and supplement own traits. Duality works similar.
    Thank you for your input.
    My quote is more like fortune cookie wisdom, so I hope no one takes it too seriously

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I love how Strat is getting more playtime by the newer members

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My quote is more like fortune cookie wisdom, so I hope no one takes it too seriously
    It reads well enough as gaslighting to me, just forget about it and move on IMO.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not actually true. He picks fights with lots of different people, but what happens is that as soon as they refute him, he puts them on ignore. He has me on ignore, now ashlesha as well it seems, Bertrand, and idk who else. I think the only delta he's put on ignore is Sol. And I think (imo imo imo) this is because he doesn't want to deal with the consequences - he wants to bite without being bitten back. He claims he wants peace, but idk why you'd go around throwing rocks at people if you actually want peace.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fighting is better

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The whole our life is the cookie to get wisdom.
    I've thought you were upset by the contradiction of what people say and do, and tryied to explain why this happens sometimes.
    In Socionics people are not complete, we have distorted personality where only half of which is good. That's why duals are needed, - they help us to fill the emptiness in own persons and to help grow there. On weak functions people remind children, those are idealistic and naive, while in better seen strong functions part people look as almost opposite to those ideals.
    For example Te - rational, objective profit; Fi - unconditional compassion. So base Te may talk much about Fi things like love, having hard issues with it in themselves.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t y’all have other things to do?

・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naked pics are probably required for correct type evaluation but only for one sexual domain
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"The slave begins by demanding justice and ends by wanting to wear a crown. He must dominate in his turn." - Albert Camus

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Naked pics are probably required for correct type evaluation but only for one sexual domain
    Where do I send them?

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Where do I send them?
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...9467-Cuivienen

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is true. It's hard to type someone online..especially when you haven't heard his voice, see his movements..

VI videos aren't enough either. As you cannot really see how he/she reacts on stuffs.

Because usually in typing someone, they just express their thoughts.. Which usually those thoughts came from other thoughts..

Thoughts can be similar.

But how people react and behave (like really behave...not choose to behave) is different by how you say it, versus what you actually do.

Some type me here as SEE. But in real life, no one would ever type me as SEE. I'm more likely of an Ne-dom

Because actually it's easy for me to think of ideas.. New ideas. My thinking of ideas than other people is so fast.. I can ask question differently or much interesting i.guess.than others.. As i have lots of ideas in my head

But then, socionics is flawed. As i can also think introvertedly intuitive. But preferred Ne more.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I really think I'm Ne dom.. Because as you can see,i just type compulsively in my head.. Ideas come first before i write/type...

I never think of what to say because it just occurs naturally.

Probably when i tried overthinking or analyzing my ideas, then i think i could get the.introverted intuition on it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@nanashi more possible F type. mb ENFJ
    common their tactics to exaggerate and whine to lawlessness of authorities as an argument in conflicts

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    VI videos aren't enough either
    it's enough often. needs some training
    it's similar like IRL express typing by nonverbal - you see a man for several minutes in random situation, notice your impressions and get the type _which never ever change then_ dispite know about him more after time

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Strat there are Delta NFs with low morals, when you consider this then how can you really ascribe such behaviors to an Fi valuing type.

Consider a Ti-Fe duality. If you think the Ti type couldn't get tired of endless histrionics and drama then you'd be wrong.

The problem with socionics is, it ascribes even simpler behaviors than MBTI whilst still somehow thinking it's more articulate.

You'd be better learning about it IRL than reading stuff over forums, then you might realise what I did,, it doesn't describe much. You can have LIEs selling dodgy 2nd hand cars with no respect for boundaries, SLIs who aren't willing to entertain certain types of immature Ne dominants etc.
    OK, but what i wrote doesn't imply that what you state can't be true. Imo it's about frequency: how frequent is this behaviour displayed by said person. I also didn't want to play the morals card, or some better way of putting it, since imo Adam shows insensitivity to interpersonal boundaries which is not necessarily moral-tied. I also never see him offering any Fi - it would be odd for a member of the Te - Fi quadra. I often anticipate some Fi from a Te/Fi quadra person even if they are logical. I think of @FDG for instance who seems really warm and does offer some Fi every so often.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is pretty much bs - at least this is the opinion i'm forming. There's many factors to take into account. Personal development, maturity; psychological type is just one aspect. Truthfully, to describe it like that, is kind of humorous, imagine saying to someone IRL, that there a large number of factors which influence compatibility, well they'd be thinking it's your first opportunity to meet captain obvious.
    The main factors in compatibility are Socionics relations, DCNH and Enneagram. There are of course other more fuzzy factors, but these three are pretty obvious structural things.

When you learn socionics you should take all these factors into account. It gives you contrasts to work with. So based on what you wrote I think you are still learning. Socionics is very accurate in my opinion.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    The main factors in compatibility are Socionics relations, DCNH and Enneagram.
    Subtypes in Socionics and Enneagram are much more doubtful than Jung's types IR.
    While IR is mostly about informal friendship of equal people. If to take romantic relations, - they imply marriage possibility, what adds social factors, intellectual, physical, mb other significant psychological factors too which we are using instinctively.

> When you learn socionics you should take all these factors into account.

It would be enough just to know - there are other factors too. So people of same type may give different impressions in something or the different degree of those impressions.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subtypes in Socionics and Enneagram are much more doubtful than Jung's types IR.
    I know that you don't like subtypes, you have said it many times. But I have studied them for many years, and I know how important they are. You should learn DCNH too, you might like it, because it would likely improve your nonverbal observations.

I am giving this information to Scarper because it seemed that he was not able to observe the socionics relationships, and then it helps to get additional contrasting information to sort things out.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I know that you don't like subtypes
    It's not about what I like. It's what has the basis. Jung's types and IR have it incomparably better.

> you have said it many times

And may say further where they are recommended to be used. Especially when they are said like there are no other more important factors.
    Ennegram is interesting, but its subtypes system is strange. While Gulenko's subtypes look as total bs.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

it's enough often. needs some training
    it's similar like IRL express typing by nonverbal - you see a man for several minutes in random situation, notice your impressions and get the type _which never ever change then_ dispite know about him more after time
    They're just saying their thoughts

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@nanashi more possible F type. mb ENFJ
    common their tactics to exaggerate and whine to lawlessness of authorities as an argument in conflicts
    yeah, dis half the socion to shame someone for saying she was sexually harassed and wanting the forum to prevent it happening through the forum again.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    SLE does not = caveman attitudes and lack of awareness of progressive times. Like seriously people type Trump SLE because he comes off as an aggressive moron stuck in the past. I don't find Adam aggressive. I have seen aggressive men and from what he says about himself he is not one of them. Anyway I typed Trump SEE from the start since he is clearly an overly emotionally expressive man with strong Fi and demon Fe. Apparently Gulenko agrees with me. Not that that means anything at all since everyone is seeing what they want to see anyway. Like I said in Trump thread, does anyone actually know SLE irl...
    Just a reply about Se and Trump:

There seems to be a general problem with how to understand Se. It is usually not aggressive at all imo. My favourite example of SEE would be someone like Monica Lewinsky.

Se can be very penetrating, but it is like that because it is simply the most concrete function.

I am looking for that genuine, "rooted" Se if I type a person SxE. I don't see that in Trump. I see something that could be called Se, but it's too shallow, not that base-kind-of Se. My best bet so far is LIE for Trump.

I would expect a SEE in his position to be more cautious. Trump might be emotional. But I don't see strong feeling functions.

But it is disturbing me that Gulenko types him SEE (if he still does)

EDIT: Look at videos from the 1980:ies with Trump. It's easier to see his type back then.
    Last edited by Tallmo; 01-09-2018 at 06:10 PM.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Example of Gulenko SEE. Man in SEE who does all the speaking.

Is defined as having base with highly flexible in negotiation positions. Strong demonstrative that is not ego driven.

I think one characteristics of SEE is about keeping lots of social threads active in her/his head to gain some sort of winning position.

Also longs for long term solutions.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Just a reply about Se and Trump:

There seems to be a general problem with how to understand Se. It is usually not aggressive at all imo. My favourite example of SEE would be someone like Monica Lewinsky.

Se can be very penetrating, but it is like that because it is simply the most concrete function.

I am looking for that genuine, "rooted" Se if I type a person SxE. I don't see that in Trump. I see something that could be called Se, but it's too shallow, not that base-kind-of Se. My best bet so far is LIE for Trump.

I would expect a SEE in his position to be more cautious. Trump might be emotional. But I don't see strong feeling functions.

But it is disturbing me that Gulenko types him SEE (if he still does)
    I posted in the Trump thread where I had strong impressions of his Fi and demo Fe. You can read it there if interested. I don't know Gulenko's full reasoning. It is in the thread as well I believe. Not all Se is expressed the same. I agree it can be penetrating. I also considered LIE for him but I didn't perceive anything I would consider Ni creative but if you want to make a post in that thread I will read and consider.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is actually quite remarkable to see how easily some SEE's spin people around her. For example my sister capable of doing high degree of manipulation socially when it comes to relations and material things.
    She might not be visibly forceful but you can pretty much tell that she rules the roost in social sphere.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type