Thread: People Think You're Weird Because You Eat

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Weirdest things I eat are probably Jalapenos by the jar or cooked hamburger doused in salsa. I also have the strange habit of drinking the pickle juice once all the pickles are gone.
    ^^ sounds like he eats gas station food ^^

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't eat beef generally.
    But I do enjoy some cow tongue (tastes like pulled pork)

and we make deer burgers and deer jerky after we go hunting.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, I grew up on pickles. My grandpa grows/makes/jars/ships all different flavors of pickles. Pickles are always on the table at family gatherings.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Tofu? well, for a period of time I had to get protein from some place without getting additional saturated fats in me. My boyfriend just got me the most delicious frozen yogurt I've ever had in my entire life. It's the only one that I've ever tried that tastes like ice cream and not like someone froze a can of yogurt. It's in vanilla and chocolate swirl. <3
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JadaeRat View Post
    black beans out of the can.
    I hate eating any kind of food out of a can! I can practically taste the aluminum. The only thing I'm somewhat okay with is tuna and maybe baked beans.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol yeah me too @apple seeds, and orange seeds, and basically seeds of any kind.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    apple seeds are POISONOUS in sufficient quantity. Perhaps you are more resistant to cyanide now though...
    That's why other people think it's weird, but you need to eat a lot of apple seeds to ingest a sufficient amount of CN for it to reach life threatening levels. I'm talking like 2-4 seeds, which isn't very much - but thanks for the warning.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people think it's weird that I don't eat ketchup or mayonnaise. :/
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    No currywurst for you?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    No currywurst for you?
    No currywurst for me. No Pommes-Rot-Weiß for me.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    you're probably eating healthy that way
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    lol yeah me too @apple seeds, and orange seeds, and basically seeds of any kind.
    me too. I stopped once I learned how to eat around the core. I just consume the whole apple before. Some apples have a very soft center that is relatively small so I just ate it all. And I like small apples so I didn't see that as a problem.

White pearmains have become one of my favorite for that reason

https://www.google.com/search?q=appl...w=1199&bih=702
    -

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    That's why other people think it's weird, but you need to eat a lot of apple seeds to ingest a sufficient amount of CN for it to reach life threatening levels. I'm talking like 2-4 seeds, which isn't very much - but thanks for the warning.
    I also eat the apple seeds. Be sure to chew them a bit so they don't just pass through whole. Yes they are very good cancer fighters. Just eat them when you eat the apple.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite sandwich is miracle whip, peanut butter, & pickles. Has to be on white bread. The flavors blend together really well.

One time I ate nacho cheese dip with watermelon, because my mom and her boyfriend didn't believe I would. It honestly wasn't that bad.

I eat ketchup with my scrambled eggs, but not any other style of eggs.
    I really like ketchup, actually. I normally carry packets with me. It has to be Heinz though, Hunts tastes too acidic and nasty.

I used to put ketchup on EVERYTHING, as a kid. Dipped my cookies in it, put it in my milk or juice.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I used to put ketchup on EVERYTHING, as a kid. Dipped my cookies in it, put it in my milk or juice.
    One of my sister's friends did that, I remember hearing about ketchup on icecream.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Why was this thread bumped?

Anyway, I don't see what's so weird. I think it's weirder if you don't eat.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fucking hate breakfast food.

Mexican breakfast food is okayish because it's more like normal food. I like quesadillas and chilaquiles.

American shit though I fucking hate. Bacon? Eggs? Pancakes with nasty corn syrup? Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My favorite sandwich is miracle whip, peanut butter, & pickles. Has to be on white bread. The flavors blend together really well.

One time I ate nacho cheese dip with watermelon, because my mom and her boyfriend didn't believe I would. It honestly wasn't that bad.

I eat ketchup with my scrambled eggs, but not any other style of eggs.
    I really like ketchup, actually. I normally carry packets with me. It has to be Heinz though, Hunts tastes too acidic and nasty.

my sister was addicted to lemon
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D: ... I want to say "yuck" but I'm sure my own addiction would probably be considered more "yucky"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

D: ... I want to say "yuck" but I'm sure my own addiction would probably be considered more "yucky"
    lemon is so pungent I don't know how she can eat it and salt. she loved salt on everything
    -

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As a kid I used to eat dried gravy granules from the jar.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

raw tomatoes

I can't eat them any more. I'm on a no oxalic diet... no more of the greens I love so much
    -

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I'm on a no oxalic diet... no more of the greens I love so much
    What the hell are you going to eat then/why no oxalics?? Considering most all natural foods contain oxalic acid.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty experiemntal with food which can be super or super terrible. I agree with bb on pasta sauce with vegetables. A few nights ago I made a pasta sauce with the few fresh veggies i had left in the fridge (carrots & mushrooms) and added the previous nights salad, (lollorosso, radichio, sweetcorn and cucumber). I had made a base sauce with fresh garlic chopped tomatoes and tomato puree, then i also put in a tin of aubergines. It worked out really well.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people think I am weird because I eat bread with cham and cheese :/

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also like to eat black olives from the jar.

I'm not a huge fan of bacon... not really my thing.

But I love prosciutto.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adrie View Post
    What the hell are you going to eat then/why no oxalics?? Considering most all natural foods contain oxalic acid.
    I don't know what I will eat Adrie. Probably safe foods like rice, beans (some have less than others), meats don't have any. Certain veggies have very little of it.

I can eat apples, avocados, bacon, lean beef, brussels sprouts (hence my diet of brussels sprouts ), noodles, nectarines, yogurt. Those are among the very few foods I CAN EAT

Oh well, nature poops on everyone one way or another.

I can eat bananas too
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 11-22-2013 at 02:33 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post

I can eat bananas too

Bananas are good : )

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Legerdemain View Post
    This is secretly you, im on to you mister.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My boyfriend thinks that just about everything I eat is weird because I'm very specific, according to him, about what I eat, particularly when it comes to combinations of foods or ingredients. To him it sounds completely random, but it's true that many foods aren't really worth going through the effort to get/prepare/pay for/consume unless there are certain flavor combinations at play. He just thinks it's bizarre and teases me that I say stuff like, "No, I can't eat cheeseburgers unless I have mushrooms picked from this specific forest and sauteed in salted ghee, and there has to be sweet potato french fries with cajun seasoning and a chocolate malt with double malt. Otherwise I it's garbage." <_< I'm not THAT bad! (Actually, my impersonation of him impersonating me is flawed because he doesn't even know what ghee is, and his example was funny.)

He finds it frustrating sometimes because he does a lot of the grocery shopping and often has a hard time finding something on the list, or he comes home with the wrong thing. Like yesterday when I said to get a pie crust. He said he knew what I was talking about, so I didn't think to mention that they're in the freezer section. He came home with a graham cracker crust and a nilla wafer crust. Fortunately the store was open this morning!
    Last edited by Joy; 11-28-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I eat things I've dropped.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    Sometimes I eat things I've dropped.
    Like a turkey leg at Renn Faire?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I drink vinegar.

I just love vinegar.
    Everything interests me but nothing holds me.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I drink lemonade made with a lot of salt, no sugar.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Haha, I do this too

---

I like thousand island sauce on my chicken schnitzel.

My food preferences are very Eastern European, Australians don't often enjoy what I like so I tend to do a lot of English, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and Indian meals.

I also like to put a dollop of sour cream in soups.

I have mayo with my chips.
    meh you eat borsch

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrangea View Post
    Sometimes I drink vinegar.

I just love vinegar.
    drink unfiltered apple cider vinegar... so good for you
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cause i like kale chips (make them myself, with olive oil, sea salt, cracked pepper and sometimes sriracha , and green smoothies (mmm my favorite is spinach, pear, avocado, banana, almond milk and vegan protein powder or hemp/chia seed mix)
    Last edited by Lotus; 07-17-2014 at 01:20 PM.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    drink unfiltered apple cider vinegar... so good for you

I do!
    Everything interests me but nothing holds me.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I eat seeds for my breakfast (nuts, almonds etc.) => normally people either eat nothing here or some sugary stuff.
    I never drink coffee.
    I never eat chocolate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast