Thread: How do I get off my lazy ass

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    I almost forgot.. I figured it out and this isn't how you do it, mainly because following through on goals requires motivation ppl don't have tbh. Also remember that EPs don't really plan yet they are the most outgoing and productive ppl.
    Maybe I could be over-referencing what has worked for me. I have always been a very motivated and task-oriented person. I can't believe I thought I was IEI.

TIM
    Intuitive
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Working out isn't intellectually hard so it has nothing to do with Te. You just have to get used to it. Do it with baby steps. Go for a jog every other Saturday for 10 mins. You will quickly increase this to the point where you're uncomfortable for real. When you hit that point you pull back a little so you don't get unmotivated and don't leave the house for 7 months. But! SOME adversity WILL HAPPEN. For every 2 steps you go 1 step back you know? Realize this and think of 2 steps forward 1 step backward as just another step. Because if you haven't failed you haven't tried. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO FAIL AT EVERYTHING. You're a human and humans are learning animals. Learning is part discovering something new (the fun part) and part trial and error until you get it right (the not so fun but rather tedious and ego crushing part). Train that second part of your brain because you can only get so many new impressions from your couch scrolling on Instagram.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ignore whatever you feel and force yourself to do shit. Find someone to be competitive with. Take away pleasurable things from yourself if you don't do your work.
    There are countless roundabout ways to try and motivate you to work, but at the end of the day it comes down to wether you will do it or not. You won't always be able to motivate yourself to do it. The solution may not be easy but it's simple, just do it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I just get up and do shit and I don’t think about it
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, getting started is the hardest part. Once I am in the flow of the task, I tend to be able to find a balance between attentiveness on the task while not losing sight of my own internal state. I hate doing anything that is overly strenuous but I don't mind brief periods of physical exertion to accomplish a goal.

For me, I think deliberating to allocate some time to a given task helps and to set a timer of five to ten minutes just to help lose the lack of familiarity and to add the workings of a task into my muscle memory so that I expend less and less mental energy on a task and can even meditate while being in motion and include the task as a part of my natural equilibrium.
    If that makes sense. My head is warm right now and my eyes are a bit heavy so I am not as able to formulate coherent reasoning. I might be getting sick (not covid or anything).

But I think that regardless of type, it helps to utilize the law of attraction and already to see oneself as capable of doing whatever it is one intends to do and instead of exerting loads of effort in doing something one doesn't think they are readily capable of doing, they can better implement a zen approach. So instead of forcing energy out, it helps to just let the energy flow through the mind and body. It's like playing piano. Instead of putting the focus on pressing the key to make a sound, the player just lets the sound happen and one happenstance to have pressed the key that produces the sound as if one is just a conduit.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guac View Post
    ...and actually do something.

I'm a pretty damn smart and capable person, but I never do anything.
    Okay, so is it the Te PoLR at work here, or the Se suggestive, or both?
    How can I (an IEI, if you haven't guessed already) get myself to work more and procrastinate less? Trust me I've tried a lot.. of things.
    Does anyone have any tips or insights? Any other IEIs who have found some helpful solutions to the problem? Or if anyone just wants to yell at me and whip my lazy ass into shape, das fine too I guess. Thx guys.
    This is mostly about 1D Se.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pump 90 m3 Helium in it
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After a while all the shit piles up that you’ve neglected and it gets to the point that you have no choice but to deal with it. Just remember the bigger you let the pile get, the bigger the mess you have to deal with at the end is going to be, I guess. It works for me sometimes.

and then there is competition.
    find something to compete with
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12