Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Fictional Characters in Movies and Literature

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    VI doesn't work on fictional characters. Period.
    Beyond temperaments, I'm inclined to agree.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VI doesn't work on fictional characters. Period.
    Oh really? Perhaps you should consult the literature on the subject.

Now granted conceptions of a character may change from work to work, but you are failing to offer due respect to the skill and knowledge of professional character designers.

Arrogance, while to be expected of the right wing, is still unbecoming.

Creepy-male

Are these really typings or just anime chicks you'd like to dualize with? Sorry I had to point out the elephant in the room (or maybe I'm just sick in the head).

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Are these really typings or just anime chicks you'd like to dualize with? Sorry I had to point out the elephant in the room (or maybe I'm just sick in the head).
    Both. Bottom line is the 16 basic VI profiles for the type (one for each EM type) will eventually become apparent, if we add enough characters.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Beyond temperaments, I'm inclined to agree.
    Not even. Extroverted characters will always VI as extroverted, but beyond that it's a wildcard. For example, the actor who plays Gene Hunt (obvious awesome SLE-Se) VIs as EJ-temperament (LSE to be specific).
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Both. Bottom line is the 16 basic VI profiles for the type (one for each EM type) will eventually become apparent, if we add enough characters.
    Well I suggest then you at least partition anime chicks from real people in this database of VI, with that said, the fact your look for duals in anime chicks..... is.... unique sir, and I wish you good luck although I must inform you that I do not wish to partake in this enterprise. Good Day.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now granted conceptions of a character may change from work to work, but you are failing to offer due respect to the skill and knowledge of professional character designers.
    Skilled as an animator may be, it's still probably quite uncommon for an animated character to properly VI as his type, given that they're not animated with Socionics in mind.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+10 I have clapped to accompany the laughter.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I had to point out the elephant in the room

Not even. Extroverted characters will always VI as extroverted
    VI is overrated. But if you're really inclined to use VI to essentially characterize people, its imperative you take it into consideration when typing fictional characters or cartoons. If you are using VI as a tool to determine their real character, then I hope you get lucky with that. But it really is best to watch a video, that has both actions and words.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an ESE mother
    You mother is your conflictor? Dude... guess that sucks.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This really should be an alpha only thread. No I don't intend to dualize with fictional characters -- could you possibly be that stupid? I intend to use the VI similarities to find REAL LIFE duals on dating sites, DUH!

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This really should be an alpha only thread. No I don't intend to dualize with fictional characters -- could you possibly be that stupid? I intend to use the VI similarities to find REAL LIFE duals on dating sites, DUH!
    Ah, someone with blue, pink and/or green hair then.

Creepy-male

I wouldn't worry about. Personally I don't like the idea of using anime characters to find people to date with in rl, but if you do, and that makes you happy and what not, then I really don't want to be an asshole and squeeze the life out of that for you.... but calm down lol, if anything people are going to use your defensiveness to milk you for lolz.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't worry about. Personally I don't like the idea of using anime characters to find people to date with in rl, but if you do, and that makes you happy and what not, then I really don't want to be an asshole and squeeze the life out of that for you.... but calm down lol, if anything people are going to use your defensiveness to milk you for lolz.
    Oh you mean the conservative communitarians (like Aleksei)? Well, they are welcome to LAUGH THEMSELVES TO DEATH!

I started another thread just for ESFJs in games and animation. So pollute this thread with your difficult-to-prove hypotheses however you like.

Flex that unvalued Ne OOOOH YEAH!
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 12-19-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    You mother is your conflictor? Dude... guess that sucks.
    You don't know the half..My only defense is to play around with words and meanings and to cut straight to the point in conversations.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always pegged her as some type of Beta NF. I'm typing mostly by clubs, though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe, definitely Merry though.

However using this dichotomy, she is most likely :

Physical caregiver, spiritual victim vs Physical victim, spiritual caregiver

Creepy-male

Oh you mean the conservative communitarians (like Aleksei)? Well, they are welcome to LAUGH THEMSELVES TO DEATH!

I started another thread just for ESFJs in games and animation. So pollute this thread with your difficult-to-prove hypotheses however you like.

Flex that unvalued Ne OOOOH YEAH!
    um alright?

1) What the hell does conservative communitarians have to do with this
    2) I'm not trying to pollute threads, and if I were your being stupid by informing me of your other thread, because I could just go over there and pollute it haha
    3) I'm not making hypotheses, I was making a joke
    4) Unvalued Ne doesn't bother me, one because I'm confident enough I don't have unvalued Ne and two because I don't have a problem being a Non-Ne valuing type.
    5) OHHHH YEAH!.... sounds like your going to rape someone. I'm not angry here, I'm completely calm as ice, if anyone is going to implode from anger its going to be you.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um alright?

1) What the hell does conservative communitarians have to do with this
    2) I'm not trying to pollute threads, and if I were your being stupid by informing me of your other thread, because I could just go over there and pollute it haha
    3) I'm not making hypotheses, I was making a joke
    4) Unvalued Ne doesn't bother me, one because I'm confident enough I don't have unvalued Ne and two because I don't have a problem being a Non-Ne valuing type.
    5) OHHHH YEAH!.... sounds like your going to rape someone. I'm not angry here, I'm completely calm as ice, if anyone is going to implode from anger its going to be you.
    That wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at the gammas and betas.

Creepy-male

That wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at the gammas and betas.
    oh ok then lol

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dr. Gilbert "Gil" Grissom from "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" & INTjs

Concerning the character played by William_Petersen, do you LIIs find yourself identifying with the way he explores, experiences, and interprets his world on the show?

For the longest time, I thought maybe his character would be greatly explained by the ILI psyche archetype, but really wasn't sure since that never seemed right. Now I think his character is a nice example of an LII.

So?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think he's LII too. I'd say yes, I identify with him.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Merry commander: SLE
    Serious commander: LSI
    Mad scientist: ILE

Kane: LSI?
    Mad scientist: ILE!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mad scientist: ILE!
    an obvious lunatic.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Archer's Dr. Krieger; INTj:

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fritz the Cat; ENTp, showing you how they picked up ISFp chicks in the 60s.
    Last edited by krieger; 10-30-2011 at 11:38 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lex Luthor...ILE-Ti

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Richard Pryor's character Gus is SEI-Si

The other guy's character is ILE-Ti. The blonde woman's character is SEE-Fi and the dark-haired woman's character is LSI-Ti

and of course Superman is LSE-Si

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude I love Superman 3! You are my hero! Lol

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So random, in a weird, irritating way.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nanase Yoshi from 1bitHeart gives some real Alpha quadra vibe, with some strong 9 core (972 tritype, I assume, as he is rather flighty and has some core 9 issues, but also if asked to help/sees someone troubled looking for help often helps out, though unless asked for it or if not literally told to make friends by Misane, he just avoids people and spends his time doing his own thing. Possible 9w1 as has problems with blaming himself than others, some level of social code to hold up to feeling and has hazier sense of self/anger than 9w8. Probs sx last but not sure if sp/so or so/sp) but can't quite tell if he is an LII, ILE or SEI. Values Si/Ne or Se/Ni, he would be content just staying home and relaxing, his Fi is sort of miserable honestly, his understanding of ethics/human relationships in general is rather bad, so I guess most likely a rather mellow due to 9ness ILE (most likely H subtype in DCNH) or LII, can see either case honestly.

Sees the world and people as data he can see around them, he doesn't really "get to know" people, he often times ends up cutting straight into a problem of others, mostly goes along with whatever other has in mind even if he points out absurdity of other's actions, has a "nice, but something off you can't quite put a finger on" vibe, often times not aware why what he just said or did was not socially correct, character development is him learning to accept his own feelings and being to actually start to share it with others than hiding/rejecting himself and learning to develop real bonds with others. Most likely ILE after saying all that, but can't shake off the "lack of Se role" vibe with him, so hm.

Edit: Most likely ILE, with his love interest Misane being a Si base, most likely SEI but gotta check her again once home, as she persistently keeps following him, wanting him to stay and be weird with him together than him being alone. Most likely 6w5 for her, so huh. She didn't quite give Fe PoLR vibe from what I recall though, but hm.
    Last edited by ApeironStella; 12-05-2018 at 06:56 AM.

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly the "Teacher" from Alice Mare, yet again another Miwashiba game. He certainly has Ne/Si than Ni/Se, he is fairly lenient with the children at the mansion, rules he placed basically boils down to "don't hurt others, go to bed at a decent hour, show up for the meal, other than that do whatever you want and tell me anything you want I can afford". Possible Fi blindspot as his main problem, like with Mikado (this seems to be a common pattern showing up in Miwashiba's games actually, a "mentor" big brotherly figure who is smart but also sort of weird and has some guilt issues) he has trouble perceiving others' affection towards himself and vice-versa, while actively ending up attending to needs of children there as he studies their behaviour, which was main reason he took them in but he actually pretty genuinely cares about them.

He is fairly clumsy and prone to zone out sometimes even in the middle of conversation if something makes him think, hard to snap out of thinking mode and get his attention at those times. Fairly mild, though apparently scary when you manage to anger him. Pretty messy when it comes to taking care of himself and his surroundings, and in general is dismissive of taking care of his own body. He has trouble in general awareness of his surroundings, also says that he is honestly still a child as being an adult is knowing things for certain, which he doesn't. Other characters describe his expressions childlike as well.

Probably an ILE with Miwashiba's general 9-vibe with her protags/deutrogonists added to him (as with Mikado) but could see LII-Ne working too. His Fi is worse than general LIIs though, and added to his dislike for opening up to anyone, and troubles perceiving personal closeness/affection, possibly Fi PoLR is likelier than Se PoLR.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII:

The Fly - Seth Brundle
    Dead Ringers- Beverly Mantle
    The Girlfriend Experience (season 1) - Christine Reade

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    LII:

The Fly - Seth Brundle
    I agree that he is most likely LII, based on what I can remember of that movie.

TIM
    FLVE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Veronica his dual, or maybe his activity?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber View Post
    I don't think that Veronica is his dual. She doesn't seem like Fe-dom or Ne-HA if I remember correctly. She can be his activity, outer quadra relations also could make sense. Why do you think she is his dual or activity?

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber View Post
    I watched that movie last time probably 20 years ago... from what I can remember I'd say activity relationship between Seth and Veronica.

TIM
    FLVE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    I don't think that Veronica is his dual. She doesn't seem like Fe-dom or Ne-HA if I remember correctly. She can be his activity, outer quadra relations also could make sense. Why do you think she is his dual or activity?
    Well she seemed ethical and sensory to me, I think demonstrative Fi makes the most sense. I agree that Fe base doesn’t make sense for her.

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stein's Gate is a very alpha anime, imo. Three main characters are alpha. The characters are realistic too (beyond the obvious tropes and plot contrivances), so it's not stupid.
    Okabe: ILE
    Kurisu: LII
    Mayuri: SEI
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krieger View Post
    Archer's Dr. Krieger; INTj:

Krieger's the best

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast