Thread: "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" split

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

...bunch of irrational babble
    Funny. Ninety percent of your arguments are based in paranormal reasoning. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house mr. pot calling the kettle black. It only makes you look like you're not self-aware. Most recently, your "god is in everything" platitude boils down to you having ESP, and there's no need to retrace your conspiracy theory lunacies. It's nice to embrace and reown qualities about yourself that you don't like. Trying to preemptively push aside the appearance of your hangups, by redirecting attention away from those hangups in the form of attributing those to your interlocutor, will only make you look the sucker. What you're seeing as irrational babble is equivalent to a boxer that's got blood running into his eyes, and can only swing his arms like a blind man poking his cane into the dark. He gets punched, but the reality of it no longer registers thru his senses, hence none of it makes sense, nevertheless, you're still getting pummeled.

..I don't know how I can be any more clear. What you've summarized as my position is NOT my position. Like I said to you, very clearly, the rapist must transcend his illusions, and his behavior, through the realization of Brahma; likewise for the victim (who plays a karmic role), they must at least attempt to flee the rapist (transcending), and also overcome those karmic processes which put her in dubious situations (this is often the case, but not always)
    I've perfectly summarized your position. What you're doing now is called twisting around and fucking with the goal posts. Again, due to the fact you lack the will to go all the way with your position. Therefore, you've lost before you even started. Sun Tzu, battles are won before any battle goes down. I'll go all the way with my position that's why you're no match for me. A lion doesn't stop to ask an antelope for directions. Having entered your campaign to persuade me with only half a heart, you don't have the degree of commitment it would take to even bring me to a stalemate. You've made it too easy for me to exploit that you lack the will to go to the end with non-dualism. Now if you had replied, "yeah, rape is not a violation because all is one", I would've been like shit, that's one bad motherfucker. He's got so much contempt and disregard for what anybody thinks he goes there without a second thought. But instead you backed up...you started to give a shit about whose got more constructive posts, and whether I'm reading your Hindu links or not, and those other such nuances of poverty mind.

Do you not understand that singularity IS transcendent?..... (I really should find a new word for transcendent. Time to consult a thesaurus.)

In the same way you cannot measure the exact circumference of Pi, because its value is transcendental. Do you know what an ouroboros is?
    An Ouroborus is a hugely important occult symbol. See:
    And what this represents is this oscillating singularity. It represents the transcendental . It represents Pi
    The HEAD of the dragon is the singular point. The singular point oscillates around itself... 'swallowing its own tail' as it were.
    This symbol is describing the most basic, self-oscillating point; the fundamental structure of reality.
    The dragons head orbits the circumference of himself.
    Do you understand this is the essence of transcendence?

Now, if you divide this circle in half - duality... You are then able to ATTEMPT to measure the circumference of the circle. But you will never succeed, and the circumferences value WILL ALWAYS BE unmeasurable.

And I do NOT reject dualism. I simply see it as an illusion; the illusion of ALL MEASUREMENT; a power LESS fundamental to reality than the transcendental.

I don't think I can be any more clear.

And keep those self-affirming, masturbatory pep talks to yourself... they have no relevance to this discussion and I don't want to hear them. I don't care. Focus on the issue.

I can't help but notice you said NOTHING about karma in your last post. ... after all that. The silence speaks volumes.

Yawn...... time to go to the gym. Bye
    I've already refuted all these points. You're backtracking, regurgitating stuff. You no longer have the will to initiate, so you're now just dragging up old shit like a broken record. No, it's not self-affirming...you already confessed that your knowledge in this area consists of you regurgitating links verbatim. Only after you insinuated I had stolen something from Crowley in light of your reincarnation point. "It's nice to embrace and reown qualities about yourself that you don't like. Trying to preemptively push aside the appearance of your hangups, by redirecting attention away from those hangups in the form of attributing those to your interlocutor, will only make you look the sucker." Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that Crowley is present in this discussion. Sounds like some ESP thing you made up.
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 02-08-2014 at 02:53 AM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Maybe all the beliefs are equally valid for each individual and trying to change someone else's perspective is like fighting your own reflection in the mirror, trying to to make it change, instead of picking up a brush and fixing your own hair.

"Hence the saying: If you know the enemy and you know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and you know Earth, you may make your victory complete." - Sun Tzu

" He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight. " - Sun Tzu
    Last edited by Aylen; 02-08-2014 at 04:08 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    Therefore, you've lost before you even started. Sun Tzu, battles are won before any battle goes down. I'll go all the way with my position that's why you're no match for me. A lion doesn't stop to ask an antelope for directions.
    I know my Sun Tzu, Lao Tzu, you too, him too, me too... Winning has nothing to do with going all the way with a position, really. It is knowing, anticipating all possible strategies on the part of your opponent, Being 10 steps, no, 100 steps ahead. Getting inside their head and knowing which direction they may go in any moment and to quickly strike or evade before they know what is happening. I learned this in my Shaolin training and use it in my day to day interactions. You can destroy with the lightest touch, or be destroyed by your own heavy hand.. You must unite mind, body and spirit (Heaven and Earth) if you want to win, but there is more to life than winning, and if you understand that you have already won.

Anyway, I would rather listen to music than go to war...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I know my Sun Tzu, Lao Tzu, you too, him too, me too... Winning has nothing to do with going all the way with a position, really. It is knowing, anticipating all possible strategies on the part of your opponent, Being 10 steps, no, 100 steps ahead. Getting inside their head and knowing which direction they may go in any moment and to quickly strike or evade before they know what is happening. I learned this in my Shaolin training and use it in my day to day interactions. You can destroy with the lightest touch, or be destroyed by your own heavy hand.. You must unite mind, body and spirit (Heaven and Earth) if you want to win, but there is more to life than winning, and if you understand that you have already won.

Anyway, I would rather listen to music than go to war...
    I would rather you didn't communicate with me. I think you're a pathological liar. I can spot them from a mile away.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    I would rather you didn't communicate with me. I think you're a pathological liar. I can spot them from a mile away.

YWIMW

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    "Undue hardships foster character" - MLK Jr.

I'd bet 2 to 1 odds that you take any random person that has not had life break them down, bust their balls, and instill in them a groundedness of how hard the world can really be... That person will not have strong character.
    Character strength and type/amount of shit endured are for the most part unrelated, in my experience. They may influence each other in either direction. In other words, undue hardship can foster character as much as it can hinder/break it.
    Last edited by Park; 02-09-2014 at 08:01 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

whoooosh...
    Last edited by Aylen; 10-14-2020 at 02:17 PM.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kill4Me My philosophical position is complete. There is no need for any further reconciliations.
    Those who are open and willing to hear will hear me, and recognize what I say. For the rest, who will not hear due to their own unwillingness, making more of a case for them is hopeless.
    I'm not putting any effort into discussing this further with you. THe reader can make up their own mind (if anyone even cares to read it all).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Maybe all the beliefs are equally valid for each individual and trying to change someone else's perspective is like fighting your own reflection in the mirror, trying to to make it change, instead of picking up a brush and fixing your own hair.
    Yes.. but some are more valid than others. It's not really about change as much as liberation. For example, I used to believe in socionics... nowdays I practice astrology, which works better. I still 'believe' in socionics in the same way I did, I just have been liberated from it to something greater.
    Last edited by rat1; 02-09-2014 at 09:01 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Rat....before you take your marbles and go home...here's a tip: in your quest to become a spiritually enlightened zen teacher, you might want to pay less attention to the number of constructive posts you get from some of the ladies here. That suggest there's some female approval-seeking curbing your nuggets of 'wisdom'. Yes you must overcome these weaknesses of will before you will actualize your self-image of the hookah-smoking, half human, half-serpent guru who sits behind a screen rattling a reptilian tail while dispensing eerie philosophical truths.

Another tip is take a position that you can actually commit to. In our more recent session, it came to light that you don't even believe in your philosophical position so what's new. an instinctive non-dualist would be the posterboy for cooperative argumentative tactics. kim is an example of a non-dualist...even that grain of sand dude. in fact your approach actually winds up reductionistic due to the fact that you're only identifying stuff at a surface level, but lacking a good feel for venturing outside of the comfy little sandbox of transcendence you've dug yourself into. you're not getting how stuff can be paired differently in spite of having similar manifestations or paired the same in spite of have dissimilar manifestations...all in all, missing the 'primordial' core of transcendence (EGO). Even though your approach is, at first glance, flexible, scratch below the surface a bit and you will find that you're being inflexibly dogmatic. on that other thread, you had quite the reaction to my defining God as omnipotent....you're still reacting to patriarchy. creation is a masculine force per its capacity for rape...form is given to the formless...

Furthermore, if you want to go ahead and attribute crowley mark of the beast to me that's fine. demonology 101. once you start tearing down civilization you're back at Lenin:

“Every society is three meals away from chaos”

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Placebos have an extremely powerful psychological effect. If you believe the maxim, you have better odds of surviving after a trauma. More than that, the experience from failure will allow you to reorganize your behaviour towards more fortuitous future outcomes -- i.e. you make you stronger.

If you continue feeling sorry for yourself, you'll be mired in depression for the rest of your life.

The mantra has got all the elements of a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Last edited by xerx; 06-04-2015 at 01:18 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice post zap

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Nice post zap
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_%28psychology%29 Also has some relevance to the whole being traumatized or not thing.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifragile#Introduction "The resilient resists shocks and stays the same; the antifragile gets better" reminds me of stress resistance in socionics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12