Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EIE/LSI Duality Thread (ISTj and ENFj)

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lack of intensity with ESE and LSI holds true in what I've seen as well. (ESE male LSI female) Not sure about EIE/LSI though.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpreeFirit View Post
    Ahhhhh! Your very last sentence...
    Bad ass mutha fuckaaaa

Lol so, you spend time around a lot of Ne/Si users? Like which types specifically? Do you really think that has altered your personality in any way?
    I spent too much time around them in a group yeah. Some Ne egos. No, I wasn't trying to say it altered my personality.

TIM
    EIE 4w5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post

I spent too much time around them in a group yeah. Some Ne egos. No, I wasn't trying to say it altered my personality.

Interesting. However, I can't help but notice you said you spent "too much time around them." So, why do you say that? Do you just mean they annoyed you somehow?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Interesting. However, I can't help but notice you said you spent "too much time around them." So, why do you say that? Do you just mean they annoyed you somehow?
    The feeling of annoyance would be mutual, I think.

Actually, I get along decently well with some of them (and then not with others) but in terms of humour, definitely no shared taste, which is what the topic was here.

Let me know if that's clear or if you got any more questions

TIM
    EIE 4w5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The feeling of annoyance would be mutual, I think.

Actually, I get along decently well with some of them (and then not with others) but in terms of humour, definitely no shared taste, which is what the topic was here.

Let me know if that's clear or if you got any more questions
    Oh, that's definitely clear. But I most certainly always have more questions for you..

Yeah, I spend most of my time around betas and gammas. I naturally gravitate toward them.
    My brother is IEI and has primarily alpha SF friends. The dynamic change is so drastic. The topic of conversation and overall mood of the room is different.
    Let's just continue our PM so we don't continue to derail this thread! I'm not an ENFP you know!!

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about the LSI female/EIE male version though? Have you seen that too? Curious, since I have the same question as Pole Ninja here...

I'm the same way with the ESEs that I'm sure are ESE, yeah. It's a bit weird really.

Hmm I didn't get that phase somehow or any other phase when a teenager. :shrug
    Yep. I dressed awful, dyed my hair about every color, and wrote emo lyrics. Glad that's over.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So betas want to belong as aristocratic to a certain group. That's funny. Sometimes betas have asked my stance about something and I say whatever and try make it clear that I avoid those kinds of attachments and be impartial. They just don't get it.
    Music particularly is kind of big deal for them.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh, that's definitely clear. But I most certainly always have more questions for you..

Yeah, I spend most of my time around betas and gammas. I naturally gravitate toward them.
    My brother is IEI and has primarily alpha SF friends. The dynamic change is so drastic. The topic of conversation and overall mood of the room is different.
    Let's just continue our PM so we don't continue to derail this thread! I'm not an ENFP you know!!
    Room consisting of alphas and betas.
    There's LSI, SLE, IEI, ESE and me.

Betas go and express themselves ESE is there uncomfortably trying to part of something and take part. I don't know whether betas ever notice it.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE 4w5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Room consisting of alphas and betas.
    There's LSI, SLE, IEI, ESE and me.

Betas go and express themselves ESE is there uncomfortably trying to part of something and take part. I don't know whether betas ever notice it.

We notice.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bump.

This song seems to be sung by an EIE who encountered an LSI who tried to nail him down. Just my two cents worth. Duals don't always appreciate each other.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since we're doing music

Beta rational duality

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Platonic duality in a military setting:

Stuart and Jackson were an unlikely pair: one outgoing, the other introverted; one flashily uniformed, the other plainly dressed; one Prince Rupert and the other Cromwell. Yet Stuart's self-confidence, penchant for action, deep love of Virginia, and total abstinence from such vices as alcohol, tobacco, and pessimism endeared him to Jackson. ... Stuart was the only man in the Confederacy [who] could make Jackson laugh—and who dared to do so.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

After John Bonham of Led Zeppelin died, his EIE dual, Jimmy Page, formed another band after many months and made an album with this song on it.

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... fictional but Yennefer and Geralt from the Netflix Witcher series? Maybe?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by remiges View Post
    So... fictional but Yennefer and Geralt from the Netflix Witcher series? Maybe?
    Geralt is pretty obviously SLI.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Off topic, but is the witcher worth watching?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Off topic, but is the witcher worth watching?
    I liked it. I played the games and so my opinion is colored by that, a friend of mine watched it without playing the game and found it confusing until the very end (they don’t explain some things as they happen only after the fact).

Regarding Geralt SLI, it seemed to me he did not value Si... seemed to be more into the power aspect I see associated with Se.

edit: more detail. Didn’t it seem more aggressor like how he chased after Yennefer than caregiver like? There was an element of caregiver, in as much as he wanted to protect her from herself, but most of it was “I like. I want.” I mean if I was convinced about Fi I would almost consider an ESI (superficially appearing like a thinking type due to being a macho man) than SLI... I could not see Geralt cooking a nice meal for her or making sure she wasn’t cold. LOL.
    Last edited by remiges; 01-18-2020 at 04:24 PM. Reason: More detail

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I liked it. I played the games and so my opinion is colored by that, a friend of mine watched it without playing the game and found it confusing until the very end (they don’t explain some things as they happen only after the fact).

Regarding Geralt SLI, it seemed to me he did not value Si... seemed to be more into the power aspect I see associated with Se.

edit: more detail. Didn’t it seem more aggressor like how he chased after Yennefer than caregiver like? There was an element of caregiver, in as much as he wanted to protect her from herself, but most of it was “I like. I want.” I mean if I was convinced about Fi I would almost consider an ESI (superficially appearing like a thinking type due to being a macho man) than SLI... I could not see Geralt cooking a nice meal for her or making sure she wasn’t cold. LOL.
    I haven't actually seen any of the episodes. I based my opinion of Geralt on VI from some stills. Perhaps the actor is SLI.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I haven't actually seen any of the episodes. I based my opinion of Geralt on VI from some stills. Perhaps the actor is SLI.
    I see. If you ever watch it, I'd be curious to know what you think.

I am having a hard time justifying VI. I can see the use of clues - what someone is wearing, where they are, frequency of smiling perhaps - but... I have to say, the idea of an Se jawbone seems off to me (made up but I think gets at the idea). While I could say... that personality type may have a genetic component, so perhaps some elements of physical appearance, also related to genetics, could arise together, sure, but it seems a stretch...

...or not?

Anyway, carry on.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I see. If you ever watch it, I'd be curious to know what you think.

I am having a hard time justifying VI. I can see the use of clues - what someone is wearing, where they are, frequency of smiling perhaps - but... I have to say, the idea of an Se jawbone seems off to me (made up but I think gets at the idea). While I could say... that personality type may have a genetic component, so perhaps some elements of physical appearance, also related to genetics, could arise together, sure, but it seems a stretch...

...or not?

Anyway, carry on.
    Thanks for not simply saying that I am an idiot for believing in VI.

Yes, there is no Se jawbone. The face is a gestalt.

Also, by VI, Yennifer is ESI. Probably the e9 flavor.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

been reading Strat on this and its pretty much Geralt LSI and Yennefer EIE or Katherine Minola EIE and Petruchio LSI in "the taming of the shrew"

the thing is I am unable to tolerate women like Yennefer or Katherine lol... e_e my reaction is always extreme annoyance then anger then dump and block. I'd be lying if I'd say I haven't met or dated EIEs be4. It always ends with me getting fed up and leaving :/ .. I can't imagine who in their right mind would even begin tolerating their crap tbh. EIE-LSI duality sounds like a living nightmare.. at some point having to deal with the drama just becomes exhausting on top of the constant irritation. Its unworkable even as a friendship as the presence of the EIE is a source of annoyance and anxiety one longs to be rid of and when it happens its like a burden has been lifted.

Example 1:

Example 2:

Last edited by SGF; 02-02-2021 at 12:12 PM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    been reading Strat on this and its pretty much Geralt LSI and Yennefer EIE or Katherine Minola EIE and Petruchio LSI in "the taming of the shrew"

the thing is I am unable to tolerate women like Yennefer or Katherine lol... e_e my reaction is always extreme annoyance then anger then dump and block. I'd be lying if I'd say I haven't met or dated EIEs be4. It always ends with me getting fed up and leaving :/ .. I can't imagine who in their right mind would even begin tolerating their crap tbh. EIE-LSI duality sounds like a living nightmare.. at some point having to deal with the drama just becomes exhausting on top of the constant irritation. Its unworkable even as a friendship as the presence of the EIE is a source of annoyance and anxiety one longs to be rid of and when it happens its like a burden has been lifted.
    Or mb it actually works less cinematicaly IRL.
    Two assassins chasing/sleeping with each other. I can only see death. LOL. Anyway, (as I will trample all over your Ne) wouldn't common goals be more fitting? Can you make them more stable? Can they drive you out of dysthymic state?
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Diaper 007 View Post
    Or mb it actually works less cinematicaly IRL.
    Two assassins chasing/sleeping with each other. I can only see death. LOL. Anyway, (as I will trample all over your Ne) wouldn't common goals be more fitting? Can you make them more stable? Can they drive you out of dysthymic state?
    I don't like conflict or when ppl dump their emotions on others or in public lol. Having stuff in common even goals does not seem to alleviate the dread and anxiety of having someone around who nags or "explodes" emotionally or tries to pry and search my own feelings on things (which is annoying to deal with). I don't like telling ppl what to do or how to be either, so I prefer to not change ppl. I avoid ppl I can't get along with. Long term exposure seems to irritate me and then I get really effing angry and just cut the relationship abruptly. I have been dealing with this kind of emotional garbage between my mother and grandmother ever since I have known myself. Its probably part of why I'm depressed tbh, at this point I'm so allergic to drama and this kind of garbage that the moment I detect it I immediately move in to "pour water on the flames" by threat of physical violence if need be. Anything to make it stop, if I can't make it stop I'll avoid the ppl who cause it, if I can't avoid.. I blow up like a nuclear bomb.. ppl say I'm scary when it gets like this, its usually when I break stuff. 0 tolerance for this stuff from my part tho.. I prefer to just talk about things and reach an understanding if possible without histrionics or drama.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

OK. I have seen SEI meltdowns but I have always been capable of calming them. When SEE's have those I can deal with it but I'd never want to be around them after that. I think it varies based on a person.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Petruchio LSI in "the taming of the shrew"

Example 1:

When LSI want attention, sometimes they can be so obnoxious.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I remember reading Shakespeare and Katerina as the shrew is probably the histrionic female character. I think in order for LSI to get with their dual, they’ll have put up with a lot of emotionally heightened situations for a long time in order to gain stability since EIE have PoLR Si (except if they’re EIE-H which is more manageable). I don’t see LSI (despite being Fe seeking) being able to handle so much Fe from an EJ irl. LSI is supposedly the most common male type, and is regimented, rigid. This is like the most common problem for “regular” guys. It’s not the Ti that’s troublesome, it’s the pairing of Ti with Se that makes them intolerant of too much external stimuli. If the Ti don’t accept, then the Se makes sure rejection happens. LSI wants to know how someone feels through outward expression but they don’t want to be around melodrama. It’s also the Se that makes them want something “exciting” but they don’t like to be in situations where they don’t feel adept and aren’t in control. So there’s a part of them that wants routine and everything being normal and regimented, but then there’s the part where they don’t want staleness and like being around someone with some spice and spunk. EIE is just doing too much. I think the reason why irl more supervision marriages happen, esp. with LSI and SEE is because there’s always something to get heated up to talk about. So either LSI puts up with SEE’s impulsiveness (Se) and SEE’s Fe isn’t constantly being “on” aka emotive, or LSI gets with EIE who is deliberate by being emotionally manipulative but they aren’t impulsive. LSI don’t want Si because that’ll get boring and stale. They don’t want Ne cuz that’s too weird. They hate Te cuz that’s going directly against them. They don’t want Fi cuz that’s just too much holier-than-thou martyrdom. I don’t think they want Ni either since that’s detached from day to day life. I honestly don’t think LSI wants happiness because they’re so intolerant and specific.

My parents are LSI and SEE. My LSI dad complains that my SEE mom is too strong-willed, too modern, and criticized that she does everything “wrong.” Yet he believes she’s perfect, loves her, and tries to stir things up just so she would pay attention to him and they would have something to talk about. They secretly still have a shared banking account together (it’s really for me). My mom is avoidant of interacting with my dad because she knows his wife is psycho and she doesn’t want to cause my dad any trouble. My parents have been divorced for ages, but my dad would call my mom up just to hear her voice (even to this day) but when his wife walks by him (I think his wife is actually EIE), he’ll change his tone to “argue” with my mom over something. His wife has caused problems for him and extremely emotive. She don’t like me because I’m from “another woman” and she would cause so much drama that I’m so much like both my parents so when I’m around, my dad talks about my mom more and the she can’t handle it. I’ve told her many times, “I’ve had my dad since I was born and he’ll never get rid of me. He won’t stop loving my mom, either. We’re still family and you’re not a part of it and never will be.” That sends her off in a frenzy to know she can’t possess my dad. She don’t want him to talk to my mom for any reason. She doesn’t even like that my dad sends me money or that my dad talks to me, either. So my dad and I text on the sly. My dad has given me money on the sly. His wife is so extremely jealous that she gives him hell when I come over to visit because she knows I remind my dad of my mom. I can see it on my dad’s face that he wished he never pulled the stunts he did (he caused the divorce when my mom would have stayed with him forever) and he downgraded to marrying a histrionic cow. Now my dad can’t undo what’s been done so he has no choice but to put up with and has been putting up with his wife who has been keeping separate bedrooms since they’ve been married (for like 13 years).
    Last edited by Lolita; 02-02-2021 at 08:47 PM.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
    LOL I remember reading Shakespeare and Katerina as the shrew is probably the histrionic female character. I think in order for LSI to get with their dual, they’ll have put up with a lot of emotionally heightened situations for a long time in order to gain stability since EIE have PoLR Si (except if they’re EIE-H which is more manageable). I don’t see LSI (despite being Fe seeking) being able to handle so much Fe from an EJ irl. LSI is supposedly the most common male type, and is regimented, rigid.
    e_e I'm neither regimented nor rigid. Dude, I'm like a MBTI ISTP, very easy going, private, undisciplined, scattered, messy and I like tinkering with technology for fun, photography, using tools and solving practical problems, repairing and building stuff.

This is like the most common problem for “regular” guys. It’s not the Ti that’s troublesome, it’s the pairing of Ti with Se that makes them intolerant of too much external stimuli. If the Ti don’t accept, then the Se makes sure rejection happens. LSI wants to know how someone feels through outward expression but they don’t want to be around melodrama. It’s also the Se that makes them want something “exciting” but they don’t like to be in situations where they don’t feel adept and aren’t in control. So there’s a part of them that wants routine and everything being normal and regimented, but then there’s the part where they don’t want staleness and like being around someone with some spice and spunk
    I enjoy loud metal concerts with thousands of ppl, music that you can feel vibrating your ribs lol, being in the mosh-pit. I'm not hsp. Also as I said, not routinized. Normally on a day off I go to sleep whenever, wake up whenever and do whatever I feel like doing during the day. I practically never make plans and am undisciplined. I don't care about rules and regulation and I make a terrible administrator as I hate pushing ppl to do shit or arguing with ppl. Ppl who do that, like my boss for example are.. extremely annoying and cringe tbh. What ppl tell me I need in a woman would be someone lighthearted outgoing, social and fun and I admit that would be nice lol. Get a fun little sports car and just go wherever and have fun together. Ofc ppl in a relationship quarrel, but its easy to talk it out and agree on something as long as its mutually agreeable in the end, there is no need to cause drama.

EIE is just doing too much. I think the reason why irl more supervision marriages happen, esp. with LSI and SEE is because there’s always something to get heated up to talk about. So either LSI puts up with SEE’s impulsiveness (Se) and SEE’s Fe isn’t constantly being “on” aka emotive, or LSI gets with EIE who is deliberate by being emotionally manipulative but they aren’t impulsive. LSI don’t want Si because that’ll get boring and stale. They don’t want Ne cuz that’s too weird. They hate Te cuz that’s going directly against them. They don’t want Fi cuz that’s just too much holier-than-thou martyrdom. I don’t think they want Ni either since that’s detached from day to day life. I honestly don’t think LSI wants happiness because they’re so intolerant and specific.
    :/ dafuq, idk as I said I'm easy going, friendly and chill. Kids and animals seem to like me for the same reason ppl who are stressed do: I make them feel at ease. Idk LSI has this harsh image I just never relate to.

/o\ a repeating pattern in relationships for me seems to be me freaking out about other ppl's terrible Si, trying to get them to have better Si. e_e one gf I got ridd of for example because she was practically destroying herself physically while constantly complaining that her body is a burden. Extremely stubborn and resistant to any Si advice I gave which made me pushy, which is uncomfortable and stressful for me ..e_e so I dumped her ass when I noticed I was getting commanding.

now imagine EIEs being even worse at this and when I say something about it.. they get butthurt lol. Xd fucken pull yourselves together goddamn it, the victim mentality is annoying.

My parents are LSI and SEE. My LSI dad complains that my SEE mom is too strong-willed, too modern, and criticized that she does everything “wrong.” Yet he believes she’s perfect, loves her, and tries to stir things up just so she would pay attention to him and they would have something to talk about. They secretly still have a shared banking account together (it’s really for me). My mom is avoidant of interacting with my dad because she knows his wife is psycho and she doesn’t want to cause my dad any trouble. My parents have been divorced for ages, but my dad would call my mom up just to hear her voice (even to this day) but when his wife walks by him (I think his wife is actually EIE), he’ll change his tone to “argue” with my mom over something. His wife has caused problems for him and extremely emotive. She don’t like me because I’m from “another woman” and she would cause so much drama that I’m so much like both my parents so when I’m around, my dad talks about my mom more and the she can’t handle it. I’ve told her many times, “I’ve had my dad since I was born and he’ll never get rid of me. He won’t stop loving my mom, either. We’re still family and you’re not a part of it and never will be.” That sends her off in a frenzy to know she can’t possess my dad. She don’t want him to talk to my mom for any reason. She doesn’t even like that my dad sends me money or that my dad talks to me, either. So my dad and I text on the sly. My dad has given me money on the sly. His wife is so extremely jealous that she gives him hell when I come over to visit because she knows I remind my dad of my mom. I can see it on my dad’s face that he wished he never pulled the stunts he did (he caused the divorce when my mom would have stayed with him forever) and he downgraded to marrying a histrionic cow. Now my dad can’t undo what’s been done so he has no choice but to put up with and has been putting up with his wife who has been keeping separate bedrooms since they’ve been married (for like 13 years).
    :/ damn... sry about your family situation.

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    [/B]When LSI want attention, sometimes they can be so obnoxious.
    Example?
    Last edited by SGF; 02-03-2021 at 08:19 AM.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, subtypes make a huge difference, the Sensory subtype is a lot more laid back on average than the logical subtype. LSI-Se can make me feel at ease, the logical subtype lacks that ability.

The stereotypical rigid angry LSI is the logical subtype (and even then not to all of them), those don't apply much to the vast majority of LSI-Se; they apply to some, but not the majority. LSI-Se aren't really very inflexible; they're very responsive and the majority of them are ok with or even like big changes.

Maybe people will believe, maybe they won't, but it's good for me to say it.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EIEs won’t be dramatic if you don’t give us anything to flip out about

I love Taming of the Shrew and think Kate is ace, btw
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Example?
    You don't see Pertuchio sitting on his ass smugly laughing at EIE loosing her mind over changing the tire not obnoxious? Or trying to get a smile and a laugh, when clearly its not going to happen?

I see it all as Fe suggestive stuff with lots of push pull dynamic. Some might say charming. Others might say non-committal.

ISTp do the same thing so you have to watch out which archetype you are seeing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 02-04-2021 at 03:27 AM.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    You don't see Pertuchio sitting on his ass smugly laughing at EIE loosing her mind over changing the tire not obnoxious? Or trying to get a smile and a laugh, when clearly its not going to happen?

I see it all as Fe suggestive stuff with lots of push pull dynamic. Some might say charming. Others might say non-committal.

ISTp do the same thing so you have to watch out which archetype you are seeing.
    I don't do that kind of stuff to ppl I do light-hearted teasing in private. Pertuchio was basically gaslighting her. e_e I found the entire thing super cringe and don't see the appeal of the play tbh. Irl I avoid ppl like them tbh. I don't even understand how that relationship worked out lol effing weird shit.

Even in the case of Geralt and Yennefer reading the books, playing the game and now watching the series e_e I always thought Yen sucked as a person (insufferable) even tho she is a gr8 character. It is left up to the reader to interpret whether Geralt actually loves her or if he is just cursed with her due to the Jinn granting him his wish that saved Yen's life. Essentially Geralt & Yen are under a love spell. I'd rather be Bruxa bait then deal with Yen.
    Last edited by SGF; 02-04-2021 at 06:12 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I’ve noticed about EIE-LSI duality is how downright possessive we are of one another, and how unhappily LSIs take the entrance of another LSI into their space (they’re secretly just very grumpy cats!).

Every LSI I know gets basically glued to an EIE - with my best friend and I, everyone associates us together because that’s how we like it, but that in that way, he’s not going to jump ship to another EIE and it’s hard for me to attach to another LSI when he’s just there. Two LSIs together can very well end in an awkward standoff of “LSI-ness”, where they both just silently brood, but when an EIE comes around, LSIs dive for Fe as though it is their last dying drop of water, and vice versa with EIEs. When the LSI allows the EIE to do the future planning and the EIE allows the LSI to do the day-to-day stuff, things feel so seamless it’s unreal, sometimes.

Once you’re dualized, like I am with my best friend, it really is hard to make new friendships when the material for what the other needs is right there, which is something that I think is a particularly good indicator of duality. We complement each other so easily that there’s no real need for anyone but the two of us in a unit discussing things and just interacting, and even when you’re in a crowd with others, it’s easy to defer to a conversation with the LSI most of the time because why would you do otherwise?

Just a thought I had - I’m curious to see how that translates to dual experiences for you all.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently discovered I know two female EIE-Fe + male LSI-Se pairs, one which has been together for over a decade and the other for over two.

In sad irony, both marriages have weathered child loss due to autoimmune disease, and with every seemingly unbearable trial their bonds only appear to strengthen. I have never seen anything like the dynamic that dual couples have, where each draws strength from the other.

TIM
    ILI-HC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an LSI-Se friend. Our interactions basically consist of me taking the lead when it comes to occult and more "humanities" (psychology, sociology, etc.) topics, while he mostly takes the lead when these transform to more of the actual atmosphere (how the hermetic mental genders apply to everyday life and "swings" between each), stuff like some unspoken social hierarchies that he notes exist.

The things he basically likes the most about me is three things: How I actually expand on his points of view (like seeing some things on a different way, but in a way he still can see it himself) and also how he feels actually heard whenever we talk. Additionally, he pretty much feels "free" and "without fear" to speak whatever is in his mind when he's around me privately.
    Also, honestly, he sometimes gives words and concrete terms to ideas that I have a hard time putting into words myself because, well, 1D Ti.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so glad that video of The Witcher got posted in this thread because something Geralt said to Yennefer that really stuck to me was: "Every time I'm near you, I say more in five minutes than I've said in weeks. And I always regret it."

Has to be something that's said or at least felt between duals, right?

TIM
    ILI-HC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noor View Post
    I'm so glad that video of The Witcher got posted in this thread because something Geralt said to Yennefer that really stuck to me was: "Every time I'm near you, I say more in five minutes than I've said in weeks. And I always regret it."

Has to be something that's said or at least felt between duals, right?
    The secret to a successful LSI-EIE duality, which a lot of EIEs tend to not understand and therefore make some LSIs have a bad opinion of EIEs, is that you need to do one-on-one contact and connection as opposed to a group and make a talk show host-expert dynamic with them, hear them genuinely and expand upon their own points.

This means something that we are not used to: Fi ignoring. But since LSI has Fi role, this is another aspect of unconscious duality that compliment each other so we are able to place trust into them with the Fi we wouldn't use otherwise by giving them a proper relational distance. Basically: Listen to them and give them their space! I find EIE-LSI to be a way more "slow fire" duality, even compared to the rest of dualities out there.

Maturity is important for the development of duality, but I think EIE-LSI is the one that takes the most maturity from both sides to do and perform, but in turn also produces the most fruitful dynamic.
    Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Bvd?
    Personal Website: https://sites.google.com/view/the-qams-diaries/the-qams-diaries

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The secret to a successful LSI-EIE duality, which a lot of EIEs tend to not understand and therefore make some LSIs have a bad opinion of EIEs, is that you need to do one-on-one contact and connection as opposed to a group and make a talk show host-expert dynamic with them, hear them genuinely and expand upon their own points.
    I've been pretty good at this, then again I've been raised in a household that heavily relies on self sufficiency and social caution. Have been in trouble a lot when I was way younger, though, I would try to be very close with just about anybody who talked to me, and does not understand the beauty of giving others space lol. But have gotten much better with this, I actually like speaking with people one on one.

Quote Originally Posted by QamsX View Post
    This means something that we are not used to: Fi ignoring. But since LSI has Fi role, this is another aspect of unconscious duality that compliment each other so we are able to place trust into them with the Fi we wouldn't use otherwise by giving them a proper relational distance. Basically: Listen to them and give them their space! I find EIE-LSI to be a way more "slow fire" duality, even compared to the rest of dualities out there.
    You know, it's funny, because I had to actually stop talking to someone because of this exact reason. He required a shit ton of space, despite letting me know that I am a friend in his life, and it felt a bit too cold to be in that type of friendship. Well, that, and many other issues that ultimately lead me to believe that I could not have a good friendship with him, and I think he was actually SLI rather LSI, so maybe that did not helped one bit. No disrespect to anyone with either of those types.

How does the subtype play into this? I'm quite stuck between myself being Fe or Ni subtype, but I'd wager that the Ni subtypes feel more apt to giving people loads of space much more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by QamsX View Post
    Maturity is important for the development of duality, but I think EIE-LSI is the one that takes the most maturity from both sides to do and perform, but in turn also produces the most fruitful dynamic.
    Too right. This is insightful and I thank you for your response!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Two descriptors that seem to be applicable to the ENFjs that I've met are: "overly" and "out there"; and most seemed to be ignoring certain obvious realities. Two descriptors that could be applied to the ISTjs that I've met are: "minimal" and "under the radar"; and most seemed rather preoccupied with facts. Combined, they make an average couple.

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 07-19-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast