Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Romancing an SLI

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

PS: I am also a 7 and it does not take long for me to lose interest when I don't get the attention I need. I don't want that to happen, but I can't help it, especially since I deal with frustration by throwing myself into some other experience.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I get that. I was like that until I became slightly jaded by dating...then started holding back a bit... and then things worked out. The irony....

Fwiw, I have asked my husband, and asked him again today, whether he would have liked for me to pursue him more, and he said he would probably have liked it more bc he didn't like having to take the risk and "do all the dating b.s." So who knows. I have my theory described above, but I recognize I could be wrong
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SongOfSapphire View Post
    Yeah, I get that. I was like that until I became slightly jaded...then stepped back...and then things worked out. The irony....

Fwiw, I have asked my husband, and asked him again today, whether he would have liked for me to pursue him more, and he said he would probably have liked it more bc he didn't like having to take the risk. So who knows. I have my pet theory described above, but I could well be wrong
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Right now he would have to do the pursuing anyway since I am done writing the first text. So I guess I am jaded, too.

We will see, but I do think it does not bode well when I am already frustrated after the first date. I will keep you posted.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowsofyoungwerther View Post
    SLI take body language more seriously than conversation or words
    Does not apply to this SLI. Body language can be helpful and telling, but verbal communication is imperative.

Making eye contact, and how your voice sounds, hugs will give them motivation to take the next move.
    Maybe, but in general it will just give them hints about your physical (or mental) states and composure.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, I think romance is an overrated (and overutilized) illusion. It's irrational and destructive, and people often fail to see how it actually destroys relationships and deters people from truly loving each other.

Also,

People...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    BTW, I think romance is an overrated (and overutilized) illusion. It's irrational and destructive, and people often fail to see how it actually destroys relationships and deters people from truly loving each other.
    Romance might be irrational, but it's only as destructive as people allow it to be. You have to nurture romance and be gentle with it and the person you are dealing with, just like with love. It's always a matter of respect, romance, love, or otherwise.

Also,

People...
    And this is why I make it very clear during/after the date how I feel about the person. But of course I am an extroverted feeler and don't find it that hard.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    .........What would be the most typical way for SLI to proceed?
    SLIs proceed defensively and the older they get, the more defensive they become. They really do want to trust but the more that they've been burnt, the higher the castle walls. A person has to be judged trustworthy, and only then will the SLI lower the drawbridge but still may have a sword in the hand.......

a.k.a I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Also,

People...
    What a great video.

She: LSI
    He: EIE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Romance might be irrational, but it's only as destructive as people allow it to be. You have to nurture romance and be gentle with it and the person you are dealing with, just like with love. It's always a matter of respect, romance, love, or otherwise.

And this is why I make it very clear during/after the date how I feel about the person. But of course I am an extroverted feeler and don't find it that hard.
    Tagged to watch
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    SLIs proceed defensively and the older they get, the more defensive they become. They really do want to trust but the more that they've been burnt, the higher the castle walls. A person has to be judged trustworthy, and only then will the SLI lower the drawbridge but still may have a sword in the hand.......

a.k.a I/O
    sounds right.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    What a great video.

She: LSI
    He: EIE
    I must be Beta then.

Seriously though, I think the video just attempts to portray how generic psychological vulnerabilities most people have can play out in a dating scenario.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kim Here's something experimental to try if you have someone who'd be up for it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kim, I hear you. Don't know about you but I would much rather chase, direct, initiate etc ... I mean obviously I would like my partner to reciprocate but yeah, there are some things I prefer

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inabox View Post
    @Kim, I hear you. Don't know about you but I would much rather chase, direct, initiate etc ... I mean obviously I would like my partner to reciprocate but yeah, there are some things I prefer
    This makes me feel better.

I don't think I have a need to chase or direct or initiate though. It's more that I don't mind doing it if it means things then progress at a pace that I like. I am terribly excitable, enthusiastic and impatient, so sitting around waiting for someone to make the next move when I already know what I want is torturous. I also don't see why I should - it seems like they should know me as I am and that is part of me.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... and you're female, right?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... and you're female, right?
    Yeah.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, this guy apparently was no longer interested, which turns out to be great because I met another SLI (the most typical of all SLIs I have ever met) and fell head over heels and so did he. I am not sure what is happening, but it's pretty amazing...

The only problem is that I am not getting any work done up here on cloud 9...
    Last edited by Kim; 10-05-2016 at 01:45 PM.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this guy apparently was no longer interested, which turns out to be great because I met another SLI (the most typical of all SLIs I have ever met) and fell head over heels and so did he. I am not sure what is happening, but it's pretty amazing...

The only problem is that I am not getting any work done up here on cloud 9...
    Maybe you should stop getting so excited over every new guy you meet, but meet as many of them as you can, and let time take care of the rest. You just need to socialize and put yourself in places where you'll meet new, and hang around with both old and new, acquaintances. This should be much easier for you to do, than for someone reserved, skeptical, cynical, and energy-conserving like myself.
    Last edited by Park; 10-06-2016 at 01:21 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah.
    And how many other females do you know who are forthcoming and unreserved in relationships like you are?

Also, what kind of places do you like to hang out at? Where do you meet people?
    Last edited by Park; 10-06-2016 at 01:22 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And how many other females do you know who are forthcoming and unreserved in relationships like you are?

Also, what kind of places do you like to hang out at? Where do you meet people?
    Very few ladies are like me, some ESFPs and ENTJs. I'd be at work engagements, poetry clubs and idk that's how I usually meet people.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maybe you should stop getting so excited over every new guy you meet, but meet as many of them as you can, and let time take care of the rest. You just need to socialize and put yourself in places where you'll meet new, and hang around with both old and new, acquaintances. This should be much easier for you to do, than for someone reserved, skeptical, cynical, and energy-conserving like myself.
    There is only one thing I should stop doing, and that is cater to self-absorbed douchebags who feel they are so special and so deep and that their needs trump all because whothefuckknowswhy. THAT has been my problem - giving people the time of the day who are nothing but entitled selfish babies or sociopaths or both.

And what would you know about my social life?
    Last edited by Kim; 10-06-2016 at 03:08 PM.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Over it.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is only one thing I should stop doing, and that is cater to self-absorbed douchebags who feel they are so special and so deep and that their needs trump all because whothefuckknowswhy. THAT has been my problem - giving people the time of the day who are nothing but entitled selfish babies or sociopaths or both.
    That's a different issue.

And what would you know about my social life?
    Not much at all.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not much at all.
    Exactly.

I met someone, I like him, he likes me back, he is a lovely, caring, and considerate person, it feels great, it has lots of potential, so there is no need to hold back or be cautious.

If it doesn't work out, I will pick up the pieces and move on like I always do.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is no need to hold back or be cautious
    No, just the infinitesimal possibility of you misjudging a person and catering to a self-absorbed douche-bag or a sociopath you're going to whine about after the fact. But that's never happened before, so no worries.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No, just the infinitesimal possibility of you misjudging a person and catering to a self-absorbed douche-bag or a sociopath you're going to whine about after the fact. But that's never happened before, so no worries.
    Aren't you just a doll.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Duals are so cute.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sure sign someone is an SLI? Owns every single "man toy" under the sun (truck, two Harleys, four-wheeler, snowmobile, one of those little car thingies I can't remember the name of, multiple trailers, every conceivable tool to build and repair things with), a decked out garage/man cave he built, a pool he built, not to mention fencing, flooring, decks, home remodel he did himself. Hardwood floors out of a tree he had to cut down. Attached a solar panel to a trailer so the battery does not run out. Built a treehouse for his friend's kids that I would live in. Installed water system in his cabin in the woods and added bathroom and shower.

My reaction: "what in the world do you want with me? I am practically useless..."
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to basics darlings:

SLI meets IEE and they hit it off on the first date. What would be the most typical way for SLI to proceed?
    Have sex?

I know IEE girls usually fuck on the first date so... a good match I would say.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this sounds very LSI to me. Especially the man cave and Harley. LSI is the quintestiessnial mechanic.
    The description above could literally be my LSI, he loves tools and taking things apart.
    This is something I find curious about socionics stereotypes, particularly of SLIs. My husband is (by his own admission) pretty lazy and probably wouldn't bother w most of the types of things like in @Kim's post. He can perform manual labor well but prefers not to. On the other hand I know an LSI who could even be the person Kim describes, who seems always to be at the very least tinkering w some project. I'm not trying to re-type Kim's guy or anything; I just want point out how some of the stereotypes around here can be misleading.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love us IEE’s 🥺🥰. Are you still on this forum?? Did you end up marrying the last SLI you spoke about here?! I’ve referred to this thread a few times trying to figure out what’s happening with my last (new) SLI, I’m over it now since I’m came to the conclusion that he either had a relationship that hasn’t fully ended or he just has severe trust issues and he thinks I’m way too attractive for him lollll (I’m really humble he’s just told me he doesn’t believe that I actually liked him because of that) but enough about me! Did you marry him?! Or another lucky SLI maybe ? How did the beginning of the relationship progress? Where do u recon I find my next SLI? loll
    Xxxx

Exactly.

I met someone, I like him, he likes me back, he is a lovely, caring, and considerate person, it feels great, it has lots of potential, so there is no need to hold back or be cautious.

If it doesn't work out, I will pick up the pieces and move on like I always do.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    I love us IEE’s ����. Are you still on this forum?? Did you end up marrying the last SLI you spoke about here?! I’ve referred to this thread a few times trying to figure out what’s happening with my last (new) SLI, I’m over it now since I’m came to the conclusion that he either had a relationship that hasn’t fully ended or he just has severe trust issues and he thinks I’m way too attractive for him lollll (I’m really humble he’s just told me he doesn’t believe that I actually liked him because of that) but enough about me! Did you marry him?! Or another lucky SLI maybe ? How did the beginning of the relationship progress? Where do u recon I find my next SLI? loll
    Xxxx
    I don't even remember who this was! The relationship must have ended like they all did at the time - they were excited at first and then just kind of dropped off/turned out to be jerks/turned out to be married, etc.

I did marry someone, but I still don't know his type. He might be SLI , but could be something else. The relationship has been so easy that I never bothered typing him.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI is shy, reclusive, unsure about motives (sensory type) unsure about relationships (logical type)
    Sorry IEE, the job is yours - he or she is not going to do much unless you jump on him/her

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blaecaedre View Post
    SLI is shy, reclusive, unsure about motives (sensory type) unsure about relationships (logical type)
    Sorry IEE, the job is yours - he or she is not going to do much unless you jump on him/her
    Doesn't seem to have worked for Kim... unless she actually chased (initiated and maintained contact with) the guy she ended up marrying, as well.

And while I'm not shy, I do have schizoid tendencies and feel overly skeptical (and sometimes even cynical) about relationships. Which is why I sometimes wish I was a female so I'd have an easier time connecting with people, especially for romantic/sexual/spousal purposes.
    Last edited by Park; 07-20-2022 at 05:29 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I talked to my SLI friend the other day who is married to an IEE. He made it seem like she was coming after him, he said they had real good banter, but the day he knew she liked him, he knew because she left her friends to invite him to her party. He said he could also tell because her friends started asking where he was gonna be at. And the IEE said she knew the SLI liked her because everytime she went into his store he played her favorite song.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    I talked to my SLI friend the other day who is married to an IEE. He made it seem like she was coming after him, he said they had real good banter, but the day he knew she liked him, he knew because she left her friends to invite him to her party. He said he could also tell because her friends started asking where he was gonna be at. And the IEE said she knew the SLI liked her because everytime she went into his store he played her favorite song.
    Yeah, I'm not that clueless or "unsure" about relationships, either. Especially after I have observed and/or interacted with someone for a bit. But I'm relatively cynical and skeptical which lessens my motivation to be proactive about it, and it's extremely rare to bump into someone I like who also likes me back. It's usually very one-sided for me, for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Park; 07-18-2022 at 07:27 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just drop by with a bouquet of second-hand clothes and that cheapskate will love you forever

... for real now. Talk like a true IEE about the people you know, strange situations (IEE seem to be haunted by them and they love talking about it), do the voices of the people that appear in the anecdote, inject some theatricality. Don't forget the pout or project a strange voice/giggle here and there to remind them that you're a child-like weirdo. And then be on your merry way to meet with more people because you're asocial butterfly and that's what you do. She or he will be left alone in his dark dungeon.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Just drop by with a bouquet of second-hand clothes and that cheapskate will love you forever

... for real now. Talk like a true IEE about the people you know, strange situations (IEE seem to be haunted by them and they love talking about it), do the voices of the people that appear in the anecdote, inject some theatricality. Don't forget the pout or project a strange voice/giggle here and there to remind them that you're a child-like weirdo. And then be on your merry way to meet with more people because you're asocial butterfly and that's what you do. She or he will be left alone in his dark dungeon.
    Te types have limited threshold for theatricality - it's more charming for Ti types. Te types like the ethics to be primarily kind, soft, emotionally considerate, not explosive and theatrical. With that said, ILI/SLI do not prefer the quiet and kind ESI/EII but the louder, contacting and impulsive SEE/IEE

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blaecaedre View Post
    Te types have limited threshold for theatricality - it's more charming for Ti types. Te types like the ethics to be primarily kind, soft, emotionally considerate, not explosive and theatrical. With that said, ILI/SLI do not prefer the quiet and kind ESI/EII but the louder, contacting and impulsive SEE/IEE
    Let's put it this way: when the an IEE is enthusiastically talking about a specific situation or people, there is a perception of theatrics, even if you want to split hairs about the best use for the word. IEE are fantastic storytellers.

The theatricality you're referring to in in the merry quadras gives more the impression of wanting to stimulate Ti leads directly. That's different from what I was implying.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast