Thread: Twin flames and soulmates

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Twin flames and soulmates

So, what is a twin flame?

Contrary to popular belief, a twin flame is not your soul mate. Your twin flame doesn't even have to be someone you fall in love with (although it often is). "This kind of high-level, soul-based connection isn’t about romance. It’s about spiritual growth," says Vallejos. "You meet them and your life just completely changes. You start seeing the world differently. It pushes you to want to engage with the divine, shift consciousness, and become a better, soulful being in this experience." A twin flame can be a romantic partner, a friend, a mentor, or even a student.

The relationship goes both ways. It's not a one-way spiritual street. When you meet your twin flame, they will forever change your life and you will do the same thing for them. According to intuitive energy healer Tasha Nassar, a twin flame relationship helps us unite the divine masculine and feminine within us all. (We all contain masculine and feminine energies regardless of our gender.)

While such relationships are with another person, they are also meant to help us evolve our relationship with ourselves. Nassar tells Allure that when these energies come into union with one another, you become a higher version of yourself and realize a version of love different from other types of relationships.

Definition of soulmate

So let’s go back to our original question: What is a soulmate? A soulmate is indeed someone that we share a special connection with. In order to understand the concept of soulmates, it helps to understand the concept of soul groups.
    First off, let me just say that if you don’t believe in reincarnation, you’re probably going to have a hard time buying into the idea of soul groups. So you may just want to stop reading this article right now. However, if you believe in past lives, then this may be a concept that you can get with.
    One of the premises behind the idea of past lives is that we go through a series of lessons and evolve. In each lifetime, there are insights that we choose to learn.
    A soul group is a group of souls who we’re connected to on a spiritual level.

The souls in our soul group help us to evolve by interacting with us during various lifetimes. In other words, they help us to learn our lessons! Soulmates are the souls that are in our soul group. (If you want to learn more about the concept of soul groups, I highly recommend Michael Newton’s Book Journey of Souls. Newton is a regression therapist who helps people remember their past lives and the periods of time that took place between lives. In the book, he shares his clients’ stories about discovering that people in their lives are part of their soul groups.)
    Since we’re all so connected, we typically play a role in the lives of our soulmates and vice-versa in life after life. So when we run into a soulmate, we may instinctively feel like we know them (because on a soul level we do). Intuitively we recognized their energy because we knew them in previous lifetimes. One of the most common ways we recognize soulmates is through their eyes because the eyes are believed to remain the same in lifetime after lifetime.

I'm wondering if any of you believe you've been involved with a twin flame or a soulmate in your life. Perhaps an important love that you recall? Twin flames are probably duals, and I suspect not everyone has them. Soulmates can be any type and I suspect it is people you know from previous incarnations.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not sure if I realistically believe in any of that stuff. "omg he's my twin flame/soulmate cuz I'm so fucking turned on when he fucks me!" then months later when he breaks ur heart/gets you intertwined in legal battles and fucks over your entire life: "Ugh I never wanna see this person again!"

I think it's a naive & childish delusion. Or I just haven't found my right Twin Flame but I doubt it.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twin flames and Soulmates are just terms people made up for people who seemed to get along really well for no obvious reason and said it was spirit shit. Possibly duals, though it's not like socionics has the full picture either.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twin flames concept seems very similar to descriptions of semi-duality, not really duality. Duality has much less drama, at least that's my experience.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The twin flame is a vehicle to erotic experience and vistas of juicy charm the fluff the canopy of starlight dreaming and engage the senses to personify the open veil of creativity.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the definitions of this I don't think I would have a twin flame. Many people I encounter can change my life and I can have a strong connection to them.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it humorous that those who have expressed doubt about the whole concept are Ti-Fe valuing. I’m very idealistic when it comes to this sort of thing and have used the “soulmate” terminology since childhood. I don’t believe a person is confined to only one soulmate/twin flame/kindred spirit.

From the description in the original post, I would consider my dual ex my twin flame. Our relationship failed, but I still believe we were brought into each other’s lives for a reason.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my exes was my soulmate. I believe that 100% and some friends I've met also. I've always believed in soulmates.

As for twin flame, I've never really thought about it since I have a negative association to it. It's mostly just from being on Twitter spirituality and people calling other people who treat them horribly their twin flames...but now that I see an actual definition of it, it makes sense.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    I find it humorous that those who have expressed doubt about the whole concept are Ti-Fe valuing. I’m very idealistic when it comes to this sort of thing and have used the “soulmate†terminology since childhood. I don’t believe a person is confined to only one soulmate/twin flame/kindred spirit.

From the description in the original post, I would consider my dual ex my twin flame. Our relationship failed, but I still believe we were brought into each other’s lives for a reason.
    Pink, I've been reading lately a text by Jungian psychologist James Hillman that tries to describe the feeling function, and it did a good job for me of emphasizing how relational it is.

This penchant of the feeling type for maintaining touch with the other’s feeling function is not merely making everything “personal†as he is often accused of; it is truly of importance for the feeling function itself to keep a stream of relating between subject and events. This is how it functions, its raison d’être. A feeler usually does not follow the flow of thought in a discussion, although he may be attentively evaluating the thought. At the films he does not have to follow the plot in order to “get†the picture, since he learns as much from the actors, the aesthetic values or ethical content, or the import of the content for his own life. For an event not to be a waste, it must provide the feeler with opportunity for the function to exercise itself; otherwise he is deprived of his way of being-in-the-world and feels out of sorts. The necessity to evaluate can be quite a bore for nonfeeling types...
    It seems that introverted feeling types are more consciously attuned to this dynamic, or direct their attention to the subject in this exchange rather than the object. Being able to keep this "stream of relating" flowing would seem to mean understanding, which would explain why this "understanding" is so valued by Fi types.

Fe seems to prioritize the object in this exchange. Attention is drawn away from the self and toward the external world. I'm not sure exactly what an Fe person would say, but often I'm off-balanced and almost "possessed" by a desire welling up from the unconscious to express Fe. It's difficult to put this into words, but I feel, especially at these times, that there's nothing of value to be found internally. Anything internal is already mine, and it doesn't seem like much. What I want is something external; I want to take this into myself. Why should I sit and analyze my own feelings, which don't lead anywhere? Why should anyone? I'm not satisfied with passively sitting in the dark; I want the sun. I would say this idea of a "twin flame" is difficult to accept because I don't feel myself to be a flame at all.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    I find it humorous that those who have expressed doubt about the whole concept are Ti-Fe valuing. I’m very idealistic when it comes to this sort of thing and have used the “soulmate” terminology since childhood. I don’t believe a person is confined to only one soulmate/twin flame/kindred spirit.

I believe in a soul mate, I believe I was meant to meet the person I'm with right now. But, because of the way the definitions are worded I had a hard time agreeing with what it was saying.

idk why. Maybe it is type related.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah I still don't get it completely. I think I do kinda but what are the logical machianiations of Twin Flames? I frankly don't like how wishy-washy some of the definitions are and they feel too Ne based like it could be anything.

I would think Twin Flames would be somebody that is opposite of you that you are turned on by because the exotic is erotic. I think I met my "Twin Flame" before... if you mean somebody you are just very infatuated or turned on by or dated for awhile and it was exciting cuz u two were different but felt like a whole big magical thing when you connected, that could probably be a lot of people - but just because the D was good I wouldn't be like 'my twin flame!!!' Actually I probably did that before when I was 18 and felt embarrassed. It seems kinda like a deep intense feeling rather than anything sexual though.

I understand it like heterosexuality - u meet somebody that is opopsite and completes you kinda, and is intense- like your matching puzzle piece and its like... exciting and flame-y when ur with them. It can be a sexual thing or not. (I understand that part) I view it as the part of your soul and being that was missing when you were born- but together you feel complete. or maybe I'm mixing up soulmate with twin flame meh. But to me soulmate is more based on a deeper friendship, and equality. Twin Flame is more 'oooh I like him/her cuz h/she's different than me.'

Banned
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by peteronfireee2; 08-31-2021 at 09:14 PM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

it sounds like duality

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all of this cow nonsense aimed at Me, My flame is racing and surging with volumes of gel and smoothie slushy mouse faints and shadows of drama queen sketch alarm alert for mobilized chess minions to produce outrageous fancy spells and lightning-bolt holography with the tin rage fence creatures of decisive firmament moonlight sarcophagus mentorship arrows of the tree fissured glass photo orb. My memories of Love under the sun with Bunny enjoy fluid rungs to vistas of paradise isles, no matter how insurmountable of a credits stack the museum of hair takes the runway train of aerial avalanches. To push Your Lover's buttons and hear synthesis of burn heal laughter giggles the potions and Sunday demo quicksand of sparkling castles and save files in the cobweb of straw dummies.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the idea is that twin flame is 1 soul split into two bodies, but soul mates are 2 separate souls that are extraordinarily connected.
    That makes you and your twin flame are actually very similar.
    We can learn from both twin flames and soul mates, and there will always be a deep connection, but the difference is soul mates may give us confidence boost, on the other hand twin flames show us our insecurities, fears, quite the opposite. There's like this mirroring effect, hence they call twin flame the "mirror soul" that can teach us to grow and make us more ourself.

I would say twin flames are more like our mirror partners.

TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is this IEE that I call my twin flame and an ILE that I call my soulmate... I know them for like 20+ years so it could just be that I won't be me without them and therefore am in a sense spiritually connected to them.
    If they ever tryna neck, I'll put my foot up in your caca
    Call your mama and your papa
    Like I'm finna take your dadda
    Turn that bitch into a soccer ball and rocka, rocka, rocka (brrr)
    Get into it like a suit
    And fuck a stack up like a broker

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get this twin flame stuff. You just find someone you love and can rely on and then you stick around them.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Twin flames =/= plain karmic relationship.
    "Mirroring" is not about the personality, twin flames mirror life experiences.

There is a bigger chance that your dual is your soulmate not a twin flame based on the descriptions.
    You have a lot of soulmate, the collection of them is referred to as "soulmate family".

Your twin flame doesn't have to be present here in this lifetime.
    Doesn't match my experience. My twin flame was my dual, and the other romantic interests I've had, who probably were soulmates, were other types. I believe that your twin flame(for those that have them) forcibly are your dual.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said bigger chance.

I would pry why you considered the person as your twin flame instead of a soulmate but your experience is your experience.
    She is my twin flame because:

1) We are "duals" or complementary on everything (Socionics, DCNH, Enneagram,etc). If you find someone who is like this, it probably means they are your twin flame.
    2) I felt something strange when in her company, like a time dilation or something.
    3) She ghosted me, which is a phenomenon that can happen when dealing with twin flames.
    4) Some lady that seemed psychic that I showed our photos, said we looked like "go-togethers", and it's true, this woman and me have a complementary appeareance like sort as if we were from the same "set" or something.
    5) I just know it.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I hear "twin flame" I can't help but think of the flame hazes in Shakugan no Shana lol
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    I'm wondering if any of you believe you've been involved with a twin flame or a soulmate in your life. Perhaps an important love that you recall? Twin flames are probably duals, and I suspect not everyone has them. Soulmates can be any type and I suspect it is people you know from previous incarnations.
    To answer your question seriously, I'm not willing to take anything regarding spirituality on faith, though I may adopt the idea in a sort of symbolic sense because I quite like it.

I have encountered one twin flame before, but she was my identical - definitely not my dual. Not saying a twin flame couldn't be your dual, just that mine for sure wasn't. We definitely had a pretty big effect on each other. I think in some ways it worked because she was from a very Beta culture and I was the only Beta in a household full of Alphas and Deltas. She sort of showed me how to be properly Beta in a lot of ways because I think her expectations of an SLE partner led to her encouraging the more SLE-like aspects of myself to come out. So far no one has ever had as sudden or profound an impact on my life as she did.

As an aside, why do people care so much about "belief" when it comes to spirituality? I feel like it's not only irrelevant, but actively detracts from the experience. Spirituality is best engaged with when you don't feel any need to consider anything about it "real" or literal. You can make use of the concept of reincarnation to communicate an otherwise hard to explain intuitive concept without actually having to literally "believe" that you have lived multiple times. In the same vein, it can be very helpful to use the concept of God as a symbolic device regardless of your stance on the existential nature of sky daddies. It's really not relevant at all whether it is actually the case or not, and it's entirely unfalsifiable anyways, so bringing up belief in any capacity is pretty meaningless
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess I only have karmic relationships
    I met a soulmate once, but he was my socionics supervisor so I souldumped him.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol

you’re my solmate

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aahhh why did you mention that anime, now I remember my twin flame because that's one of his favorites

God this day is really giving me death lmao
    Oh no, I'm sorry lol
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the closest thing I've experienced to a "twin flame" was kindred relations. In a relationship and even talking to a complete stranger.