Thread: weight

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default weight

Can this help you meet your weight goal?

http://mariashriver.com/blog/2015/04...ara-gottfried/
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being vegan, I already fit most of those, and alcohol was cut from my system over a year ago. Cutting the sugar and caffeine may help, but even those are more limited than they once were. At times I wonder if I'm following in the footsteps of my family with an under-active thyroid.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roro View Post
    Being vegan, I already fit most of those, and alcohol was cut from my system over a year ago. Cutting the sugar and caffeine may help, but even those are more limited than they once were. At times I wonder if I'm following in the footsteps of my family with an under-active thyroid.
    Why vegan?

I've done it for short term periods, but y'know, life and living it - it lowers my long term options.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I don't understand the struggle of weight gain, mostly because I stop eating once I'm full. I physically can't eat anymore. I eat healthy, (mostly whole foods) but even if I eat junk I don't really notice a huge change in my weight, only in my energy.

I tried the vegan thing once as an experiment and I felt so lethargic and weak. I had to start eating lean meats again to feel normal.
    Don't you have a history of eating disorders?

I'm confused how you can't understand, or maybe you don't know why you have eating disorders so continue on the path?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it really surprises me that people can, you know, get fat

like... just eat less. not particularly hard.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    it really surprises me that people can, you know, get fat

like... just eat less. not particularly hard.
    It doesn't surprise me.

It's 82p a Mars bar.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha. i don't know, maybe just hard for me to gain weight.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand the struggle of weight gain, mostly because I stop eating once I'm full. I physically can't eat anymore. I eat healthy, (mostly whole foods) but even if I eat junk I don't really notice a huge change in my weight, only in my energy.

I tried the vegan thing once as an experiment and I felt so lethargic and weak. I had to start eating lean meats again to feel normal.
    This is actually slightly embarrassing for me to admit, but food is literally on my mind 24/7. I honestly think I have some kind of food addiction because my weight is ALWAYS on my mind and I'm always contemplating what my next meal will be. I definitely don't eat to survive. I barely ever get full unless I eat A LOT so idk, i totally get how people are overweight. I'm not fat, most wouldn't even consider me overweight but I'm definitely got the chubb and I'm getting to the point where I just want to be able to accept it. I'm surpried I don't weigh more than what I do, tbh. What is a mystery to me is how people are skinny. I just don't effing get it Like how do you not even think about food? To me it's just an automatic thought.

Martisa, it seems like an interesting diet but I have tried so many things at this point I just don't have the strength anymore. I just watch my calories and try to workout.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been able to eat whatever and how ever much I want and stay slim and relatively skinny for as long as I can remember.

The only reason I've adjusted my diet over time is because of skin problems (acne) and other health benefits.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys make me feel like a freak sometimes. Do ANY of you have problems gaining weight? Something just doesn't seem right here. The majority of people I see IRL are slightly overweight but yet somehow here, everyone is magically in shape.

UGH

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@op: just exercise (doesn't have to be at a gym.. take up gymnastics or rock climbing if you want something interesting). jog to work to save time. eat low-glycemic foods that release energy slowly and stay away from processed crap and refined sugars.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think about food and get cravings, but only maybe 3 or 4 times during the day, and it's when my body needs it. Once I get food I'll eat until I reach a point where I'll have to stop. I'll just start feeling really uncomfortable. Sometimes it also depends on my cycle, so I think hormones your body releases could have something to do with it (maybe Martisa's link is on to something). The week before my period I get a raging hunger and want to eat everything in sight, then once it starts I lose interest in food all together.

There have also been studies that have shown a link to gut bacteria and cravings/weight gain. They can release chemicals to your brain that make you crave certain sugary foods that they thrive on, which is kind of crazy. There has also been other links to gut flora and mood changes. Your gut is more connected to your mind than you would think. I'm a big believer in probiotics and fermented foods for a lot of reasons.

This also reminds me of a documentary that I saw a while back that you may find interesting. They focused on studying naturally thin people and found the reasons why they stay slim:

Btw I've never seen you as chubbs, Jessica. You've always looked fit in your pictures, so it may just be your mind psyching you out.
    I'm going to watch this after I get off work, because I am honestly intrigued.

I think I may have some kind of really bad body image or something. IDK. I think I place too much importance on the numbers on my scale. I just get really insecure because I used to be rail thin and now I can't get under a certain weight for anything, no matter how hard I try. I just see women with these amazing toned bodies and it's just like...how? I've never had that.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Whenever my pants start getting too tight, I cut back on the amount of food I eat. Likewise, when my pants start falling down, requiring me to wear suspenders, err, I mean a belt, I know I need to eat a little more.

That and I'm too cheap to buy new pants.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I'm going to watch this after I get off work, because I am honestly intrigued.

I think I may have some kind of really bad body image or something. IDK. I think I place too much importance on the numbers on my scale. I just get really insecure because I used to be rail thin and now I can't get under a certain weight for anything, no matter how hard I try. I just see women with these amazing toned bodies and it's just like...how? I've never had that.
    I am going to watch this as well. But I look rather at how it looks like in the mirror than at numbers on a scale. There is also natural morphology predisposition so I try to stay realistic in my goals...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I barely ever get full unless I eat A LOT
    lol, same here
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I forget to eat so much and I get so cranky.