Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE type me - IEI or EII?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    One should know that "negative" traits can be attractive.. Bad boys and girls yo... also lowers expectations.. ^_^

I don't think you're "faking" anything but instead it's more that you perhaps don't see yourself exactly as others see you. I think perhaps your moments of shyness and self consciousness do weight heavily on you, however, that doesn't define your introversion or extroversion.
    @darya: Have you ever seen "girl interrupted?"
    there's a lot of movies, books, songs, about women with qualities that are not "socially acceptable" but "totally hot". Also, those women are usually like that not because they want to, but because they are. Shyness makes you less approachable and thus more attractive, Quietness makes you mysterious, Being unpredictable IS one of the universal signifiers of dominance and self esteem (even if you don't feel that yourself).

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFjs are victims. ISTjs (LSIs) are their duals.
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    @hkkmr you seem to know your shit. Bad boys are imo much more popular. No one wants a bitch and bad girls are looked upon, so I always try to present myself like a better person

I'm offiicially open to being ENFj know. Wait, so who is my dual? And more importantly, can I no longer be a victim (oh, the horror) ?!
    ENFj is still a victim and the dual of ENFj is ISTj. Some boys like bad girls... see Refi.. he's a bad girl addict.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aivonaima View Post
    Couldn't bother to read everything, but I skimmed through the bolded parts and IEI seems more probable than EII. You seem like you'd value the company of an exciting, adventurous SLE way higher than that of a boring, down-to-earth, practical LSE.
    How about an exciting, adventurous LSE as opposed to a boring, scumbag-gy SLE?

Seriously, if you present one option as "exciting" and the other one as "boring", very few people are going to find themselves preferring the latter. I'm sure people generally find their own interests as less boring than those of others. (I don't think I've met many SLEs I didn't find boring. And, believe it or not, but it really is possible to find an LSE mind-blowingly exciting. )
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ughh, but I don't want an LSI, I don't think I've ever been attracted to one ->

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj is still a victim and the dual of ENFj is ISTj. Some boys like bad girls... see Refi.. he's a bad girl addict.
    Recovering Bad Girl Addict, i'm doing the steps and all!

all join the RBGA-group!

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

I think EIE's are wonderful, so if you are then I will automatically find you wonderful. Not a psychotic girl! I like your spirit.
    awww, so sweet

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agarina dear, I was merely making an attempt at joking!

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    And, believe it or not, but it really is possible to find an LSE mind-blowingly exciting.
    Proof or it never ever happened.
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think duality relationships can be surprising to people, especially if there have been no close/intimate relations with one's dual. It's very difficult to imagine someone that is like our dual because the functions which our dual manifests most strongly is in our weak and unconscious area. I think it takes experience and intimacy with these kinds of individuals before these relationships can be understood.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agarina dear, I was merely making an attempt at joking!

Wrong,

PICTURES OR IT NEVER HAPPENED!!

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if you´re EIE, good luck in trying to persuade LSI you´re not just a superficial status-seeking attention-whore narcissistic bitch who cannot maintain any consistency in beliefs from one day to another without help.

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSIs are still IEIs' activators and you should generally find their company pleasant, were you an IEI.

Also, what hkkmr said.

I think I only recently had my very first dual-crush... It's easy to overly romanticize duality and dismiss everything else, but in reality it's not like the only people you're attracted to are your duals.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Recovering Bad Girl Addict, i'm doing the steps and all!

all join the RBGA-group!
    I hope the therapists know their shit better than in my RBBA group

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    if you´re EIE, good luck in trying to persuade LSI you´re not just a superficial status-seeking attention-whore narcissistic bitch who cannot maintain any consistency in beliefs from one day to another without help.
    But that's exactly what they're looking for....

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

i love a good challenge

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, did you mean this as harsh as i interpreted it??

I hope the therapists know their shit better than in my RBBA group

The best cure for bad girl addiction is castration, I think they know their shit ^^

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How about an exciting, adventurous LSE as opposed to a boring, scumbag-gy SLE?

Seriously, if you present one option as "exciting" and the other one as "boring", very few people are going to find themselves preferring the latter. I'm sure people generally find their own interests as less boring than those of others. (I don't think I've met many SLEs I didn't find boring. And, believe it or not, but it really is possible to find an LSE mind-blowingly exciting. )
    Define boring. Let´s turn this crazy crappy Beta thread into a defense of Delta system of values. I agree with "dual-seeking" charm ...but lmao, SLE can be fucking unpredictable even for their Mirror. And it´s hard to believe Delta NF would find polr hits boring. Annoying, yeah, painful, probably, but not boring.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Define boring. Let´s turn this crazy crappy Beta thread into a defense of Delta system of values. I agree with "dual-seeking" charm ...but lmao, SLE can be fucking unpredictable even for their Mirror. And it´s hard to believe Delta NF would find polr hits boring. Annoying, yeah, painful, probably, but not boring.
    I actually think that conflictors/super-ego can find each other extremely exciting when they meet, conflict is exciting! But as time proceeds the little subtle pain points of the interaction are exposed and eventually contempt and disgust form in these relations if they are kept at a close distance.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@hkkmr, i have yet another question: why do you think I'm EIE over IEI? Don't they share the same functions just in slightly different order? Is it just about the general feel of my extraversion or something else...I trust your judgment, I would just like to better understand typing methods...What for example rules IEI out?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@darya

I am just sitting back, watching and thinking, git it girl, show em' all whatcha workin' with!

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you more inclined to focus on a task sequentially and in one sitting, getting immersed in it OR do things in a random order and multi-task, and stay detached from it?

Are you more inclined to notice what's not there OR what there is? For example, when saving for a certain sum of money, are you more likely to think how much you still need to save OR how much you've already saved?

When someone comes to you with their troubles, are you more inclined to offer them empathy and emotional comfort OR focus on giving them concrete advice? Do you have more trouble distancing yourself from others' emotions and experiences OR their requests for action?

Are you more inclined to change your methods according to your goals OR change your goals in alignment to your methods?

Which would you consider more "sacred" (meaning, you're less likely to share it with others), ideas or resources? If you have an interest for something that's unattainable for you, will you drop it and move onto something else or will you keep on pursuing that interest?

Are you more likely to be spontaneous, using resources/information "at hand", believing that you cannot prepare for everything OR use information you've accumulated over time, and plan ahead?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@hkkmr, i have yet another question: why do you think I'm EIE over IEI? Don't they share the same functions just in slightly different order? Is it just about the general feel of my extraversion or something else...I trust your judgment, I would just like to better understand typing methods...What for example rules IEI out?
    I think EIE or IEI is almost certainly the right typing but there a few things I note in EIE's which you also have.

This part below is my methodology of typing E/I and it's very Jungian, I view extroverts as externalizing their subjectivity and introverts as oriented towards their subjectivity.(probably really bad words here)

You have a extroverted communication style, you tend to externalize internal content and verbalize this in a image constructing fashion. It's still self-conscious and in a way self-absorbed, but you externalize these internal states into a way that others can understand and objectively evaluate. You talk a lot about how other people see you and how other people might see you, as well as describe things that can easily be observed such as (I put a lot of effort in my appearance). I think overall, your initial post is lacking in internal content. You try to express it but it doesn't actually come out that way, everyone has subjective content and it comes out of us whether or not we want it to, however, I find that Extroverts/extratims in socionics tend to objectify, give it the appearance of third party observation or describe it in a way that it appear to be third party observable. This is a trait that I see as the primary difference of E/I in socionics and it's not something we have a lot of control over.

The other part is my experience with EIE's and IEI's. EIE and IEI are two types I have decades of extensive experience with, and I have a good idea how they think and behave, and there's just a lot of things in your first post which leads me to believe you are EIE and not IEI.

A lot of times being self-conscious is just having strong intuition and not related to introversion(oriented towards subjectivity). Intuition is an inactive, contemplative function versus the active action oriented nature of sensing.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, you can diss deltas all you like if that's what you want to do. My point was merely to point out that using highly subjective, loaded terms like "boring" or "exciting" in an attempt to help someone figure out their type isn't necessarily very helpful.

What comes to "boring", some random online dictionary defined it as "so uninteresting as to cause mental weariness". I find that satisfactory enough, and it fits how I perceive (most) SLEs. It's not so much about a person's unpredictableness, people can be unpredictable in uninteresting ways, too. Or predictable in their unpredictableness (choosing surprising activities/topics, but always interacting/going on about them in similar ways, etc).

Do you think thins "impossible to find your conflictor boring"-thing if true for everyone, or unique to Delta NF:s (and maybe some other types)? If the latter, what do you think would make Delta NF:s different? Also, do you think I'm mistyped or lying about being bored by SLEs? Bleh, maybe our understanding of boredom is just very different, but you're really not making much sense to me.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Aylen

I suddenly feel like twerking

I suspect you're my long lost twin and not Refi's ex-wife

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most online tests seem pretty crappy to me, but this one is quite good. You can leave out the ones you're not sure about.

http://zhilkin.com/socio/en/
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen

The one is not mutually exclusive with the other...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Aylen

I'll type you...you're my type.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to find this awesome Te heaven thread filled with awesome Te stuff even XEIs admitted was awesome that someone made some years ago, but apparently it's been buried too deep so bleh. I could send you the results of my newest science experiment on changes in panties wetness levels around LSEs in purple pants, tho.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Most online tests seem pretty crappy to me, but this one is quite good. You can leave out the ones you're not sure about.

http://zhilkin.com/socio/en/
    Hmmm, this test was complicated but very interesting. I had difficulties with some of these dichotomies. First of all, It's clear from the test that I'm either IEI or EIE. I left out intovert/extravert and rational/irrational. I'm 100% sure I'm ethical, intuitive, dynamic, asking, subjective and aristocratic. I stil believe IEI is more plausible, as I'm prety sure I'm also emotive, decisive, yielding and result-oriented, also probably positive. I have no idea about tactical/strategic.

But don't take my word on all of them. All in all, I think IEI pwns EIE (at least in this test). But I don't know how accurate these dichotomies are? And is it possible to be some kind of IEI/EIE hybrid, special snowflake(TM)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Agarina

Nice test once I figured it out.

I got - Yesenin — “Lyricist”

I also got SEI when I chose a couple different answers.

Now back to @darya

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think EIE or IEI is almost certainly the right typing but there a few things I note in EIE's which you also have.

This part below is my methodology of typing E/I and it's very Jungian, I view extroverts as externalizing their subjectivity and introverts as oriented towards their subjectivity.(probably really bad words here)

You have a extroverted communication style, you tend to externalize internal content and verbalize this in a image constructing fashion. It's still self-conscious and in a way self-absorbed, but you externalize these internal states into a way that others can understand and objectively evaluate. You talk a lot about how other people see you and how other people might see you, as well as describe things that can easily be observed such as (I put a lot of effort in my appearance). I think overall, your initial post is lacking in internal content. You try to express it but it doesn't actually come out that way, everyone has subjective content and it comes out of us whether or not we want it to, however, I find that Extroverts/extratims in socionics tend to objectify, give it the appearance of third party observation or describe it in a way that it appear to be third party observable. This is a trait that I see as the primary difference of E/I in socionics and it's not something we have a lot of control over.

The other part is my experience with EIE's and IEI's. EIE and IEI are two types I have decades of extensive experience with, and I have a good idea how they think and behave, and there's just a lot of things in your first post which leads me to believe you are EIE and not IEI.

A lot of times being self-conscious is just having strong intuition and not related to introversion(oriented towards subjectivity). Intuition is an inactive, contemplative function versus the active action oriented nature of sensing.
    Hkkmr, that's very insightful and you explained it perfectly. I've never thought about I/E from this pov. Yeah, I definitely think a lot and am concerned how other people perceive me. But I think I have trouble seeing the difference between 4w3 and 3w4 in this aspect .

I also definitely verbalize internal content in an image constructing way. I sometimes even say some of my thoughts and observation out loud, as I would be explaining them to an audience (i try to make them understandable, for example logically summarizing them, deducting information, putting conclusions into paragraphs and trying to remember them at the same time) . It's like I'm preparing material for some speech that never actually happens - thank god ) I ALWAYS have others in my mind, when I'm thinking in my head, sometimes even specific people. Funny though how I hate public speeches.

God that was difficult to put into words in english. I swear I will never talk about myself after this thread dies down

One more question: do you find dichotomies accurate for typing?. Cause I think I'm more on the IEI side if going by them.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    @Agarina

Nice test once I figured it out.

I got - Yesenin — “Lyricist”

I also got SEI when I chose a couple different answers.

Now back to @darya
    I got Yesenin too. Takes one to know one

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

One more question: do you find dichotomies accurate for typing?. Cause I think I'm more on the IEI side if going by them.
    Typing is something that should be considered holistically. Some dichotomies are difficult to use because there will generally be some that are harder to identify and be certain of, the dichotomies are also quite nuanced and a lot of self-perception and self-reporting can end in a mistyping.

My methodology with E/I is something I only adopted recently(within last year) and it is something I have used to good effect. It also happens to be supported by Jung. E/I dichotomy as described in MBTI and other studies like Big 5 is not the same as Socionics E/I or Jungian E/I. Most of the reinin dichotomies are poorly described and I only use them as a error checking method. IMO Jung gave the best descriptions of IE's and I have not found better, however Socionics gives these descriptions the ability to be analyzed via it's model, dichotomy characteristics(static/dynamic, internal/external, object field), new hypothetical dichotomies(Reinin), and function dichotomies based on Model A and many other features of the theory and model. Because function descriptions better than Jungian descriptions has yet to be produced, I heavily rely on these for typing. In this sense I use Jungian dichotomies(I/E, T/F, N/S, J/P) for the analysis of type but the goal is always to identify the exact information element(Jung function) within the ego of the individual.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Vois

Hehe, yeah kinda hypocritical.I'll try to explain:

In general I don't wantt to affect others in an negative emotional way (because I know how negatively it affects me if others are in bad mood ) and I'm trying not to hurt other people's feelings (saying what I really feel about them or being unfriendly might hurt them -> I would feel bad for them and have guilty conscience): So that means I'm usually trying to be as polite as possible. In my eyes, in these circumstances it's more important to be polite than genuine, so not to hurt others.

When I said that I value genuineness, I meant more in the "not putting a fake persona on". I can see through people if they're poseurs or faking emotions. If someone is nice to me and I feel like they have pure intentions and are being themselves, I will instantly like them. I can tell fake sweetnes from real sweetnes in a sec and no, the above is not an example of fake sweetnes, as I stillI have people's best intentions at heart when I'm faking I like them Fake sweet is when you can sense that someone will backstab you and wishes you bad things covered by a fake smile. I (almost) never wish bad things to happen to people that never hurted me.

It's different if you just don't like someone in general and you gossip a little behind their back or if you laugh at their misfurtune, try to humiliate them or actively try to sabotage them. Not saying either will score you any points with Jesus

When I give people compliments to make them feel good about themselves, I do my best to not give fake compliments, but try to find something that I really admire about them. If I can't stand someone and he's being bitchy to me, then I will resort to manipulation, fake compliments and backhanded compliments, trying to fuck them up But ONLY if they haveprior bad intentions towards me, which I can smell from a mile away. Idk, maybe other people don't do this, but I have asneaking suspicion most do and just don't want to admit it to themselves.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I got Yesenin too. Takes one to know one
    http://www.socionics.com/prof/enfj.htm

http://www.socionics.com/prof/infp.htm

YWIMW

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not so good of a site. Try Wikisocion.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Are you more inclined to focus on a task sequentially and in one sitting, getting immersed in it OR do things in a random order and multi-task, and stay detached from it?

Are you more inclined to notice what's not there OR what there is? For example, when saving for a certain sum of money, are you more likely to think how much you still need to save OR how much you've already saved?

When someone comes to you with their troubles, are you more inclined to offer them empathy and emotional comfort OR focus on giving them concrete advice? Do you have more trouble distancing yourself from others' emotions and experiences OR their requests for action?

Are you more inclined to change your methods according to your goals OR change your goals in alignment to your methods?

Which would you consider more "sacred" (meaning, you're less likely to share it with others), ideas or resources? If you have an interest for something that's unattainable for you, will you drop it and move onto something else or will you keep on pursuing that interest?

Are you more likely to be spontaneous, using resources/information "at hand", believing that you cannot prepare for everything OR use information you've accumulated over time, and plan ahead?
    1. In a random order, multi-tasking.
    2. What there is.
    3. Feel empathy and offer emotional support - definitely.
    Hmm, I have troubles distancing from both the same I think?
    4. Change my methods according to my goals.
    5, Resources (I think).
    I will drop it.
    6. Use information I've accumulated over time.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well what topics then don't interact with real data ? I meant to say that I'm very analitical.(seeing the big picture, noticing patterns, reading between the lines and seeing the hidden meanings and agendas behind people actions, seeing all the possibilities,...). I don't deal with cold facts and don't notice details. I'm the most unpractical and unpragmatic person I know. Most of the time I don't live in the present, but thinking about present and future (daydreaming, thinking again and again about past events, thinking up scenarios might happen in the future). I am just not here and now person (unless other people get me down to earth). Isn't that an indicator for intuition or am I missing something?

And what about my other concerns about your typing?
    so you're not a carefree type. That would mean that whoever typed you SEI is wrong

I would say you're farsighted dichotomy based on what you say in the above...let's see which types those are...

SEE is still a farsighted type.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    And also, she didn't catch onto scapes sarcasm all that well and geared the conversation towards more of a serious topic about herself. I type scapegrace as IEI, that Fe sarcasm ("Let's see your emotions...laugh laugh laugh" or give me a good come back did not happen here with her interaction) so yeah...very serious quadrant.
    Just so you don't get confused in your attempts to type yourself, Darya. I am not IEI. So don't compare yourself to me.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast