701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default SLI/ISTp and irritability

Someone explain from functional standpoint please
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Needs more context to be answered properly. As a start, here's what Gulenko writes about SLI with respect to Se in its corresponding model G profile: "It's not aggressive but it suffers from spurs/outbreaks of anger which happens to it sometimes"
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agree with the 1D notion. Lacks grip on juggling emotional subtlety; wants to skip other people's expressive antics. Add: being too matter of fact, plus general sensing having less patience (although... SLI is still more patient than egos, mind you).

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Te egos want to structure their environment and set clear boundaries and rules. when that doesnt happen or they receive resistance they become angry. (type 8 and 1)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Low Fe
    but Fe is to lift or move other person's emotions and it's based on emotional interpretation of stuff that happens. Fe types are notorious for explosive behavior (look at my sister ) lol I think that the low grade irritability must be Si (stuff bothering them).
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think SLIs are more irritable in general than other types. I think Fe PoLR can look less friendly and less interested in expressing positive emotions, hard time with getting and keeping up with emotional atmosphere etc hence less interest in social interaction, preference for preserving comfort and peace, over time it turns on isolation. Which can look like grumpiness to some I guess.

As you said, 4DFe ppl is very emotional and tend to be irritable or short tempered, being kinda neurotic when not borderline.
    Last edited by Hope; 05-08-2019 at 07:16 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
    I don't think SLIs are more irritable in general than other types. I think Fe PoLR can look less friendly and less interested in expressing positive emotions, hard time with getting and keeping up with emotional atmosphere etc hence less interest in social interaction, preference for preserving comfort and peace, over time isolation. Which can look like grumpiness to some I guess.

As you said, 4DFe ppl is very emotional and tend to experience anger or being kinda neurotic when not borderline.
    They look more expressive than I do. My sli cousin jokes and teases way more than me
    -

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    They look more expressive than I do. My sli cousin jokes and teases way more than me
    Sense of humor is very different than keeping up with emotional atmosphere imo.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    but Fe is to lift or move other person's emotions and it's based on emotional interpretation of stuff that happens. Fe types are notorious for explosive behavior (look at my sister ) lol I think that the low grade irritability must be Si (stuff bothering them).
    I don't know your sister. Any low Fe type can seem irritable in the sense of lacking positivity in their expression, but yes, Si leading means that they're more likely to react negatively to immediate irritating stimuli than ILIs for example.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All people get irritable. More than other temperaments, Ip-types tend to be defensive. One of the factors that causes defensiveness is that their innate ability to focus on one subject so intently also makes them easily subject to being blindsided. Some, who have been blindsided often enough, become overly sensitive to the intent of others. Now all types can be blindsided but statistically Ips seem more subject to it because their strength (being able to focus to the exclusion of everything else) is also a weakness. Now, SLIs tend to be more physical in their defence; one can sometimes notice the lesser controlled of them actually struggling to restrain themselves - a few don't even attempt restraint.....

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Te egos want to structure their environment and set clear boundaries and rules. when that doesnt happen or they receive resistance they become angry. (type 8 and 1)
    that's more Ti

I guess when we get irritated, it's our unconscious + superego (ID + low Fe) to take the lead..

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    that's more Ti

I guess when we get irritated, it's our unconscious + superego (ID + low Fe) to take the lead..
    no Ti is structuring inner world, Te is structuring outer world

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok boss

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup@op

TIM