Thread: lying and intuition

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default lying and intuition

I believe I grew up with primarily sensing types in my family, and looking back, the role I played was mainly that of mediator and did so by... lying, using intuition. (There may be a better way to say this, but that is escaping me right now).

Things such as... my father going on a rampage on my sister (she did not follow his instructions that the knife should not go in the sink, as the water will rust it) and I defending her in some sense. "Yes, dad, you're right, it's just, we were in such a rush to get out the door today, that we let it get by us. It's only been a couple hours... surely, that's not enough time for it to rust?" "I guess not... just don't do it again." (we just forgot, we did not really give a shit, but my sister looked at me like 'how the hell did you make that up?'; used to pull this on a lot of my high school teachers and professors too).

Or... when someone else goes on a rampage ("I cannot believe he did that to me! You should have spoken up! That was not right!") It's like beginning to sense that the shit-throwing will happen soon unless I intervene. "Maybe he was just having a bad day... maybe he wouldn't normally have said something like that, perhaps give him another chance?" "You're right, maybe I am being too harsh."

What do you guys think?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think that we use the tools we have to do the job that needs to be done.

It is a shame that your family is / was so unreasonable, but the skills you developed will help you in the future. The world is full of unreasonable Sensors.

Feeling as if you HAVE to intervene might be a problem. You don’t have to be the world’s fixer. You should feel free to walk away from some messes.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange

Do not get me wrong. Sometimes I would just say nothing and watch the sparks fly just because it was fun. Thanks for the concern regardless.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure lying in those cases is related to intuition. Sensors can so it as well.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry. Didn't explain myself as well as I should have.

Yeah, sensors can do it too - we all do "use" all information elements, just in different frequencies and in different areas of our psyche. But if intuition is that which is separate from tangible reality, then lying - which is also a fabrication, not something that happened in reality - would then be a function of intuition.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To get someone do something
    #1 can you own the triggers of others.

To get someone "understand" you
    #2 Can you be convincing enough.

Seems to be F/T depending on application and realm where it takes place aka N/S (having "vision" or "quick hands" for example).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All types lie, but from my experience, Ni-types seem to have the best natural ability for it.........

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    All types lie, but from my experience, Ni-types seem to have the best natural ability for it.........

a.k.a. I/O
    I knew I was good at something.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, intuitives lie to save their asses from cradle to grave. I think weak S makes them afraid of facing the consequences of their acts.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Yeah, intuitives lie to save their asses from cradle to grave. I think weak S makes them afraid of facing the consequences of their acts.
    Been surviving that way all my teenage years, now that i'm older, thankfully i just avoid fucking up in general, but yeah. We're sneaky.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Hey look I meant to walk into that wall. I was just testing you.