TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Maritsa said, re: @kadda1212, "Why would you stare at shades for hours?":

Isn't it great when you compliment each other and can be in charge of different areas for each other?

I am pretty good at remembering shades. I have been dong a lot of staging and arranging at SLIs house and used my remembering of color a lot, sometimes not bringing along the paint swatch or items, just putting them in my memory. Even though it matters to me a LOT that I get it right, I instead rely on my color memory. If I get it wrong, which I do occasionally, its okay, I enjoy figuring out why I got it wrong, to hone my skill.
    What you describe here sounds for me like ESE - LII duality. I for myself would go crazy if a woman would arrange and change to much stuff in my flat. In my flat everything has its place for a reason and is practical. I think other SLI's would hate it too maybe a si super-id Person would appreciate it

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    What you describe here sounds for me like ESE - LII duality. I for myself would go crazy if a woman would arrange and change to much stuff in my flat. In my flat everything has its place for a reason and is practical. I think other SLI's would hate it too maybe a si super-id Person would appreciate it
    When you live together you do have to find compromises for the common living areas, but when I lived with my SLI ex, our respective work spaces were off limits. It wasn't something we ever talked about, but there was a mutual understanding that each of us needed a place that is purely our own and will not be disturbed in any shape or form. The articles and books and papers on my desk may look scattered, but there is a method behind it, so I don't need anyone messing with that (or even move the coffee mug...). And that way he could protect any sort of technology that my clumsiness could destroy...
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I often have notes and papers scattered all over the place. Like one project is scattered on the bed, one is scattered on the livingroom table, and one or two in "my room". When SiFe richard gets home I do try to remember to move the bed papers off his side of the bed. But other than his shoving some papers over when I forgot to, he doesnt mess with my papers because I get irritable as I resort them.

I really dislike organizing to begin with. And haven't the mindset to maintain an organized system.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I would go crazy if someone tried to rearrange my living space - it's aesthetically how I want it, and there is a practical reason for most things to be where they are. The space is arranged so that it maximizes the physical area (trying to fit in different things and still have the apartment feel "open" and "spacious") while encouraging the inhabitant (me) to interact with and make use of different parts of the space. If I did interior design for a living, I think the above would be my work philosophy.

On the other hand, it feels very "me" and I would never want to rearrange an SO's space to have it feel so cloyingly "me." The aesthetic disappears for me b/c it's so comfortable but probably wouldn't for him. I've often wondered how it would feel to move in with someone and want to have the space I want while also giving him his own space too. Maybe we would need separate corners that were off limits and a common area, or something, if that was doable.

One thing I noticed is that, as opposed to my SEE mother, I tend to arrange things within subgroups (i.e. clothing) solely by genre/ type of item rather than by how often I use the item. When I've tried to arrange by how often I use the item, I;ve felt mentally disorganized and unable to decide where to put it or remember where it is. I'm not sure if this is type related or not or just some weird form of neurosis.
    Last edited by lemontrees; 10-23-2013 at 08:44 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Jadae16t - liked the wrong post, please consider your Amen to personal space of superior quality.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Come to think of it, I really don't mind turning over aesthetic control of common living space. This was always taken on by the respective partner. It just has to be bright and friendly, but other than that I will gladly relinquish control.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Come to think of it, I really don't mind turning over aesthetic control of common living space. This was always taken on by the respective partner. It just has to be bright and friendly, but other than that I will gladly relinquish control.
    Oh sure and especially the maintenance thereof... as long as i can keep my things and do my things it's all fine. Ah yes common living space no problemo, my space all mine thanks.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's even worse with Fe. I am So incapable of reading emotions that I never knew when it's enough to annoye people. I often got beaten up because of that. True Story: There was this Hells Angels guy I told him about 10 mins how ridicoulous his outfit looks and that his bike with the long curved bar looks like a three wheel bike for children. My Si saw his facial expressions changing But i was unable to Interpret it. All the time i was thinking we have a nice fashion/bike conversation. Anyway the next thing I remember was waking up in the Hospital.
    Without a beloved IEE Dual who could explain me with Fi creative and Fe demonstrative why what happened I'd still be in the dark.
    That's called a weak jaw....not Fe

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    That's called a weak jaw....not Fe
    That means Fe people have strong jaws in your Socionics.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, @anndelise woudl be happy to join you in making a case for this! She is just recently onto this new idea.

But neither of us is anywhere near like J types. Our P approach to things drives J's crazy. And My F is Fi and he is no Fe fan.

But I see what you mean. Other SLIs I know - my brother, Dad and my friend (female) - and two guys I dated back in college (that I did not know know enough to take care to hang onto) are like you as far as stuff. Not anal about tidiness, but like you - every thing has its place, and its a practical place, for a reason internally thought through for themselves. They don't need outsiders changing things.

This is how my SLI would be, but my SLI was not himself when I met him. We all have times when we aren't who we are. He was long weary and overwhelmed from too much bad stuff for too long and a recent crisis all of which he primarily blamed his SEE daughter for, and there was something to it, and she had reasons for her dysfunction (overcoming narc addiction was one). He was suffering from living with her co-dependently, serving her like she was a child, dioing all her shopping and laundry and cooking and cleaning for her and did all the work part of caring for her toddler - all of it. She is able-bodied and has a good mind. But she didn't need to do a thing! SLI did it all, and lived at everyone's beck and call. His nightmare vision, besides her with her hand out for his last coins, were her voice yelling "Dad!" (She can't do that when I'm there. I butt in with "What! He's busy! You come to him!")

But is what not just her dysfunction and his dysfunctional codependent support and cooperation. As Illusionary relations they truly had relations of growing laziness and de-activation. They were their least-productive selves at home together, and it showed.

Anyway I knew him from our years of writing as friends, and I knew: "This is not who he is."

I did not jump in to fix it all at once, that was not my aim. I was just there several days and wanted to cook (and my SLI really wanted to be cooked for) and I just could not work in that kitchen in that shape. So I started cleaning, countertops, sink cleared and cleaned, then everything, creating order, scrubbing cabinets and stove etc. I could see it made SLI happy. No one had ever cleaned for him before. In fact I remembered when he wrote once year ago that he wanted to get a housekeeper someday.

Then when I made nice meals I wanted to us to sit at table - but it was heaped with stuff, everything, including piles of mail in no order. Kitchen, and computer desk had more mail piles. So I organized the mail, first dividing it into his daughter's and his, and throwing out heaps upon heaps of junk mail for both, after learning by inquiring what they considered junk. I asked his daughter before I touched anything of hers and did not volunteer to open it for her, just put it in neat rubber-banded piles in order by date by who it came from. She was glad to have someone working for her. I also asked SLI if he wanted me to open his mail before I put in order by group and date, and I would not have opened it if he even hesitated but he wanted me to. Now I have baskets for organizing simply, and they do pretty good with it.

It was rewarding to work together scrubbing then painting walls and it was healing for him to live more sanely. We really kicked into gear when we decided to sell (he strongly feels moving here with me is the best option), and to get it in perfect shape before that, for top dollar. He built a new beautiful room from a falling down open porch, all the excellent work all himelf, with built-ins and a nice closet and a powder room with pocket door - and its perfect because he plans use of space perfectly.

So prepping for sale is why every single thing is painted beautifully and all the clutter is gone; we have a deadline. Its been both of us working as hard as possible. He likes it, it helps him feel more sane. They are both happier living in order and everything looking pleasing in every direction.

In the beginning I used to open some frightening drawers and cabinets and say, "This one's next! Next time I come, we'll start here!" He always says, "Oh, no! No one goes in my drawers!" And I say, "How come I don't believe you..."

I really felt motivated and still do to be a supportive help, to help him become who he is. I want to de-stress his life so he can remember what that is, who is the highest and best self he wants to be, and want to do it. He really is getting there and working on building on his house more is what he always most wanted to do anyway. He is happy using his mind and skills and hands to accomplish impressive things on the house. He had already done impressive things on it, too - and with our work now, his great work showcases well!

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    That means Fe people have strong jaws in your Socionics.
    I don't recall anything by Jung correlating functions to jaw strength.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't recall anything by Jung correlating functions to jaw strength.
    Jung maintained that his metaphysical notions are scientifically grounded, yet they are not empirically testable in any meaningful way, so I'll take your word for it. LUL. Besides, I don't recall Jung doing quadras as well...

Oh the mystery...
    Last edited by Absurd; 10-23-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have basically no internal navigation system/map - can anyone relate to that.
    I know that @Simon Ssmall wrote about it once in a thread really well.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, @anndelise woudl be happy to join you in making a case for this! She is just recently onto this new idea.

But neither of us is anywhere near like J types. Our P approach to things drives J's crazy. And My F is Fi and he is no Fe fan.

But I see what you mean. Other SLIs I know - my brother, Dad and my friend (female) - and two guys I dated back in college (that I did not know know enough to take care to hang onto) are like you as far as stuff. Not anal about tidiness, but like you - every thing has its place, and its a practical place, for a reason internally thought through for themselves. They don't need outsiders changing things.

This is how my SLI would be, but my SLI was not himself when I met him. We all have times when we aren't who we are. He was long weary and overwhelmed from too much bad stuff for too long and a recent crisis all of which he primarily blamed his SEE daughter for, and there was something to it, and she had reasons for her dysfunction (overcoming narc addiction was one). He was suffering from living with her co-dependently, serving her like she was a child, dioing all her shopping and laundry and cooking and cleaning for her and did all the work part of caring for her toddler - all of it. She is able-bodied and has a good mind. But she didn't need to do a thing! SLI did it all, and lived at everyone's beck and call. His nightmare vision, besides her with her hand out for his last coins, were her voice yelling "Dad!" (She can't do that when I'm there. I butt in with "What! He's busy! You come to him!")

But is what not just her dysfunction and his dysfunctional codependent support and cooperation. As Illusionary relations they truly had relations of growing laziness and de-activation. They were their least-productive selves at home together, and it showed.

Anyway I knew him from our years of writing as friends, and I knew: "This is not who he is."

I did not jump in to fix it all at once, that was not my aim. I was just there several days and wanted to cook (and my SLI really wanted to be cooked for) and I just could not work in that kitchen in that shape. So I started cleaning, countertops, sink cleared and cleaned, then everything, creating order, scrubbing cabinets and stove etc. I could see it made SLI happy. No one had ever cleaned for him before. In fact I remembered when he wrote once year ago that he wanted to get a housekeeper someday.

Then when I made nice meals I wanted to us to sit at table - but it was heaped with stuff, everything, including piles of mail in no order. Kitchen, and computer desk had more mail piles. So I organized the mail, first dividing it into his daughter's and his, and throwing out heaps upon heaps of junk mail for both, after learning by inquiring what they considered junk. I asked his daughter before I touched anything of hers and did not volunteer to open it for her, just put it in neat rubber-banded piles in order by date by who it came from. She was glad to have someone working for her. I also asked SLI if he wanted me to open his mail before I put in order by group and date, and I would not have opened it if he even hesitated but he wanted me to. Now I have baskets for organizing simply, and they do pretty good with it.

It was rewarding to work together scrubbing then painting walls and it was healing for him to live more sanely. We really kicked into gear when we decided to sell (he strongly feels moving here with me is the best option), and to get it in perfect shape before that, for top dollar. He built a new beautiful room from a falling down open porch, all the excellent work all himelf, with built-ins and a nice closet and a powder room with pocket door - and its perfect because he plans use of space perfectly.

So prepping for sale is why every single thing is painted beautifully and all the clutter is gone; we have a deadline. Its been both of us working as hard as possible. He likes it, it helps him feel more sane. They are both happier living in order and everything looking pleasing in every direction.

In the beginning I used to open some frightening drawers and cabinets and say, "This one's next! Next time I come, we'll start here!" He always says, "Oh, no! No one goes in my drawers!" And I say, "How come I don't believe you..."

I really felt motivated and still do to be a supportive help, to help him become who he is. I want to de-stress his life so he can remember what that is, who is the highest and best self he wants to be, and want to do it. He really is getting there and working on building on his house more is what he always most wanted to do anyway. He is happy using his mind and skills and hands to accomplish impressive things on the house. He had already done impressive things on it, too - and with our work now, his great work showcases well!
    Yes you're right everyone could get in such a slump. You just helped him, well done

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Wow, if this is Se then I am very good at this kind of Se. I have an excellent color memory even for subtle shades.

In college a painting prof criticized me when he gave a color chart assignment, a grid of squares to paint in oil in analogous and other combinations and I spent intense weeks on an embellished series of these, some with just subtle variations of previous ones, he thought it was a waste of time and even devalued my class grade some points, yet, to me it was worth it; I got so much out of that exercise and still have those charts and those color combinations are imprinted in my memory and when I see things related to those color groupings I remember and make the connections...and would like to go back and spend more time on new subtle variations...

Oil paints are so messy though, a major operation to have them out.

So this and my love of arranging things, like things in a room to be aesthetically pleasing, I thought this was a type of Si maybe. I can actually feel uncomfortable in a work or home* environment that is aesthetically displeasing. If I am going to spend productive time there I need to correct it.

*(however my home or areas of it can get quite messy at times! particularly when distracted or because I am overwhelmed)

When I was in grad school it was an intense time because I was teaching 500 kids a week, then evenings driving across town to college at night, only scraps of time available to study, and my bad marraige that I was in denial about didn't help any. So a super-sensitivity about aesthetics was probably heightened because of great pressure I was under all the time..

Well one of my classes (in this otherwise gorgeous college that was always peace-giving to drive into and to walk across campus and into the beautiful buildings) was in this brightly florescent-lit room with garish rust-orange carpet. They had those small arm-rest chairs so when I took notes all class this ugly carpet sort of enveloped my field of vision, and I was annoyed. I needed calm to concentrate and I needed to do well because I SURE did not want to take the class over.

So I went to the fabric store and found a fabric of pleasing pattern of various blues with the tiniest traces of the orange of the floor in it (to coordinate) while being as a whole the very opposite color of the orange floor. I got out my Elmers and scissors and completely covered my notebook in it, inside and out, so that now its color surrounded my paper when I wrote notes - oh, and I switched to pale blue matte stationary for note-taking, as the white paper had glared in the bright room - and tese two things being of opposite color, "canceled out" the orange - and the annoyance. It did bring me peace and it was a perfect solution for me (which I never told anyone, thinking no one could ever relate to it.)

But other people's messy houses I can take. I see the person, the comfort of the interaction is what matters to me. Someone might start apologizing about the mess if that is their situation but I always say, "But I can't see it. I block it out".

However if I am going to spend a few days as a guest I have to hollow out a little section of order, usually that's just my own guest room. Or if we are home and not out-and-about all the time I will get started straightening the living room or cleaning the kitchen.. I did that with my SLI, at first relaxing and talking amidst the chaos and eating meals balanced on laps since the table was piled high with junk and mess, just enjoying his company. But then after some time I had to make headway, and started with the kitchen, and then I (we) never stopped - now coming up on two years since that first visit, its perfect: all organized, everything in its designated place, no junk, extremely pleasing colors and shining surfaces.. It took some time!
    Yeah, IEE are amazing at that stuff.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes you're right everyone could get in such a slump. You just helped him, well done
    Give me the gist of what she said. I can't be bothered to read her posts. She's like maritsa. Their main objective is to imprint their life stories into the readers' memory.

The actual point is secondary. Eliza will type somebody an ENFp just so she has a reason to talk about herself for ten paragraphs lmao
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 10-24-2013 at 03:46 AM.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give me the gist of what she said. I can't be bothered to read her posts. She's like maritsa. Their main objective is to imprint their life stories into the readers' memory.

The actual point is secondary. Eliza will type somebody an ENFp just so she has a reason to talk about herself for ten paragraphs lmao
    Her SLI was in a slump and she helped him out.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's even worse with Fe. I am So incapable of reading emotions that I never knew when it's enough to annoye people. I often got beaten up because of that. True Story: There was this Hells Angels guy I told him about 10 mins how ridicoulous his outfit looks and that his bike with the long curved bar looks like a three wheel bike for children. My Si saw his facial expressions changing But i was unable to Interpret it. All the time i was thinking we have a nice fashion/bike conversation. Anyway the next thing I remember was waking up in the Hospital.
    Without a beloved IEE Dual who could explain me with Fi creative and Fe demonstrative why what happened I'd still be in the dark.

Others with said Super-Ego stories?
    OMG that's HILARIOUS. Sorry that happened to you though...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Her SLI was in a slump and she helped him out.
    thanks for helping beta understand us.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    thanks for helping beta understand us.
    I just tried to write down the facts quick I'd never claim that I understand you two though

TIM
    ILI 5w6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sings* "My name is Marista and I like to stare at COLORSsss, but then I can't remember what I saw, remember what I saw! MY ... name is Marista, and I like to stare at colorrrrrss...."
    ILI 5w6

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I intensely smell my tea every morning. I'm VERY good at it.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so good at Se. Today I didn't punch anyone.

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you know some people are born with an extra set of cones in their eyes, mostly women, giving them the ability to see about 1 million more colors than the rest of us!
    http://discovermagazine.com/2012/jul...n#.UmmuglNqrFw

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macysmama View Post
    Did you know some people are born with an extra set of cones in their eyes, mostly women, giving them the ability to see about 1 million more colors than the rest of us!
    http://discovermagazine.com/2012/jul...n#.UmmuglNqrFw
    "De Vries never wrote about four-coned women again."

wow, that's the saddest thing I've heard all day.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't know which colors match, why care? It will look like it matches in your eyes, that's what matters
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all the colorblinds out there:

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    When I look at any one shade and stare at it for hours on end and I close my eyes and walk away, I will not have remembered any of the shade, the color, the static perception does not take hold, in my mind the color changes fast very fast and I can't grasp it's quality no matter how hard I try.
    I'm so sorry for you Maritsa. If ever you come to Amsterdam, just let me know. We'll meet up and I will give you a big soothing hug and make you feel better about yourself.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's wrong with that? Reading about others' life stories is interesting, especially if they're well written. Hers was and there was a point to it. (Dunno about Maritsa, though... )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12