Page 46 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,840 of 3147

Thread: Socionics Beta types Examples

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I think gender is far and large a social construct but I also think a point needs to be made for gendered expressions being sexually attractive as they emphasize polarity between sexes.
    Physically I'm a kibbe dramatic type, and in contrast to the myth of women having more bodyfat always being more attractive and men having more always being unattractive, I actually though attracted to men of ~15-30% bodyfats..I noticed I felt physically more comfortable with a guy who had quite some cushion to him. We never got busy. We just slept next to each other a few nights, would wake up and kiss, cuddled, etc. Cuddling is more enjoyable for me, being as long and blunt boned as I am with someone who isn't as bony, and I think that's a polarity thing. *ANYONE with ANY BODY is desirable, imo and experience* The bodyfat polarity was just one thing I noticed.

Every once in a while I think about him and wish it had worked out. He said he felt so comfortable...it just felt like we could spend the rest of our lives together, and I agreed.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    Lmao.

He did. Anyone who knows what it looks like knows what I'm talking about. I give you the benefit of the doubt and chalk up your naivete to you being a young intuitive sociotype. The boy is juiced through the roof in that photo.

1950s and 1960s steroids were booming.
    These bodies don't register to my mind as human.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI drill instructor and IEI recruit.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    These bodies don't register to my mind as human.
    What's wrong with you? Those are pretty much peak healthy masculinity. I would've understood that comment about today's insane pro BB mass monsters.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Are you implying Reg was on anabolics?

Reg Park didn't use anabolics in the 1940s 50s, nobody did. They couldn't have, as Metandienone (marketed as Dianabol), was simply not known as an anabolic until the 1960s. Today there are other anabolics but back then none were known until it was discovered Dianabol worked as such. It is possible Reg Park used anabolics later on in his career.

Here he is posing with Arnold. Arnold is a bit bigger in terms of muscle mass but it is about the same.

I'm not going debate who is and isn't on steroids. But they weren't known until the 1960s, hence Mr. Olympia. So bodybuilders like John Mcwilliams who achieved 20 inch arms did so without roids, believe it or not.

Here is McWilliams from a 1950 article about his arm size:

1950. Steroids weren't known!

I have to wonder why it is that you scream steroids for Reg Park, Timber, when our knowledge of anabolic steroids precludes the possibility of 1950s bodybuilders using them.

Guys like Reg Park were exceptionally gifted genetically, plus applied training principles that work for natural bodybuilders. Many bodybuilding routines are designed for guys with steroids.

Besides, Mr. Olympia comptetitors have never denied using steroids. Arnold admitted he used them his whole life, and none of the other enhanced lifters who are serious do either to my knowledge. It just wouldn't be credible to deny it, given that most of the others do. The only ones that do are Youtube fitness channel clowns that talk about "one year natural transformations". Not all youtube channels on lifting are jokes either - there are good ones too.

Maybe you should do some more research on bodybuilding before saying these kinds of things, as they reflect that you are misinformed, if that is what you are saying.

If you are not correlating Reg with steroid use, then I agree with what you are saying about the fake natties.
    "Was Reg Park a Natural Bodybuilder?
    32 comments
    | by Truth Seeker |

Reg Park was Arnold Schwarzenegger’s idol and mentor. Due to the fact that he was an old-school bodybuilder, many people use him as an example of what can be achieved naturally without the usage of anabolic steroids. We are here to tell you that those people are wrong and need to get their information in check.

Were steroids available during Reg Park’s era?
    Regardless of what your grandmother and the watered down articles say, anabolic steroids were first discovered in the early 30s and have been part of the human world ever since.

Back in 1935, Karoly Gyula David, E. Dingemanse, J. Freud and Ernst Laqueur presented a powerful hormone contained in the testes. The hormone was revealed in a paper entitled ‘‘On Crystalline Male Hormone from Testicles (Testosterone)” published in May 1935 .

The chemical synthesis of testosterone became a reality in August 1835, when Butenandt and G. Hanisch published a paper describing “A Method for Preparing Testosterone from Cholesterol.”

Clinical trials on humans, involving either oral doses or injections of testosterone propionate, began as early as 1937.

Testosterone propionate is mentioned in a letter to the editor of Strength and Health magazine in 1938. This is the earliest known reference to an anabolic steroid in a U.S. Weightlifting or bodybuilding magazine.

Reg Park’s first bodybuilding contest was Mr. Britain in 1949 which he won.

Conclusion: Steroids were available 10 years prior to Reg Park’s debut on a bodybuilding stage.

Reg Park Was As Big As Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Reg Park was as big, if not bigger on occasions, than Arnold Schwarzenegger who has admitted to steroid use in a video. In 1970, Arnold and Park competed together in NABBA Mr. Universe and took respectively first and second place.

Conclusion: Reg Park competed well against well-known steroid users in untested shows.

Reg Park Was The First Bodybuilder To Bench Press 500lbs
    In April 1954, Reg Park became the first bodybuilder to bench press 500lbs.

What was his secret…

The most legendary powerlifter of all time, Ed Coan, lifted 584lbs on the bench press weighing 220lbs. Ed Coan was also an enhanced lifter and suffered a lifetime ban in the IPF powerlifting federation.

What are the chances that a lean bodybuilder will be able to bench press 500lbs at about 235-250lbs of bodyweight naturally when a legendary powerlifter like Ed Coan did ‘only’ 84 lbs more after a lifetime dedication and drug use?

Conclusion: Reg Park had an insane strength that makes people question his natural status.

Reg Park Was 235- 250lbs at 6’1”
    The muscular development of Reg Park would win many bodybuilding competitions even today. True natural bodybuilders don’t weigh over 200lbs @ 6’1 when they are in a contest condition.

Conclusion: Reg Park was crazy big and strong, but there is a lot of information suggesting that he wasn’t a lifetime natural bodybuilder.

References:
    David K, Dingemanse E, Freud J, Laqueur L (1935). “Uber krystallinisches mannliches Hormon aus Hoden (Testosteron) wirksamer als aus harn oder aus Cholesterin bereitetes Androsteron”. Hoppe Seylers Z Physiol Chem 233 (5–6): 281.doi:10.1515/bchm2.1935.233.5-6.281.
    Hoberman JM, Yesalis CE (1995). “The history of synthetic testosterone”.Scientific American 272 (2): 76–81. doi:10.1038/scientificamerican0295-76.PMID 7817189.
    Beyond Strong: Rip Reg Park”. Beyondstrong.typepad.com. 2007-11-23. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
    “A tribute by Arnold Schwarzenegger“. Regpark.net. Retrieved 2012-09-19."
    https://nattyornot.com/reg-park-natural-bodybuilder/

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    What's wrong with you? Those are pretty much peak healthy masculinity. I would've understood that comment about today's insane pro BB mass monsters.
    Oh, I'm good. See my other post with the woman faces on this thread. That might explain a bit.

And that those photos of the guys are peak healthy is actuallly quite doubtful (synthetics): https://nattyornot.com/reg-park-natural-bodybuilder/

And humans have many body types which are each developable in distinct ways, so peak health looks a little different for many types. Your pole vaulter types, like my aunt and uncle are going to be at their athletic peaks in different ways than your heavyweight wrestlers or your tennis players. Even your cyclists need to develop differently for hills than for flat track races

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I'm good. See my other post with the woman faces on this thread. That might explain a bit.

And that those photos of the guys are peak healthy is actuallly quite doubtful (synthetics): https://nattyornot.com/reg-park-natural-bodybuilder/

And humans have many body types which are each developable in distinct ways, so peak health looks a little different for many types. Your pole vaulter types, like my aunt and uncle are going to be at their athletic peaks in different ways than your heavyweight wrestlers or your tennis players. Even your cyclists need to develop differently for hills than for flat track races
    Yeah he obviously did roids but he and Arnold didn't overdo it in unhealthy ways, as evidenced by Arnold's current condition. How many 73 year olds are as healthy and fit as he is? Stallone is another good example. Most rich celeb men use steroids intelligently, it's patently stupid not to do it once you hit a certain age and your own production tanks. It keeps you healthy, strong and youthful. Who wants to grow old and decrepit?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah he obviously did roids but he and Arnold didn't overdo it in unhealthy ways, as evidenced by Arnold's current condition. How many 73 year olds are as healthy and fit as he is? Stallone is another good example. Most rich celeb men use steroids intelligently, it's patently stupid not to do it once you hit a certain age and your own production tanks. It keeps you healthy, strong and youthful. Who wants to grow old and decrepit?
    then, it wasnt natural. i dont see roid use as part of peak male health. When I started dipping into my essential fat as an athlete, I decided not to model for photographs because I figured it would be popularizing ripped but too thin bodies. I went to the doc and got my health sorted. Had to lay off the biking for a while. Just was working out too much. Same concept. you can go beyond healthy. I had the same thing happen with eating too many veggies, too, and once possibly not enough cholesterol (that's a rare thing for some genetic unicorn ppl, but apparently a thing).

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arnold DID overdo it--to the point he almost died. Advances in medicine saved him. He damaged his heart. It was in the news. There are many options for aging in a healthy way. Anabolic steroid abuse is so common and dangerous that anyone getting into it should probably only be dosed by a competent doctor, I imagine. easy to go all Valley of the Dolls on that shit

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@nanashi

I had thought the product used as the first anabolic steroid was first synthesized in the 1930s but mostly used as a medication, and not discovered as a steroid until the 1960s.

The information I was basing myself on was not entirely correct, as it seems.

So I looked it up in more detail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabolic_steroid#History

The development of muscle-building properties of testosterone was pursued in the 1940s, in the Soviet Union and in Eastern Bloc countries such as East Germany, where steroid programs were used to enhance the performance of Olympic and other amateur weight lifters.
    In response to the success of Russian weightlifters, the U.S. Olympic Team physician John Ziegler worked with synthetic chemists to develop an AAS with reduced androgenic effects.[192] Ziegler's work resulted in the production of methandrostenolone, which Ciba Pharmaceuticals marketed as Dianabol. The new steroid was approved for use in the U.S. by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1958. It was most commonly administered to burn victims and the elderly. The drug's off-label users were mostly bodybuilders and weight lifters.
    Testosterone propionate was discovered as a steroid in the 1930s, as the article you quoted says. However, it seems that it had mainly been used by the Soviet Union and East Bloc countries. The West had another steroid, which was described in 1955, patented in 1957, and marketed in 1958 (see the wikipedia article about Methandrostenolone - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metandienone#History)

However, this article says Testosterone Propionate was first used in 1938 and approved of by the FDA in 1939.

Testosterone was in use in 1938 and approved by the FDA in 1939.
    https://www.empowerpharmacy.com/drug...nate-injection

I was thinking of Dianabol (Methandrostenolone) as having been synthesized in the 1930s and not discovered as an anabolic until the 1960s. I had Dianabol mixed up with Testosterone Propionate, which was the compound synthesized in the 1930s.

I agree that benching 500lbs is hard to imagine for a natural lifter. Most enhanced lifters don't bench that. I have to wonder, in Reg's case, less about steroid use and more about inflated stats. Which isn't to say he didn't use steroids, since they were available. But nonetheless the use of steroids in Arnold and Reg isn't comparable to that of pro bodybuilders today. It isn't objective to compare them to the Rich Pianas out there (not that that is what you were doing, just pointing that out nonetheless).

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'roid rangers are a big yikes from me

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oath of solitude View Post
    'roid rangers are a big yikes from me
    WTF am I watching...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    LSI drill instructor and IEI recruit.
    IEI would talked lesser and just shyly smiled it's extraverted

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Susan Rice - ESTP Zhukov

Last edited by khcs; 08-20-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rachel Maddow - ISTJ Gorky

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack Dorsey - INFP Yesenin

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ibram X. Kendi - ENFJ Hamlet

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Rachel Maddow - ISTJ Gorky

I think she's ILE.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    I think she's ILE.
    No.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

Nope.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rachel Maddow - ISTJ Gorky - She has got balls

Last edited by khcs; 08-21-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rachel Maddow - ISTJ Gorky - She has got balls

this is the main, major problem with current news reporting in todays age. its no longer the news, its curated opinion about the news. because the news is not the news, its different perspectives of the events, and people now want to be handled through the info wars.

Spend maybe 4-10 months away from the news networks, then turn them back on. After the hiakus its super easy to see how they are subtle - not so subtle propaganda.

Is Rachel Maddow a lesbian? Lesbians often have balls. Seriously it would not shock me if Maddow was a ENFp -ESFj hybrid.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackie Brown - INFP Yesenin

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFP Yesenin

Last edited by khcs; 08-23-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Gary Jubelin - SLE 9w1

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not ESTP Zhukov

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

probably Ti-subtype

SLE-Ti

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Not an IEI. She's EJ temp.

Si-creative?

Jackie Brown - INFP Yesenin

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Not an IEI. She's EJ temp. Si-creative?

This example is brought here to illustrate the actor who plays Jackie Brown is the same type as the vice president nominee of the Democratic Party.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This example is brought here to illustrate the actor who plays Jackie Brown is the same type as the vice president nominee of the Democratic Party.
    ... who is likely LSE and unrelated to Yesenins ...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    ... who is likely LSE and unrelated to Yesenins ...

Yet again being lectured by a female ENFP Socionics expert. Thank You.

Last edited by khcs; 08-24-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack Dorsey - INFP Yesenin

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet again being lectured by a female ENFP Socionics expert. Thank You.

Why would you bring her race or sex into this? We'll wait.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you bring her race or sex into this? We'll wait.
    Has the photo of these two kittens triggered your emotions?

It illustrates, how gently would touch the face of my fellow forum member in response to her lack of knowledge in the subject.
    Last edited by khcs; 08-24-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Master Saburo Ivatate with 8 Dan - ISTJ Gorky

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE

LSI meets SLE kinda awkward..

Last edited by SGF; 08-29-2020 at 04:34 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    LSI

that room is sterile AF.. like a hospital, but she does not need to see the piss and blood on the walls, so WHYYYYYY