TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default How to recognize an EII/INFj on social media

@Sol

You can always tell an EII on Facebook because they find inspirational stories of human experience, lessons that they want to impart of how people should be treated, how one should look after nature, how relationships and love should be treated on Facebook. They want to, in some way, to make people better or inspire them to want to be better themselves, They will look at humanity through a world view; in this way they articulate their morals and world views regarding people and relationships.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    You can always tell an EII on Facebook because they find inspirational stories of human experience, lessons that they want to impart of how people should be treated, how one should look after nature, how relationships and love should be treated on Facebook.
    You simplify types to fit strictly to borders of average.
    Valued is not what people follow strictly in interests or talk much publicly. There is only a predisposition that something is expected as more often met or as more expressed.
    Also the lesser seriously people see their blogs - the more random stuff there will be.

The more variety among valued kinds of a function exists in strong regions. People of the same clubs may show rather similar bloggs contents. The least expected interests are in superego block - weak unvalued. But this happens also sometimes. Alike with my interests not only in Ne (psychology) but also in Ni (esoterics). If someone will develop in such region - he'll have more to tell about.

Sometimes I post examples of types in social networks or videobloggers which may to have text bloggs too. You may look what happens there really.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they will probably be into really obscure things, all kinds of posts filled with "endearing" awkwardness. Very relatable posts about mishaps that happen in everyday life. Or maybe posts with clever jokes.
    Probably have a haze in front of their eyes, and maybe some weird art or anime character as an avatar. For boys it might be some sweet but disgrunted anime boy or super angsty emo sword boy, and for girls it might be some overly cutsie and childlike anime girl with soft colors or some super emo vampire girl with hair over one eye. OR, both having characters that just look lost.

Also EII probably has a profile pic where part of their face is hidden due to camera shyness. If not probably an offset face shot, but def not a straight on face shot.

And their bio will either be "endearingly" awkward "Uh, I don't really know what to say about myself, I'm not that interesting but here it goes....",
    or filled with unusual adjectives for usual things " Traveler, Coffee drinker, Speed Harry Potter reader..."
    or trying to sound really unique but ultimately making no sense. "I live on the echoes of life..." or something.

LSE, straight on face shot with professional smile looking right into the camera .
    Bio, list of things they do and like..and family.

and tons of "Kids will never understand the days when we..." nostalgia posts.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 05-31-2019 at 04:26 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well in any case the four EII (number is increasing) that I now have friends all post similar concerns. Here are some examples of posts

1. "Don't forget to wash your recyclables -plastic"
    2. Happy people do these things.
    3. *Love* a post on "It's not a woman's behavior; it's not a man's; it is our behavior that causes violence against women."
    4. It is our duty to take care of the environment.
    5. *Yes* You don't have to love abortion, but you do have to respect human rights.
    Posts obsessing about the newest concerns for women; post after post reiterating their concerns for how wrong it is to ban abortion
    6. Every school should have a garden
    What schools, kids, people should do
    7. Rebuild nature!

and on and on....
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm not into Facebook or Starbucks, because they are too corporate, and certainly agree with @Lord Pixel about being camera shy and doing odd things in the middle of the night. It is far too showy and transient for me - I much prefer the stability of a forum such as this one.

I imagine that the sort of person who would post and re-post about community projects and human interest endlessly with little in-depth comment would tend to score highly on agreeableness and extroversion in terms of Big Five traits.

In my view, it is better to show than to tell: to be the person you want to be, rather than tell others what you are.

"A man should be upright, not kept upright."

How much time he gains who does not look to see what his neighbor says or does or thinks, but only at what he does himself, to make it just and holy.

Some people, when they do someone a favor, are always looking for a chance to call it in. And some aren't, but they're still aware of it--still regard it as a debt. But others don't even do that. They're like a vine that produces grapes without looking for anything in return

"To a rational being it is the same thing to act according to nature and according to reason."

"Retire into thyself. The rational principle which rules has this nature, that it is content with itself when it does what is just, and so secures tranquility."

"The happiness and unhappiness of the rational, social animal depends not on what he feels but on what he does; just as his virtue and vice consist not in feeling but in doing."

"Consider that everything is opinion, and opinion is in thy power." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when I did actively use facebook, which was a very long time ago, I mostly just posted photos here and there, say for Homecoming dance as a (college) Freshman. Sometimes I liked/replied to stuff, and I didn't necessarily deeply know everyone on my friends' list; several acquaintances. Then at some point I reduced the number of friends I think. As a teenager, I made dumb status updates usually related to my mood being influenced by something or other happening between me and a crush. Literal "" or something kinda innocent, open, but slightly "melodramatic" (or it looked as for those with no context) sad. I was really embarrassed of them at one point (years later when it was no longer relevant) and deleted them. What else...I have um, used it to stalk people either I am interested in or just curious about as a person. I loved writing those notes asking personal values/preferences questions (which is probably why I have gotten tired of things like "what is beauty" like from the questionnaire on here, to where I don't feel like going over them lol).
    Edit: I should have phrased this better. It was mostly writing/texting/scrolling through stuff or a profile once in a while, than it was anything else. I’ve always been drawn to self-expression so there was that. I did use it to contact people important to me but I don’t use fb seriously now
    Those are the highlights of what my facebook activity looked like.

So as for "inspirational stories" - I think it really depends on the EII, I could see some other types also doing this. Although again it depends on how you phrase it/talk about it/context that can give type-related clues.

I no longer keep a serious facebook account. For people important to me I just contact them as normal, text/video etc.
    Last edited by necrosebud; 05-24-2021 at 12:46 AM. Reason: so many typos