Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I eat an insane amount of fruit these days. Usually:
    Breakfast: banana, two handfuls berries
    Lunch: apple, pear, clementine, two handfuls grapes, handful cranberries
    Dessert: handful dried fruit

When I type it out, it doesn't seem like that much? It's a lot more than when I was counting everything.. even when I stopped using fucking measuring cups constantly, I still kept a rough outline in my head. Post injury, I felt like, "i deserve this goddamn cake." Now I'm trying to get back to normal. (I went from size 0-2 prior to size 8-10 now, and I stopped at emaciated on the way)

Anyway, to answer: 3 meals plus snacks
    During the week, my meals are usually normal sized (fruit lovers lunch with a microwavable meal, fruit with yogurt for breakfast) But weekends I order out a lot and stuff. I generally eat stuff of a relatively healthy nature, even if a lot (and maybe not on weekends...)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

not enough i may have an eating disorder
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post

Still got nothing to come with!
    But I guess you have a lot of time to waste since you're an unemployed scrub that spends 12 hours a day infront of a computer screen working out your jerk off muscles.
    Nice projection bruv

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am physically lazy as hell too. I find if I am physically active in an environment I like though, that I am less lazy and can actually be active. Such as hiking, bike riding, swimming (I hate running unless it’s a sprint). I like having a sense of exploration rather than just doing jumping jacks in a room or a gym or whatever. I like how you mentioned your RPG class btw lol. QUITTING SUGAR has always reduced my weight, not sure if you’ve tried that. By quitting I mean, something like no more than 5g per serving and the less the better. Sugar has nothing beneficial other than making you fat I just quit again after falling off the wagon myself. Have you tried having an “accountability buddy”.

Also, I’ve heard Weight Watchers is great from someone who has tried it all. Says they lost a lot of weight on a more realistic diet.
    Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    I used to eat a lot more but I stopped doing that and lost 50 pounds. Ideally I want to lose about 20-25 more. idk I just don't personally seem to do well with extra weight- I was too skinny and twink ish like 12 years ago but then went too far in the other direction. I also developed health problems like COPD/Gerd because of the extra weight and over eating so I am getting all that under control and improving my health. I only apply this to myself- there are people like 350-500 pounds that seem to get around just fine and are happy & vibrant but I know if that were me I would feel like I was in the morgue

I think this is because doing physical stuff already naturally drains me so fucking much because of my genes and perhaps socionic type/the fact my RPG class is a Wizard lol, so I think I feel it more than other ppl do if I am even a little out of shape. My dad was the same way- we both hate doing stuff but lately I have forced myself to move around even when I don't want to because I know it's good for you.

If I was more naturally happier and in a better mood and had less emo depressed IP energy my metabolism would probably be better and I could eat more without it having such a negative effect on me but I think for me, what works the best is eating less and counting Weight Watcher points. Which I mean to do again STARTING NOW I got lazy and slacked off with it. Yeah it is really annoying to count points every day lol but the results are worth it for me.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    not enough i may have an eating disorder
    same, I easily dissociate and 'forget' about eating for a long time until I can't take it anymore and just eat a shitload of food because I'm about to pass out

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually HATE eating. It upsets my stomach and wastes time. I would never eat if I could.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Bf eats kinda irregularly and will do the same thing where he's like "feel sick! Gotta eat quick!" Which I absolutely do not understand because even when I was dieting hardcore I never got to that point...
    I like watching his habit of grabbing a handful of spinach leaves, rinsing them in the sink in his hands, and gobbling them plain, as is. He does that like once a day. 2 points for vitamins

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I like watching his habit of grabbing a handful of spinach leaves, rinsing them in the sink in his hands, and gobbling them plain, as is. He does that like once a day. 2 points for vitamins
    hehe I do that too, gotta love spinach

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I do that too. Unless I'm cooking it in another dish.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Bf eats kinda irregularly and will do the same thing where he's like "feel sick! Gotta eat quick!" Which I absolutely do not understand because even when I was dieting hardcore I never got to that point...
    Eating well makes ur immune system stronger

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was told of a story of a man surfing still at 90. Was asked what his secret is, said he eats coconuts everyday

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually count my calories almost everyday because I body build and power lift.

When I cut which I currently am, I eat about 2600-2800 depending on how much energy I expanded that day..

When I bulk about 3800-4000.

Cheat meal every 10 days or so.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    I was told of a story of a man surfing still at 90. Was asked what his secret is, said he eats coconuts everyday
    It's kind of funny how people who live for a long time have their own supposed reason for living so long. Like my great grandmother who is 95. She says she's lived for so long since she never avoided high fat or meat products, also because she's always been active - not obsessively so though, more because she's restless and always likes getting things done. I'm pretty sure she's actually SLE. I think the main reason people live long is genetics though - almost everyone in my family have lived past 100. Wouldn't surprise me if I did too.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think I calculated recently that I had a calorie expenditure of 2200 kcal but that I was consuming about 100 kcal in excess of that on average.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My grandpa has drank 2 bourbon on the rocks drinks every night for years and years I've been told, and he's doing quite well in his 90's, still fairly active lol. Maybe that's his secret Yeah you're right, his mom lived to be over 100. Hard to say what will happen in my case because my mom's side seems to be a different story :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
    It's kind of funny how people who live for a long time have their own supposed reason for living so long. Like my great grandmother who is 95. She says she's lived for so long since she never avoided high fat or meat products, also because she's always been active - not obsessively so though, more because she's restless and always likes getting things done. I'm pretty sure she's actually SLE. I think the main reason people live long is genetics though - almost everyone in my family have lived past 100. Wouldn't surprise me if I did too.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Nice projection bruv
    We both know that's not true, don't we?

TIM
    all of them
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3350 kcals, fairly consistently, not a lot of ups and downs.
    forsitan mea potentia increvit nimis

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I survive by consuming energy from light, heat, and force like some sort of preternatural being.

By which I mean I get calories from food like everyone else.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I calculated and my BMR burns ~1400 calories. Plus daily activities burn ~1000. Today I ate ~2000 calories. I would say this is fairly typical. I do less on weekends which probably makes up for the deficit, although I’m not yet convinced that these kinds of calculations are that useful, since the body is not a calorimeter machine. Like the first layer of a broscience hell.

If you’re curious I had
    Morning: Black coffee
    Some green tea
    Lunch: Water
    Dinner: Fruit juice
    Carbonara pasta with some crumbs of bacon and broccoli, and 3 handfuls spinach
    Raw salmon filet with semi-cooked skin, 2 servings
    A few pieces of kimchi
    Apple
    Dried fish and almond slivers
    Green tea, some with lemon juice
    Coffee with almond milk
    Last edited by sbbds; 10-29-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on average probably around 2500 calories a day. some days more (no more than 3250 calories), some days less (no less than 1500 calories). really depends on my mood.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom has this amazing cake in the fridge I'm trying to avoid. Should have never tried it.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I calculated and my BMR burns ~1400 calories. Plus daily activities burn ~1000. Today I ate ~2000 calories. I would say this is fairly typical. I do less on weekends which probably makes up for the deficit, although I’m not yet convinced that these kinds of calculations are that useful, since the body is not a calorimeter machine. Like the first layer of a broscience hell.
    That's actually the third layer of broscience hell. The first is full of people who don't even lift.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

irlol

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more active I am, the less I think about food. I ate bad for a while until I taught myself how to diet from reading about it online and downloading myfitnesspal to get an actual idea of what I’m consuming. It was definitely enlightening. I try to eat mostly paleo but I have a huge weakness for pizza and cookies and shit lol. So I can’t dedicate myself fully to something like that. I’m 5’3” and 104lbs, but lately I’ve been eating terrible and I’ve been loosing more weight, even dipping below that.. Eating prob over 2,000.. It kind of worries me. I usually weigh around 107-112lbs eating around 1400 calories. But I’m exclusively breastfeeding and hardly ever get the chance to sit down. so maybe that has something to do with it. Of course I googled it and it said CANCER lol
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol doesn't it always @ cancer. i could live off paleo too, though i live in a vegetarian/vegan household currently and they don't like the pans tainted... also i have my own ethical issues with it, but, i agree meat and veggies mmmm and potatoes, soups etc. mmmm i could live off just all that. i live with a fucking sugar addict though :/ i notice when i quit eating sugar or greatly reduce it from my diet rather, i start to lose a taste for it, honestly it's usually not that great and it's like "what the fuck did just do", not worth it

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    irlol
    While I'm sure you got it, I'm just going by Dante's description. 1st level = bros who don't even lift, 2nd level = pickup artists, and the 3rd level = thinking of the body as a calorimeter machine.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pay attention to the daily dozen, don't count my calories though. I would say I consume around 2800-3000 calories a day and I have never weighed more than 158 lbs @ 5'10, was extremly skinny during childhood. forgetting meals is very easy for me.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably around 2,000 calories a day.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

my meals consist of a bag of chips and salsa and an avocado
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't count calories, but I've had the bad habit of eating 1000 calories only from chocolate daily. And the rest of my calories I get from real food. I keep an eye on the fat on my belly. If too much then I eat less. I am slim, BMI 22. I think I have fast metabolism, because my body produces heat easily and I can eat a lot without gaining much weight.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I probably get between 1000 and 1600 calories a day now. I intermittent fast by only eating once a day and that is all I really want. I rarely think about food until my blood sugar drops so low I snap at someone. My ex told me it was due to low blood sugar when I got bitchy. :/ Up to half of my my daily calories are from liquids, depending on the day. BMI calculators are not that accurate but mine says it is 20 right now.

For my height and weight no more than 1600 is probably the best for me to maintain my weight unless I want to workout out 2 hours a day which I don't.

I never wake up hungry. I eat between 5-7 pm.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    my meals consist of a bag of chips and salsa and an avocado
    Bag of chips cmon boomer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12