Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gratuitous type me thread

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    But then there's the ones who will not assume you need or want their help if you haven't indicated so, or if they do, they'll still express this through questions and suggestions ("I could pop by the pharmacy on my way home if you want something from there?") instead of orders and statements ("Stay under the blanket, I will go to the pharmacy to buy you X Y and Z").
    yea see an argument for me being Ne is that this seems obvious to me. if my friend has been low on cash lately, i offer to pay for dinner. if the guy i'm dating complains about a sore back, i offer to rub it. if somebody close to me is moving or needs a catsitter, i say i can help. this is basic, and if somebody else completely neglects this sort of stuff, i assume they must not care much. is this NOT basic to Ni/Se valuers?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

^^ thinking of it, i do think its basic to almost everyone but maybe different emphases or how to differentiate it socionically i guess?

also im curious to hear any arguments in favor of 6w7 > 6w5

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by senza View Post
    I was gonna vote for Fi-ESI but then I read the whole thread and now I don't know what I think anymore.
    anything in particular you're confused about?

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    anything in particular you're confused about?
    Well, after reading the stuff you posted in here, I'm trying to consider EII for you after all. Because I don't want to choose something just because it's always been said in the past (which is a common if kinda bad tendency of mine) ... and I also get what it's like to be stuck between these two types in particular.

What silke said about EII idealism stood out to me. I wouldn't have described your brand of ideals (what I see of them) as EII-ish but I guess you do kinda hold out for (your kind of) perfection very staunchly. I don't know if that's idealism but perhaps it is.

That said, it's difficult for me to see you as not ESI. Even if you weren't my ESI poster child ... idk, I always saw you as an FiNi variant or something, I guess.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So what was it, you're idealistic/Ne-valuing because you said you don't like the idea of people playing you or using you for leverage or whatever it was?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    So what was it, you're idealistic/Ne-valuing because you said you don't like the idea of people playing you or using you for leverage or whatever it was?
    Lol. Because I said I was better than that, because that means I don't accept it as a fact of life or something?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lol. Because I said I was better than that, because that means I don't accept it as a fact of life or something?
    Lol, I mean why can't that just be Fi. It didn't even seem that impractical.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

thank you.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

^^ thinking of it, i do think its basic to almost everyone but maybe different emphases or how to differentiate it socionically i guess?

also im curious to hear any arguments in favor of 6w7 > 6w5
    My impression of you is definitely in favor of 6w7 (I know you wanted reasons- sorry, too lazy atm ; )). But that also correlates much better with EP temperament.I know I'm messing with your typing process again, but what rules out IEE-Fi or SEE-Fi? How sure are you about your IJ temperament?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    My impression of you is definitely in favor of 6w7 (I know you wanted reasons- sorry, too lazy atm ; )). But that also correlates much better with EP temperament.I know I'm messing with your typing process again, but what rules out IEE-Fi or SEE-Fi? How sure are you about your IJ temperament?
    inwardly, i can see Ep-ness in myself but i think thats just bcuz Pe is conscious. outwardly & behaviorally, Ep doesn't really make sense.

i used to think i was 6w5 for sure, but lately im noticing more and more 7 traits. everybody has some of both wings, right? maybe its not worth nitpicking.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that's not even Fi, that's a simple instinctive human need to be found in everyone. Authentic Fi would mean a coherent value you hold up which I have a hard time seeing in this particular issue, let alone any tinge of idealism.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

inwardly, i can see Ep-ness in myself but i think thats just bcuz Pe is conscious. outwardly & behaviorally, Ep doesn't really make sense.

i used to think i was 6w5 for sure, but lately im noticing more and more 7 traits. everybody has some of both wings, right? maybe its not worth nitpicking.
    Ok, get it . About the wings, I agree, it's not worth nitpicking, you can be balanced on the wings or they can be shifting.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sev View Post
    i don't see Se in those pictures either. Sometimes I get the impression that people seem oblivious to the fact that they can come up with anything to strengthen an already existing perception. It would be cool to just play along with someone's will to do things a bit differently and see how that might turn out. Lungs be INTp till u fall HARD for a te-entj dude
    Yeah (not that I don't do this). Also, when so many see something, sometimes people seem more open to seeing it themselves or feel as if they can see it too. ESI x100? "Oh yeah? I can totally see ESI. You're so... uh, yeah I could totally see ESI."

@Lungs, TBH, I'm probably bit skeptical with ego typings on here. That isn't to say I don't think there are any or that they can't be attracted to this theory; the skepticism comes mostly from others typing peeps as egos. I sometimes wonder if that's based more so on coming off as aggressive, reactive or not being push overs in some way which any type can be like especially contra-flow types. And maybe ' vulnerable' is easier for people to think they see since you are apparently E6 and some here connect that to worrying, doubt or whatever.

is often associated with aggression in Socionics by peeps and, while I can connect it to aggression in some ways, I more so associate it with being grounded(?) in tangible reality, fully aware of what's going on around you and being motivated by it thus often giving confidence and a tendency to act in the now to get results or experience sensations and knowing what's at your disposal; being very in tune to information pertaining the senses such as form, details, appearance, etc; often a materialistic tendency as well in that many of the things they are going for has to do with attaining more money, possessions or new sensations, expansion in a way and they are often achievers/doers. The ultimate realists, going for what they can see, touch, smell, etc. But the overall focus on here sometimes seems to be aggressiveness, more of a potential product of than . I don't particularly find you aggressive, just going more from how some may be perceiving you?

Of course that's mainly my impression of doms like my sister, it's a bit different with creatives but they seem a lot more rigid than you come off. I don't even know if you really vibe as an Ixxj, for that matter. I've only seen you a few times on cam in TC though but I also mean in forum behavior. My guess for you would be IEE like Kim and Gem. Maybe it's just me but can't people see some similarities among them? And maybe subtype. I wouldn't have guessed Ij- though or at least introversion isn't all that clearly expressed to me. I think Maritsa is a good example of how Ixxj- looks (hope she doesn't mind).
    If anything, I think is more of a role you may try to fill than an obvious ego strength (perhaps why others see it as being strong in you?) and even some of what you've said suggests isn't a strong suit for you but what do you think?

Regarding your pics, you don't look in any of them to me. Maybe the second, if I really had to choose. I don't really get that strong realist feel from you but I don't feel like I know you especially as much as everyone else here does.

I also don't get a Gamma vibe but when I look up Gamma stuff, for some reason, it seems 6ish such as the emphasis on loyalty in close bonds and skepticism (of people's potential to change- which could maybe also be a contra-flow influence?). I like quadra as a fun loose tool but not as into the usage of it, as I feel people type others as Beta for being edgy, Delta for being hippies, Gamma for being for business-minded and Alpha for being silly... which is silly. Some may use it with a core of the valued functions but, over all, it seems ridick at times. Either way, I would put you in Delta and would guess IEE-Fi, honestly.

I wrote most of this before I deactivated to accomplish nothing by the way. Glad the thread wasn't closed. Second guessing makes me even more perplexed at ego for you. o.O

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i don't relate to the extreme confidence often attributed to aggressor types. i also don't relate to the reluctance to initiate often attributed to Se polr types - i feel much more comfortable being the one to initiate and generally having control over the process so i can be sure that its what i want and not something i'm being pulled along for. but i don't want somebody to be with me just bcuz i MADE them, lol. i do want somebody who is willing to help me with practical things, but not to come in and assume responsibility for it all. its more a matter of if they cared about me they would be willing to help, not that i NEED them to.
    By the way, preference to initiate contact is often associated with extrotimity or extroversion. Preferring to be the one to invite or start something rather than responding to someone's initiative.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

To miss ESI-Fi E6 sp/sx. Strangely enough you look way less hot and confident than me (could it be the stack that makes such a difference within a Sociotype...?), but I like how your hope and good wishes are able to smooth out your fears about your relationships. I think that's an admirable quality in itself.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    Yeah (not that I don't do this). Also, when so many see something, sometimes people seem more open to seeing it themselves or feel as if they can see it too. ESI x100? "Oh yeah? I can totally see ESI. You're so... uh, yeah I could totally see ESI."

@Lungs, TBH, I'm probably bit skeptical with ego typings on here. That isn't to say I don't think there are any or that they can't be attracted to this theory; the skepticism comes mostly from others typing peeps as egos. I sometimes wonder if that's based more so on coming off as aggressive, reactive or not being push overs in some way which any type can be like especially contra-flow types. And maybe ' vulnerable' is easier for people to think they see since you are apparently E6 and some here connect that to worrying, doubt or whatever.

is often associated with aggression in Socionics by peeps and, while I can connect it to aggression in some ways, I more so associate it with being grounded(?) in tangible reality, fully aware of what's going on around you and being motivated by it thus often giving confidence and a tendency to act in the now to get results or experience sensations and knowing what's at your disposal; being very in tune to information pertaining the senses such as form, details, appearance, etc; often a materialistic tendency as well in that many of the things they are going for has to do with attaining more money, possessions or new sensations, expansion in a way and they are often achievers/doers. The ultimate realists, going for what they can see, touch, smell, etc. But the overall focus on here sometimes seems to be aggressiveness, more of a potential product of than . I don't particularly find you aggressive, just going more from how some may be perceiving you?

Of course that's mainly my impression of doms like my sister, it's a bit different with creatives but they seem a lot more rigid than you come off. I don't even know if you really vibe as an Ixxj, for that matter. I've only seen you a few times on cam in TC though but I also mean in forum behavior. My guess for you would be IEE like Kim and Gem. Maybe it's just me but can't people see some similarities among them? And maybe subtype. I wouldn't have guessed Ij- though or at least introversion isn't all that clearly expressed to me. I think Maritsa is a good example of how Ixxj- looks (hope she doesn't mind).
    If anything, I think is more of a role you may try to fill than an obvious ego strength (perhaps why others see it as being strong in you?) and even some of what you've said suggests isn't a strong suit for you but what do you think?

Regarding your pics, you don't look in any of them to me. Maybe the second, if I really had to choose. I don't really get that strong realist feel from you but I don't feel like I know you especially as much as everyone else here does.

I also don't get a Gamma vibe but when I look up Gamma stuff, for some reason, it seems 6ish such as the emphasis on loyalty in close bonds and skepticism (of people's potential to change- which could maybe also be a contra-flow influence?). I like quadra as a fun loose tool but not as into the usage of it, as I feel people type others as Beta for being edgy, Delta for being hippies, Gamma for being for business-minded and Alpha for being silly... which is silly. Some may use it with a core of the valued functions but, over all, it seems ridick at times. Either way, I would put you in Delta and would guess IEE-Fi, honestly.

I wrote most of this before I deactivated to accomplish nothing by the way. Glad the thread wasn't closed. Second guessing makes me even more perplexed at ego for you. o.O

thank you! i make these threads secretly hoping for thorough and thoughtful posts that aren't obviously biased by personal sentiment and its exciting to actually get one. i really don't think i'm IEE though...i think IEE is a good compromise for people who think i'm too non-wimpy for EII but not thick headed enough to be ESI, lol. other than that, i have a hard time understanding it. i don't see myself as being similar to kim or gem. at all, really. i'm glad you addressed that question to others, cuz i'm curious if other people do see it.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    To miss ESI-Fi E6 sp/sx. Strangely enough you look way less hot and confident than me (could it be the stack that makes such a difference within a Sociotype...?), but I like how your hope and good wishes are able to smooth out your fears about your relationships. I think that's an admirable quality in itself.
    you're being kind of a cunt and i'm not sure what you're talking about. if you have a problem with me, could you spell it out more clearly, please? if you'd ever PMd me, you'd probably have a better idea about how i'm dealing with my relationships, but i hesitate to talk about it on here anymore because of silke jumping on the chance to say things like "ur ni base boyfriend doesnt really like you so you're eii." it hasnt been wise to hand people so much ammunition.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    By the way, preference to initiate contact is often associated with extrotimity or extroversion. Preferring to be the one to invite or start something rather than responding to someone's initiative.
    its kind of a contradiction in me. there are lots of people around me and i sort of ignore most of them, but my preference for being the one to choose which ones become closer and deeper is perhaps the one "extroverted" sort of thing about me.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you're being kind of a cunt and i'm not sure what you're talking about. if you have a problem with me, could you spell it out more clearly, please? if you'd ever PMd me, you'd probably have a better idea about how i'm dealing with my relationships, but i hesitate to talk about it on here anymore because of silke jumping on the chance to say things like "ur ni base boyfriend doesnt really like you so you're eii." it hasnt been wise to hand people so much ammunition.
    oh lol, I was just teasing you. I read about play-fighting and wanted to test it. Take it or leave it.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    oh lol, I was just teasing you. I read about play-fighting and wanted to test it. Take it or leave it.
    lol, did the test provide you with any useful information?

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aw

you look Se! and also warm/nice

you carry yourself in this way that's sensory but composed

and yeah everything you speak about feels like sf lens, i find i can relate. democratic. focusing on individuals and their psyches, not as confident w/ trends.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh, I may reply to your PM. I don't know why more and more people PM me nowadays to ask me on which terms they are with me. Complete enigma. To answer your Q: yes, I acquired useful info. You had a quasi-endearing defensive reaction which vaguely verged on aggression. It seems fair enough to be judged by one relationship ... why not after all. ESI should scare and dominate the shit out of IEI and love should be one-sided ...from the IEI to the ESI.
    Last edited by Amber; 11-14-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol @Mega. wildcard, i like it.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

oh, I didn't mean Mega ..he's history ...and he only wanted to know why I type him SEE>SLE, ftw.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i was referring to his vote. are you okay, @Agni?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol thought you were talking about Mega's PMs. never mind. Mega kinda plays the magician, rabbits outta his hat.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to bullshit the vote by placing a random one. Then I remembered you could see which person has applied which vote...
    @Agni, still waiting for your answer~~

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    I wanted to bullshit the vote by placing a random one. Then I remembered you could see which person has applied which vote...
    @Agni, still waiting for your answer~~
    irl_lol

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

please vote even if you dont want to write anything. i want to know what you think even if you're not at all sure or don't know how to articulate why. (actually i might prefer when people don't articulate why since they tend to get me wrong in the process, more often than not, lol, but don't let that stop you.)

making this because there are lots of new people and because i think the social dynamics of the forum and my involvement have changed quite a bit since the last time i made a thread like this. which makes me curious whether perceptions of my type have changed because of these factors. not because i'm waiting to be convinced of anything, though it might be entertaining if someone wants to try.
    I got into socionics more so now I have a better opinion on your type, also due to reading http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...nnaire-(lungs)

I see Ni HA a lot. And a few other things being Se>Ne. So, I voted for ESI-Fi.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

oh,well, thank you. my old threads make me so uncomfortable lol.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

oh,well, thank you. my old threads make me so uncomfortable lol.
    No problem

Do already decide on your type after 5 years of vacillating!

But seriously, what holds you back from picking an option? Curious.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've settled on ESI because I value Ni more than Si. My relationship to Ne/Se isn't incredibly clear to me and I could probably justify having either in my ego.

I'm influenced by the people in my life. When I first joined the forum and self typed EII, I was in a LTR with an SLI who liked to micro manage the administrative details of my life and always reminded me of how scattered I am. Now the adult I spend the most time with is my best friend since grade school (who I type IEE but she recently typed herself IEI) and she describes me as realistic, assertive, etc and admires my groundedness. Everybody sees their dual I guess...

I leave it open in my profile because 1-I'm sort of waiting for an "aha" moment where my use of Pe becomes abundantly obvious (this will probably never happen..) and 2- I identify more strongly with jungs Fi type than anything else and I see Fi alone as ultimately the most important descriptor of "who I am."

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i had forgotten about @xerx typing me ILI, which isn't at all without merit because if i chose any function to be my polr, it would probably be Fe, and ive thought a lot about the chance that i have base and HA switched around since i focus a ton on both of them...however, typing myself Te ego would require a radical shift in my self perception.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I've settled on ESI because I value Ni more than Si. My relationship to Ne/Se isn't incredibly clear to me and I could probably justify having either in my ego.
    How would you justify having Ne in ego?

i had forgotten about @xerx typing me ILI, which isn't at all without merit because if i chose any function to be my polr, it would probably be Fe, and ive thought a lot about the chance that i have base and HA switched around since i focus a ton on both of them...however, typing myself Te ego would require a radical shift in my self perception.
    Right, with Te being your suggestive, it would be hard for you to imagine it in ego I do see you as a Static type just fine anyway, nothing like the ILIs

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    How would you justify having Ne in ego?
    -i'm very intellectually curious and comfortable with abstract ideas and spend a good deal of my free time reading about them

-if i have a negative Fi reaction, my impulse is at least as much to try to understand as it is to shut it out- i also believe strongly that no beliefs or ideas should be blocked from view

-i think differing perspectives and where people are "coming from" is very relevant and i usually try to meet people at least halfway when i want to be persuasive

-i'm weird. i like weird things

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    I like you Lungs. You're real.
    Thank you you seem cool too.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

-i'm very intellectually curious and comfortable with abstract ideas and spend a good deal of my free time reading about them

-if i have a negative Fi reaction, my impulse is at least as much to try to understand as it is to shut it out- i also believe strongly that no beliefs or ideas should be blocked from view

-i think differing perspectives and where people are "coming from" is very relevant and i usually try to meet people at least halfway when i want to be persuasive

-i'm weird. i like weird things
    1) can be Ni seeking
    2) this just sounds Fi overall
    3) Fi + H-P possible
    4) whatever. not IE specific in the way you put it

What are your arguments for Se creative?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    1) can be Ni seeking
    2) this just sounds Fi overall
    3) Fi + H-P possible
    4) whatever. not IE specific in the way you put it

What are your arguments for Se creative?
    Ha. You could probably explain all those things five other ways too. Maybe the fact that this frustrates me to no end is an argument for Se.

-when I sink my teeth into something, especially a relationship, I find it extremely hard to let go and might run into the same wall a hundred times in the process

-I like things that shock and disrupt my senses like vivid or disturbing imagery, loud dissonant music. I'm too old for a lot of wild partying, but I still enjoy it when I have a chance

-I have no problem communicating my wants and needs. Sometimes I can abruptly tell people off or start conflict (but sometimes I can't)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This shit makes me nervous. I came back to the forum with the expectation that I would avoid drama bullshit but it's only a matter of time before somebody jumps in with some kind of "you're XXXx because you're ugly and your parents never loved you" thing

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The first and third pics look kind of Delta to me (or maybe a bit Gamma), but the second pic definitely looks ESI. Add them all together and you look like a woman whom I know who types as ESI-Fi.
    If I hadn't seen your pictures, but had gone strictly from your posts or your chats, I'd have said ESI-Se instead, mainly from the sheer amount of sexual references, but then I remembered a picture posted by the ESI-Fi on Instagram, where her pink bed coverlet was bunched up and resembled a vagina. So ESI-Fi do that, too. (I asked her if she knew why some of her posts got lots of likes, and some got none. She said No. I showed her posted picture to her and said What do you see here? She stared at it and then had to take a short walk around, then deleted the picture - so she agreed with my assessment. The subconscious is powerfully revealing. Personally, I got a kick out of it. It is like someone who says to me, I found your porn. Let's try some of that stuff )
    I say ESI because of your expressed preferences in how you handle advice or assistance. It's the complement of my 'I'm more than happy to help you if you need it (because it might be fun or interesting), but I'm pretty sure you can handle things on your own. But let me know." Also, because of the way you escalate when you feel your values have been challenged.* That seems to be pretty much ESI-Fi. I've seen it many times with this type, although not all ESI's seem to do that. ESI-Se's seem to take a different approach, but my sample size is small. My best friend from high school is ESI-Se, and when someone violated his ethics, he didn't say anything, but I could tell he was keeping score.

*This rapid escalation might be a behavior that is oriented toward your duals, who are confident in everything Te, but are not confident at all in Fi discussions, so we are not resistant to having our opinions revised in this area.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast