Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default SLE and LII relationship

The one with the long hair is SLE
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Syn1BpOD6wc&pp=sAQA
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Tim
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Are you sure he's not Ne PoLR?
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Are you sure he's not Ne PoLR?
    SLE to the core
    -

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE to the core
    I know quite a few SLEs, but if you say so.

SLEs do not attack me, they playfully try to outwit me. And they certainly don't threaten to beat me up.

-Krishna

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLEs do not attack me, they playfully try to outwit me. And they certainly don't threaten to beat me up.
    Forget online interactions. Just keep it polite since online is very emotionally shallow. Normally, people don’t react that way with others in real life because of how we gage emotions. Online allows people to pour out or misdirect emotions
    -

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget online interactions. Just keep it polite since online is very emotionally shallow. Normally, people don’t react that way with others in real life because of how we gage emotions. Online allows people to pour out or misdirect emotions
    Ah. I see what you're saying and you could be right. You see, I somehow pissed off my LSI brother in law and he threatened to beat me up. Hopefully he wasn't serious.. I hardly said anything.

But I see your point.

-Krishna

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that's not​ how to spot an SLE?

TIM
    SLE-C 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I write like an LSI but in voice and in person, I'm SLE. Everyone in Sedecology type me as an SLE because they hear me in Discord chat: yelling and laughing.

Sedecology.png

Sedecology 2.png

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    So that's not​ how to spot an SLE?
    No. SLE are Ti creative. not beat you up creative.

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I write like an LSI but in voice and in person, I'm SLE. Everyone in Sedecology type me as an SLE because they hear me in Discord chat: yelling and laughing.

Sedecology.png

Sedecology 2.png

Oh alright, I understand.

-Krishna

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. SLE are Ti creative. not beat you up creative.
    Well they are beat you up dominant.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Well they are beat you up dominant.
    In my experience they're really witty, but they can want to hit stuff that pisses them off. Seems they want to hit idiots though...I mean, they tried first.

-Krishna

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've known many SLE but one in particular stands out because I was his supervisor at work. He was quite bright although he barely scraped through engineering school; he could solve technical problems so very easily but producing a final report was near impossible for him. He was the ultimate deflector and excuse maker so I had my hands full as a supervisor but on a personal level, I liked him and we communicated well; I was never sure of his opinion of me. One comment that stood out, although not in his exact words, was that I should be able to tell people what they want to hear even though I couldn't deliver what they wanted. I thought that there lies my shortcoming as a manager in his eyes - and I was glad to be perceived as having such a shortcoming.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You guys have to consider people are more than type-they are also a product of so much including their society. Any way I live in LIBERAL Los Angeles and the SLE here have been chill
    -

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII's probably deflect too much directives (deeming many useless) which in turn creates some tension while the stack piles up.
    That's my estimation.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience they're really witty, but they can want to hit stuff that pisses them off. Seems they want to hit idiots though...I mean, they tried first.
    That has been my experience with SLEs too. They typically act funny/witty/charming when they’re around strangers. They’re always assertive and sometimes aggressive, although usually they’re not needlessly aggressive… unless they’re very immature or intoxicated

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one with the long hair is SLE
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Syn1BpOD6wc&pp=sAQA
    I'm not so sure. The blonde is definitely LII, but the long hair could be SEI. She doesn't say much and mostly just listens to LII talking. She react emotionally with her face. I watched some of their other videos also.

The LII is pretty boring to be honest. Normalizing. She is smart of course.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I'm not so sure. The blonde is definitely LII, but the long hair could be SEI. She doesn't say much and mostly just listens to LII talking. She react emotionally with her face. I watched some of their other videos also.

The LII is pretty boring to be honest. Normalizing. She is smart of course.
    I am 100 percent sure. I have trouble with people typing or rather coining SLE as aggressive and every bad thing. It’s just Se a function related to sense perception in the immediate moment so SLE DO come across as quiet and observant and even sparsely spoken doesn’t mean they are not extroverts because it is the function that’s extroverting
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The one with the dark long hair has trouble trusting her girlfriend because she sees (sense perception) her having better quality conversations with other people and this makes her feel insecure needs Fe to be reassured (MY TEAM!)
    -

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am 100 percent sure. I have trouble with people typing or rather coining SLE as aggressive and every bad thing. It’s just Se a function related to sense perception in the immediate moment so SLE DO come across as quiet and observant and even sparsely spoken doesn’t mean they are not extroverts because it is the function that’s extroverting

I agree with you 100% about what you say about Se. But I still think she seemed more SEI. I'll watch some more videos and let's see.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SLE-C 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s what I am. I hit stuff that pisses me off and that was you last time we fight. SLE have Se- and Fe+ so I won’t attack unless being provoked. You do start the fight first. Normally, I’m chill and I give people witty nicknames as a way to have fun.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s what I am. I hit stuff that pisses me off and that was you last time we fight. SLE have Se- and Fe+ so I won’t attack unless being provoked. You do start the fight first. Normally, I’m chill and I give people witty nicknames as a way to have fun.
    Is your avatar a picture of you?

TIM
    SLE-C 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Is your avatar a picture of you?
    Yeah

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol my SLE brother gives nick names too. My ESI brother's tiny girlfriend cheated on him and so my SLE brother started calling her Stinkerbell. They got back together and my SLE brother calls her Stinkerbell to her face. Really everybody has a nick name but me

-Krishna

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For what it's worth, I always saw Kirk/Shatner as SLE and Spock/Nimoy as ILI. I just can't see Spock as an LII. If SLE/ILI, then they are Semi-Duals.

In Star Trek TOS S3-23, All Our Yesterdays, Spock goes back into the past when his ancestors were emotionally unconstrained and, his telepathic connection to the other members of his race being lost, he falls in love with Mariette Hartley (a true babe, IMO). Bones tries to get him to be logical, but it doesn't have the desired effect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtE39jPMI3E 0:41=0:46.

I'll tell you the truth. I don't see an LII ever acting like that, but I've seen ILIs act like that a lot. Si vs Se.

Furthermore, I never really warmed up to Bones. I think he's an SEI, which would make Spock and Bones relationship Super-Ego. It's much easier to explain their constant, low-level antagonism in that case.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-01-2021 at 04:04 AM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kirk (SLE) seemed to be the mirror of Spock (LSI) where both see things similarly but one wants to go left while the other right. I thought that Bones (IEE) often showed conflicting opinions to Spock's while his dynamic with Kirk seemed super-ego. If Spock were LII, the relationship would tend to be one-way with Kirk discounting most everything that Spock was saying or doing.

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 08-02-2021 at 07:14 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These people don't seem to have much of a personality. I can't watch this nonsense long enough to tell for sure what types they are, but type-wise SLE and LII do not get along.

Theoretically, the relationship could cause a lot of arguments about a different valuing of Se.

One possible scenario is that the SLE would feel the need to "protect" the LII and the LII would not appreciate that nor will they like the way they do it.

The SLE will be too bossy for the LII and the LII would feel too overwhelmed by them.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's also Monk (LII-Ne) and Captain Stottlemeyer (SLE-Ti) as fictional characters who have a lot of scenes together in the series.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I've known many SLE but one in particular stands out because I was his supervisor at work. He was quite bright although he barely scraped through engineering school; he could solve technical problems so very easily but producing a final report was near impossible for him. He was the ultimate deflector and excuse maker so I had my hands full as a supervisor but on a personal level, I liked him and we communicated well; I was never sure of his opinion of me. One comment that stood out, although not in his exact words, was that I should be able to tell people what they want to hear even though I couldn't deliver what they wanted. I thought that there lies my shortcoming as a manager in his eyes - and I was glad to be perceived as having such a shortcoming.

a.k.a. I/O
    I don't like writing reports, it's extremely boring. Solving the problems and then moving on, endless report-writing is what LII love but that comes at the expense of actually getting things done quickly. Granted, sometimes the old reports can be useful, but still I feel like I'm much more productive than LII are despite slacking off half the time. My LII colleague (I consider him a friend as well) recently said to someone when he thought I couldn't hear that my work output is very high but he doesn't think it's always the correct things.
    In my opinion the biggest shortcoming of LII is lack of drive to make bold quick decisions and tendency to resign into a "nothing can be done about this, it just has to be endured" mindset, especially if the reason is a non-compliant person. The LII originally requested me to be the lead engineer in the projects he manages because he wanted someone that is able to "whip people" into working. And that has turned out well. One funny thing is how he's been trying to buy himself a new (used) car during the 3,5 years we've known, but the few times he finds the one that has all the right creature comforts, rare add-ons, correct condition etc. he ends up considering it for too long and someone else snatches it from before his nose. I've offered to drive with him through the night to pick one up if he wants and always urge him to call about the cars but somehow he always fails to act in time.

I also think LII are overly concerned with politeness and correct behavior and correct "order" of things, but I realize that sometimes my lack of tact and directness can be badly received. However, in the work climate of engineering and heavy industry, directness and non-nonsense talk usually is received better than worse.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ImOutThere View Post
    These people don't seem to have much of a personality. I can't watch this nonsense long enough to tell for sure what types they are, but type-wise SLE and LII do not get along.

Theoretically, the relationship could cause a lot of arguments about a different valuing of Se.

One possible scenario is that the SLE would feel the need to "protect" the LII and the LII would not appreciate that nor will they like the way they do it.

The SLE will be too bossy for the LII and the LII would feel too overwhelmed by them.
    In my experience, there aren't a lot of arguments, but there's a certain avoidance from LII side. I work with an LII and my little brother is LII, the latter has avoided me since childhood though our relations aren't hostile (I beat him up a lot when we were kids, I admit).

From my colleague, I sometimes see the volatile nature of Se polr in how he can overdo "displays of force" to somehow prove that he isn't a weakling and can take decisive action. Also any kind of physical horseplay is immediately received as if it's threatening his very life, lol. It's somehow adorable to me, I like the guy and we are friends but not as close as I tend to get with Se valuers (especially ILIs).

I do sometimes feel the need to protect or rather guide the LII into being more bold into defending their interests and taking action. Also their Si HA well receives if efforts are made to accommodate for it. For example, once we ordered takeaway thai food and he got the wrong order containing coconut milk (that supposedly his stomach can't take). He sighed that this is what always happens and resigned into eating it, but I just went ahead and swapped our meals (mine didn't have coconut milk) before he could start. For me, it was a non-issue since food is just food, but it seemed it was a big deal for him.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    ........ One funny thing is how he's been trying to buy himself a new (used) car during the 3,5 years we've known, but the few times he finds the one that has all the right creature comforts, rare add-ons, correct condition etc. he ends up considering it for too long and someone else snatches it from before his nose. I've offered to drive with him through the night to pick one up if he wants and always urge him to call about the cars but somehow he always fails to act in time.

I also think LII are overly concerned with politeness and correct behavior and correct "order" of things.....
    LIIs tend to be perfectionists, which at times is a big plus but other times is their undoing. Their tendency to hesitate to think of potential consequences makes them good managers but poor leaders. They also tend to not like buying second-hand or taking over someone else's work. Your friend's lack of speed in buying a car may be his subconscious not really wanting to buy anything less than his concept of perfect. The correct order of things is more of an LSI trait. However, most Ijs tend to be polite and exhibit non-controversial behaviour.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    LIIs tend to be perfectionists, which at times is a big plus but other times is their undoing. Their tendency to hesitate to think of potential consequences makes them good managers but poor leaders. They also tend to not like buying second-hand or taking over someone else's work. Your friend's lack of speed in buying a car may be his subconscious not really wanting to buy anything less than his concept of perfect. The correct order of things is more of an LSI trait. However, most Ijs tend to be polite and exhibit non-controversial behaviour.

a.k.a. I/O
    Yeah, I think almost every time he finds something not quite right with the car, so he prefers to stick with his "known good" old vehicle. Those few times he's found something very unblemished and correctly equipped, they are quickly snatched because of high desirability. That being said, he has a good ability to find good deals and hidden gems.
    It's true that LSI are more concerned with 'due process', his insistence of sticking to protocol is more in the realm of social behavior. Such as giving people early notice of meetings and wanting to send out detailed minutes of meetings before calling the next one. It's the perfectionism that doesn't let him send an e-mail that isn't very well composed and extremely clear (though the Ti brand of clarity sometimes becomes more muddled in practice for some ethical types).

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Kirk is SLE, rather SEE. He leads with Se+(protecting his ship and crew) and not Se-(attacking ennemies). Spock ILI & Bones IEE
    Romulans/Klingons/Terrans are the Se-/Fi Polr folk.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIIs can be dorks when they think they have something to prove