Thread: Ne seeking vs Se seeking

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ne seeking vs Se seeking

I'm having some trouble understanding the difference. thanks.
    both Ni and Si users are attracted to more adventurous out-there things..? but what is the nuance?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si users are routed in the physical world and are looking for mental stimulation,
    Ni users are routed in the mental world and are looking for physical stimulation

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Let's put it like this:
    I tend to mentally exhaust IEI's while I do not see point when they appreciate occasional "getting it done" attitude and I might say some words around this subject out of necessity/irritation [it really bugs me when I need to put myself in that specific frame of mind].

Oh and there is this one way to irritate IEI's as well: "I studied because I found it interesting but not because I wanted to become something. In fact I could do something similar and never get benefits out of it. That would be awesome."
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ips tend to surround themselves by metaphorical walls of assumptions based on their educations and experiences, and from behind these walls, they conduct their lives and view the world - some being rather myopic. When some of these assumptions are proven to be incorrect, many start to question themselves. Some realize a need for objective assessments but getting such perspectives require them to step outside their walls. What Ips consider adventurous is normal routine for most Eps, who seem to require anchors to slow them down. Unfortunately, though Ips tend to be quick to react and adapt to others, they're usually overly resistant to changing their own opinions (or fundamental behaviours) even though they may be flawed........

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Ips tend to surround themselves by metaphorical walls of assumptions based on their educations and experiences, and from behind these walls, they conduct their lives and view the world - some being rather myopic. When some of these assumptions are proven to be incorrect, many start to question themselves. Some realize a need for objective assessments but getting such perspectives require them to step outside their walls. What Ips consider adventurous is normal routine for most Eps, who seem to require anchors to slow them down. Unfortunately, though Ips tend to be quick to react and adapt to others, they're usually overly resistant to changing their own opinions (or fundamental behaviours) even though they may be flawed........

a.k.a. I/O
    This seems rather like a Ti user perspective than Ip

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    This seems rather like a Ti user perspective than Ip
    Ijs, in general, can spin their wheels, getting bogged down in overthinking a subject but usually have fairly objective perspectives (Eps are also usually objective). Although they're slow to react, they don't often get trapped behind walls of preconceptions; they often get mired by indecision because they tend to consider too many perspectives....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
    Si users are routed in the physical world and are looking for mental stimulation,
    Ni users are routed in the mental world and are looking for physical stimulation
    @Itsme, sometimes I read something on this forum that clarifies a lot of things that I hadn't previously fully put together. Your post is one of those things.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se seekers are stimulated by physically stimulating exciting things
    Ne seekers are stimulated by mentally stimulating or interesting things

An Se seeker might think that “pain olympics” things or people faceplanting or sliding around in the snow are super funny and entertaining. An Ne seeker might also laugh but also think it’s a bit basic or lame and that the Se seeker is a basic bitch for laughing.

An Ne seeker would giggle if you read Alice in Wonderland to them, or showed them lots of crazy ideas. Se seeker would think Ne seeker is overly bored and a bit obsessive and nuts.

I remember I once showed an IEI friend videos of capoeira when we were younger and he said “they are pwning my eyeballs”.

By contrast, I had an SEI friend as a kid who really liked it when I read The Jabberwocky out loud together in unison with her. The crazy word usage attracted and stimulated her.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Itsme @sbbds
    thanks, I get it now!

On the other hand, what would you say for Ni and Si seekers?