Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: INTj jobs/careers/occupations: what do LIIs do for a living?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    LIIs want autonomy more than anything else and tend toward perfectionism (a relative term). They dislike expectations that rob them of their autonomy or that cause them to be less than perfect in their own eyes. LIIs can be highly productive when they think that they're calling the shots and setting the schedule, even though autonomy may be a well crafted illusion. Perfectionism can really annoy others, and cause workaholiism and eventual burnout so they sometimes need protection from themselves. LIIs seem to do better with project work that has finite timelines, but sufficient resources and free-rein. They certainly don't do well with no-win scenarios and don't work well with others looking over their shoulder.

a.k.a. I/O
    This is about 1000X better than what I wrote.

Self-descriptions are always best.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    I guess I don’t relate. I believe that you create your own success. Especially over a long period of time. Position and improve yourself so that when opportunities are around you already ready for them and you meet the requirements. Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity.

One of the reasons why I decided to work as a teller when I first started was to learn more about the practical side of money and investment. I could have done something easier or more fun but there is no challenge in that. I wanted insights that are not available to the general public and I managed to find them. I sat with people I had no business being with because I was curious and eager to learn. Your first few jobs should inform your decisions later in life. Treat them as internships. Yes, you are there to learn the basics but that shouldn’t stop you from looking for things beyond that. Find out what skills you are missing to be successful and put yourself out there to acquire them - a formal education is simply not enough.
    Maybe it is because you don't live in Michigan and didn't start out in the automotive industry...

Never take good fortune that allows you to be your best for granted.

I know someone who reached the height of her career by 28 and then was knocked out of her game when she was drgugged and raped by a coworker, developed PTSD and was terrified to work in her 10-year long industry for years. She had gang threats on her life etc and this scared her off even though she was a top performer and management loved her. Competition can be brutal depending on where you work and the quality of people you are dealing with. She tried a new career but never did fully recover because she was already perfectly aligned and doing her best in her original situation.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIIs want autonomy more than anything else and tend toward perfectionism (a relative term). They dislike expectations that rob them of their autonomy or that cause them to be less than perfect in their own eyes. LIIs can be highly productive when they think that they're calling the shots and setting the schedule, even though autonomy may be a well crafted illusion. Perfectionism can really annoy others, and cause workaholiism and eventual burnout so they sometimes need protection from themselves. LIIs seem to do better with project work that has finite timelines, but sufficient resources and free-rein. They certainly don't do well with no-win scenarios and don't work well with others looking over their shoulder.

a.k.a. I/O
    EXACTLY! Fits me to a tee.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    Maybe it is because you don't live in Michigan and didn't start out in the automotive industry...

Never take good fortune that allows you to be your best for granted.

I know someone who reached the height of her career by 28 and then was knocked out of her game when she was drgugged and raped by a coworker, developed PTSD and was terrified to work in her 10-year long industry for years. She had gang threats on her life etc and this scared her off even though she was a top performer and management loved her. Competition can be brutal depending on where you work and the quality of people you are dealing with. She tried a new career but never did fully recover because she was already perfectly aligned and doing her best in her original situation.
    I've been rich and I've been poor and it's better to be rich. And what I can tell you about success is that it is a combination of luck and more luck.

First, pick your parents, which will determine your race, location, genetic makeup, and your social tool set. After that, just be lucky.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...e-jobs/582175/

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EXACTLY! Fits me to a tee.
    Then you might relate to this:

http://www.socionics.com/articles/on_being_intj.html

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then you might relate to this:

http://www.socionics.com/articles/on_being_intj.html

a.k.a. I/O
    About 98% relatable. The exceptions are on empathy and affection ~ I can show it with a significant other, and I am empathic with people when they deserve it. Sometimes decisions are poor and they do not deserve it.

The need to size up a situation and feel competent before acting is all very true, as well as the constant surveying of all angles and contingency planning. I too am often too pessimistic in a way that others have often taken offense at because I am quick to dismiss prospects that seem untenable or too risky.
    ~* astralsilky

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

........ empathy and affection ~ I can show it with a significant other, and I am empathic with people when they deserve it. Sometimes decisions are poor and they do not deserve it........
    I always thought I was too but was told by too many that they thought I was detached and cold on occasions when I thought I was being emotionally supportive......

Note that in a later version of that text, I modified one sentence because I didn't think I was nearly as quick as other types at changing plans: ".......forces me to stop planning and start implementation. When underway, I'm able to modify my direction ad hoc when I see better courses of action........."

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't take direction well, tend to be smarter than the average supervisor and do not play materialistic nor interpersonal politics. Not all find ways to reach their academic potential to secure profitable credentials. Networking is a weakness especially just not knowing enough people. And having the ingenuity of our efficient work underestimated and undervalued is a pitfall. Can't use Se successfully to manipulate others into giving high raises etc.

What can we do to professionally advance our careers and keep steady work???
    Start your own, location independent business, that way you can work alone without needing to depend on anyone. LIIs are hard workers and can do this type of thing.

Consider consulting for a particular skill you have or writing books where you teach something technical; LIIs are builders of
    Systems so take that into consideration

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peteronfireee View Post
    Start your own, location independent business, that way you can work alone without needing to depend on anyone. LIIs are hard workers and can do this type of thing.

Consider consulting for a particular skill you have or writing books where you teach something technical; LIIs are builders of
    Systems so take that into consideration
    While I like the sound of this, the idea of not having a steady paycheck sounds daunting. I have enjoyed the security of working for large corporations in positions that allow a lot of intellectual freedom.
    ~* astralsilky

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I like the sound of this, the idea of not having a steady paycheck sounds daunting. I have enjoyed the security of working for large corporations in positions that allow a lot of intellectual freedom.
    Yeah that's why most people wont, it's a big trade off lol

But they say if you can find something where you can make 1/3 of your current paycheck for 3 months straight while you're in your current job, you should be ok to quit.

But yeah If you like what you're currently doing no need to stress

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no point in even attempting to be kind and supportive for me.

But yeah, I don't know how much money you'll want to make, but I like having practically no expenses and practically no income. Makes life simpler. Wage slavery! It's ironic because of the flag, but whatever. And it's not really wage slavery, but close enough. It's complicated.

Big thing. Assuming you don't suck, it is a big mistake to ask for less salary at your new job. If you're changing job types entirely, then yes, you sure do suck.

Anyways, it's really good to calculate your minimum expenses based upon your lifestyle now, and with any negotiable changes to your lifestyle (for example, if you stop eating out as much, or if you buy a cheaper home). If you do that, then you're in a really good position, as you know how much you need and can negotiate around that.

Still, I know you probably don't need a lot if you are like me, however there are always the things you don't know you need, and then the things you don't know you want. Like eating out... Or that new video game... Or that book you won't read... Or that wildly impractical thing that is cool but as I said impracticle... Gotta have a knife for EVERY application.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234