Thread: Living with Creative Fe

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Living with Creative Fe

Although it is written that IEIs are easily infatuated, similar could be said for SEI too. Both have creative Fe.

I'm at midlife now. The 1st time I fell passionately in love I was only 5. I waited 12 years to become his first gf and he my 1st bf. After 5 months and ready for marriage, he broke my heart because he wanted to play the field and I was just his starter, from his perspective.

A few years ago I decided to remember and count every love interest I've ever had, even if a passing encounter with a stranger with no real interaction. At midlife I realized I've had, even though never yet married, over 100 interests. Such is living with Creative Fe.

It took me 7 years to get over my 1st bf of 5 months whom I had waited 12 years to date. My deeper love interests tend to last years and years. They continue when no better prospect exists but some loves just remain - many undeveloped. I can think of another love interest who I was still dreaming about, awakening and feeling in love as ever, even though we hadn't seen each other in another 12 years, even though in real life we never kissed.

My emotional life runs much of my life. Such is living with Creative Fe. I need ongoing charge with affections whether in art, ideas or people to stay motivated and engaged. And if I'm having relationship problems, my performance at work or school suffers so much that I require positions that let me hide when necessary so I can work out my own issues in private (e.g. tears). I can't take on a role like secondary school teacher even though I'm good with kids because the daily routine is too much like performance art, and my own nature is to be much deeper and private with details than I could separate between work and personal.

I counted today how many times I have truly ever been passionately in love - not just platonically, and not just infatuation. My answer is 4 times, including that 1st time and my current fiance. I'm 44.

When I am feeling deeply enamoured, I need a secret creative outlet to translate my feelings because they HAVE to go somewhere. So I have sung songs in private, or danced, or painted a lot, or especially have written a lot of avant garde style poetry that is intentionally difficult to understand. The focus is on invented new sensations or trying to aesthetically convey the conventionally unconveyable.

Sometimes in some customer service types of jobs I've been able to ignore my own feelings enough to just generate new positive emotional experiences for customers. Or friends and family. But like one SEI profile says, it is true I tend to hide when I emotionally don't feel well enough. The reason is because I don't want to burden others. I don't view being emotionally stimulating to others, making them smile and laugh as "manipulative" so much as friendliness.

This past weekend I made both my parents laugh a lot. I do this in zany ways but only with people I am very close to. I don't have as active a social life as I'd like to. I'm also one of many who feels like if I don't reach out and say hi to others I know, they just mostly ignore me because they expect me to initiate, which honestly is tiring. You don't want to keep doing it if it seems others also don't really care enough to try.

Creative Fe. The nature of my emotions runs so deep I feel them with a profound intensity in my body. I rarely come on strong to others like Fe leads do though because I'm an introvert. It all falls back on me. I enjoy intellectual pursuits a lot because I appreciate the calm and objectivity it offers to help me feel centered. I studied math and physics in college because of this appreciation for objectivity. Sometimes lectures even felt like falling in love with ideas. (The art and humanities classes were such easy As for me even if not for others that I took them for granted and avoided them so as to become more well rounded.) Yet if you put my dual who is ALSO attractive next to me in class, I can no longer focus on studies but my dual and trying to contrive ways to be together. So much fantasizing and adoring from a distance. I'm really guilty of that.

I've also been accused in real life many times as being too nice. I am not as rosy-eyed in the last few years as I used to be most my life just because I have had some really horrific things happen to me too much and I'm tired of a*holes getting away with sh*t while I am forced to keep playing nice.

Such is the life of being a creative Fe type.
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 11-19-2018 at 05:04 PM.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part II

One might think so much adoring equates to high promiscuity but alas, I have had sex less than 100 times in my life which is substantially less than the adult yearly average reported in medical journals. I focus on quality, not quantity. Also, having an affectionate disposition makes me on the contrary seem very cool and standoffish in most social situations with extreme sensitivity to relationship norms, nuances, honor, respect and giving distance.

I fell deeply in love with someone who is my dual before and when asking another dual friend for advice, he shocked me when he suggested I just kiss him to start the relationship. What?!? I didn't want to force myself on someone but let's just say being SEI trying to get physical with an ILE can be very intimidating unless he, contrary and awkward to his nature, shows enough interest back.

Hence, the Alpha NT sex thread in the other thread ... I'd hate for SEI loneliness and failures to continue without my kind without knowing a little more about our duals and how to improve our relationships a great deal.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relate to about everything you said and it felt good reading you.

I have a few stories to share as well but I'm too lazy and tired to do it right now.

Still thank you for this thread.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    Such is the life of being a creative Fe type.
    Nonsense. Such is only the life of histrionic types. You are turning Creative Fe types into stereotypical two-dimension cardboard character and you need your head smacked, grow up and come down to earth.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Nonsense. Such is only the life of histrionic types. You are turning Creative Fe types into stereotypical two-dimension cardboard character and you need your head smacked, grow up and come down to earth.
    I am not histrionic, and I've suffered at others' cruelty without just cause quite enough, thank you.

Fwi w I've had many other Fe creative's already thank me and let me know they feel the same as I did in my posts. So f* off.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure any of this should be put up specifically as an example for creative Fe. It does sound Fe ego though, somewhat.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I'm not sure any of this should be put up specifically as an example for creative Fe. It does sound Fe ego though, somewhat.
    I don't relate to this, no. And I don't think this applies to all SEIs either. I've known a few who were pretty detached. I mean, SEI is an alpha introvert. Not all of them are heart types in enneagram. I've known an SEI 5 Who was pretty uninterested in people romantically lol.

For me and other base Fe types I know, uhh let's see. I do fall in love fairly easily, but I'm not the type to let romantic relationships control my life. EIEs tend to be even pickier from my experience. Or rather, they play more games, I think? I find them a bit confusing sometimes xD

You should know by now, all of astralsilky's threads are one sided conversations. Any opinion that's not 100% in sync with hers is either ignored or gets a rude response like that. I mean, how dare you make her "suffer" your "cruelty"??? Have you no empathy???

So fuck off

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    Have you no empathy???
    First of all, if I do have empathy, depends on what people understand by that. Most people confuse empathy for sympathy. In this particular case, I absolutely have no sympathy!

Secondly, I have lots of empathy ((life would be a lot easier if I had a lot less), if understood as the talent to put myself in another's persons shoes and to know what they feel and why they are feeling it. In such a case empathy is a perfect bullshit radar ;-)
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    I am not histrionic, and I've suffered at others' cruelty without just cause quite enough, thank you.

Fwi w I've had many other Fe creative's already thank me and let me know they feel the same as I did in my posts. So f* off.
    You mean people on this forum? Well, they must be here to find the same validation you are looking for.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean people on this forum? Well, they must be here to find the same validation you are looking for.
    Imo it is weird that you would put down the whole forum, by describing everyone on here as seeking validation.

Furthermore, it's ok imo that astralsilky describe *her own* experience with her type. Sure, there might be other factors that are not type related, and other people of the same type might have different experiences with this. However, I really don't see why you would isolate her this way? As for diagnosing others with various conditions i don't know for sure but I wonder where your confidence to do that comes from? I just don't think your post here is quite justified.
    Last edited by Delilah; 11-21-2018 at 11:55 PM.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@vesstheastralsilky If it makes you feel better, I've liked (as in had crushes on) 120+ guys at once, before (lol! those were high school days). I relate to most of what you've described pretty well. I don't think all SEIs have the same experiences @Pano Lou, of course there are differences, but it's probable that the behaviors described in this thread are more likely with Fe-creative than most types.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Imo it is weird that you would put down the whole forum, by describing everyone on here as seeking validation.

Furthermore, it's ok imo that astralsilky describe *her own* experience with her type. Sure, there might be other factors that are not type related, and other people of the same type might have different experiences with this. However, I really don't see why you would isolate her this way? As for diagnosing others with various conditions i don't know for sure but I wonder where your confidence to do that comes from? I just don't think your post here is quite justified.
    You gotta admit, she does a good job of isolating herself.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Not quite enough empathy to read the sarcasm in Pano's statement though. . .
    Are you clairvoyant or something? Pretty awesome that you can read this conclusion from my response.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you clairvoyant or something? Pretty awesome that you can read this conclusion from my response.
    Fwiw, I didn't think your response to me was serious <3

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. And thank you.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk if this would be called a creative Fe thing cuz I mean it could also pertain to suggestive Ne

but then again I’m dumb so idk

I’ve had more crushes/infatuations than I can count bc I get bored easily
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus