Thread: What is Si?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Where do yo get this from? Sounds like MBTI. That's not what Si is.
    Sounds like Ti HA lol

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Where do you get this from? ............ That's not what Si is.
    All proponents of both MBTI and Socionics would say the same as you - but my estimation is likely closer to the process source that creates the observations.

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 11-14-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Where do you get this from? Sounds like MBTI. That's not what Si is.
    No it sounds like like an initial rough descriptive draft of computer's architectural component. Or something along those lines.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To understand Si one can compare it with Ni. (they are related)

Ni monitors the fluctuations of the unconscious, the "undercurrents" that are sortof the background of concrete reality.

Si does kindof the same, but it is more shallow and it just senses the impressions from the unconscious. It is perceived as something totally genuine and natural but it can also feel foreign.

Both Si and Ni can be felt as mystical experience but Si lacks any kind of insight or "vision". It simply senses.

Thanks to Si everything around you feels a little more "organic", a little more "deep", or "genuine".

Si is pretty much impossible to understand from just observing a person. They seem to be "taking in" the environment, but what they actually "see" is hidden. It gets even more difficult because most healthy Si bases are adapted and have developed weak functions in order to deal with everyday life. The glimpse of Si can be spotted when they take a rest or are allowed to behave freely without any restrictions, or when they suddenly forget to concentrate on the task.
    Last edited by Tallmo; 11-13-2020 at 07:09 PM.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si is enjoying life in a parallel world in your imagination, but instead of just seeing it, you can actually feel it as though it was real.
    You get input from the environment (that can be your own brain btw) and transform that into an abstract input that your body feels as a very personal reality
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To understand Si one can compare it with Ni. (they are related)

Ni monitors the fluctuations of the unconscious, the "undercurrents" that are sortof the background of concrete reality.

Si does kindof the same, but it is more shallow and it just senses the impressions from the unconscious. It is perceived as something totally genuine and natural but it can also feel foreign.

Both Si and Ni can be felt as mystical experience but Si lacks any kind of insight or "vision". It simply senses.

Thanks to Si everything around you feels a little more "organic", a little more "deep", or "genuine".

Si is pretty much impossible to understand from just observing a person. They seem to be "taking in" the environment, but what they actually "see" is hidden. It gets even more difficult because most healthy Si bases are adapted and have developed weak functions in order to deal with everyday life. The glimpse of Si can be spotted when they take a rest or are allowed to behave freely without any restrictions, or when they suddenly forget to concentrate on the task.
    What happens when a Si base takes a rest?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can just "chill" for many many hours in a vegetative state, especially in new and different environments like the beach or lake where there's wind and sound and many things are moving in the background. But at least at home, to simply feel temperature, warmth, softness, taste and adjusting for max coziness is way too boring and unstimulating after a while. It's all good and stuff but there's way more levels to it.

I think I like to experiment with different types of tastes and sensations.

Activities that are very Si I partake in:

Organizing playlists, combining songs in ways where each playlist has a different taste too it
    Making Pinterest boards of various internet aesthetics and things I find interesting or pretty: abandoned greenhouses, lost toys, porcelain dolls
    Looking up various artists I like a lot and studying their style and vibes very seriously
    Thinking of various people who's clothing styles I admire and mix-and-matching the parts I like from them in my head
    Decorating my room with various knick knacks (cloud shaped humidifier, small music box, stuffed animals, hanging photos and art on the wall)
    Photography, I very much the style old film creates, too bad they're so expensive
    Collecting bits of stationary with cool features, I love drafting pencils and highlighters

The places I like to visit that have nice Si vibes:
    Art museums
    Small bookshops
    Milk-based shaved ice restaurant
    Local family-owned restaurants
    Coffee shops
    Antique stores
    Candy shops
    Si people's homes lol
    Parks and biking along rivers
    Last edited by Tzuyu; 11-13-2020 at 09:16 PM.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybel View Post
    I can just "chill" for many many hours in a vegetative state, especially in new and different environments like the beach or lake where there's wind and sound and many things are moving in the background. But at least at home, to simply feel temperature, warmth, softness, taste and adjusting for max coziness is way too boring and unstimulating after a while. It's all good and stuff but there's way more levels to it.

I think I like to experiment with different types of tastes and sensations.

Activities that are very Si I partake in:

Organizing playlists, combining songs in ways where each playlist has a different taste too it
    Making Pinterest boards of various internet aesthetics and things I find interesting or pretty: abandoned greenhouses, lost toys, porcelain dolls
    Looking up various artists I like a lot and studying their style and vibes very seriously
    Thinking of various people who's clothing styles I admire and mix-and-matching the parts I like from them in my head
    Decorating my room with various knick knacks (cloud shaped humidifier, small music box, stuffed animals, hanging photos and art on the wall)
    Photography, I very much the style old film creates, too bad they're so expensive
    Collecting bits of stationary with cool features, I love drafting pencils and highlighters

The places I like to visit that have nice Si vibes:
    Art museums
    Small bookshops
    Milk-based shaved ice restaurant
    Local family-owned restaurants
    Coffee shops
    Antique stores
    Candy shops
    Si people's homes lol
    Parks and biking along rivers
    These are all things I've always wanted to do, and appreciate those who do it, but I simply don't have time for that or whatever.
    I simply forget that these things exist really. They seem like a waste of time, but once you do them, you feel different
    Seems like everyone out there is doing them, except me. That's how I feel

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Augusta had to change Jung's definition quite a bit to get it to work as a part of Model A.

"harmony, pleasure, health, comfort, pleasantness, satisfaction, convenience, quality, cosiness, aesthetics"

These are all indeed Si themes, however most of them are only external indicators of sustainability, which means preserving life on its physical, mental, and (if awakened) spiritual levels.

silke's mentioning of stability sort of gets at this; unfortunately she also removed some of the perfectly valid descriptions above from wikisocion.

Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can aesthetics be Se too?

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Can aesthetics be Se too?
    No. Se seeks out and strives for intense experiences and that’s from directly interacting with concrete objects and physical activities. Se is focused on the concrete attributes of an object which is emphasized and immediate influence to change the object happens at that moment. It’s resourceful and adaptive, whereas lifestyles and aesthetics has to do with Si because it’s established, comfortable sensations that’s derived from one’s impressions felt by objects. Si emphasize the impressions caused by an object to establish homeostasis gained from the knowledge of gathered impression.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123