Thread: Information Metabolism Dichotomy Tautology

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Information Metabolism Dichotomy Tautology

I'm trying to figure out what metric could establish dichotomies in socionics. I think you would need 6 absolute scales: 2 for information, 2 for metabolism and 2 for type.

The reason for 2 scales is to make sure the opposing categories are actually linked. What if someone is neither bold nor cautious in the domain of fields? In that case, not being bold with fields does not imply cautiousness and extraversion per se.

Also, there might be different kinds of dichotomies. It makes sense to define information categories based on dominant aspects of types. The contrast between logics and ethics is most obvious between logical and ethical leading types. But would a dichotomy trained to identify the leading function for rational types also work to identify the creative function of irrational types? If not, even if the extravert / introvert dichotomy is jointly exhaustive, maybe the practical application of the logical verses ethical dichotomy is not, and should be expanded to be the tetrachotomy of leading strengths or the tetrachotomy of ego rationality.

This possibility of neither scale applying is labeled "Yin" in the table.

The yellow "Type" category would be static traits that apply generally to a person's character, contrasted to people of the opposite type. The problem with this is the type is often defined by stereotyping the type as only its dominant aspect, even if both types do both things.

To make a better description, you can define the dominant aspect of each type in terms of information, and then watch how both types react to expressing each kinds of information. For there to be a different type, there has to be a different reaction, such as a feeling, to acting out the information.

For introvert / extravert, maybe the metabolic feeling is confidence for bold functions and hesitation for cautious functions. Then you would track what action categories were confident and which were hesitant. If you got it these definitions good enough, you could type someone from a single situation, regardless of how they were acting, as long as you could identify how they felt.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not trying to be a dick, as it's nice to see people talking theory, but I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckrz View Post
    Not trying to be a dick, as it's nice to see people talking theory, but I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here.
    I'm trying to figure out an empirical scale the could test various information metabolism definition, and see which definitions work.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ajsindri View Post
    I'm trying to figure out an empirical scale the could test various information metabolism definition, and see which definitions work.
    https://libgen.me/item/detail/id/1025397

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L.o.l. Don't even have systematic way to confirm each type or IE yet.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mfckrz Thanks for the book suggestion. It doesn't look like socionics - was there a specific section you had in mind?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

All I want say good luck with trying. Mixed bag is probably the best description. When we enter to the empirical field, purity just goes out the window.

I would be impressed if we can show this IME "atomism" even becoming true since those have taken spin towards being elementary particles... with spins and in the other end this is the reason why some want to get rid of strict IME's and focus on type. I just think it at best as being more or less hierarchically connected dispersing mess in which mainly relations get qualitative fuzzy approximate interaction. Above all so called type representatives do their IE's in auto mode especially base which makes it very hard for them to actually get it meta cognitively.

This is a start, still.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ajsindri View Post
    @mfckrz Thanks for the book suggestion. It doesn't look like socionics - was there a specific section you had in mind?
    Has some stuff on Information Metabolism.

Forgot there's some here also: http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...ion_Metabolism