Thread: Type my best employee

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Type my best employee

There's this guy at work, he works on the line. His English is 99.9% perfect but he won't work the register. They've offered to promote him but he seems unsure. Everyone loves him, it's impossible not to. He never stops working. Takes direction well. Does everything to the best of his ability. He's very polite and diplomatic. Extremely shy. Seems to have no romantic interests or maybe he's afraid of women a little.

Doesn't have a lot of hobbies that I can tell. He likes watching soccer and movies. I ask him questions all the time trying to pry answers about his life. I can't believe he doesn't seem to do anything outside of work.

He has kind of a weird relationship with food. I never see him eat at work. He's thin but won't touch sugar, at least that I've seen. Well, once I saw him drink a tiny bit of green apple freeze and he said shhhh like it was scandalous.

He refuses to say a negative word about anyone. Politically correct. Seems intelligent. He dropped out of high school. He says he'd like to go into IT or something but knows nothing about it yet that I can tell. He gets really uncomfortable when you compliment him. Doesn't know how to respond and will often deflect praise or say he's overrated. Seems to have depression and low self esteem.

I gave him an enneagram book and he read most of it and took the test. He scored highest in 4 6 and 9 but especially 4 which kinda surprised me. And he was so diligent about reading it just to be polite and return it in a timely manner. I was especially surprised by how well he was able to hold a conversation about it after a single reading, remembering most of the types and even giving me useful insights on our coworkers.

Very neat and responsible.

His reactions to things are kinda funny. Lately especially I've noticed him pantomiming his feelings a lot. He'll half jokingly bang on the line or shake his fist if a customer comes while he's cleaning. Smiles politely most of the time, he's not unexpressive, but his expression seems kinda forced maybe. Like he's trying to give you what you want to see. When he truly laughs or is surprised by something it's quite gratifying.

Minds his own business, wouldn't snitch on coworkers and doesn't seem to care how hard anyone else is working.

What does he sound like to you? Whatever he is he seems rare among my acquaintances. I must know! Haha
    7w6 9w1 2w3 sx/? RLUAI(rl|U|ai)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi-Te introvert, EII SLI ILI ESI

Somewhat more likely to be ESI or EII
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was thinking EII as well. I can't really see the others as possibilities. LSE makes sense as his dual, but ITR is kinda hard with him because he gets along with everyone.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a close colleague who is a bit similar who is EII-Fi.
    You have to pay attention with them - give back without them having to ask for it. They´ll silently like it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rough guess from description would be ILI, seemed Te ego/Fi valuing

"Rough guess" - Means its definitely not a final typing

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably some Si-valuing introvert. I was thinking LII but EII could work. Being uncomfortable with compliments sounds like low or devalued Fe, but he does seem to have some Fe. Maybe LSE is possible too.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ij.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since he came out high on enneagram 4, I like the EII typing best.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, EII is most likely candidate, followed by ESI and SLI.

If he was SLI or LSE, he would care more about how productive others are. And if he was ESI, he would be more blunt and probably step on more toes with an ambitious streak.

Should also note that you think he's your "best" employee, and that you type yourself in the same quadra as EII.
    Last edited by Desert Financial; 10-12-2018 at 02:35 AM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Probably some Si-valuing introvert. I was thinking LII but EII could work. Being uncomfortable with compliments sounds like low or devalued Fe, but he does seem to have some Fe. Maybe LSE is possible too.
    LII was my second choice for him. He seems clearly Se polr to me. The only reason I doubt LII is because of the enneagram 4 thing.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    Yeah, EII is most likely candidate, followed by ESI and SLI.

If he was SLI or LSE, he would care more about how productive others are. And if he was ESI, he would be more blunt and probably step on more toes with an ambitious streak.

Should also note that you think he's your "best" employee, and that you type yourself in the same quadra as EII.
    I would love to claim him for my quadra. I think everyone would though. Everyone is kinda enamored with him. My staunchly hetero SEE roommate said he would marry him if he was a girl lol.
    Last edited by schwiftyrickty; 10-12-2018 at 05:09 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From your description he seems to be a feeling type

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He seems like a 9
    I think XEI

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schwiftyrickty View Post
    His English is 99.9% perfect
    you can actually notice 0.1% of imperfection!!!

They've offered to promote him but he seems unsure.
    what are the new responsibilities he would have to take?

I ask him questions all the time trying to pry answers about his life.
    please stop it, it is suspicious and annoying. try to talk more about your life and he will start talking about his life little by little but it will take time

He refuses to say a negative word about anyone.
    I respect this

He gets really uncomfortable when you compliment him. Doesn't know how to respond and will often deflect praise or say he's overrated.
    I don't know how to respond to a compliment (well considering I had to google what to say in a funeral before going to one last week, I guess I don't know how to respond to many other situations I am just not sure it is 1D Fi or 1D Fe) but I won't say I am overrated, still maybe he is trying to be humble and doesn't really feel he's overrated

especially 4 which kinda surprised me.
    why was it so surprising? based on your description there is nothing that contradict with him being a 4

His reactions to things are kinda funny.
    this isn't a helpful description, can you think of an example?

What does he sound like to you? Whatever he is he seems rare among my acquaintances. I must know! Haha
    sounds like a decent guy, and I also lean toward EII but what intrigued you so much about him?

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schwiftyrickty View Post
    I would love to claim him for my quadra. I think everyone would though. Everyone is kinda enamored with him. My staunchly hetero SEE roommate said he would marry him if he was a girl lol.
    Now that I think about it, he could be SEI, too.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    you can actually notice 0.1% of imperfection!!!

what are the new responsibilities he would have to take?

please stop it, it is suspicious and annoying. try to talk more about your life and he will start talking about his life little by little but it will take time

I respect this

I don't know how to respond to a compliment (well considering I had to google what to say in a funeral before going to one last week, I guess I don't know how to respond to many other situations I am just not sure it is 1D Fi or 1D Fe) but I won't say I am overrated, still maybe he is trying to be humble and doesn't really feel he's overrated

why was it so surprising? based on your description there is nothing that contradict with him being a 4

this isn't a helpful description, can you think of an example?

sounds like a decent guy, and I also lean toward EII but what intrigued you so much about him?
    He has a slight accent and will sometimes reach for a word. It's really not an important detail. I was just painting a picture.

For one he would actually have to do some customer service which scares him. Plus he would have more serious responsibilities like handling cash. Conflict resolution and telling other people what to do.

I don't think I annoy him (but next time I see him I'll be sure to bombard him with intrusive questions about if I annoy him and why.) If anything he seems a little surprised someone is actually asking him questions instead of talking at him/over him or asking questions but not giving him time to respond. We have a fairly close relationship compared to his other work relationships. We exchange books and tv show recommendations on the regular.

People are constantly complimenting him, telling him he needs to get promoted, he should be employee of the month, etc. I can see how he might think it is a bit much. If people complimented me that much it would immediately go to my head and I would die from all the pleasure.

The 4 surprises me because the fours I know are mostly more whiny and brooding, plus it's a reactive type and he's very much not reactive. But sp 4 is supposed to be the counter 4 so I guess it could work. And I wasn't at all surprised that he scored highest in 4 of all the image types, but I'd be kinda surprised if 4 was his main type, and he scored highest on 4. I would've thought he'd be a 6w5 (yes yes, 6 is also a reactive type) or 9w1 for sure. I really should've asked him more about why he relates to 4 so much instead of just being skeptical he was a 4. Now it seems like the opportunity has passed.

My examples were the pounding on the line and shaking of the fists. He also waits until it is appropriate to laugh at something most of the time. Or he won't get it until later and say "aha! I get it. Very clever." And he kinda blushes if you say anything sexual and will get all wide eyed and laugh nervously or even back away slowly. Oh and there's this other gesture I've seen him do a few times. He'll drop down to his knees, hold his head in his hands , stay there for a second then throw his hands up like he gives up and look up as if asking "Why, God? Why?". I've seen him do this both during very serious situations (such as when he first found out his brand new Volkswagen had been brutally vandalized in the parking lot) and when he's just being silly (such as when someone orders 15 cheese rollups [which you should do if you hate Taco Bell employees.]).

I didn't really mean to say he intrigued me (though I guess he does) so much as I just don't think I know a lot of people of his type. He seems like a rarity, especially as a dude. He has such a soft personality, so deferential to others.

I must know his type simply so I know someone of his type, especially if he's an EII because I only know one that I'm confident of. I'm catching rare Sociómon.
    Last edited by schwiftyrickty; 10-12-2018 at 05:10 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Number 9 large and @A Moderator

SEI would probably be my third most likely guess after EII and LII. He kinda VIs more as a XEI than EXI in my opinion. He doesn't have a very serious look about him. He always has that appeasing little smile.

I don't really know any confirmed LIIs either, so I'm not sure about that one. My gut says he's ethical though. But it'd be cool if he was LII because I'd like to add some of those to my collection as well lol. I think I do know LIIs, just none well enough to type with any real accuracy.

Imo, he's 1. EII 2. LII 3. SEI 4. IEI

No way he's ESI or SLI. LSE actually sounds crazy based on what I know of him and socionics. ILI would be... Interesting. I originally had him typed as IEI from VI alone actually. Now I don't think he's Se valuing but it's hard to say because everyone treats him like he can do no wrong (which is true so far. I bet that's a lot of pressure.) and they are vying for his favor. Even my old SLE nemesis treated him like royalty and that guy was a real bossy cunt. No offense, @Number 9 large. #notAllSLEs
    Last edited by schwiftyrickty; 10-12-2018 at 03:15 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

xII

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people complimenting me so much would be a sign that i´m overqualified for the job

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    people complimenting me so much would be a sign that i´m overqualified for the job
    I mean, it's not a hard job. Most of us could do better. He's a 21 year old high school dropout (like most of our employees) who has never had another job, so he's not exactly over qualified, but with his intelligence and work ethic he could definitely go far with some confidence. He should at least be a manager, but his extreme introversion makes things difficult when 90 percent of being a manager is interaction based.

And people straight up tell him he could go far all the time. He's really scared of leaving his comfort zone.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

reminds EII
    but the way to type based on such descriptions is not good