Thread: ESI vs ILI?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESI vs ILI?

I thought I was originally ESI for a very long time. It's because I'm usually very inwardly emotional and I didn't think I was intellectual enough to be Ni leading. Now I'm beginning to identify with fe polr more because I'm usually very stoic with everyone except for my closest friends, and that the Fi leads I've observed are generally more comfortable showing their feelings. Also I notice I lack the Se needed to be ESI. What's the difference between fi leading and fi hidden agenda in a person's behavior?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, I think emotions can be poor indicators between F and T when you judge it yourself. Just stick with how they are defined and what makes you like that in the first place.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soft goats View Post
    I thought I was originally ESI for a very long time. It's because I'm usually very inwardly emotional and I didn't think I was intellectual enough to be Ni leading. Now I'm beginning to identify with fe polr more because I'm usually very stoic with everyone except for my closest friends, and that the Fi leads I've observed are generally more comfortable showing their feelings. Also I notice I lack the Se needed to be ESI. What's the difference between fi leading and fi hidden agenda in a person's behavior?
    Fi lead is always very emotionally reactive and has an emotional feeling with almost anything that happens in her life. shes also very aware of who and what she likes and dislikes. compare to type 4 in enneagram

Fi hidden agenda has a need to always be correct and ''good'', and not evil. compare to type 1 in enneagram

some examples of ILIs: Richard Dawkins, Jordan Peterson, Christopher Hitchens

some examples of ESIs: Till Lindemann, Marilyn Manson, Lady Gaga, Amy Winehouse

I hope that gives u a more clear distinction between the types.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My ESI aunt is an observer of traditions. She will remind me it’s church day lol and my mom is lazy lacks will power to go out to church and will white lie try to get out of putting in the will to go lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Fi lead is always very emotionally reactive and has an emotional feeling with almost anything that happens in her life. shes also very aware of who and what she likes and dislikes. compare to type 4 in enneagram

Fi hidden agenda has a need to always be correct and ''good'', and not evil. compare to type 1 in enneagram

some examples of ILIs: Richard Dawkins, Jordan Peterson, Christopher Hitchens

some examples of ESIs: Till Lindemann, Marilyn Manson, Lady Gaga, Amy Winehouse

I hope that gives u a more clear distinction between the types.
    Christopher Hitchens *might* be ESI. There are some credible ESI typings for him I've seen.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@soft goats

Here's something I was thinking of. Let's say someone questions your self-typing (in the past before you questioned it now). Would you feel emotional about this? Would you feel hurt? Because I actually do feel hurt/emotional when people question my type. Everything @Number 9 large was saying about Fi lead was right on, from my ESI perspective. I think it's maybe a good metric to go on because ILI's I know wouldn't care if their type were questioned.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Isn't this easy: if every thought revolves around relation around you then it is Fi [even to a degree that they judge it by seeing things around them which is just strange]. If every thought revolves in time then it it s Ni by being throttled inner vortex of connectives giving political analysis for SEE politician.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Mrs.Tortilla
    Actually, I would be slightly curious and ask why they think my type is and why. However, I would probably be very skeptical because they have only ever seen my online posts that could be easily edited and offer little basis for personality typing. If I was younger I might get butthurt, but I don’t really care what people 500 miles away think of me.
    Last edited by Tzuyu; 04-15-2019 at 06:51 PM. Reason: a word

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Isn't this easy: if every thought revolves around relation around you then it is Fi [even to a degree that they judge it by seeing things around them which is just strange]. If every thought revolves in time then it it s Ni by being throttled inner vortex of connectives giving political analysis for SEE politician.
    idk.. 15% of my thoughts revolve around my close friends, 40% of my thoughts revolve around comics and drawing, 30% is just cool stuff from the internet, 15% idle dithering, and 10% is what I’ll do tomorrow... make what u will of it

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Mrs.Tortilla
    Actually, I would be slightly curious and ask why they think my type is and why. However, I would probably be very skeptical because they have only ever seen my online posts that could be easily edited and offer little basis for personality typing. If I was younger I might get butthurt, but I don’t really care what people 500 miles away think of me.
    Right. I would project that if I could but internally find it inexplicably hurtful. Lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

offer little basis for personality typing
    acceptable basis includes videointerview. the other is doubtful

> Join Date Aug 2017
    > Posts 5

2 years on the forum and so little messages

> What's the difference between fi leading and fi hidden agenda in a person's behavior?

strenght

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

> What's the difference between fi leading and fi hidden agenda in a person's behavior?

strenght
    lol.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What's the difference between fi leading and fi hidden agenda in a person's behavior?
    Priority, leading is much higher.

Note that intellect is independent of type and Fi types tend to hold emotion in until they erupt uncontrollably. Also, the way that you describe yourself does seem ESI-like.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Priority, leading is much higher.

Note that intellect is independent of type and Fi types tend to hold emotion in until they erupt uncontrollably. Also, the way that you describe yourself does seem ESI-like.

a.k.a. I/O
    FWIW, your avatar picture looks a bit more ESI than ILI. ESI’s tend to have very human avatar pictures, while ILI’s tend to have more inhuman, abstract ones. Or ones reflecting Fe-PoLR.
    Similarly, the username you chose was very human, evoking images of soft, furry animals nuzzling. ILI’s tend to choose harder, colder, time-related usernames.

By those two measures, I’d say it is more likely that you are ESI.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    By those two measures, I’d say it is more likely that you are ESI.
    P type is more possible