Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fp1 and Fp2 brain regions - Rationality vs. Irrationality?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I think that's a very straightforward explanation actually. The IM elements are general enough to include a wide range of activities. I wouldn't expect 1/16 of the population to be mechanics.
    It is far-fetched in the sense that it only explains one profession.

You cannot have it both ways. SiTe (ego) cannot both explain the medical profession and be general enough to include all professions.

But the process of diagnosing mechanical issues with a car is essentially the same as with the body of a human being: you look for symptoms (such as weird sounds), and try to get it back in working order. The goal is to keep it or get it back in good shape so that it benefits the user. You could say Si is more generally about physical condition.
    This is far-fetched... and it has nothing to do with Si in Socionics.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    It wasn't intended as a conclusion. If intelligence is distributed to also include the input processors of the brain, there's no reason why each processor couldn't have their own type characteristics.
    Well, it is possible but I think all functions or "processors" work in harmony. So auditory processor X implies visual processor X.

You had stated that "cognition is still dependent on different physical parts of the brain" but in order for Socionics theory to hold water, wouldn't type type have to be central in order that uniform characteristics be applicable to the entirety of information processing?.......
    Can you explain this a bit further?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ation-Elements

Se: "designing things based on what is at hand (creating new forms out of existing materials, and not based on abstract concepts" must correspond to "the mechanic" (TiSe).

Se: "analyzing situations of conflict" must correspond to SLE (SeTi).

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    It wasn't intended as a conclusion. If intelligence is distributed to also include the input processors of the brain, there's no reason why each processor couldn't have their own type characteristics. You had stated that "cognition is still dependent on different physical parts of the brain" but in order for Socionics theory to hold water, wouldn't type type have to be central in order that uniform characteristics be applicable to the entirety of information processing?.......

a.k.a. I/O
    Quick q, do you have the link to your article on info processing with IEs at hand? (The article about your ideas that you also refer to in your avatar.) I'd like to add something about it for you.

Heh, btw, "uniform characteristics be applicable to the entirety of information processing", that's kind of trying to bite off too much with a simplistic model.

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    excellent... btw that's mutual
    Good. Except I was not doing the personal bullcrap.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Knowledge of how things work (Te) is very important for health (Si). Just look at the medical profession, it's literally all about how to use knowledge of how your body works to improve or maintain its state of health. That's Te + Si. (...) But the process of diagnosing mechanical issues with a car is essentially the same as with the body of a human being: you look for symptoms (such as weird sounds), and try to get it back in working order. The goal is to keep it or get it back in good shape so that it benefits the user. You could say Si is more generally about physical condition.
    Actually you can approach that and all other "ST topics" with Ti/Se too, it's just going to be a different approach ofc, and less optimal for certain things compared to Si/Te (and vice versa).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12