0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 25.00%

0 0%

1 25.00%

1 25.00%

1 25.00%

Thread: Typing using Reinin Dichotomies - How would you rate this methodology?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Typing using Reinin Dichotomies - How would you rate this methodology?

I was wondering whether there are other people who use reinin for typing and whether you consider it to be a good typing methodology. If not, what criticism do you have of it?

How would you rate this methodology on a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being you reach high certainty of your typing through reinin.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

every time I want to type someone I open http://www.zhilkin.com/socio/en/ and try to fill, the problem is in the first few meetings, usually I can't guess the dichotomy right. and I usually face this problem: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...r-fit-together
    lately I mostly type based on guessing first the person's values (quadra) and then guessing if they are rational or irrational, and then comparing the two left types with them. ESI is easy to type for me, their cautious and elegant nature, and the way they speak or move follows a pattern.

typing based on quadra follows a thought pattern like this:

Beta: If I can imagine the person as a military officer I try to see if they are LSI or SLE. LSI if they are these strict suspicious people who are at core cool and SLE these fun cool people who are at core strict. anyone who is too romantic and theatrical I type EIE or IEI then see if they are ordering people around via Fe lead and Se HA, that is EIE, if they are working more in the background it is IEI.

Alpha: I try to see how superficially happy the person can be and how much they can enjoy the things I can't enjoy.

Gamma: this person usually feels different from the others but I can understand them. they value Fi but are not family oriented in a Delta way. they don't need approval from parents or other family members.

Delta: they enjoy Si much more than me but value Fi as well. they are like a combination of alpha fun seeking and gamma seriousness. they are more in the moment and less ambitious than gamma types

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Zero: yeah that's similar to my approach of the quadras, nice summary How about temperament, do you use this in your typing, like rationality/ irrationality dichotomies and, further, the static/dynamic dichotomy ?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    @Zero: yeah that's similar to my approach of the quadras, nice summary How about temperament, do you use this in your typing, like rationality/ irrationality dichotomies and, further, the static/dynamic dichotomy ?
    I think of it but dynamic/static usually doesn't work, since one has to really know someone for some time to detect their habits and lifestyle, for example SEEs always seemed like dynamic people to me but Se is actually static.
    Rational/Irrational to me is also difficult, maybe trying to see how much one person stays on one topic and one mindset through the conversation can indicate rational/irrational.
    my other favorite dichotomy which usually fails is negativist/positivist. for a while I couldn't understand how I can be a LIE while I am so suspicious about people's intentions and related this suspicion to being negativist and wondered if I am ILI, also in everything I saw a way how to improve it instead of the things itself, but it's enough to show a few pictures to a person or ask them to watch a movie together, the negativist usually sees the flaws. for example walking down the street with my ESI friend a person passes by and I notice and say: wow he/she is so fit and sporty! and ESI would say: I don't like his/her pants

what helps as well are the clubs. and then mixing them with some dichotomies. like: SF asking types ask alot of questions about people (for different reasons). NT declaring types talk alot about a theory they know well and are interested in (for different reasons). NF declaring types often declare their opinion about humanity and intentions and motivations behind the surface. etc

for example I saw a video in which gluenko explained the difference between LII and LSI. the manifestation of Ti in the types. he said the LSI would be interested in designing a perfect engine(ST) but LII would be interested in perfectig a theory(NT)
    Last edited by Zero; 09-18-2017 at 02:59 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's not classical hypothesis. It's very far from Jung. Anything such should not be trusted and hence did not used until will be experimentally proved.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Typings are either based in reality or based in imagination. Reality equates to the physical world. Tigers are real. Unicorns are not. I'm not opposed to developing dichotomies and ideas about the types, but they have to follow from reality, not reality made to fit into dichotomies which are the product of imagination.

Until the reinin dichotomies can be empirically validated by the Socionics New Wave groupings, that's how I see them. That said, I will use the reinin dichotomies to make arguments with after I have already propounded the individuals' type. I don't hold to it as a basis for the actual typings, though. It's more a type of fun exercise. But when a person thinks that fitting reality into these dichotomies equals a realistically based typing, they are simply building castles in the sky.

This subjective impressionism is no less easily cured by bringing on a "diagnositic team." Behavior is varied enough and socionic types certainly don't imply broader social behaviors....this is where I bring in my favorite analogy. At a criminal trial both sides can present a compelling argument for guilt or innocence. As the OJ and other criminal trials shows, juries can easily come to wrong or suspect conclusions. This is further confirmed by the number of decisions that have been overturned after the discovery of DNA evidence.

VI is the best typing method because it's the most objective. It is to socionics typing what DNA is to a criminal investigation. To this day, opponents of VI have failed to produce examples of identical twins that have diametrically opposed energy. Identical twins have identical vibes because they have identical physical markers. Double duh. Physical markers have evolved over time which gives human beings an ability to size each other up without having to go through 100 questions. What a waste not to take advantage of that. It's like a jury at a criminal trial putting more value on circumstantial evidence instead of DNA evidence.

That said, not all VI breakdowns are created the same. I assert that my VI breakdown for each socionics type is the most accurate and coherent. Socionics New Wave has dissolved the quadra values mythology and presents distinctions for subtypes. The VI is so comprehensive that no loose ends or outliers are left behind, so the good news is that socionics works. The bad news is that not everybody gets to be the type they believe they are. Although socionics.com chooses reality over imagination, it has chosen soft reality in its emphasis on facial expressions. In contrast, my breakdown is more specific to the way a person's eyes are physically constructed. Thus, my VI distinctions come out more subtle and refined.
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 09-18-2017 at 08:06 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asking/declaring and process/result are supremely useful.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post

what helps as well are the clubs. and then mixing them with some dichotomies. like: SF asking types ask alot of questions about people (for different reasons). NT declaring types talk alot about a theory they know well and are interested in (for different reasons). NF declaring types often declare their opinion about humanity and intentions and motivations behind the surface. etc
    I really like these groupings they are simple to follow and yes, good idea using asking/ declaring (taciturn/narrative).I only find illusive how this quality of being asking displays in ILE for instance since ILE speaks with much certainty and come across as narrative (declaring); there might be few other things that are difficult to pin down but i'll take what i can out of Reinin

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like these groupings they are simple to follow and yes, good idea using asking/ declaring (taciturn/narrative).I only find illusive how this quality of being asking displays in ILE for instance since ILE speaks with much certainty and come across as narrative (declaring); there might be few other things that are difficult to pin down but i'll take what i can out of Reinin
    the tone of voice is really important in determining asking/declaring. ILEs speak in a very unsure tone. there is a sense of "I don't care" in their tone of voice and facial expressions. and the way they talk is they expect a reaction from the other party, this sense of expecting the other to say and react is usually more typical of asking types I think.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    my other favorite dichotomy which usually fails is negativist/positivist. for a while I couldn't understand how I can be a LIE while I am so suspicious about people's intentions and related this suspicion to being negativist and wondered if I am ILI, also in everything I saw a way how to improve it instead of the things itself, but it's enough to show a few pictures to a person or ask them to watch a movie together, the negativist usually sees the flaws. for example walking down the street with my ESI friend a person passes by and I notice and say: wow he/she is so fit and sporty! and ESI would say: I don't like his/her pants
    Another thing I've noticed with negativist/positivist is that negativists will nag a lot. I was talking to LSE (negativist) about several issues in my life right now and every time we chat he comes up with questions to check on the progress i might have made with various issues and it happens every time we talk and it comes across as nagging lol

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not sure how valid all of the Reinin Dichotomies are, but I find the static/dynamic one very useful. Static and dynamic perceive reality quite differently. Static sees things as basically unchanging and when they do change, it's a sudden jump. Static thinks more in snapshots while dynamic constantly tracks all of the subtle changes and thinks more in terms of a video- constant motion.

A good static/dynamic exercise we did in a socionics workshop is to close your eyes and picture a meadow. Static sees it more as a snapshot, little to no motion. Dynamic see more motion, perhaps the grass blowing, a butterfly flying, etc.

The writing styles of static/dynamic are different too. Static tends to use shorter sentences, more dashes, pauses. Dynamic is more smooth flowing but too a static can seem like a big long run-on sentence. As a static type myself, I find myself having to strain myself at times to fully absorb highly dynamic writing.

The mental and vital rings in model A directly relate to the static/dynamic dichotomy. The mental ring is what you are more conscious of, mentally thinking about. It includes functions 1-4. The vital ring is more just doing it, more subconscious. It includes functions 5-8.

As it turns out, static types have all of the static functions (Se, Ne, Ti, Fi) in their mental ring and all of the dynamic functions (Te, Fe, Ni, Si) in their vital ring. It's exactly the reverse for dynamic types. Static and dynamic types are truly aware of very different things as a result.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Exception View Post
    I'm not sure how valid all of the Reinin Dichotomies are, but I find the static/dynamic one very useful. Static and dynamic perceive reality quite differently. Static sees things as basically unchanging and when they do change, it's a sudden jump. Static thinks more in snapshots while dynamic constantly tracks all of the subtle changes and thinks more in terms of a video- constant motion.

A good static/dynamic exercise we did in a socionics workshop is to close your eyes and picture a meadow. Static sees it more as a snapshot, little to no motion. Dynamic see more motion, perhaps the grass blowing, a butterfly flying, etc.

The writing styles of static/dynamic are different too. Static tends to use shorter sentences, more dashes, pauses. Dynamic is more smooth flowing but too a static can seem like a big long run-on sentence. As a static type myself, I find myself having to strain myself at times to fully absorb highly dynamic writing.

The mental and vital rings in model A directly relate to the static/dynamic dichotomy. The mental ring is what you are more conscious of, mentally thinking about. It includes functions 1-4. The vital ring is more just doing it, more subconscious. It includes functions 5-8.

As it turns out, static types have all of the static functions (Se, Ne, Ti, Fi) in their mental ring and all of the dynamic functions (Te, Fe, Ni, Si) in their vital ring. It's exactly the reverse for dynamic types. Static and dynamic types are truly aware of very different things as a result.
    How very interesting; where was this workshop?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How very interesting; where was this workshop?
    There is a local socionics interest group where I live (Minneapolis). I co-organize the group and we hold monthly meetups.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP