Thread: Type Him

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Him

I know this kind of typing isn't very accurate, so this is more or less just for fun. I'm also pretty much sure of his type, I just wonder what you guys come up with.

The Good

He's very artistic and creative person, who basically lives for culture and art. He's an extremely talented writer who knows how to work with words and metaphors in very original and ambitious ways. He loves experimental forms of art, and he likes to push the limits of what's known onto a whole new different level. He's great at working with ideas and developing them into very complex and sophisticated concepts. He gets a lot of his inspiration from the outside world, for example he sees a random person on the street and comes up with a whole story of his fictional life that would be fit for an experimental book. Besides books, he actually studies at a film university to become a screenwriter and a director. Not only is he good at picking up inspiration from the outside sources, and he can come up with a wonderful story for any basic object or a person around him, he's great at developing those ideas into very complex and vivid imaginary and follows through most of them.

His biggest passion when it comes to art is magical realism, he loves it when a story is based on reality, but it has fantastical and absurd moments or characters. He likes t tell the stores of ordinary people who live more or less ordinary lives, adding them an extra spice in a form of bizarre happenings on a verge of reality and imagination.

Not only does he create all the time, he also loves to study. He's very passionate about the theory and philosophy behind any artistic genre. He has his nose in the books all the time. He reads about 1 book per day, mostly about theory of film or literature, but he often reads a lot of fiction too. Whenever he gets passionate about a subject, he borrows and buys about 10 books to read up everything he can about it. He knows the whole history of film, literature and visual art as well. Whatever name or whatever film somebody mentions, it's more than certain he's watched it or at least read about it in a book. He's also fascinated by history and philosophy, he studies greek philosophers, and one of his favourite books is Plato's Republic. He also writes and works as a editor in chef for a book critic platform online. He says that if didn't go study screenwriting and directing, he'd choose to be a film or a book critic.

He's also read many books on modern philosophy, but some of them clash with his faith in God, so he rejects a lot of opinions in them. He's pretty religious, goes to church almost every Sunday and he cares about religious holidays and traditions connected with Christianity a lot.

When it comes to art, he likes independent art films, but he also likes more famous directors like Gaspar Noé, Woody Allen, and one of his favorite well known actors is Jim Carrey, because he loves his sense of humor. When it comes to music he listens to a lot of classics and opera, but he also likes indie, rock and metal. He's a very good singer as well with a voice range of over 4 octaves and sings in a heavy metal band.

He's a very ambitious man, who wants to achieve a lot in his life. He's very driven, hard working, goal oriented and I'd say almost pathologically competitive, he needs to be the best at almost everything he does. He's a chronic overachiever and he does everything on 150 %. Whenever he has an assignment at university, he finishes it weeks, sometimes months before the deadline. Whenever they have a voluntary work he always finishes it and brings some extra, because he does his research pretty excessively. He got almost all As and he'll most likely finish his studies with a red diploma.

He's one of the most sentimental people I've ever met. It's really easy to touch his feelings or make him cry, and he doesn't really try to cover up any of his emotions. He's emotionally pretty expressive, but not excessively. He rarely becomes dramatic or theatrical, but his emotions are overall very clear and vivid and he knows how to use them very well. I've made him cry few times, because I was rude or insensitive without really realizing it, usually it was because I said something personally offensive to him.

He's also great with people, great networker who makes friends extremely easily. Wherever he is, he knows how to adopt, he knows how to act, what to say, how to dress like to fit right into any circle of people. That's also the reason why most people really like him and consider him very charismatic and charming. He can't really sit quietly in a corner, he usually becomes the heart and soul of every group. He loves to attract attention and knows how to do it very well. He's a total showman a clown, an actor. He constantly tell jokes, makes fun of everything, and he often behaves like he's on a stage. A lot of people have told him that he should be a stand up comedian or a professional actor.

The bad

He's extremely stubborn and hard to argue with. Whenever he puts his mind onto something, nobody can talk him out of it. He's so sure of his ideas and he puts so much faith in his talent, he can't take any criticism. Whenever he thinks he's in the right to do or say something, he becomes really pushy and arrogant. He can't really swallow the fact that sometimes, he can be wrong too, or even worse, that he might lose or be the second best.

He can be very cocky sometimes and he likes to talk about his achievements and brilliant ideas a lot. Whenever he sees that people don't like them as much, he becomes really self protective and he's really needy of approval and affirmation. He sometimes presents himself as the most talented, most clever, most ambitious person and looks down on others. He really lacks humility.

He's also pretty snobbish and elitary, he mostly despise people who seem to lack talent, intelligence, and actually he judges ugly and fat people really harshly too. But paradoxically, he doesn't judge people based on groups e.g. he doesn't seem to be aristocratic. Anyway... he's a harsh judge, often full of negativity and he always sees whatever seems to be wrong with someone or something.

He's moody, sometimes he's very socialable, talkative and nice, other days he's all gloomy, silent and lost in thoughts. He has phases when he meets with people, and he's very friendly and attentive, and other phases, when he barely goes out of the apartment. He likes to talk about his moods, he often tells me that he feels melancholic or sad and he likes it when someone comforts him or at least pays his feelings some attention.

He's stingy and he doesn't like to spend money, usually he looks for the cheapest things when it comes to everything, even when he has money. He saves up a lot and he keeps on telling me that one day he'll be rich and invest in stocks.

He has no... rational thinking. I don't know if it's rational, but a lot of basic things just don't come up to him. Like for example, when we bought a new TV, I like to do my try and error thing. I like to figure out how stuff works on my own and usually intuitively figure it out, because all the TVs basically work the same and there's not much to think about. But no... he needs to read the manual, do it step by step and somehow he menages to fuck it up and break it anyway.

He also can't really tie his shoes and he totally sucks at basic life stuff. Like changing a light bulb is like asking him to do the most impossible thing. He did it once and whenever our friends came to visit, he keeps on braging about how he maneged to change it. I also told him to hang a picture on the wall and that was the biggest mistake ever. He made about 10 holes in the wall and the picture hangs on the sides. Now we're looking for the ways to cover up the extra 8 holes. He didn't even think about using a measuring tape, he just did it without giving a thought and he does that with most day to day affairs.

He's absolutely impractical and all head in the clouds when it comes to his thinking, I'm a totally impractical dreamer, but compared to him, my common sense is much, much better. He has none.

Sometimes, it's embarrassing to be with him in public, he for god sake doesn't know when to keep his mouth shout. He wears his heart on a sleeve and tells everything to everyone. When he doesn't do that, he tells jokes, but like... all the time... he's a jukebox for jokes. He also sometimes doesn't know when to stop talking. When he starts talking, it's really hard to stop him and he doesn't give anyone else a chance, he takes all the attention on himself.

TIM
    Umm
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds IEE...?

And also extremely annoying

Maybe ILE because I find him annoying
    Last edited by Moou; 03-29-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see that I have to add, that he's extremely organized, but I thought I made it clear in the description as well. He does everything step by step according to a plan. He hates to do something without a preparation and he does everything ahead of the deadline. He works and he's productive all the time. He most likely follows through his ideas, he rarely leaves something unfinished. He always works, then he relaxes, but it's actually pretty hard for him to relax. He's very hard working in a sense that he organizes his tasks really well and always completes them, making sure he's done the best work he could. Idk, I thought I made it clear in the OP.

So my questions are: Why p over j? Why Fi over Fe? Why Si over Se? @Moou and @Kiwi

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

to give him a test is better than to type by descriptions

TIM
    Umm
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I see that I have to add, that he's extremely organized, but I thought I made it clear in the description as well. He does everything step by step according to a plan. He hates to do something without a preparation and he does everything ahead of the deadline. He works and he's productive all the time. He most likely follows through his ideas, he rarely leaves something unfinished. He always works, then he relaxes, but it's actually pretty hard for him to relax. He's very hard working in a sense that he organizes his tasks really well and always completes them, making sure he's done the best work he could. Idk, I thought I made it clear in the OP.

So my questions are: Why p over j? Why Fi over Fe? Why Si over Se? @Moou and @Kiwi
    You have a good point. Maybe you are right. Although, he does seem more Ne lead than anything else. Could he be enneagram 3?? A lot of what you write sounds like that as well.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like an ILE I used to know.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems EIE or ILE.

I think he is more Ni creative. Kinda reminds me of EIEs. I'm also with the idea that the demonstrative function is what appears the most so Ne in his case.

And you mentioned him being very sentimental and moody, ambitious, reading many books, doing many things at once, they don't stop at all.
    Last edited by Kernel; 03-29-2019 at 11:07 PM.