0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Sinead O'Connor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sinead O'Connor

Ive always liked Sinead even though I havent kept up with her the last few years. I think she's infp but I could be mistaken. Whats your thoughts on this bald, beautiful, talented creature?http://www.sinead-oconnor.com/
    quotes: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...d_oconnor.html

Last edited by silke; 01-15-2017 at 09:15 PM. Reason: updated links

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp? Maybe?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I was thinking maybe that too, looking at some of those photos. She's interesting. She has her own way, thats for sure.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Hah, she reminds me of myself when I shaved my head. It takes a very strange female to shave their head. It really does. Love her music though some of it is very creepy. Which is quite good. Her type? I don't know!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj perhaps. Too fragile intuitive looking, and she's got this feeling of Delta and not an E so INFj I'd say

Yeah, I agree she does seem delta.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's so pretty she must be IxFP. Like Enya.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by heathiep
    she blew prince out of the water on nothing compares 2 u
    fuck yeah. that's about the only time anyone's blown prince out of the water, though.

i would
    die 4
    u!
    Interestingly, Prince did not sing that song. He wrote it and composed the music but it was sung by a short lived group he produced called the Family. Thats when I heard it first and actually liked the original version. But ah, Sinead IS better.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_(band) check it out.

Topaz

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    Hah, she reminds me of myself when I shaved my head. It takes a very strange female to shave their head. It really does. Love her music though some of it is very creepy. Which is quite good. Her type? I don't know!
    no you just have to be beautiful to shave it. god what a hassle, hair.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could quote you, msk, you are just that good.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Sinead O'Connor, Whats her type?

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Ive always liked Sinead even though I havent kept up with her the last few years. I think she's infp but I could be mistaken. Whats your thoughts on this bald, beautiful, talented creature?
    I would be surprised if she was ISTp...very surprised. My rule of thumb is to vote for INFp in these kind of cases.

Quote Originally Posted by msk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    no you just have to be beautiful to shave it. god what a hassle, hair.
    You suxorz.

Sweeeeeeeet Jane. Oh!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Sinead O'Connor, Whats her type?

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Ive always liked Sinead even though I havent kept up with her the last few years. I think she's infp but I could be mistaken. Whats your thoughts on this bald, beautiful, talented creature?
    I would be surprised if she was ISTp...very surprised. My rule of thumb is to vote for INFp in these kind of cases.
    Im starting to think she is intp.

Topaz

INTps are so hot. I don't know, she could be INTp. I think of most music people as INFps.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    ISTp? Maybe?
    I've considered that. And INTp. And INFj. Hard for me to be as objective in this case, since I can relate to her a lot in some ways (in terms of inner disposition) yet have wavered, over the years, on knowing my own type.

Reviving this thread for more input, please.

Creepy-bg

I'd hit it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've gone back to thinking the most obvious type for her - INFj.

She's a good example of what happens when one's own personality is excessively introjected into one's theology. It is human nature for one to view G*d in ways most pleasing to one's own psyche, apart from "certain forms of external intervention", overemphasizing qualities we are most in touch with inside ourselves and undervaluing, even ignoring, others. This is the essence of paganism, in a way - to define "God" according to one's own image through such projection. But I believe "the truth" of G*d's attributes/character, being perfect, actually lies in perfect middles (to put it crassly) among cognitive functions ... ugh, surely transcends the paradigm, too ... OK, i'm in over my head and should refrain from further comment now!

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    I've gone back to thinking the most obvious type for her - INFj.

She's a good example of what happens when one's own personality is excessively introjected into one's theology. It is human nature for one to view G*d in ways most pleasing to one's own psyche, apart from "certain forms of external intervention", overemphasizing qualities we are most in touch with inside ourselves and undervaluing, even ignoring, others. This is the essence of paganism, in a way - to define "God" according to one's own image through such projection. But I believe "the truth" of G*d's attributes/character, being perfect, actually lies in perfect middles (to put it crassly) among cognitive functions ... ugh, surely transcends the paradigm, too ... OK, i'm in over my head and should refrain from further comment now!
    just currious... why the asterisks?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    I could quote you, msk, you are just that good.
    wow cone didn't hate me all the time after all.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think IEI is fairly obvious. In all her singing, she pours out the Fe backed by Ni. Her lyrics are often esoteric or "longing", and those she collaborates with - Moby, Massive Attack - have a Ni preference in their music. She has a melancholic attitude and sound I could only ever attribute to Fe.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I think IEI is fairly obvious. In all her singing, she pours out the Fe backed by Ni. Her lyrics are often esoteric or "longing", and those she collaborates with - Moby, Massive Attack - have a Ni preference in their music. She has a melancholic attitude and sound I could only ever attribute to Fe.
    yeah but that thing with the pope was very non-IEI of her.

an IEI would have known that those actions would ruffle everybody's feathers and drive her into obscurity.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    yeah but that thing with the pope was very non-IEI of her.
    What thing with the Pope?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    What thing with the Pope?

she burned a photograph of the pope during a performance on saturday night live. offended a lot of people and her credibility sank to a low from which she has never recovered.

ILE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    If an IEI REALLY REALLY cares about an issue, she WILL express her emotions and her stance on it. Fe cares about honesty in expression of motive (and such) just as much as it does about creating a good mood, and sometimes the first must by necessity win out. The potential civic activist ENFj is her mirror, and they can do the same thing.
    true....it's just that you don't see this as often with IEI's. usually they want to keep a smooth mood and good relations with everybody.

ILE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, she really did that? I gotta buy her whole album collection!!!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she's EII

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    I think she's EII
    Same. I like the Socionix gallery, but it was a little strange seeing her typed as ESTp there. So I had to bump this. I think it's irascible Fi behavior (mixed with personal disappointments and her admitted bi-polarism), rather than Se. I'm capable of the same thing in my own concerns.. But it could be that I'm clueless on my type (always that possibility ). And fwiw, she was never really out to cause an big upheaval in her antics. As far as I know, it's simply a moral correction to her and she's very universalistic/inclusive in general (also, she's an ordained priest now, in some offshoot of Catholicism. She's a very moralistic Christian in her own way. People who liked her for the anti-pope thing end up disillusioned with her too).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    No takers for SLI or LSE?
    Actually, I think I should put my foot in my mouth. She's not EII (haven't really paid attention to video interviews before).

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I saw her being typed as ESTp somewhere though she doesn't immediately strike me as such. Irrational + constructivist was the impression that I got from her interviews.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't see SLE, but her type is elusive. looks a bit like scapegrace. maybe ili?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked her until she made an ass of herself trying to patronize Miley Cyrus. Annoying ethical judging type.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4069397.html

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So SEI-Si it is.

I highly recommend all her music, not just a few hits. She is one of the most talented artists of the times. I love her Gospel Oak EP and Universal Mother got better and better with every listen. Her version of Chiquitita is so endearing. You Put Your Arms Around Me. So many great songs. The Foggy Dew with the Chieftains. You Made Me the Thief Of Your Heart. Gosh if only more good music like hers was rightly popularized instead of so much of the corporate trash.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    she burned a photograph of the pope during a performance on saturday night live. offended a lot of people and her credibility sank to a low from which she has never recovered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    She did it to protest the Catholic Church's lack of cracking down on priests who molested altar boys. The epidemic raged on for decades and she was making a statement. She was a victim of abuse herself but of a different kind. Not all peace is worth preserving.

This situation was very different than that of Madonna who had masturbated on stage with a cross during the late 1980s. The British Royalty banned Madonna from ever performing in the UK again.

To me it's silly to say this pope statement of sinead genuinely killed her popularity. In truth she just grew greater in her artistry that was too profound and awesome for mainstream radio and corporate sponsorship not to mention her softer songs are not what originally won the public's attention...
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...