Thread: Alphas and body movement

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alphas and body movement

How do you view the Alpha movements, how do you move?
    Last edited by Iwantpeace; 09-02-2020 at 09:12 PM.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I move pretty lazily but efficiently I guess lol. I do also kinda walk with a purpose, I can be impatient to get somewhere since the destination is always in the back of my mind telling me there's no time to stop, I've been told I walk too fast... but if I don't move fast It feels restraining.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kimu View Post
    I walk with great passion as I step forward towards my ultimate goal, the destination in my mind. As I walk this pass, nothing shall be an interference as I am one with the world. The way body moves can be compared to that of a geysir, vaporizing at it's highest point, letting myself sink simply sieze exsistence, until I have reached my destination. Then I shall be born again, from the water of life, and complete the mission I once set.

wait i forgot this is me too!

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Idk i sit pretty weird, i put my legs on the desk at home when I'm on the computer.

Definitely wouldn't call me graceful though..

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sit in a pretty limber-y/pretzely-y way. Things I do while sitting:
    • Putting my arm on the back rest
    • Sitting sideways on my chair, so one shoulder is against the back rest and one shoulder is facing out
    • Putting one knee on top of each other
    • Sitting cross-legged on a chair
    • Stretching one of my legs out

I guess it's one part trying to reduce tension in your body which comes from sitting in one way too much, one part wanting to signal (to myself and others) that I'm relaxed and I don't think we should be too formal.

I guess the former (reduce tension) is about , the latter (not too formal) is about and . I also think it provides stimulation.

I've also been told I walk quickly. I think there's a kind of tedium in commuting which I like to avoid, and that's best done by being fast. Also, by being fast you need to think more, which is probably more stimulating. Trying to time traffic lights, trying to figure out if someone will be around the corner, etc.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I tend to pace. I what I do before each class is walk about the premise, often reading the posters, possibly even if I have already read them.

I often tend to pace while watching something, although typically only when I’m alone, my family doesn’t like it. And that’s without talking to myself about the content of the show I am watching.

When I’m in a chair, I’ll try to get myself as comfortable as possible. That usually means either balling up on it, or putting my legs up on the table. Also, it depends on the temperature. When it is cold, I’ll typically ball up. When it is warm, I’ll spread myself out. A popular position is to lie sideways on this armchair we have. Probably not good for the back.

When I use the computer, I have a system. Laptop in lap, mouse to the right of me. Left hand is for typing, right hand stays on the mouse unless there is no need to click very much. Then, I’ll use the track pad. I use the right hand for typing sometimes, but not always, and in typing, I do each letter with the pointer finger. I’m still above average in typing speed somehow though.

As for walking, I try to be as effecient as possible. I’m absolutely certain that I do it wrong though.

I have been described as stiff before, but I don’t remember who did the description.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kimu View Post
    I walk with great passion as I step forward towards my ultimate goal, the destination in my mind. As I walk this pass, nothing shall be an interference as I am one with the world. The way body moves can be compared to that of a geysir, vaporizing at it's highest point, letting myself sink simply sieze exsistence, until I have reached my destination. Then I shall be born again, from the water of life, and complete the mission I once set.
    this is awesome.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I am relaxed, I tend to mold to the shape of the comfortable apparatus that I am resting in, often with one or both of my feet on the same plane as my butt (in other words, with my knees up). Sometimes I like to cross my feet if they are on the floor.

When I am not relaxed, or unaware of how relaxed I am, I am generally very tense. My muscles, especially in my back and shoulders, tend to be uncomfortably taut, hence I am an aficionado of back rubs.

Despite my rigidity, my posture is pretty bad. I tend to hunch over my shoulders, especially when standing, making me look shorter than I truly am. I try to force myself to have good posture in scenarios where having a height advantage is advantageous (there are many), though I should really force myself to have good posture all the time to avoid future back problems.

As for my movements, many people observe them to be somewhat rigid and awkward. Apparently, when I am startled, I jerk my hands near to my breastbone with the hands held limply, looking sort of like a diminutive T-rex.

I am told that my gait is "robotic" when I'm operating without interaction with others. When I am walking and interacting with others, I tend to lose focus on the "walking" part and often take erratic paths unconsciously. I also tend to pace if something significant is on my mind. I prefer to walk quickly if I have a clear destination in mind.

I am quite clumsy, and tend to bump into walls and corners. Fortunately, I'm not usually walking forcefully enough to cause significant injury to myself.

When in conversation, I don't gesture much, but when I do, it is more like gesticulation, and is usually the result of an emotional response or exaggeration. In these scenarios, the awkwardness persists, and I end up looking like a mad old conductor of an orchestra.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ that was.... so curiously specific and blocks of texts usually paralyze me, but i enjoyed reading that whole tidbit up there. reminded me of a lemony snicket thingamabob

i am VERY relaxed 99% of the time. i am pretty flexible so u can usually find me foot up and arm tucked in wherever it can tuck in depending on where im sitting. im pretty aware when it comes to posture tho so i make sure to fix myself whenever i feel like any part of my body is being strained. also, i waddle when i walk but i cant help it. lol i have a little bow to my legs just a lil one! ive also been told i am graceful? idk i just try to be soft w my movements cuz i dont wanna bother most ppl
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have no idea. People might say that I do weird positions. Like kneeling and putting my chest on chair while I write with pen on a paper that is on another chair. Just give an example.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

HOW THE WAY YOU SIT REFLECTS ON YOUR OWN PERSONALITY <---- this is a link, click it

I think I sit with my arms on my lap, but crossing eachother... my legs also like to cross eachother. I don't know, I guess I just like touching myself. I feel as if I need to be constantly grounded by something... I need to touch something or else I feel uneasy, so crossing arms helps with that, so does crossing legs. I don't know why, I just like to feel the pressure of something against my skin. I fidget alot too, I do the bouncy leg thing mentioned too, and sometimes play with my hair if I'm bored. is any of this relevant? Hey it was mentioned in the article about Temperaments so might as well include details about fidgeting...

SO APPARENTLY I AM "protective, thoughtful, analytical, calm, collected, unassuming, sensitive.... BUT also organized, timely, detail oriented,..... "

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I kneel because I'm bad at finding good position. I prefer kneeling only when I can put my upper body on top of something. It is weird. It is like laying and sitting at the same time. Pure kneeling is not going to happen.

Without support it is usually cross legged or reclined.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Oooh I like kneeling too sometimes, when I'm on the ground... I relate to the description of how kneeling means you want to be active and easily available... since it takes less energy to get up and move around when you're sitting on the back of your feet.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fvaelynn View Post
    Oooh I like kneeling too sometimes, when I'm on the ground... I relate to the description of how kneeling means you want to be active and easily available... since it takes less energy to get up and move around when you're sitting on the back of your feet.
    Problem with kneeling is that it hurts your knees.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko