Thread: Delta Quotes

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love medieval/renaissance music.

Past Time With Good Company is good too.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ma fave

I know not that I was of a self-reliant or active nature; but self-reliance and exertion were forced on me by circumstances, as they are upon thousands besides;
    ​Jane Eyre
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    ENFp-IEE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons are real, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - GK Chesterton/Neil Gaiman

"Love people, not things. Use things, not people." - Spencer W. Kimball

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I love the second quote Conorrrr

More Te "you have to expect things from yourself before you can do them" Michael Jordan
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENFp-IEE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so I have more!!

"Ideals are like the stars - you can't touch them with your hands, but by following them you reach your destination." - Thomas S. Monson

"No love is ever wasted. It's worth does not lie in reciprocity." - Neal A. Maxwell

"It feels so good to be lost in the right direction." - Unknown

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Francois de La Rochefoucauld, sounds like an EII sx/sp.

One forgives to the degree that one loves.

The sure mark of one born with noble qualities is being born without envy.

True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen.

In the human heart new passions are forever being born; the overthrow of one almost always means the rise of another.

If it requires great tact to speak to the purpose, it requires no less to know when to be silent.

We would frequently be ashamed of our good deeds if people saw all of the motives that produced them.

We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

As great minds have the faculty of saying a great deal in a few words, so lesser minds have a talent of talking much, and saying nothing.

Few people have the wisdom to prefer the criticism that would do them good, to the praise that deceives them.

It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.

Too great haste to repay an obligation is a kind of ingratitude.

We credit scarcely any persons with good sense except those who are of our opinion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE:
    What are you going to do tonight
    What are your plans for this evening
    You have to play the game
    She knows how to play the game and she will win because she's vindictive; she's that type of person

EII:

Be gracious
    Be kind
    Think of others
    She wasn't thinking of that
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    My INFj aunt always says that men (and women) who hire prostitutes should die right now
    I don't see myself saying such things
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE

It's solid
    It's quality
    Think about it
    Don't give me a long story, just say yes or no

EII
    I love people. I think they are beautiful.
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While at breakfast:

EII, to LSE while others are talking: I can't eat anymore. I want to, but it won't fit.
    LSE: Eat your orange slice.

Later:
    EII: I thought he [the waiter] was going to bring me a box.
    Everyone else: It's right there next to you.
    LSE: Are you sure you should be driving?

I know those are snippets taken out of context, but trust me that in the moment I felt so much Delta-ishness going on, particularly on the caregiver/infantile axis.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta quotations

It just occurred to me that these quotations I particularly like are pretty delta, especially when taken together:

"If you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, it's your world for a moment."
    - Georgia O'Keeffe

"Deprived of meaningful work, men and women lose their reason for existence; they go stark, raving mad."
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is."
    - unknown

So now I'm curious: what are some of the quotations other deltas like most?

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"If anyone tells you that a certain person speaks ill of you, do not make excuses about what is said of you but answer, 'He was ignorant of my other faults, else he would not have mentioned these alone.'" ~ Epictetus

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    "If anyone tells you that a certain person speaks ill of you, do not make excuses about what is said of you but answer, 'He was ignorant of my other faults, else he would not have mentioned these alone.'" ~ Epictetus
    I love this!
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

“I believe that if, at the end of it all, according to our abilities, we have done something to make others a little happier, and something to make ourselves a little happier, that is about the best we can do. To make others less happy is a crime. To make ourselves unhappy is where all crime starts. We must try to contribute joy to the world. That is true no matter what our problems, our health, our circumstances. We must try.” ~ Roger Ebert

“I enjoy almost everything. Yet I have some restless searcher in me. Why is there not a discovery in life? Something one can lay hands on and say, “This is it”? My depression is a harassed feeling. I'm looking: but that's not it - that's not it. What is it? And shall I die before I find it? Then (as I was walking through Russell Square last night) I see the mountains in the sky: the great clouds; and the moon which is risen over Persia; I have a great and astonishing sense of something there, which is “it.” It is not exactly beauty that I mean. It is that the thing is in itself enough: satisfactory; achieved.” ~ Virginia Woolf

“Lie on the bridge and watch the water flowing past. Or run, or wade through the swamp in your red boots. Or roll yourself up and listen to the rain falling on the roof. It's very easy to enjoy yourself.” ~ Tove Jansson

“Nevertheless the passions, whether violent or not, should never be so expressed as to reach the point of disgust; and music, even in situations of the greatest horror, should never be painful to the ear but should flatter and charm it, and thereby always remain music.”~ Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

“To think that drugs can be a symbol of rebellion in the 1990s is just so naive and old-fashioned. In the 1990s, it's a lot more subversive to go out and read a book.” ~ Nicky Wire

“I believe that if, at the end of it all, according to our abilities, we have done something to make others a little happier, and something to make ourselves a little happier, that is about the best we can do. To make others less happy is a crime. To make ourselves unhappy is where all crime starts. We must try to contribute joy to the world. That is true no matter what our problems, our health, our circumstances. We must try.” ~ Roger Ebert

In 1934, the dying composer Edward Elgar feebly whistled to a friend the theme from his Cello Concerto and said, “If ever you're walking on the Malvern Hills and hear that, don't be frightened. It's only me.”

Journalist: “How is it in Finland?
    “Well, the summer in Finland is fishing and fucking. And in the winter … it is difficult to fish.” - Kimi Räikkönen

“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.” ~ Gary Lineker

“Sir James never ceased to regard Dorothea’s second marriage as a mistake; and indeed this remained the tradition concerning it in Middlemarch, where she was spoken of to a younger generation as a fine girl who married a sickly clergyman, old enough to be her father, and in little more than a year after his death gave up her estate to marry his cousin — young enough to have been his son, with no property, and not well-born. Those who had not seen anything of Dorothea usually observed that she could not have been “a nice woman,” else she would not have married either the one or the other.

Certainly those determining acts of her life were not ideally beautiful. They were the mixed result of young and noble impulse struggling amidst the conditions of an imperfect social state, in which great feelings will often take the aspect of error, and great faith the aspect of illusion. For there is no creature whose inward being is so strong that it is not greatly determined by what lies outside it. A new Theresa will hardly have the opportunity of reforming a conventual life, any more than a new Antigone will spend her heroic piety in daring all for the sake of a brother’s burial: the medium in which their ardent deeds took shape is forever gone. But we insignificant people with our daily words and acts are preparing the lives of many Dorotheas, some of which may present a far sadder sacrifice than that of the Dorothea whose story we know.

Her finely touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.” ~ George Eliot
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 11-19-2016 at 11:32 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"With educated people, I suppose, punctuation is a matter of rule; with me it is a matter of feeling. But I must say I have a great respect for the semi-colon; it's a very useful little chap."

- Abraham Lincoln (IEE)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some EII input:

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan moves on."

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving." Albert Einstein, IEE
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123