Page 78 of 199 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,120 of 7924

Thread: Your typing of forum members

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think, @Adam Strange? You typed me LII as well.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Para,

I think you are an I and F type, fwiw. Maybe LII just by overall persona.

SEI, IEI could be possible.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    What do you think, @Adam Strange? You typed me LII as well.
    I watched a bit of your video, and you look LII to me.

That might change upon further listening, but I can't do that right now.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange @Finaplex

Thank you.
    Seems to be consensus on Introverted type.

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    https://youtu.be/xj5kKkOCJCo

Putting this up, mainly because i've seen @Kill4Me and @Beautiful sky type categorically, and i would like for them to look at my video.

I'm going to remove it soon again, as i'm shy and thus uncomfortable with these things, but anyone else who wants to comment are very free to chime in - please be overbearing with my soul-crushing accent.

I lean towards SLI at the moment. (with ILI as next possibility)
    You look a lot like someone I've met before. I think he was either ILI or LII though I never spoke to him directly. Only heard his comments since he was in a class of mine. I'll give further comments when I watch your video in full.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    You look a lot like someone I've met before. I think he was either ILI or LII though I never spoke to him directly. Only heard his comments since he was in a class of mine. I'll give further comments when I watch your video in full.
    Thank you. I'll look forward to it.

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@para

Impression-based typing has failed me (probably because I'm very new at it). Having watched your video, I don't think you're ILI or LII. Ni is apparent, but I think you're an ethical type. Consider the options. If you were LII, then your phrases would be bounded by structure given that Ti would be your default mode of processing; however, even outside the context of metaphors, your words are often deliberately vague/ambiguous. That makes them more poetic at the cost of comprehensibility by the listener. This isn't a good or bad thing, just something I noticed. I think an Ni demonstrative type would use the vagueness of Ni more strictly i.e. to create analogies or metaphors rather than as a base means of communication like you seem to use it. I think they would use Ni as a tool to further their Ji program - to add ambiguity in situations where precision or firm judgment is not possible. So, I think Ni base is more likely. Some more evidence in support of that regards your relationship with your body. To paraphrase, you say that you are very anxious about typically Si aspects (sleep schedule, food intake, bodily signals). That sounds like Si role to me since Reinin describes the role function as the "zone of fears" function. It's the function that we don't "value" (I put quotations because value here is a little ambiguous - we all love good food, but that doesn't mean we value Si) but still want to maintain according to societal standards. Si role types don't want to deal with Si related things but still feel guilt or anxiety when they neglect it too much - it is in the superego block, after all.

Some evidence against this: you say that foresight, seeing the best option, etc. have not "captured [you] or been [your] drive". This would be unlikely for an Ni dominant type as Ni would be the central value. However, the value comes more in the form of thinking and imagining these options rather than just using foresight. It's about creating mental imagery with regards to how processes are likely to unfold. Does this sound like you?

I don't have as good a reason to distinguish between IEI and ILI. You don't seem as disagreeable or negativist as a typical ILI would be, which leans me towards IEI. However, you demonstrate very little Fe in this video, which would point against that. I think your method of communication fits an IEI's better than an ILI's - it's more expressive than it is factual. Moreover, you just "seem" more like an IEI than an ILI, which is an irrational thing to say but one that I think fits nonetheless. Perhaps your main interests could distinguish between Te valuing and Fe valuing. Te valuers pay more attention to finances, factual data, technical subjects, etc. Fe valuers pay more attention to emotions, expression, understanding others, etc. Having one valued means the other is PoLR if you are Ni base, meaning that it can make a big difference.

The last thing I should say with respect to socionics is that you do give me an EII impression in your video. However, besides the "wanting to be true to yourself" comments (which could also be Fe), I couldn't naturally connect anything you were saying to Fi base, so I don't think it's likely. Some of the stuff you say in the first 5 minutes or so could be connected, but I think it's more Ni than Fi (self-awareness is a subtle thing to talk about with respect to Ni and Fi). I think the impression comes from the fact that EIIs are typically very peaceful, emotionally unexpressive people, and so they present themselves very similarly to type 9s.

Enneagram-wise, I think you are certainly an ego type (5, 9, or 4). Your tritype could perhaps be all three (my guess is 954), though tritype is debated and so I'll let you determine if you want to use it or not. I don't think 4 is as likely since it's primarily concerned with creating a personal and unique identity, which you didn't really talk about in the values section. My guess is that a 4 would talk much more about that since forming a unique identity is their core motivation.

Of the two types, I think type 9 is more likely than type 5 since you don't really talk about a fear of incompetence or not having enough knowledge to survive in the outside world (or anything related to that since the chances of talking about those particular things is near 0 unless you're talking about it in an enneagram context). That being said, unless you're a 1 dimensional person, determining core fears and motivations tends to require more information and a lot of self-reflection. However, I think 5w4 and 9wX are likely possibilities (I'm uncertain about the 9 wing).
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FarDraft
    Thank you for the comprehensive and thoughtful write-up, it is very considerate of you. (now i feel bad at how sloppy my own was )

Having watched your video, I don't think you're ILI or LII. Ni is apparent, but I think you're an ethical type. Consider the options. If you were LII, then your phrases would be bounded by structure given that Ti would be your default mode of processing; however, even outside the context of metaphors, your words are often deliberately vague/ambiguous. That makes them more poetic at the cost of comprehensibility by the listener.
    This is something that definitely could be an argument for ethical type. I have a distinct tendency to regard language as something which does not tell truth or exactness by itself, but that it can inspire and create internal situations of importance, so to speak. I regard logical consistency as important, but only if that is a premise that is agreed upon. Language does not have to conform to those 'barriers', if that isn't the ultimate teleology or finality of it. I regard the imagery that language can create in oneself to be of larger importance than a consistency that ultimately says nothing about the world or us. (of course, the structure itself says something about the world, it just does not directly appeal to my personal meaning.)

To concretely adress what you've written here, i've often been criticised for exactly that - vagueness that is too general, overarching or non-concrete. It seems that, to some and even myself sometimes, i speak, think and write for my own personal unfolding. This seems to fit together with the idea that i wish to imbue imagery or meaning in my communication, and not necessarily strict, factual, logical connections.

Some evidence against this: you say that foresight, seeing the best option, etc. have not "captured [you] or been [your] drive". This would be unlikely for an Ni dominant type as Ni would be the central value. However, the value comes more in the form of thinking and imagining these options rather than just using foresight. It's about creating mental imagery with regards to how processes are likely to unfold. Does this sound like you?
    I do not directly relate with ''seeing the best option'', although this might just be circumstantial, in that a lack of situations where i can express that ability in a formulaic way. (if i do possess it)

But, the imagining of processes/states/thoughts in abstract imagery and imagining of various outcomes i can relate to - the things i imagine are often fantastical or not bound to things i might consider (which i think seems more Ne than Ni valuing), but they often come in themes, feelings, nebulousness. I also have a tendency to observe and mold my thoughts and perception to the point where i often fall into doubt whether my thoughts really are 'primordial and inherent' or constructed by my own inevitable understanding of Socionics. (they're both correct)
    I derive great satisfaction and self-strengthening in my imagination, and i imagine it as the core of myself - but this is a facet that all humans possess, i would imagine.

I don't have as good a reason to distinguish between IEI and ILI. You don't seem as disagreeable or negativist as a typical ILI would be, which leans me towards IEI. However, you demonstrate very little Fe in this video, which would point against that. I think your method of communication fits an IEI's better than an ILI's - it's more expressive than it is factual. Moreover, you just "seem" more like an IEI than an ILI, which is an irrational thing to say but one that I think fits nonetheless. Perhaps your main interests could distinguish between Te valuing and Fe valuing. Te valuers pay more attention to finances, factual data, technical subjects, etc. Fe valuers pay more attention to emotions, expression, understanding others, etc. Having one valued means the other is PoLR if you are Ni base, meaning that it can make a big difference.
    I usually am more factually oriented in communication with others, but internally i am more oriented towards images, sensations, pulses, feelings, thoughts etc.
    I have no real drive to really express and undestand, to be a guidance in the emotional realm to others. So i have thought T type based on not my focus on *logic*, but on my lack of focus on ethics, externally. I have often been criticised for being selfish, criticial, cynical IN prescence of others, but i am much softer, more sage-like alone. I often feel troubled by my communication with others, as if i don't really understand how to act, and i have a distinct disregard for the traditions and ways of the world, something i see more as Fe PoLR than anything else - disregard of the external ethical situation. Where i do feel a responsibility is in moral actions towards others and fairness, although i can't always uphold this ideal - which i've interpreted as low, but valued Fi. How i appear in the video is a lot more like my internal world, since i did not take notice of my problems with communication there - i want to stress still that English is not my mother tounge, so vagueness might also stem from that to a certain extent.

I do not think i am EII, based on the simple fact that i do not think i am rational. I did type as LII first, though.

I have not really gotten into enneagram much, so i'll refrain from commenting at the moment. I will take your suggestions into consideration, though.
    I hope this is intelligible, i've written it hastily.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sol cognizes morality through Fi/Ne. His response from "what is morality?", as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    feelings, relations linked with them
    For Fi/Ne confirmation on Sol, see Beautiful Sky's more elaborative reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I had to remind my husband to call his mom this weekend and check up on her to make sure that she was feeling better because she was sick. Morality of relationships operated like this in me “it’s not right to not be concerned for a sick family member, your own mother no less. The right thing to do is to call and see if she’s okay.” So I told the extrovert to call her while I took care of baby. Aspire to humanism
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...orality-to-you

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is about as antithetical to Ni-lead cognition as is humanly possible:

As far as I know (I'm in uni too, so take this with a grain of salt), surviving in the real world is about grinding out tasks that you may or may not want to do for some reward, usually financial compensation. That means not screwing around and wasting time. It takes common sense (which ILIs are usually good at) since you have to not be stupid with who you deal with or which tasks you decide to take up (although you often have no choice here). With time and luck, promotions come and a greater reward comes with perhaps greater effort put in.

I too would like to do something I love (that also makes a lot of money). However, the world often doesn't work like that and to end up doing something that you love often means do a lot of things first. It's too often I see people throw away their lives because they wanted to "do what they love" and they end up hating what they love because they can't survive off it. Don't be stupid with this stuff. Be pragmatic about it and realize what's needed to be done for basic comfort first.
    Fe/Si (^) aptly expresses and reflects mainstream values. Obvious Ni PoLr is obvious.

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    This is about as antithetical to Ni-lead cognition as is humanly possible:

Fe/Si (^) aptly expresses and reflects mainstream values. Obvious Ni PoLr is obvious.
    I said to take it with a grain of salt for a reason. Those aren't my complete thoughts since my analysis of life isn't 9 bloody sentences. And if I'm so wrong, mind explaining, in detail, why I'm wrong? Perhaps you could explain, in detail, why this one piece of data is enough to conclude Ni PoLR? How are these mainstream in the first place? Do you actually think I explained all my thoughts? Is everyone with "mainstream" views Ni PoLR? What are your methods? Explain or none of your comments mean anything to me and anyone else with a brain.

I asked for justification, not for you to make a fool of yourself. Step up your game. Actually face my challenges for once instead hiding behind the veneer of idiotic comments with no substance. You're supposed to be good at analyzing things, right? So fucking do it.

EDIT: I should also add that if you want me to take you more seriously, then actually respond to my responses. If you're not willing to engage in a discussion, then I have no reason to listen since you'd just be a close-minded, irrational person. I have no problem with holding my own intellectually. If you want to see if I'm lying about that, then debate me in your responses rather than creating bland over-generalizations and providing nothing of substance.

EDIT2: To not be a hypocrite, let me add this critique. Let's assume that that post isn't Ni lead cognition, even when that post is completely outside the dominion of evidence that can be used to determine cognition. Then, what type of cognition is it? You claim it's Ni PoLR. That would imply that I lack the ability to accurately manage time and lack the ability to construct the whole picture from the details. If I were poor at time management, then I would not have survived as long as I have (survived I mean actually doing decently and stuff). Given that my parents forced me to undertake a number of extra-curricular activities in high school, not having strong time management skills would have meant that I was under constant stress or continually on the move. But instead I was as languid as I am currently and I never missed a deadline. Moreover, constructing the system from the details is essentially interpolating by creating linear and nonlinear connections. Any sort of problem solving requires such thinking and I think I'm pretty good at problem solving. I should also add that I'm not one to mistime actions. I'm not an impulsive person and so I know when to do things and when not to do them. This was actually a praise from my taekwondo coach since, when sparring, I knew exactly when to move and which attacks were coming.

I'm bragging too much... perhaps I am a 3...... or maybe I'm just not being asked the right questions to actually reveal my weaknesses...
    Last edited by FarDraft; 04-02-2019 at 02:24 AM.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may be impolite, but...
    Do you have an opinion on my type, @Kill4Me?

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

New Additions: Oppai Anschluss, Alonzo, Fardraft, VenusRose, lelelewomanwomanwoman, Floozy, Araz

ILE-Ti: Myst, Transkar, LuchoisLurking, JWC3, MadCity, Troll NR 007, Falsehope
    ILE-Ne: Geneiouws, Lagerdemon, Cubazoan, Nickelslick, Hitta, dangerbird89

ESE-Fe: Chipsnunderwear, Suz, Inumbra, Subteigh, Kalinoche, FlutteringShyx, Mrrrmaid, Fardraft
    ESE-Si: Mu4, Wacey, Xerx, Esaman, KrigtheViking, Hacim, Little Timmy

LII-Ti: N0ki/Zap, Muddy, Reactance, User Name, Bertrand
    LII-Ne: Kimuchi/kimu, Zero, Vers, Vesstheastralsilky

SEI-Si: johannesbloem, chriscorey, the whole English, lelelewomanwomanwoman
    SEI-Fe: BnD, crazedrat, dinky, Neokortex, Pallas Athena, Coeruleum

SLE-Se: herzy, mercutio/satan, ananke, idontgiveaf
    SLE-Ti: agee, kill4me

LSI-Se: Spider, Missbabydoll, Pole, Aramas, Karatos
    LSI-Ti: Rocky, Hamouchou

IEI-Fe: Allie, Pink, SisofNight, Cassandra, Fay, Summer Princess, Xiavay
    IEI-Ni: Starfall/Fox, Glam, Elina, Strrrng, Velvet, Penny Dreadful

EIE-Fe: Cuivienen, Alonzo
    EIE-Ni: Gilly, Darya, Bain, Sarinana

SEE-Se: Woofwoofl, Handjob, Number9Large
    SEE-Fi: Lucas, Aquagraph, Chae, Vogue Paris, Totalize, Schwiftyrickity, Niko

LIE-Ni: Ineffable, Moonraker, Avebury
    LIE-Te: Ashton, FDG, Expat, Invisiblehim, Narc, Anglas

ESI-Se: DiscoJoe, EJArendee, Jet City Woman, MisterNi, Scarletluxx, Amber/Rosewood, Strangeling, Oppai Anschluss
    ESI-Fi: Lungs, Golden, Ouronis, Radio, Suedehead, Galen, Kore/Persephone, Delilah, the Locust, Saiorse, Hag

ILI-Ni: Scapegrace, Korpsey, Krieger, Cpig, InvisibleJim, Floozy
    ILI-Te: Marie, Mensupermateriam, Aestrivex, Crispy, Soupman

SLI-Si: Words, Stray, Scarper, LuminousLynx, Lord Pixel
    SLI-Te: kim, daft punk, directorabbie, pookie, Jessica, may, supremacist, plasmatorpedo1043, Araz

LSE-Te: Absurd, JimBean, QueenTiger
    LSE-Si: William, JackOliverAaron/Echidna1000, BurningIce, Timmy, Smilingeyes, Laurie’s Crusader, Viktor, Kingslayer

IEE-Ne: Elizathomason, UDP, Sapphire, Syrup De Gem, Pinoline, Azbestos, Nanashi, VenusRose
    IEE-Fi: Finale, Airman/airborne, Adam Strange, Prince Andrei, Niffer, Eos

EII-Ne: Aylen, Epheme, Wasp, Tpaduan
    EII-Fi: maritsa/beautiful sky, mikemex, IBTL, contra, sol, suintal/silke, tela/arachne, Olimpia, thehotelambush, Yaaroslav
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 04-02-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

add me pls@Kill4me xoxo

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Additions: Oppai Anschluss, Alonzo, Fardraft, VenusRose, lelelewomanwomanwoman, Floozy

ESE-Fe: Chipsnunderwear, Suz, Inumbra, Subteigh, Kalinoche, FlutteringShyx, Mrrrmaid, Fardraft

SLE-Se: herzy, mercutio, ananke, idontgiveaf

ESI-Se: DiscoJoe, EJArendee, Jet City Woman, MisterNi, Scarletluxx, Amber/Rosewood, Strangeling, Oppai Anschluss
    ESI-Fi: Lungs, Golden, Ouronis, Radio, Suedehead, Galen, Kore/Persephone, Delilah, the Locust, Saiorse, Hag

SLI-Te: kim, daft punk, directorabbie, pookie, Jessica, may, supremacist, plasmatorpedo1043

LSE-Si: William, JackOliverAaron/Echidna1000, BurningIce, Timmy, Smilingeyes, Laurie’s Crusader, Viktor, Kingslayer

IEE-Ne: Elizathomason, UDP, Sapphire, Syrup De Gem, Pinoline, Azbestos, Nanashi, VenusRose

EII-Fi: maritsa/beautiful sky, mikemex, IBTL, contra, sol, suintal/silke, tela/arachne, Olimpia, thehotelambush, Yaaroslav
    add me

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Additions: Oppai Anschluss, Alonzo, Fardraft, VenusRose, lelelewomanwomanwoman, Floozy, Araz

SLE-Se: herzy, mercutio, ananke, idontgiveaf

SLI-Te: kim, daft punk, directorabbie, pookie, Jessica, may, supremacist, plasmatorpedo1043, Araz

So you've catalogued your closemindedness and unjustified, baseless typings in history, eh? One can only hope people can think for themselves at this point.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE, they can’t see hidden factors. Only what is shown.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

The special snowflake kind of SLE who understands introverted feeling so well that they spend years evaluating it (and its position and value) plus the inner motivations, hopes, dreams and fears of forum members and celebs (2500+). Sounds legit.

I haven't met one of those irl.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said to take it with a grain of salt for a reason. Those aren't my complete thoughts since my analysis of life isn't 9 bloody sentences. And if I'm so wrong, mind explaining, in detail, why I'm wrong? Perhaps you could explain, in detail, why this one piece of data is enough to conclude Ni PoLR? How are these mainstream in the first place? Do you actually think I explained all my thoughts? Is everyone with "mainstream" views Ni PoLR? What are your methods? Explain or none of your comments mean anything to me and anyone else with a brain.

I asked for justification, not for you to make a fool of yourself. Step up your game. Actually face my challenges for once instead hiding behind the veneer of idiotic comments with no substance. You're supposed to be good at analyzing things, right? So fucking do it.

EDIT: I should also add that if you want me to take you more seriously, then actually respond to my responses. If you're not willing to engage in a discussion, then I have no reason to listen since you'd just be a close-minded, irrational person. I have no problem with holding my own intellectually. If you want to see if I'm lying about that, then debate me in your responses rather than creating bland over-generalizations and providing nothing of substance.

EDIT2: To not be a hypocrite, let me add this critique. Let's assume that that post isn't Ni lead cognition, even when that post is completely outside the dominion of evidence that can be used to determine cognition. Then, what type of cognition is it? You claim it's Ni PoLR. That would imply that I lack the ability to accurately manage time and lack the ability to construct the whole picture from the details. If I were poor at time management, then I would not have survived as long as I have (survived I mean actually doing decently and stuff). Given that my parents forced me to undertake a number of extra-curricular activities in high school, not having strong time management skills would have meant that I was under constant stress or continually on the move. But instead I was as languid as I am currently and I never missed a deadline. Moreover, constructing the system from the details is essentially interpolating by creating linear and nonlinear connections. Any sort of problem solving requires such thinking and I think I'm pretty good at problem solving. I should also add that I'm not one to mistime actions. I'm not an impulsive person and so I know when to do things and when not to do them. This was actually a praise from my taekwondo coach since, when sparring, I knew exactly when to move and which attacks were coming.

I'm bragging too much... perhaps I am a 3...... or maybe I'm just not being asked the right questions to actually reveal my weaknesses...
    What’s wrong with it—or what’s short-sighted in it—is you are not going to magically end up doing what you love by doing what you do not love.

If someone manages to find a passion in this age of indifference, they should pursue it. Whether they make it their paid work or not is a separate question, but I also don’t agree that work has to be “grinding” torture day upon year unless that is the masochism someone is into.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    The special snowflake kind of SLE who understands introverted feeling so well that they spend years evaluating it (and its position and value) plus the inner motivations, hopes, dreams and fears of forum members and celebs (2500+). Sounds legit.

Hmm, maybe its just really strong Ti, and its so visual with all the pictures so outside sensing is fine there. His assesment of Hotel was weird: why wouldn’t an intelligent Ti type cast a wide net by asking questions in the Questionaire that would capture inner ethical types? Like, that doesn’t make the asker that type themselves, that makes them clever. Duh.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    Hmm, maybe its just really strong Ti, and its so visual with all the pictures so outside sensing is fine there. His assesment of Hotel was weird: why wouldn’t an intelligent Ti type cast a wide net by asking questions in the Questionaire that would capture inner ethical types? Like, that doesn’t make the asker that type themselves, that makes them clever.
    Or maybe he is Ti polr... hard to say from his forum presence. I may say more about this later. I will think about it and get back to you.

If you do see a case for strong Ti then I think it is worth considering LxI too. Maybe LSE or SLI as well since they have strong Se too.

*it isn't visual with everyone since he has not seen me except for a blurry childhood pic. I don't know how many he has seen from the forum that made it to his list. Maybe about half of them. You are on his list too so do you agree with his typing of you?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or maybe he is Ti polr... hard to say from his forum presence. I may say more about this later. I will think about it and get back to you.

If you do see a case for strong Ti then I think it is worth considering LxI or too. Maybe LSE or SLI as well since they have strong Se as well.
    Yeah Se doesn’t translate well into the online world without looking edge lordy. We’ve all seen the none Se types make lots of tough guy claims over the years.

Se is a kind of intuitive perception of reality at its core. Not intellectual in the least, although it could be. Its pure perception.

K4 does pick out lots of SLE celebrities, so that’s pretty accurate.

His own systems of relations is very well developed. And it seems like creative use, so very fluid in approuch and not dogmatic, just as you would expect for creative use of a IE.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Yeah Se doesn’t translate well into the online world without looking edge lordy. We’ve all seen the none Se types make lots of tough guy claims over the years.

Se is a kind of intuitive perception of reality at its core. Not intellectual in the least, although it could be. Its pure perception.

K4 does pick out lots of SLE celebrities, so that’s pretty accurate.
    He does post a lot of STs some of which are SLE. I think he admires them on some level. I never asked if he does. It is an assumption. I know two guys he has said he admires. Gene Simmons of KISS and Frank Sinatra. I think they are role models. I have seen a lot of weak Se males do the edgelord thing on various forums. Then I see them on video and they are soft as a baby's bottom. It is such a huge difference between their online persona and video presence it should be shocking but it no longer is so I am skeptical of tryhards.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    What’s wrong with it—or what’s short-sighted in it—is you are not going to magically end up doing what you love by doing what you do not love.

If someone manages to find a passion in this age of indifference, they should pursue it. Whether they make it their paid work or not is a separate question, but I also don’t agree that work has to be “grinding” torture day upon year unless that is the masochism someone is into.
    I think sometimes you have to do what you don't "love" as a stepping stone to what you do love. He is 17. I agree you can do what you love whether paid for it or not. I used a couple jobs as stepping stones to get me to where I am now. I didn't want to have to work a job after I turned 30 and I made that happen. Actually my parents made me work as soon as I was legally able to. My siblings and I all had part time jobs as soon as we were able to. We didn't love it but we understood it. Now I do what I love and get paid for it when I want to do it. I can also turn projects down without worry.

YWIMW

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't suggesting that you will magically end up doing what you love by doing what you don't love. I was suggesting that, oftentimes, doing what you love is not profitable and having the funds to be able to do what you love with comfort often requires taking up different jobs that are unrelated to your field of passion. I never said that you shouldn't pursue your hobby. I said that the likelihood of making money off your passion is minimal since the probability of your passion also being a field that's in high economic demand is small. This mostly pertains to people with hobbies in artistic fields that have never been incredibly profitable for the masses. Basically, having the passion to do something doesn't necessarily mean that you should pursue it as a career.

For example, according to dataUSA, in 2016, the average salary for a male musician/singer etc. is $44963 and for a female is $21805 (https://datausa.io/profile/soc/272040/). Moreover, the bureau of labour statistics shows that the states with highest employment level for musicians are New York (7640), California (6770), Tennessee (2140), Florida (1700), and Illinois (1610), with New York and California both being in the top 5 states with the highest cost of living (https://www.fool.com/slideshow/15-st...ving/?slide=15). Moreover, something like music is often a very unstable career since your work is often gig-by-gig, meaning that to thrive you need to have an entrepreneurial spirit. This is something that many do not have and it cannot be taken for granted. Also, in comparison to other careers, music is never in incredibly high demand since the arts are always specialized. Only a select few people want to enjoy a specific form of art, meaning that the growth rate within the country music market, for example, isn't likely to be high or, more importantly, predictable since trends within this industry are highly variable.

I don't say this to discourage people from pursuing music. In fact, pursuing these types of fields as a hobby should be encouraged since it diversifies interests in an age of indifference, like you noted. However, economic instability is often a cause of familial instability since if you're constantly under the stress of making your next pay-check, your mental health deteriorates. That being said, there are consequences in the rabid pursuit of wealth as well. Child neglect or stress due to competition is a real problem. The solution lies in balance and understanding how to manage career, personal satisfaction, and familial stability. This article is an interesting read relating to these topics. https://www.prb.org/family-instabili...omic-mobility/

I will agree that "grinding" was a poor choice of word there since it evokes powerful imagery that may not be equivalent to what I had in mind. When I wrote that, I was thinking about the physical intensity of blue collar work and the often monotonous "grind" of white-collar work. We do have to consider the future, though. While I haven't researched this thoroughly, automation is likely to reduce blue collar work significantly over the next few years. Moreover, artistic work can be emulated quite well by AI to where the differences between it and human-made art is difficult to notice. This means that, in the future, jobs relating to artistic passions are likely to decline. Again, this isn't to discourage people from pursuing art but rather to take into consideration the situation the world is in and how it can affect you in the short and long run.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sophisticated cynicism

IEI confirmed final final
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Sophisticated cynicism

IEI confirmed final final
    Hey I like that term, "sophisticated cynicism". I am going to borrow it at some point. lol

I think it is some skepticism > cynicism in general. If I had to give it an ism.

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hey I like that term, "sophisticated cynicism". I am going to borrow it at some point. lol
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think sometimes you have to do what you don't "love" as a stepping stone to what you do love. He is 17. I agree you can do what you love whether paid for it or not. I used a couple jobs as stepping stones to get me to where I am now. I didn't want to have to work a job after I turned 30 and I made that happen. Actually my parents made me work as soon as I was legally able to. My siblings and I all had part time jobs as soon as we were able to. We didn't love it but we understood it. Now I do what I love and get paid for it when I want to do it. I can also turn projects down without worry.
    Sure, if this is about developing a work ethic, I am on board, but then I prefer to just use that term.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very cool.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Sure, if this is about developing a work ethic, I am on board, but then I prefer to just use that term.
    Yeah that was a big part of it.

YWIMW

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sometimes I see SLE's who just sit there on top of the situation. The way they can know ahead time how the presence works without really trying is quite perplexing.
    Then they ultimately fail to see underlying things that will twist it considerably and I remind them and they respond like 'Oh, shit.., yes.'.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think it is some skepticism > cynicism in general. If I had to give it an ism.
    You rang?

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kill4Me

lol I appreciate you including me on your list, and even more for typing me as a EIE, seeing as how in my daily life, I aspire to that and milk my Role-Fe for all its worth.

But here's the thing, I ain't no damn Fe-empath, not one bit--I don't utilize affective empathy; I can't "feel" the emotions of others by way of "contagion." Instead, I utilize cognitive empathy (perspective taking) by way of Fi, and my ability to do this is rather limited and sometimes altogether impaired if I have no previous experiences that specifically relate to whatever it is that calls for my empathy. You can't watch me lose my shit in a thread where my already shoddy and decrepit Fi value system was compromised and then call me a EIE. lol

If you want to know how I think, take my own words:

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Me, all day:

1.) What is the goal/point/purpose/intent/objective (of/for/behind this thing/action)? OR, the goal/point/purpose/intent/objective (of/for/behind this thing/action) is ___________. If I don't already know FACTS about the thing/action, I retrieve them--which isn't difficult, seeing as how my thirst for information/knowledge is unquenchable. Push comes to shove, I draw my own Ti conclusions.

2.) To what degree does this thing/action objectively work/does what it is supposed to do in the most efficient way possible, depending on the particular context the thing/action operates within; and if it does not work efficiently, what does it require in order to do so? OR, what is prohibiting it from doing so?

For example:

When bagging groceries, the Te (most objectively efficient) way to go about doing so will depend on the a.] type of groceries > height, weight, length, consistency, etc...; b.] type of bag > paper, plastic, or cloth, utilized in whatever way best optimizes its potential for holding the groceries; c.] the method by which the groceries will be transported; and so forth.

As far as I can surmise, Te is dynamic because of all the constantly "moving parts" that determine the degree to which something works/is effective, at any given moment, for any given situation.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI-posture is upright and “elegant “ with soft demeanor. Dresses somewhat bohemian in style. “Kind, courteous, soft - these are just a few of the adjectives that can be used to describe a typical female DUMAS. A charming femininity is characteristic for her, that would be complimented well by exquisite furs and headwear. Unusual elegance permeates her figure and bearing, even when she is dressed in her usual, daily clothing, since there is no angularity or abruptness in her movements. All her motion is graceful, softened, and smooth. ”

Final typing
    Thanks for showing your true colors
    -

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"SEI-posture is upright and “elegant “ with soft demeanor. Dresses somewhat bohemian in style. “Kind, courteous, soft - these are just a few of the adjectives that can be used to describe a typical female DUMAS. A charming femininity is characteristic for her, that would be complimented well by exquisite furs and headwear. Unusual elegance permeates her figure and bearing, even when she is dressed in her usual, daily clothing, since there is no angularity or abruptness in her movements. All her motion is graceful, softened, and smooth. ”

Final typing

Do we really need all this battletyping? This is not respectable behaviour for someone who aspires to be a psychologist.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to type based on text snippets is beyond me

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI-posture is upright and “elegant “ with soft demeanor. Dresses somewhat bohemian in style. “Kind, courteous, soft - these are just a few of the adjectives that can be used to describe a typical female DUMAS. A charming femininity is characteristic for her, that would be complimented well by exquisite furs and headwear. Unusual elegance permeates her figure and bearing, even when she is dressed in her usual, daily clothing, since there is no angularity or abruptness in her movements. All her motion is graceful, softened, and smooth. ”

Final typing
    EII have stooped posture, look loose in their clothes, somewhat unkempt look
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've asked Maritsa repeatedly to stop trying to push her typing on me. She's made her opinion clear (multiple, multiple times) and that should be enough. She has no kindness or understanding toward me, particularly with regard to her interactions with me, however, and despite previous warnings by moderators continues to harass me.

Here, publicly, I request that she entirely ignore me and never reference or speak to me unless it is a direct request to make peace. I believe that is a fair request, especially since she has asked similar of others.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EII have stooped posture, look loose in their clothes, somewhat unkempt look

They also walk with a walking stick if they are past 22 years of age.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org