Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    The guy is a despicable human being. He's proven this over and over. I have a hard time understanding how anyone with a moral sense can look at what he does every day and give him a pass. I wish someone would explain it to me.
    I'm not trying to give him a "pass." I agree he's despicable. I think it's also quite possible he'll be charged for criminal offenses and possibly removed from office before his term is up. I would not call any of that "giving him a pass."

The law says that you can't discriminate by race, color, creed, etc. It says nothing about having to give your business to people charged with insurrection.

The law distinguishes between criminal and civil penalties.
    I think some of these businesses need a new definition. Social media giants, for instance, have kind of become the public square in which people communicate. The world actually relies on them, and the tech giants in general, for communication and information. They have ascended into a new as yet defined category. That a new grouping hasn't been made for them is why they can seize power but behave as if they are just these private businesses exercising their rights. The banks also have massive power and control globally. The power all of these entities have is why they need a new (or several new) categories under the law. I see what they are doing as "cheating" and gradually weakening the powers of government, which is the only entity that actually can truly protect citizen rights.

How they treat powerful people matters because it's a clue to how they will also treat less powerful ("everyday" people) who can't afford to spend tons of money defending themselves in the courts, and what they can get away with doing.
    Last edited by marooned; 01-13-2021 at 06:21 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    Personally. I think the majority, if not all politicians are prob corrupt & nasty individuals. He’s just more open and unforgiving about his ‘negative’ traits imo, which is one reason why a lot of his supporters like him... and why his opponents hate him. He doesn’t play the game the usual way.

I don't think Trump's approach to politics is the same as most politicians. Yes, I agree that most politicians are more self-interested, more interested in power, and more narcissistic than the average person, but because one rapist wears pants does not mean that all men wearing pants are rapists.

My personal belief is that Trump has tapped into something very fundamental in society by appealing to Authoritaians. As our society becomes more researched and better understood, advertising can target finer and finer divisions between people. Trump has done that like no other politician in recent memory, excluding H!tler.

Consider that Trump has been married and divorced, he pays and pays off prostitutes, he doesn't know anything about the Bible and doesn't attend church, but he's praised by Fundamentalists as being the next prophet. How can this be?
    It's because Fundamentalists are also Authoritarians, and they recognize one of their own. A valuable thing to do would be to read up on the Authoritarian mindset, because they exist in every society and they are not comfortable living in a liberal democracy. They want a strong ruler to rule over them.

https://psmag.com/news/authoritarian...trump-triggers

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxx...1hVFFRUDg/view

https://www.karenstenner.com/

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Trump's approach to politics is the same as most politicians. Yes, I agree that most politicians are more self-interested, more interested in power, and more narcissistic than the average person, but because one rapist wears pants does not mean that all men wearing pants are rapists.

My personal belief is that Trump has tapped into something very fundamental in society by appealing to Authoritaians. As our society becomes more researched and better understood, advertising can target finer and finer divisions between people. Trump has done that like no other politician in recent memory, excluding H!tler.

Consider that Trump has been married and divorced, he pays and pays off prostitutes, he doesn't know anything about the Bible and doesn't attend church, but he's praised by Fundamentalists as being the next prophet. How can this be?
    It's because Fundamentalists are also Authoritarians, and they recognize one of their own. A valuable thing to do would be to read up on the Authoritarian mindset, because they exist in every society and they are not comfortable living in a liberal democracy. They want a strong ruler to rule over them.

This. He has become the point of reference for insecure people who are afraid of not being able to manage on their own. He plays the role of the strict father figure they never had. And who might be better at that than a messiah figure? But the price to pay to accept someone as an authority is of course that you have to close your eyes to his defects. Classic unhealthy enneagram 6 move.

Papa ou est-tu? People with daddy issues always find each other…

Last edited by lkdhf qkb; 01-13-2021 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Normal police. Most people won't be conviced that they are just looking for someone to trust blindly so why raise the tone?

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, he’s been bashed in the media and has still gone pretty far. But still lost this time around. A lot of people who were Democrats before started voting republican because of the far woke left, making them go far in the other direction.
    Last edited by Aster; 01-13-2021 at 06:55 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't the mob shouting "Hang Mike Pence" before they stormed in? Death threats aren't tolerated by the principle of free speech, either morally or (as far as I know) legally.

The implicit social contract (at least ours) cuts both ways. If social media has a moral duty, irrespective of its legal duty, to allow the president to speak, then the president has a moral duty to diffuse the violent tendencies of his supporters.

Freedoms come with obligations, especially for anyone in a position of authority. This implicit social contract, which largely consists of 'gentlemen's agreements', is a necessary component of a free society; this relates to the impossibility of crafting a perfect set of legal checks and balances. A ruler who acts to diminish his own obligations thereby diminishes the freedoms of his subjects. The ruler who abrogates all sense of moral responsibility is known as the 'tyrant'.
    Last edited by xerx; 01-14-2021 at 02:12 AM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Trump told his supporters "we will stop the steal". The rally at the very least delayed the execution of a law of the United States, which qualifies as seditious conspiracy.

After the coup attempt, Trump told those responsible he loved them. It was only then he told them to go home.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He doesn't incite violence. He does the opposite

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.
    (18:16)

Read the actual original source:

Transcript

This literally isn't rocket science.

He has a week left in office. Just leave him the fuck alone.
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 01-13-2021 at 11:53 PM.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ppl on the right: Oh fug! Holy shit I'm being censored! Wtf..why isn't Trump doing anything to stop thi..
    Lefties: Oh crap the tech monopolies! Shit this looks like Cyberpunk..
    Third positionists: We told you so e_e nobody listened.. idiots. This happened to us 4 years ago. Fuck this shit, we are out..

Liberals on all sides: m-muh Trump! m-muh Trump! m-muh Trump!

Normies: dafuq is going on, whole worlds gone mad! I-I lost my job.. wtf. Coof coof.. where is that damn vaccine!?

Me: ..quietly building my Pleroma and PeerTube server.. I should maybe buy chickens yeah good idea.. free eggs.
    Last edited by SGF; 01-13-2021 at 11:54 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    I don't hate Trump. He's done more good than bad as a president imo, something that cannot be said about Clinton, Bush, or Obama. He's not a bad person overall imo, and I think he truly does care about our country and wants to "Make it Great" . . . but he also wants to make sure he gets the credit for that. He mentions this every other sentence. He does far too much to feed his own ego in that regard. He has some good and some bad policies. He was a far better choice than the alternatives, which is why I voted for him this time around.

But he is a fool too, and his ego gets in the way. He's not a leader, he's a cheerleader. He just isn't. He flip-flops based on whoever last had his ear, and you have to hope that someone with sense and decency is talking in it, or else he does really dumb things. People banded around him imo because they want someone who speaks for them and he was the closest thing they could get. Some of his policies are good for the people, far more so than our last few presidents. So, it's not unwarranted.
    I want to give you an A for effort but your statements on Trump are very vague and general, which is how 99% of people here + outside the forum have described him these past 4 years without giving specifics. I see the words "fool", "lies", "dumb things", etc but I don't see the backing behind those words.

And when people do give specifics, it's out of context off some CNN website or it just falls apart like jenga blocks because they're simply parroting bumper sticker statements that sound cool @ your little hugbox. Your stance is also very lukewarm; its like you compliment him but then diss him because everyone else does. Lol

Then you do some weird mental gymnastics here, but I'm pretty sure we're in agreement

Finally, you're making this all about Trump, and it's not. He's the foothold to a much much bigger problem. His demonization was a means to demonize others. And it spreads. It goes far beyond him. Salami tactics is what it is. I'm hoping there are enough good people that stand up now and fight against this, because there's a whole lot more at stake than Trump's reputation. Everything that has been pushed for the past 4 years starts to make more sense when you realize that's the tactic. Framing him as a fascist and a racist isn't revenge on him, it's to frame everyone associated with him as the same. Paint everyone who supports him as some kind of white supremacist and then you have an excuse to go after them too. Guilt by association.
    This impeachment IS about revenge on Trump + the conservatism he represents (as I've already mentioned). We live in a very liberal/PC society, Trump is a threat to that, that's it. It's not about the fat bald dude with the nose ring.

But on TOP of that,

Pelosi and the rest of the cocksuckers are impeaching Trump based off NOTHING he did wrong. He has a week left and they're trying to do some last minute super move like a boss in a video game. But they are grasping for straws, the same one-trick pony they've been doing for the past 4 years, starting with the Russian collusion when they (illegally) spied on his campaign.

A waste of time. It's not gonna go through because it's baseless.

It's kinda pathetic how people are trying to frame DT as violent. Like Wtf lol.

People here are literally trying to pull anything out of their asses last minute. Im taking note of it. Disgusting

The worst is when people link videos of hillbillies LARPING with Red MAGA hats raising their pitchforks as evidence for white supremacy (do people actually fall for this???)

There are currently people losing their jobs and being investigated just for being present during that rally, when they never even got near the building itself. People talk about how parler is being shut down - well, it happened years ago to Gab, and the founder of that site not only was denied hosting services and had to build his own servers, but all payment was refused to him. He couldn't accept any money through his site by any credit card or payment service, and could only use bitcoin, wire transfers and checks. His app was kicked off all the app stores. And even his personal credit cards and those of his family members were revoked, so they can't even have a credit card for personal use. Trump isn't unique or the first. And he has more resources than most to fall back on, so don't make it about Trump.
    Here you're just confused and veering further away from the topic. Lol

Anything that involves free speech + conservatism will be negatively impacted, yes.

I understand though,

It's hard to associate with Trump because of the stigma it gets, like it doesn't improve your social status in any way.

I've been "cancel-cultured" from my friends, not a very pleasant experience (very scary at times) but it is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    My bad. I didn’t see that he mentioned anything about going over to the capitol. Still he wasn’t calling for violence and asked them to be peaceful.

Yes, I’m saying it’s more concerning that Twitter and big tech have decided to censor a sitting President than whatever Trump may have said.
    I know you don't like everything about Trump, but I'm glad someone here is actually intellectually honest

4 years of societal conditioning will influence most people

"HATE TRUMP"

"TRUMP BAD"

"TRUMP LIE"
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 01-14-2021 at 08:06 AM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making Twitter unban Trump is like making a baker bake a gay cake. Both are forms of compelled political expression.

For the record, I don't think that he should have been banned. That is, however, a pertinent analogy.
    Last edited by xerx; 01-14-2021 at 01:05 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Computer Loser; 01-14-2021 at 02:40 AM.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Making Twitter unban Trump is like making a baker bake a gay cake. Both are forms of compelled political expression.

For the record, I don't think that he should have been banned. That is, however, a pertinent analogy.
    Would you make a baker bake a cake for a black couple?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    I absolutely would. It's wrong for a baker to refuse service to someone just because they're black (or gay). If a black (or gay) couple wants to buy a generic cake, there shouldn't be any barriers.

But there's an added layer to this question that usually gets overlooked. Refusing to sell a cake is different from refusing to write specific text on a cake; if a business doesn't want to offer that product, it shouldn't have to. By extension, a different baker can refuse to bake a "conservative Christian" cake.
    Last edited by xerx; 01-14-2021 at 02:38 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Personally, I would not. I don't have anything against black people, but I also don't think that people in business should have to work for people they don't like.

However, I'm fortunately not making the laws. Above my petty feelings of hatred towards asshole customers is the law in this country which says that, in return for the government protections that businesses enjoy, they must treat everyone equally under the law. They may not discriminate against a person for something that that person can't change. Like being Black. Or Jewish. Or left-handed.

They don't have to serve a person who is naked, or who is shooting people, or is calling for the overthrow of the US government, because a person presumably has some control over those things and could change them if they wanted to. But everyone else, they have to treat without discrimination.

Here's the thing about that law. It gives everyone equal access to society's resources. Some smart people decided that that is a good thing and encoded it into law, and I grudgingly agree with them, after spending time in South Africa and seeing for myself what happens to a society that is ostensibly "separate but equal", but in reality is some very stupid immigrants running the place and keeping most of the other citizens out of the club.

If you don't have a shot at the top slot, you have no reason to support the system that keeps you down. I get that. I've seen that. I think the rioters believe that, too, even though most of them are not thinking globally about just what they are doing. They want to "take the country back". Back from whom? And for whose benefit?
    They don't ever explain that part. For good reason.

These laws aren't there to keep Italians in power or to put communists in every school district governing board. They are there to prevent revolution. Because if you get enough people who feel like they are not getting a fair deal, you are building an army to overthrow the government.

My personal wish is that the powers that be in this country take this as a wake up call, and start doing more for the economically disadvantaged. The rich have been screwing the middle class for a long time, while supporting the poorest classes. Granted, support for the poorest people is minimal, but percentage-wise, incomes for the poor and incomes for the rich have been rising, and incomes for the middle class have been flat.

Anyone who tells you that this is free markets at work is lying to you because they think you are stupid. Call your representatives, vote with your wallet, and change the trend.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Snapchat just terminated Trump's account.

https://techcrunch.com/2021/01/09/th...f-a-president/

Trump's advisors in the White House say he is clueless about what his actions surrounding the Capitol siege or his impeachment means for his Presidency, but he's worried that it will hurt his business. No word from him on the people who died in the riot. Four of the people who died were, according to their close relatives, his most ardent supporters. You'd think he'd say something.
    Maybe he'll get around to thinking about them after his next golf outing. Or maybe not.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh god heterosexuals are still talking about the gay cake thing?

lol umm well I mean, I personally feel like I can probably learn how to bake a cake just as good or even better if I do it myself and I wouldn't really be beholden to another person's narcissism anyway ((I could really make the cake something *I* wanted not just what the Te business did- even tho you can tell them what to do, they aren't you)) so I would probably just move on and bake the cake myself. It's just a stupid cake. But me being me, I *would* also throw it in their face and make an edgy/provocative vid shoving my cake in my mouth and telling the entire multi-verse how it tastes so much better than their shitty bigotry and hate lol.

I mean feeling all victimized cuz somebody doesn't wanna bake a cake for you... you're kinda privileged and sheltered if that's what you're worried about. I grew up feeling genuinely physically unsafe for being gay almost every day of my life growing up in high school- a fucking cake is so petty to me in comparison that I can't even... I think a lot of businesses are hokey and cowboy-ish and white trash heterosexual like anyway. Especially in 'Murica. Like those places on the side of the road that sell bugs and peaches. But even the slightly more "fancier" ones are like that, like Chick Fit A. I'm not sure I'd take it personally as it's too common. Business people are often Te-valuing heterosexual moralists with sticks up their butts.

And another thing about Chick Fil A. I know this opinion is pretty unpopular but I honestly don't think it's that good. Lots of people like saying "I know I shouldn't like it cuz they discriminated against gays before but it just tastes so good!" Um, no. They discriminated against gays and it tastes pretty bad. Heterosexuals stereotypically have bad taste/bad standards and don't know truly good shit haha. They say it tastes good but I don't see it. It's rather mediocre and lifeless. Just another crappy fast food joint really.

So yeah. I'd just bake a cake myself, or go to another gay friendly facility that accepts me for me.... I usually prefer talking to other like-minded gay males and straight females anyway. Why do so many people insist on trying to get people that will never like them to like them. The gay community worries about being liked too much, I have agreed with that criticism of the gay community. Often times gay guys are overly nice and polite cuz we are so worried to not be liked. But it's dumb. It's more honest & healthy to realize who hates you and just embrace it. As you are not going to change hearts and minds with a witty quip and a hot body. I think it's probably wiser to let other gay guys appreciate that stuff instead of attempting to mind control breeders.

As for trump- I don't agree with banning him. I don't agree with what he says or support what he does but I think it is wrong to shut anybody up as that indirectly puts him in martyr and victimhood status and fuels the fire of ppl with deranged conspiracy theories. But I mean, yes they'd do that kind of thing anyway but it just makes it 10 times worse. But it would make sense that it would 'make it worse' because making it worse for everybody is what the true bad guys are all about, right?

I genuinely feel sorry for all the ppl who think that he's some holy grenade to the establishment. I just can't see it- it's the same establishment that is propping him up by reporting everything he says or does (and tries to) think 24/7. They aren't really afraid of him and his make-believe threat to them - they are more like playing everybody like a fiddle while making sure the true power structures in the world remain intact. Getting us to argue about it online is one of the ways they do it, of course. It is like this genuine naive-ness of being fucked over by establishment snobs your entire life. They are playing you/us from a such a high level while laughing at you.

I was accused before for having faux-compassion for them but I don't, it's real. Sorry ur too cynical and bitter to see that. I don't hold grudges for being bullied by them as I'm able to see the bigger picture. They were in many ways the true victims, bullied way worse than I ever was. I will defend myself tho from too much abuse but I mean, it's like a 'Oh honey' moment to me.

How I feel talking to Trump supporters: I am the black demon guy and they are Becky Rosen.

I don't have a good solution to this either, other than simply being the bigger bad-ass and blowing them up first - and well... I don't see that cuz the humble mountain folk or whatever are clearly outgunned and outnumbered and life isn't some inspiring movie where the lovable underdogs win because they're lovable underdogs. The "Illuminati Reptile Demons" are usually the ones that have all the real military force and real Te social structures behind them so good luck with that lol. I think Joss Whedon was right when he said that people who have had power will literally do anything to keep it. You can never be naive or too surprised at the lengths they will go to keep their power. And it's true for the lower level demons too (like your average creepy Starr worker). Like when you troll or piss off the Satan illumiiati they have an entire line of command that is sent to deal with you and your inappropriate behavior. To do any real good you'd have to cut off the snake in its head. Why bother with the minions as there is too many of them.

But realistically, I don't think anybody here or in the 'real world' would ever get to the final head boss. They instead would die a moron. Maybe they feel like dying for their own ideals is better than living in a world that is enslaving them- but if you don't really change anything in the end, how can that be true? I'm not cowardly enough to say for certain I'd never throw myself in front of an Illuminati Bullet for anybody- but you gotta make me see how the sacrifice will be worth it.

oh this is making me think of my video game where we adventurers fight the Eye of Providence (the all-seeing eye on top of the pyramid) in the Illuminati Pyramid level and it's a really long and hard boss fight but so rewarding in the end. I really need to work on my game more peace out. <3
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 01-14-2021 at 05:31 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There are currently people losing their jobs and being investigated just for being present during that rally, when they never even got near the building itself. People talk about how parler is being shut down - well, it happened years ago to Gab, and the founder of that site not only was denied hosting services and had to build his own servers, but all payment was refused to him. He couldn't accept any money through his site by any credit card or payment service, and could only use bitcoin, wire transfers and checks. His app was kicked off all the app stores. And even his personal credit cards and those of his family members were revoked, so they can't even have a credit card for personal use. Trump isn't unique or the first. And he has more resources than most to fall back on, so don't make it about Trump. Those that actually are blinded by hate for the man will only laugh the more bad that befalls him and never make the connection that this is only the beginning if we don't stop it. That he is the president and so high-profile will hopefully bring attention to what is happening, but it's been happening unnoticed to others for a long time already.
    Indeed, it is only the beginning. Sadly, thanks to the PTB having control of the school system for several generations, well, most are dumb enough to be led by the nose by what amounts to their literal slave masters and be happy about it. The slaves in the antebellum south had a profound and fervent hate for the House... Well, I can't say that word in polite company but there's an awful lot of them around and about nowadays and yeah, we know who they are and this will not end well for them collectively. Another word for them: Useful idiots. Bezmenov had a thing or two to say about their ultimate fate.

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    Lmao. thanks! I found some last night, but I went to a different town! Thank god! Whew! Geezus, people use their thumbs? Hope they at least wash their hands good. I’ve told a few random strangers in stores that the toilet paper thing is weird, that they can use anything, and they look at me like I’m an alien. Well they prob think I’m crude, too, but Geezus people!
    That may be true, but it is, again, a modern comfort that they're rather unwilling to part with.

Also, soap is a thing most people buy yet have no idea how to produce themselves. In its most primitive form of production, you'll need hardwood ash and some form of biological fat/oil. Like olive oil or animal tallow (e.g rendered bacon fat). Hardwood ash can be boiled in water to create lye. Combine the lye with the heated/liquid fat to start the process. I think I did this in middle school as a lab experiment, only we just got provided some premade lye and fat/oil instead of creating it ourselves from hardwood ash and cooked meat/pressed seeds or whatnot. Worked fine. Ya mixed it all in until was almost dough-like in consistency and then just let it cure for a few days. Boom. Unscented soap.

Fun fact I just remembered, do not use aluminum utensils during any step of this process. Lye kind of eats aluminum for breakfast. Not sure I'd wanna wash down with a bar of soap made after, if in some step in the process, it burned a hole through an aluminum pan...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I don't like cancel culture either, though I wouldn't associate holding Trump responsible for his actions with it.

I didn't see the Chris Pratt thing, but there are alot of such stories. I agree it goes too far. Otoh I still feel Trump should be held accountable for inciting the riot against the capitol.
    He didn't incite jack shit and you'd know it if you didn't think CNN and the like actually provide information without an agenda. Nothing he said or did was an outright incitement from the perspective of any objective observer. Provide to me the exact quote, action, order, etc. that acted as an incitement to violence upon the capital building in your eyes. You either will not or you will provide me with some BS example that won't last 5 seconds of intense scrutiny from yours truly. You got Trump Derangement Syndrome I'm afraid. Fix that problem. For your own sake if nothing else.
    Last edited by End; 01-14-2021 at 06:20 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Personally, I would not. I don't have anything against black people, but I also don't think that people in business should have to work for people they don't like.

My personal wish is that the powers that be in this country take this as a wake up call, and start doing more for the economically disadvantaged. The rich have been screwing the middle class for a long time, while supporting the poorest classes. Granted, support for the poorest people is minimal, but percentage-wise, incomes for the poor and incomes for the rich have been rising, and incomes for the middle class have been flat.

Anyone who tells you that this is free markets at work is lying to you because they think you are stupid. Call your representatives, vote with your wallet, and change the trend.
    You make several good points, but you and I both know that ain't gonna happen. Our elites are totally disconnected from the lowly "proles" they presume to rule over in almost every conceivable way. Hell, they cannot even into how effective rules are made and, more importantly, enforced. Though I wouldn't say they supported the poor classes. Indeed, they hate them too and fucked them over just as hard, but in more abstract ways that most fail to perceive or realize.

This is a whole essay in the making on this topic but suffice it to say our current ruling elite is unfit, unable, and unworthy to effectively rule in the long term from here. Like I said, the Mandate of Heaven is now forfeit. The successful revolt that will overthrow and replace this current system is already underway. My wish is that those who succeed in that endeavor will look back upon the mistakes of the last few centuries and actually, for what amounts to the first time in history, actually learn from it in a way that actually benefits our entire species for once instead of insisting upon repeating for the billionth time the four most expensive words (in whatever/however way you wish to see it) in the English Language:

"This Time, It's Different"

No. It's NOT!

Sadly, I think the Buddhists have a saying. "The lesson will be repeated until it is learned." Can't say I'm seeing much to dissuade me from the truth of that statement. We, as a species, never seem to learn the lesson and thus it just keeps getting repeated...

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    He didn't incite jack shit and you'd know it if you didn't think CNN and the like actually provide information without an agenda. Nothing he said or did was an outright incitement from the perspective of any objective observer. Provide to me the exact quote, action, order, etc. that acted as an incitement to violence upon the capital building in your eyes. You either will not or you will provide me with some BS example that won't last 5 seconds of intense scrutiny from yours truly. You got Trump Derangement Syndrome I'm afraid. Fix that problem. For your own sake if nothing else.

You can find part of the speech here. What's really insidious with Trump, in addition to all the lies he spews, which have been fact-checked again and again, is that he never outright says what he incites or suggests. Like the birther campaign thing, you probably think that was not racist, because didn't Trump didn't openly say anything racist. That's really naive, if you believe that. Just like it's naive if you believe Trump telling the truth when it comes to this election (why is he the only one spewing this bs I wonder?) and that it's naive if you believe Trump can't be held accountable for the protest, same with Guiliani, Mo Brooks, Don Jr, etc. "Trial by combat" - Giuliani is a lawyer and he knows what he can and can't say to avoid getting in trouble - all the while inciting a mob. If such words in your opinion aeren't meant to stoke the flames of an already angry crowd, maybe you can fix your naivete, if only for your own sake.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    What is a Cancel Culture?
    People are exposed for being human and then universally ostracized.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record I don't think Twitter should unban anyone including Trump, I think we should ban Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, Google because they are illegal corporate monopolies with too much power.
    The bake the cake argument is mute when when we are dealing with corporations such as google who has half the planet by the balls through sheer dependency.

Banned
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent

Everything is going according to plan.

Execute order 66
    Last edited by Joe Biden; 01-14-2021 at 11:36 AM.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can find part of the speech here. What's really insidious with Trump, in addition to all the lies he spews, which have been fact-checked again and again, is that he never outright says what he incites or suggests. Like the birther campaign thing, you probably think that was not racist, because didn't Trump didn't openly say anything racist. That's really naive, if you believe that. Just like it's naive if you believe Trump telling the truth when it comes to this election (why is he the only one spewing this bs I wonder?) and that it's naive if you believe Trump can't be held accountable for the protest, same with Guiliani, Mo Brooks, Don Jr, etc. "Trial by combat" - Giuliani is a lawyer and he knows what he can and can't say to avoid getting in trouble - all the while inciting a mob. If such words in your opinion aeren't meant to stoke the flames of an already angry crowd, maybe you can fix your naivete, if only for your own sake.
    LOL quoting a VICE video or article. e_e they are some sleazy propaganda machine dude like Fox, CNN, Buzzfeed or the BBC... JESUS CHRIST. To find ppl this day and age who still believe anything MSM says LOL

I also find it weird that religious conservatives defend Trump, who is a sleazy 90s democrat, who doesn't really have their best interests at heart... this guy is by no means even close to being like Pat Buchanan for example.

The overton window has shifted HARD when conservatards are defending a democrat.
    Last edited by SGF; 01-14-2021 at 09:08 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Order 66

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Biden View Post
    Everything is going according to plan.

Execute order 66
    Get em boss!!!

Last edited by Kamala Harris; 01-14-2021 at 09:17 AM.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RELEVANT TODAY FOR THE USA and every western nation

TLTR: The USA will balkanize and break up over the next decades into separate states on ethnic, religious and political lines. It will cease to be a global superpower.
    Last edited by SGF; 01-14-2021 at 09:27 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Oh god heterosexuals are still talking about the gay cake thing?

lol umm well I mean, I personally feel like I can probably learn how to bake a cake just as good or even better if I do it myself
    exactly! take that, straight people!

<3

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump definitely incited violence but without intention of doing so. He's a bit of fool.
    ἀταραξία

Banned
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Politics makes you stupid.

I don’t mean it actually lowers your IQ or anything. I mean that when you permanently install the lens of politics over your eyes, and view everything you see through your political lens, it makes you say and do stupid things.

As president, I will have a yearly “political post” limit on social media and will issue a fine for people who goes over that limit. The limit will be 12, average out to 1 political post per month, Every post from the 13th on and you get fined. Go past 20 and you get doxxed.

Banned
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bold talk from a guy who’s been in politics all his life.
    Ah yes I've been in the game for about 40 years now. And lemme tell ya,

I'm not getting old, I'm just becoming a classic

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    The bake the cake argument is mute when when we are dealing with corporations such as google who has half the planet by the balls through sheer dependency.
    In general, the fact that tech. giants are monopolies spoils the analogy—I agree with that. In this instance, the president has access to other channels, which saves the analogy; he can call a press conference or go on Fox News virtually anytime that he wants.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You will forgive me for doubting this given the facts that have been undeniably verified. The "storming" of the Capital happened during Trump's speech. Incitement is a thing that by definition happens shortly or immediately after or during a rather heated moment where the incited mob is directly adjacent to the "site" of the incitement. None of these were the case in regards to Trump's rally. The "stormers" were breaking in well before it ended and his rally was well the far fucking away from it.

Plus if you're paying any attention to anything that's happened since your post you'd be forced to agree that the whole affair glows fiercely enough in the dark that even a Chinese outright made to be defective Geiger Counter wouldn't fail to start clicking something fierce at a most inconvenient time from the perspective of the PTB.
    Last edited by End; 01-16-2021 at 04:44 AM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless that baker is part of a global baking monopoly that actively colludes with other food industry monopolies to shut down all competition so there's nowhere else to go, they're not the same. You can go to another baker. But when people tried to go to alternative social media (Gab, Parler) that's when Google, Apple, Amazon and even Visa/Mastercard colluded to shut those avenues down.

Also, Twitter wants to have the protected rights of a public forum, while preventing large groups from entering that forum. Either they are a public forum, or they're not. You can't have it both ways.

Edit: Just saw your post
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxe
    In general, the fact that tech. giants are monopolies spoils the analogy—I agree with that. In this instance, the president has access to other channels, which saves the analogy; he can call a press conference or go on Fox News virtually anytime that he wants.
    Trump can, the vast numbers of other people getting kicked off cannot. That's why I keep stressing that it isn't just him, and it's been happening for quite awhile and is most likely going to keep happening and get worse. People only notice because it's him. They don't notice when it's some random nobody, or even thousands of nobodies, but they should.
    Last edited by squark; 01-16-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: Just saw your post
    Trump can, the vast numbers of other people getting kicked off cannot. That's why I keep stressing that it isn't just him, and it's been happening for quite awhile and is most likely going to keep happening and get worse. People only notice because it's him. They don't notice when it's some random nobody, or even thousands of nobodies, but they should.
    Right.

I agree that social media shouldn't ban political opinions, and that doing so sets a dangerous precedent. It’s also the case that people need to hear clashing opinions from others in order to better understand their own. ‘Freedom’ is just as much a personal attitude (one of openness to inquiry and self-examination) as it is a set of external circumstances. Moreover, I don’t believe that bans will address the fake news crisis, which can only be mitigated (it’ll never be solved) by better education, more transparency, and higher living standards. This is why I believe that it was wrong to ban Donald Trump.

That said, there is a deeper issue here which routinely goes unacknowledged:

For a private institution, the requirement to safeguard freedom of speech isn’t a legal duty; it is a moral one that flows from a gentleman’s agreement to be an open-minded, inquisitive, and reasonable participant in a democratic society.

Yet the person being censored fails to live up to his own end of that agreement. He rarely dissuades the violent or conspiratorial tendencies of his supporters; instead, he energizes them with rhetoric about the necessity of ‘strength’ and the cowardice of compromise in the face of a merciless enemy. That is neither open-minded nor reasonable. He leads his supporters on and refuses to take responsibility for their actions.

Let’s reverse the situation. Let’s suppose that Trump was banned by some random Twitter employee. Could Jack Dorsey get away with saying “It’s not my problem; I didn’t do it and don't have to reverse the decision”? You and I know both that he’d be slandered for not running a tight ship. Yet Donald Trump is consistently allowed to circumvent the same expectations.

It is deeply dishonest to demand that one side act in accordance with principle while eliding the social responsibilities of the other side.

>> As an aside, it’s worth noting that the monopoly of tech. firms is somewhat overstated because of the presence of other social media platforms, as well as the existence of bitcoin. It doesn't make their actions any less wrong, of course, but the Internet, as a whole, is still very much decentralized and free.
    Last edited by xerx; 01-18-2021 at 04:31 AM. Reason: +added

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most interesting Potus in the world

This is the comment you are looking for

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the comment you are looking for

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    The most interesting Potus in the world

That Biden promises to cancel KeyStone XL Pipe line from Alberta to Louisiana, a pipeline already billions paid in the pocket and construction started, is a major concern for Canada. The pipeline is carbon neutral, it will be powered by sunlight and hydroelectric power %100 and only employ Union members in both the USA and Canada.

The Canadian Government supports this project as part of its Paris Accord deal. The pipe line is a big deal and having Biden shut it down for Green interests, not considering Canadian crude bitumen is the most regulated and environmentally neutral on Earth, and choosing to continue to rely on the OPEC and Saudia Arabian oil is a major loss for the first world.

Anyone but Trump, fine, but Biden is a career politician and a Dinosaur. His Executive Order to cancel the pipeline is a major "fuck you" to Canada and Canadians who rely on resource extraction.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast